As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Sit Down And Have Some Cucumber [chat]wiches

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Done with work!

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    Done with work!

Moving to the woods.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    I really want to play more Forza but the wifi here can't handle it.

Why must I suffer so!

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    the child in front of me trying to set a guinness world record for number of times a person has dropped an iPad in 4 hours.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    @cj iwakura you can make a whole trip out of just Paris and the surrounding areas. I found Versailles (which was a shortish train trip from Paris) horribly overcrowded, but the palace grounds alone were worth the trip. Also I bet it’s not crowded right now!

If you’re into wine or champagne there’s great vineyards not far from the city. The city itself is an amazing place to get good food. Some steak frites at a bistro with a glass of burgundy is a lovely meal

It’s also just an amazing place to walk around. The architecture is beautiful, and there’s infinity places to get an amazing pastry

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    I always quietly whisper to any group from which I am departing that I was gay the entire time. It's v accurate actually.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    hey apple nerds, i've got a question that someone might have the answer to

so i was thinking of picking up a projector for someone for christmas. Their usual way of watching stuff is with an ipad and bluetooth headphones because they're in a shared house where you could spit through the walls so speakers are a no go

if you used a lightning -> hdmi dongle to connect the ipad to the projector, can you still use bluetooth headphones or will it automatically try to do the sound via hdmi? Is the audio just a case of going into the airplay section and selecting the headphones or does the HDMI count as a cast?

i've tried googling this and found... not much. I think the words ipad, projector, bluetooth, headphones were too generic for me to find what i'm looking for

@syndalis @Donkey Kong @Echo @ other apple nerds

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Alright imma call my birthgiver and sire then imma eat a lot of tasty food. Y'all be excellent to each other and party on dudes, dudeettes, and them duderinos

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    I'm going to work instead

• Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    My parents gave me good advice about life but I cant play Forza

*vibrates 16ishly*

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    please enjoy your day yes, yes

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Are all these dog breeds made up

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    please enjoy your day yes, yes

If 7777 people do not enjoy thanksgiving exactly that many our entire race will die
    Yes yes

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Grudge wrote: »
    Spotify chose today to start pushing Christmas playlists.

No, stop. Not yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ap9GqyLoWyY

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Tav, I don't believe thats possible, unfortunately.

If an AppleTV were to host projector-side airplay instead of HDMI, you could pair the bluetooth headphones with the apple TV and effectively do it. At that point just use the apple TV instead of the iPad tho. Plus cost.

You could also use a device like this to split out the audio and transmit it to the headphones: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B095WBHTQX/

Not vouching for this thing just letting you know this class of thing exists. Cost again. These headless devices that pair with bluetooth headphones tend to be a pain in the butt.

These solutions are not great. I think the Apple TV one is least likely to fail but its expensive.

Maybe the projector will transmit to headphones? You never know.

• Options
    edited November 2021
    https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/370201/how-to-audio-out-to-ipad-pro-when-connected-to-hdmi

I found this and one post was...promising?
    I was able to manually switch the audio by going to control center, tap the audio sharing button and then select the built-in speakers or other connected device. I use my wireless headphones. It doesn’t always stick, but I’ve found once you set it, it tends to stay put.

--
    I was looking for this thank you. It worked. What he refers is the “publish” sign in the “now playing” box on control center. –
    JSBach
    Apr 28 at 15:03
    Yes worked for me. If you have an external Bluetooth speaker –
    dacology
    May 22 at 9:36

Tumin on
  • Options
    Tumin wrote: »

*vibrates 16ishly*

It's possible for parents to give good advice?

• Options
    edited November 2021
    JebusUD wrote: »

*vibrates 16ishly*

It takes a lot of coaching and you have to give them participation trophies or theyll give up, but maybe after 20 years or so,

(It helps to start with good ones who are in therapy, I actually think 5 years of couples therapy finally got them to a good place)

Tumin on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Tav, I don't believe thats possible, unfortunately.

If an AppleTV were to host projector-side airplay instead of HDMI, you could pair the bluetooth headphones with the apple TV and effectively do it. At that point just use the apple TV instead of the iPad tho. Plus cost.

You could also use a device like this to split out the audio and transmit it to the headphones: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B095WBHTQX/

Not vouching for this thing just letting you know this class of thing exists. Cost again. These headless devices that pair with bluetooth headphones tend to be a pain in the butt.

