As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New [chat] Variant

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    JebusUD wrote: »
    My son asked "what does a papaya taste like" yesterday and I said, "I don't know how to describe it, like a papaya"

repeat about 4 times.

" ...I'll go buy a papaya"

And that's the story of why I went to the Asian supermarket yesterday, the end.

Good dadding imo

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    I always wonder what the grinch's deal is. Not the Jim Carrey grinch, which comes with a backstory, but the actual grinch.

There was a canonical (?) special written by Dr Seuss where he even has a Grinch's Oath about how evil he's going be.

What role in society does a grinch play? Why do they exist? Is there just the one, or many? Why hasn't he been arrested?
    what crimes did the grinch commit prior to stealing christmas

being a green monster man? do you support a Who ethnostate

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Every once in a while I'll search for something that's not incredibly obscure (generally relationship- or sex- related) and stumble across message boards where randos are talking about something related and man, people have some very strong bad takes for things they have no experience with for basically every subject ever.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    wtf did Ariana Grande just decide one day "fuck it I'm Asian now?"

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Why lettuce when you can spinach, I say

Spinach is the superior green leaf.

Yeah, when I say "bag of salad" I mean "bag of spinach leaves", because big lol at the thought of buying a bag of lettuce.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Every once in a while I'll search for something that's not incredibly obscure (generally relationship- or sex- related) and stumble across message boards where randos are talking about something related and man, people have some very strong bad takes for things they have no experience with for basically every subject ever.
    I know, [chat] is insane, amirite?

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    navgoose wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Why is the produce so cheap at the Asian market? I got huge tray of basil. 2 dollars. Huge tray of limes. 2 dollars. Huge tray of prickly pears. 1 dollar.

I should go there for produce every day.

Asian grocery stores are the best.

But is the produce grown in magic landfill adjacent dirt?

There were some signs up with wacky health claims about turmeric.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    I called my brother who struggles with addiction and who almost certainly has bipolar disorder and he said he read the symptoms of bipolar disorder and said most of them were a “slam dunk” and described all these things in his life that were probably manic episodes or paranoia

It’s very treatable! Most people just need a mood stabilizer

God that was a relief. He wants his life to get better and this explains why he’s had such problems with drug addiction, can’t hold down a job, blows up in violent and scary ways etc

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular

they fucked around and now they're gonna find out

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »

they fucked around and now they're gonna find out

This never would have happened if I had just been able to get a ps5

• Options
    Thai basil best basil. God Italians, get with it you scrubs.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Had to go punch the router again to get my wifi back. Yeah, time to look at mesh routers.

• Options
    Also this is a wild re-framing of my own life given that both of my brothers had bipolar disorder

I was the only good kid OR I was the only kid without untreated bipolar disorder

Jesus. What a nightmare for them.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

i'm not sure that's actually either of them haha

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    I know, [chat] is insane, amirite?

Chat's hot takes are not sufficiently spicy. I'm talking takes like "if my boyfriend had another girl's number in his phone I'd punish him" with no qualifiers, or dozens of blanket "I'd break up with someone if I found out they ever did X" for things where X is completely immaterial to everything, or "I won't date anyone whose vagina can fit more than my dick," which I don't think the poster meant to imply that he'd never date anyone with a vagina, but if not I have some extremely essential information about vaginas to impart.

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    navgoose wrote: »
    Why is the produce so cheap at the Asian market? I got huge tray of basil. 2 dollars. Huge tray of limes. 2 dollars. Huge tray of prickly pears. 1 dollar.

I should go there for produce every day.

Asian grocery stores are the best.

But is the produce grown in magic landfill adjacent dirt?

There were some signs up with wacky health claims about turmeric.

That one is widespread.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »

it is!

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    I always wonder what the grinch's deal is. Not the Jim Carrey grinch, which comes with a backstory, but the actual grinch.

There was a canonical (?) special written by Dr Seuss where he even has a Grinch's Oath about how evil he's going be.

What role in society does a grinch play? Why do they exist? Is there just the one, or many? Why hasn't he been arrested?
    what crimes did the grinch commit prior to stealing christmas

being a green monster man? do you support a Who ethnostate

The Cat in the Hat Grinch special is basically about how he likes to wreak general havoc.

But even disregarding that, I'd be shocked if "stealing Christmas" is his first crime. That's a big one!

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

the true agenda comes to light

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I googled ‘is Ariana grande Asian’ which led me to a controversy where she has a misspelled Japanese tattoo

• Options
    Tav wrote: »

it is!

makeup is wild

• Options
    Omg if omicron Interferes with pax unplugged next weekend I will kill COVID myself

• Options
    tinwhiskerstinwhiskers Registered User regular
    My son asked "what does a papaya taste like" yesterday and I said, "I don't know how to describe it, like a papaya"

repeat about 4 times.

Wait till he asks about durian.

6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Youtube is just trying to spoiler me on the new Ghostbusters movie.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Well omicron is literally everywhere now then

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

it is!

makeup is wild

Its a thing. A lot of the make up stuff has been from Korea and Japan recently. And led to a lot of not Asian folks doing make up that makes them look Asian as it accentuates already almond shaped eyes in certain groups.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »

Turns out busting does not make them feel good.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    os3fjbojrihk.jpg

the way broar said it, i thought she'd pulled an Oli London
    Oli London is a British Internet personality and singer. They are most notable for identifying as a transracial Korean and for having multiple plastic surgery procedures since 2013 to attempt to look like Jimin, one of the members of the K-pop group BTS.

• Options
    GilgaronGilgaron Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Had to go punch the router again to get my wifi back. Yeah, time to look at mesh routers.

I didn't get around to following up last time, but the cheaper Google Wifi models don't have the smart speaker stuff built in like the Google Nest Wifi points do.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »

*casually scrolling down youtube's video list*
    Oh shit
    A Ghostbuster!

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Would I be flattered if someone got multiple plastic surgeries to look like me

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »

I sure hope so, or else I've gotten myself deeply in debt for a laugh

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
  • Options

repeat about 4 times.

Wait till he asks about durian.

I have durian cookies ready to go.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »

still flattered as they're stabbing you for the 47th time and trying to wear your skin?

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    Well omicron is literally everywhere now then

It just hit California yesterday

Thankfully my job doesn’t let us enforce mask wearing so half our customers just don’t wear masks.

I’d say another lockdown is imminent but I’m not sure the insane people are going to go for it

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular

repeat about 4 times.

Good papaying imo

• Options
    the whole transracial thing is just

*tugs collar*

• Options
    tinwhiskerstinwhiskers Registered User regular

it is!

makeup is wild

Its a thing. A lot of the make up stuff has been from Korea and Japan recently. And led to a lot of not Asian folks doing make up that makes them look Asian as it accentuates already almond shaped eyes in certain groups.

Yeah, That K-Pop aesthetic is really huge atm. Her eye stuff could have come right off of a BLACKPINK video.

6ylyzxlir2dz.png
This discussion has been closed.