As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Sit Down And Have Some Cucumber [chat]wiches

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    i want to buy a treadmill but the logistics of actually getting one into my house are daunting

Buying new a decent number of brands will come semi-flatpack and need assembly, so getting it into the house and the space you want is easier than anticipated.

Buying used seems like, yeah, it'll be extra work to figure out how to handle a fully assembled treadmill.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i want to buy a treadmill but the logistics of actually getting one into my house are daunting

Buying new a decent number of brands will come semi-flatpack and need assembly, so getting it into the house and the space you want is easier than anticipated.

Buying used seems like, yeah, it'll be extra work to figure out how to handle a fully assembled treadmill.

yeah i'm gonna have to arrange borrowing my brother's truck, which is fine it's just gonna add like an hour to the whole operation and i want a teleporter

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    I wonder how much unwanted advice gets thrown at @Chanus because people are using mobile.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    joshgotro wrote: »
    I wonder how much unwanted advice gets thrown at Chanus because people are using mobile.

i dunno that it makes a difference lel

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Six wrote: »

Having owned a treadmill in the past, I wouldn’t recommend it. They’re big and heavy and eventually pretty boring and a pain to get in and a pain to get rid of.

i've got a pretty strong walking habit already and i don't want to walk circles around my house anymore

I'm still in awe of this btw

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    Have you considered milling your grain using a water wheel instead?

• Options

Having owned a treadmill in the past, I wouldn’t recommend it. They’re big and heavy and eventually pretty boring and a pain to get in and a pain to get rid of.

i've got a pretty strong walking habit already and i don't want to walk circles around my house anymore

I'm still in awe of this btw

honestly i can't believe i've never broken a toe or even wanged my elbow on a doorframe

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    I apologize for offering unwanted advice.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    please give me unwanted advice

• Options
    I apologize for offering unwanted advice.

i still love you

• Options
    Echo wrote: »

Don’t get a treadmill

• Options
    What about an elliptical

• Options
    Or a walking pad?

• Options
    I got you all Pelotons hth

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular

Don’t get a treadmill

What about me

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular

A watched pot never boils.

• Options
    I should reveal my sexuality while doing a video doing mace training

so I can :cool: come out swinging

First I'd have to decide on a sexuality though, that sounds like an awful lot of work.

• Options

A watched pot never boils.

6p7dc9mpvse4.png

Well, then I can't be arsed taking this joke any further.

• Options
    Mim wrote: »

Don’t get a treadmill

What about me

Get a peloton

• Options
    Tumin wrote: »
    What about an elliptical

I like elliptical and had one. They’re also very big and heavy though.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Pumpkin pie breakfast because I made one. Its good. Not sweet. A bit sharp with the spices. But I am okay with that.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular

Never get involved in a land war in Asia.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    i borrowed a ladder off my dad to hang these curtains and honestly i didn't realise how high up the rail was and it's going to be awkward

prob like 10 foot up its going to be a pain to hang these heavy ass blackout curtains

• Options
    Aegis wrote: »

Never get involved in a land war in Asia.

*recalls eight battalions*

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    I heard we were telling chanus not to buy a treadmill

• Options

Oh no

• Options
    Are we friends with vegans?

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    lfx's relatives include a number of people in their 60s (?) who used to read a lot of fantasy/scifi but aren't up to date on the latest and want to know what's out there

we're going to put together a recommendation list and I'm pretty hype to actually push books on a receptive audience

Some people really do have nice families and I cannot comprehend it

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Bogart wrote: »
    They say money can't buy happiness but I feel certain I can prove them wrong.

Yeah don't mind me I'm gonna just buy a full suit of Dianese leathers, hop on my Ducati Panigale, and outrun any sadness I might have

ducati-panigale-v4-r.jpg?h=450&l=50&t=40

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    The first big-O in a month, that’s how I’m celebrating not having to work

Also the perfunctory wine and vapery

• Options
    joshgotro wrote: »
    Are we friends with vegans?

I am! Not with ones that compare eating meat to American slavery tho

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    lfx's relatives include a number of people in their 60s (?) who used to read a lot of fantasy/scifi but aren't up to date on the latest and want to know what's out there

we're going to put together a recommendation list and I'm pretty hype to actually push books on a receptive audience

The worst thing at Thanksgiving for us is the nephew who is inexplicably a Cowboys fan.

• Options
    No, no, not American slavery

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    i have one vegan friend

he insists on bringing his own food to gatherings because (a) he doesn't want to put people out and (2) whoever cooking probably isn't as good at vegan cooking as him

it's a good system

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited November 2021
    @Chanus Sole Fitness makes really good heavy duty steel products that aren't rinky dink bullshit, like they actually feel (and weigh :P ) like the shit you use at the gym instead of "As Seen on TV" scams

I got a Sole exercise bike three years ago that has held up really well under all the punishment my dumb ass can deliver

edit: they also delivered to my house for not that much extra? i didn't get the assembly option tho, but my dad and I were able to work it ok

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »

His family is great (that half of it, anyway)
    So much nicer than my former in-laws tbh

compare and contrast, for example:

"Wow, I always thought [ex-husband] would end up with someone more domestic!" legit fuck right off, ex-mother in law

"hahaha yeah good thing you're not a neat freak or you'd kill lfx, you guys have a good balance" right on, lfx family

and we played some board games and in general hung out with them for like 10 hours. It was a bit boring, because hanging out with people you don't really know for 10 hours is kinda boring, but I always felt included and welcome and no one ever said anything remotely shitty

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    however today I'm talking to my mom for the first time in many months and I am d r e a d i n g it
    also need to get back to cleaning for when she comes over bleahhhhh

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    I'm not certain I understand a vegan just bringing food to a feast. Won't all those horrible animal products vegans are opposed to have already been used and made into food? Making more food to bring just means more waste.

Or is vegan more like a religious thing where you become tainted or sinful by partaking?

• Options
    edited November 2021
    navgoose wrote: »
    I'm not certain I understand a vegan just bringing food to a feast. Won't all those horrible animal products vegans are opposed to have already been used and made into food? Making more food to bring just means more waste.

Or is vegan more like a religious thing where you become tainted or sinful by partaking?

It makes them happy I presume

Just as ritually slaughtering millions of turkeys keeps the ghost of Thomas Jefferson happy and asleep for another year

Tumin on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited November 2021
    Yesterday my uncle called me and wished me happy thanksgiving. He is in network security and he congratulated me again on my new job, telling me I’m lucky I wfh and don’t have to ‘work in the office with all the h1bs; they smell like curry’

Organichu on
This discussion has been closed.