As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

We have [movie] sign!

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR80qiXgMuQ

this is my fav from that special

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Censoring the "I Shaved My Balls for This" shirt is my "Han shot first" moment and I'm not even joking

Hulu lets Pete wear his shirt that says that and its just for The League

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Head of global communications at WarnerMedia Johanna Fuentes claims the TV edit of Birds of Prey replacing the regular version on HBO Max was an erroneous upload that will be fixed back soon

• Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    Tick Tick Boom is a perfect film. The moment that hit me the hardest was:
    Susan being heartbroken that Jon never even asked her not to move away. Because my immediate reaction was "Well of course he didn't, he's throwing everything and the kitchen sink into the pursuit of his dream, and he knows how important dancing is to her, so what right would he have to ask her not to do the same?"

Followed quickly by, "No, dumbass, love isn't just politely respecting someone's career aspirations, letting them know you want them around is kind of a big part of it."

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Head of global communications at WarnerMedia Johanna Fuentes claims the TV edit of Birds of Prey replacing the regular version on HBO Max was an erroneous upload that will be fixed back soon

Hilarious.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular

[SNIP]

I'm seeing that something similar has happened on Netflix before, where someone put up the TV edit of Back to the Future II rather than the proper cut.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Boy that was a HARROWING several minutes there…

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    that's what happens when you find a stranger in the alps

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Man, what a fucking cool ass parallel universe that would be.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    What game designer would've taken Sondheim's place in that universe?

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    David Cage

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    David Cage

Has a Broadway musical ever included a shower scene?

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    David Cage

Rodgers and Hammerstein beat him to it - I'm Gonna Wash That Man Right Outta My Hair from South Pacific

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Disney should make a $100m version of South Pacific because that would be funny

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Reynolds wrote: »
    David Cage

Rodgers and Hammerstein beat him to it - I'm Gonna Wash That Man Right Outta My Hair from South Pacific

Yeah, well did Rodgers and Hammerstein ever have a sex scene with a corpse?

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Almost, but they ended up going with Cinderella instead of Sleeping Beauty.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Getting into video game development in 1982 would have been pretty fucking tragic

Maddoc on
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    My wife and I are getting high and watching Cats. Because what fonder memorial for Sondheim than to disrespect Andrew Lloyd Webber?

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Welp, family tried to sit down and watch Dunc together just now on HBO Max, since everyone else besides me had missed it, only to learn that there is no way to legally watch it on demand right now

Fucking bizarre move, HBO

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    My wife and I are getting high and watching Cats. Because what fonder memorial for Sondheim than to disrespect Andrew Lloyd Webber?

I'll probably watch Sweeney Todd or West Side Story.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular

Everytime I try to put Cats on my wife leaves the room. She refuses to watch it with me!!

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular

Everytime I try to put Cats on my wife leaves the room. She refuses to watch it with me!!

Holding out for the Butthole cut, I get it

• Options
    Arrow(or as I like to think of them, Grindhouse Criterion) are having an amazing sale:
    https://www.arrowvideo.com/christmas-sale-2021.list (can be NSFW)
    e41h1iaz6r0x.pngcvit8p97249z.png
    64ieitxqk42o.pngrwbyzcpr96yy.png

I love their cover styles.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Dead or Alive is that gangster movie with the incredible escalating duel at the end, yeah?

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Dead or Alive is that gangster movie with the incredible escalating duel at the end, yeah?

Yep. The one where:
    The earth blows up.

• Options
    Maddoc wrote: »

Holding out for the Butthole cut, I get it

I hadn’t thought of it but this makes sense.

• Options
    Mortal Sky wrote: »
    Welp, family tried to sit down and watch Dunc together just now on HBO Max, since everyone else besides me had missed it, only to learn that there is no way to legally watch it on demand right now

Ended up watching Shang Chi instead, which none of us had seen and was my first dip back into Marvel since 2019

Pretty fun movie, albeit definitely front-loaded in terms of quality IMO

• Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    Man, I had forgotten how funny casablanca was.
    Rick is such a an asshole

• Options
    I caved on Season of the Witch, Robocop, Stray Cat Rock, and Last Starfighter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3FT6xndS1Y
    (NSFW)
    It seems pretty interesting.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Shang-Chi spoilers thoughts:
    Ok yeah I had heard the bus fight ruled, and it was in fact very good. This movie's entire shtick seems to be "what if high-tier fight choreography had a gajillion dollars of camera equipment and CGI compositing", and it was nice to have one bit where that all still felt some degree of grounded even when a guy had a sword arm

The aesthetic of the sister's room absolutely nailed a certain mid/late-'00s hipster-chic look I've hardly seen since that era, think the poster wall in Juno's room from the eponymous film

The movie definitely takes a bizarre turn going into the final act the second Ben Kingsley shows up, or really about a minute after when the lil' CGI seraph mascot creature shows up, plus the following sequences with the mythological monsters and such. As if it's trying to gear shift from a Chinese-American/Canadian diasporic homecoming story to a "Chinese theatrical market focus-tested" vibe, but accidentally misses the gear-shift and has to play with the throttle and clutch an extra time before the gear shifts properly. I'm not ethnically Chinese, nor by nationality, so I have a hard time articulating exactly why this vibe is the way it is, but I think it's fair to say this movie feels like it's trying to have it's cake and eat it for multiple very different ethnically Chinese demographics. Whether or not the movie gracefully bridges that gap is a "your mileage may vary" proposition

That said, the final CGI-fest action sequence was remarkably fun and emotionally satisfying considering how weird that final act transition was, so it's not like the third act of the film is bad so much as odd. Was also not expecting the movie's ultimate baddie to be a straight up Cthulh-oid eldritch beast, so that was kinda fun.

It's pretty easy to compare Shang-Chi to Black Panther, at least superficially - both are films that try to make commentary on or at least invoke a greater racial diaspora, and ultimately end up compromised by the limits of Marvel Studio's own gilded-and-greenscreened bird cage, but still have a lot of heart. I don't necessarily know how I feel about either film! I think they're ok to feel conflicted about! Killmonger has more to say about American racial politics and post-colonial relationships with Africa (and he's right about a lot even if the film ultimately opts for a more Liberal outlook) that the rest of Marvel has to say about anything! Meanwhile, Shang-Chi feels like there may have been a draft of the script that was trying to find a similar through-line on the Chinese-American experience, but it felt a lot muddier in that regard. But again, I'm not Chinese nor Chinese-American, maybe there are folks my age who felt seen as hell by the movie as it is

• Options
    KruiteKruite Registered User regular

They had a notice saying it was only available through the 26th

• Options
    edited November 2021
    Kruite wrote: »

They did an awful job of getting word out!

Anyways this was the first day of the Thanksgiving weekend where we had a clean shot at watching it so, sucked to suck, +1 view count for Lord Disney I guess

Mortal Sky on
  • Options

Anyways this was the first day of the Thanksgiving weekend where we had a clean shot at watching it so, sucked to suck, +1 view count for Lord Disney I guess

Don't worry, you can still watch Frank Herbert's DUUNE anytime you please.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B6jgkcANRE

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    That video isn't fucking funny and I'm tired of just pretending like it is

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

Be cool Gurney

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular

11ccn8p3tp7c.jpg

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular

I've enjoyed it for years now

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    let the bit enjoyers enjoy their bit, says the bit enjoyer

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular

All of the theater premiere movies are on HBO Max for a month or so only. The good news is, they get added back after a period of time, so you can wait and see it at that point. Or in the case of Dune, it's going back to theaters next month, so you could choose to do that if you wanted to.

This discussion has been closed.