These solutions are not great. I think the Apple TV one is least likely to fail but its expensive.

Maybe the projector will transmit to headphones? You never know.

the person has an Apple TV (in a different room but its easily moved) so this is probably the best shout

thanks dankey

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
  • Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    JebusUD wrote: »

*vibrates 16ishly*

It takes a lot of coaching and you have to give them participation trophies or theyll give up, but maybe after 20 years or so,

(It helps to start with good ones who are in therapy, I actually think 5 years of couples therapy finally got them to a good place)
    My parents' life advice is to tell me that you can't trust any research because it's all funded and therefore only going to provide the results the liberal elite want and this is why vaccines cause autism.

AND I can't play Forza.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    thinking back on my 41 years of life i don't think my mom has ever once given me good advice

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/370201/how-to-audio-out-to-ipad-pro-when-connected-to-hdmi

I found this and one post was...promising?
    I was able to manually switch the audio by going to control center, tap the audio sharing button and then select the built-in speakers or other connected device. I use my wireless headphones. It doesn’t always stick, but I’ve found once you set it, it tends to stay put.

--
    I was looking for this thank you. It worked. What he refers is the “publish” sign in the “now playing” box on control center. –
    JSBach
    Apr 28 at 15:03
    Yes worked for me. If you have an external Bluetooth speaker –
    dacology
    May 22 at 9:36

This is interesting but it sounds like a glitch or oversight that could be patched out any time. Worth having in a back pocket for sure

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    The most famous piece of advice my dad has ever given me was when I started dating my first girlfriend (in my early twenties). Neither parent had ever given me any form of The Talk.

My dad told me about this ex-Mossad agent who was very good, one of the best, but he quit. He knew all their stuff, so they were trying to get him, but he was too good, he knew all the tricks and they could never catch him. But then one day this woman starts chatting him up at a bar, and even though he was so good he went back with her to her apartment, and there they got him. And that's why I should always use a condom.

• Options
    A mother is explaining to her ~14 year old son that the united states is not divided by an ocean with the exception of hawaii and a few island territories. He is confident she is wrong and that you cant drive from Massachusetts to Arizona because theres an ocean.

• Options
    Surfpossum wrote: »
    The most famous piece of advice my dad has ever given me was when I started dating my first girlfriend (in my early twenties). Neither parent had ever given me any form of The Talk.

My dad told me about this ex-Mossad agent who was very good, one of the best, but he quit. He knew all their stuff, so they were trying to get him, but he was too good, he knew all the tricks and they could never catch him. But then one day this woman starts chatting him up at a bar, and even though he was so good he went back with her to her apartment, and there they got him. And that's why I should always use a condom.

What a parable. Real classic dad shit.

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    Happy thanksgiving, folks. I’m thankful for you lot.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    Recognizing or following good advice as a teenager? Not me.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    i walked uphill about a block at a brisk pace and i'm basically dead

i definitely feel like i coulda done that no problem a year ago

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    everyone knows about the Nebraska ocean, dk

• Options
    A mother is explaining to her ~14 year old son that the united states is not divided by an ocean with the exception of hawaii and a few island territories. He is confident she is wrong and that you cant drive from Massachusetts to Arizona because theres an ocean.

no i think this is true

• Options
    Elendil wrote: »

Did you ever get your heating pad back from the cat?

• Options
    My dad tried to give me a '"the talk" when I was 22 and me and Jebustina had been together for over 4 years at this point, lived together for 2, didn't have a kid, and after he definitely saw a condom wrapper in the bathroom trash of our apartment.

Yeah, thanks, I'll get right on using a condom. A+ parenting there dad.

• Options

if you want to walk easily you basically have to walk all the time

it's pretty unfair if you ask me

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

You shouldn't have dumped all your stats in Wisdom and Attunement but instead should have gone for a Dexterity/Endurance build.

• Options
    Two oceans, even!

78bwp122ouog.png

• Options

Slamming the yes vote on the more school funding levys already.

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Surfpossum wrote: »
    Two oceans, even!

78bwp122ouog.png

Wait a minute, there are TWO North Americas?!?

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Watching the rest of the new He-Man cartoon. Why does Skeletor have a penis??

• Options
    Pretty sure my mom knew there wasn't a chance I'd have a girlfriend before moving out. Dodged that awkward talk.

This discussion has been closed.