As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WH40K] In which we discuss dice crime

• Options
    AsherAsher Registered User regular
    As someone who has run 60 Dire Avengers and Asurmen at a tournament, tell that rumour I hate it.

I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    The rumour also says Rangers are moving to Elites, and with Storm Guardians getting rolled into the basic Guardian profile that would leave Craftworld Eldar with only one troops choice (arguably with Corsairs as second).

Any way you slice it, that sounds ridiculous to me.

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    I think the only way I would be okay with that is with some detachment shenanigans like having an Autarch Warlord in a vanguard detachment changing the command bonus to +3 and giving aspects obsec.

fake edit: GW selling a campaign book with a swordwind army that does that.

Re Marine silhouette:
    It's just another Marine HQ model
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/12/20/this-gravis-armoured-captain-is-ready-to-fight-his-way-through-the-christmas-shopping-queues/
    sF4QPqVYTBBPTzbE.jpg

honovere on
  • Options
    McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    Well, at least he'll be able to take relic chainswords I guess.

website_header.jpg
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    When are they gonna bring back The Lion or Vulkan

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Id love a Lorgar model

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    When are they gonna bring back The Lion or Vulkan

The Lion and Leman are tied together to come back it seems
    Vulkan is basically the trump card the harlequins keep in the webway for when they need it
    I am kind of suprised they did not bring back a primarch in the PA era as some of the books hyped up Fulgrim both good and bad till they wrote off the good clone to Trazyn

• Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I mean yes they need to re-release a gravis captain. The only version is the Dark Imperium one which is now out of print.

But so boring.

Also they killed off clone Fulgrim? I haven't read Trayzn.

I am hoping maybe later this year there is a big EC release with a supplement.

Doesn't even have to be big.

Just Lucius and Noise Marines. Get rid of my damn fine cast please.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I mean yes they need to re-release a gravis captain. The only version is the Dark Imperium one which is now out of print.

But so boring.

Can technically get a Gravis Captain in Pariah Nexus too iirc or is that a Gravis Lt?

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular

But so boring.

Can technically get a Gravis Captain in Pariah Nexus too iirc or is that a Gravis Lt?

Captain but its a different loadout

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Yeah, gravis captain with a master crafted heavy bolt rifle

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

But so boring.

clone fulgrim was traded to trazyn for an entire ship full of uncorrupted emperor's children geneseeds, by bile

• Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »

But so boring.

clone fulgrim was traded to trazyn for an entire ship full of uncorrupted emperor's children geneseeds, by bile

That was in a Bile book.

But that means he is a big ol' Chekov's gun just sitting there waiting to be released.

Also the Bile books were fantastic, I highly recommend them.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    And a preview of the art for the cover of the Tau codex
    embzu2amjr6k.png

They should make a deal with Namco for some Tau Gunpla, they'd make a killing.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I'm finally getting around to painting the Space Marine aircraft for Aeronautica Imperialis while I wait for stages of the Ork Mega Bomma to dry. I'm just doing Ultramarines since blue is a color I haven't used much of on any of the AI factions yet. However they look a bit drab so I'm going full 2nd Edition on them and painting all the weapon housing bright red. Need to figure out where to work some bright yellow in too.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    I'm finally getting around to painting the Space Marine aircraft for Aeronautica Imperialis while I wait for stages of the Ork Mega Bomma to dry. I'm just doing Ultramarines since blue is a color I haven't used much of on any of the AI factions yet. However they look a bit drab so I'm going full 2nd Edition on them and painting all the weapon housing bright red. Need to figure out where to work some bright yellow in too.

Any aquilas? There's your yellow.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular

There are a couple on the Storm Eagles and Fire Raptors. None on the fighters though. They need some yellow trim or racing stripes or something.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options

There are a couple on the Storm Eagles and Fire Raptors. None on the fighters though. They need some yellow trim or racing stripes or something.

All the ones on the box have racing stripes on the wings.

Salamanders are black for example.

The box art has them as white but you could do yellow.

If you have picked up any of the other planes like the Thunderhawk use the decals. They help a lot.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular

Paint the canopies as NMM gold. Real cockpits use it:

eezzq3dk2rcn.jpg

and here's a youtube tutorial that uses the color-scheme:
    https://youtu.be/7UUZnUyzSvg

Here are my Ravenwing Xiphon Interceptors for AI that I'm working on, and I used a similar effect (spoilering for scrolling).
    1q0kjfxflkfs.jpeg
    4asb7w6ohhyh.jpeg

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    That squig must be fucking huge.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    Ooooh how did you do the bases with the counters?

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    That squig must be fucking huge.

It needs way more eyes, but amusingly enough the scale looks almost perfect for it to be a Colossal Squig.

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Games Workshop and disappointing everyone by releasing yet another marine model goes hand in hand.

I had a personal bet that it was a Primaris Lieutenant.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    Ooooh how did you do the bases with the counters?

I pulled the top off with the help of a slightly sharpened guitar pick, then primed black and painted dark green (I can’t remember what the name is but similar to Caliban Green) in the radar panels. I followed with a pin wash of nuln oil and then a light dry brush of a lighter green with a soft brush. I use the Artis Opus style, but with a cheap makeup brush.

For the white that’s just Celesta Grey and an edge highlight of pure white. I had a sort of happy accident on one where a little of the light green spilled over on the white and I like it a lot, so I’m going to go back and do that on the other panels.

To finish I’m going to paint in the metal bits and some flood lights with dry brushed OSL.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options
    So I wasn't originally going to use decals since I still felt burned out on decaling every single Imperial Guard infantry model I had, but I put some on some navy fighters and they looked good so I did them for the rest. I bring this up because I only just now noticed that I did not get the decals with the Marine/Eldar box set and only have the decal sheet that came with the Fire Raptors. I don't need the Eldar decals but I am feeling it on not having enough Ultramarine logos.

Is there a way to buy more of that decal sheet?

• Options
    So I wasn't originally going to use decals since I still felt burned out on decaling every single Imperial Guard infantry model I had, but I put some on some navy fighters and they looked good so I did them for the rest. I bring this up because I only just now noticed that I did not get the decals with the Marine/Eldar box set and only have the decal sheet that came with the Fire Raptors. I don't need the Eldar decals but I am feeling it on not having enough Ultramarine logos.

Is there a way to buy more of that decal sheet?

You get one sheet per plane box. Get a Thunderhawk.

Also an amazing model.

The starter box only had general marine and salamander stuff anyway.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Ebay the going rate from a quick look is about $5 to $8
    I don't know the size of the models in AI as I planned on getting the game later

• Options
    I don't know the size of the models in AI as I planned on getting the game later

Slightly bigger than a colossal squig.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    The good news is that the rear covered hatch upgrade kit for the Impulsor makes it looks so much better than the original dumb space El Camino design.

The bad news is that it pretty much adds $17 to the pricetag of an Impulsor if I ever decide to get any more of them.

• Options
    The rig has gone nearly all to chaos
    7i2lmv891eax.png

• Options
    Pink/purple chaos. I want it to be leaning to some EC/Slaanesh stuff real bad. Noise marines and Lucius would be great.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Pink/purple chaos. I want it to be leaning to some EC/Slaanesh stuff real bad. Noise marines and Lucius would be great.

I said earlier it would be neat and thematic to be Emperor's children vs aeldari

• Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Well thats useful

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    I could open the box I won an epoch ago
    4pn1gokajvsw.png

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    embzu2amjr6k.png

They’re already partnered with BanDai for some of the action figures they are doing, so…
    That said, those master and perfect grade models are absolutely nuts and I would definitely like to see a Crisis Suit Commander (with full articulation) done up like one of their gundams, but it would cost the same as a Titan.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    embzu2amjr6k.png

They’re already partnered with BanDai for some of the action figures they are doing, so…
    That said, those master and perfect grade models are absolutely nuts and I would definitely like to see a Crisis Suit Commander (with full articulation) done up like one of their gundams, but it would cost the same as a Titan.

Forgeworld or? As many of the top of the line gunpla kits already cost nearly in excess of 200+

• Options
    edited December 2021
    tldwpoi1iend.png

Also on warcom is a preview of the upcoming animation of Exodite from the maker of the Astartes animations
    Oddly they use the old X15 stealth suits
    K4rVIAz7yKByYshE.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2nJeLjn7YQ

Brainleech on
  • Options
    TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular
    XV25s are more a battlefield/recon suit, the old XV15 is still preferred by some veterans for infiltration missions, according to the 3rd ed book.