As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

World's Greatest Detective [chat]

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Columbo. Owns just the one coat.
    Chanus wrote: »
    Kamiro wrote: »
    Mim wrote: »
    Idk, i mean I would just bounce and say “bon voyage, i’m getting a pizza”

not after spending hundreds of dollars on the meal! it's not like you can get it pro-rated.

do you pay up front though

just cheese foam floating in perfume served in a man's hat it

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • KamiroKamiro Registered User regular
    Kamiro wrote: »
    Idk, i mean I would just bounce and say “bon voyage, i’m getting a pizza”

not after spending hundreds of dollars on the meal! it's not like you can get it pro-rated.

do you pay up front though

just cheese it

presumably you made a reservation

doubt you'd be able to get away with it

and you'd have to get everyone else to go along with it.

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    That fake mouth foam thing looks like it belongs at a bachelorette party, on a plate garnished with gummy dicks.

nibXTE7.png
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    they should put an invisble shootable block next to every metroid obstacle

just go around 4head

The fact that you have to go around shooting everything to find hidden paths is kind of a Metroid staple
    yeah but it's not done bad in the other games

Depends which, going back some of the shit in those earlier games was esoteric af.

Agreed that it doesn't mesh very well with modern game design sensibilities, though, and generally they made a lot of choices that make it a rougher-edged experience than it needed to be.

Overall I found the game quite good, though.

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Sherlock Holmes. Fuckin loves cocaine.
    i believe it was they didn't offer anything in place of the dish the person was allergic to, not that they knowingly served the person a dish that contained ingredients they were allergic to

which is still self-important wank about your artistic vision or whatever but not malicious

That would be an important change from this sentence of the article
    When Rand was served food he was allergic to, repeatedly, because they didn’t care enough to accommodate his.

idk we mostly agree but it is important to me whether the restaurant did merely self important wankery or whether they served allergens

sig.gif
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular

hee hee

sig.gif
  • MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    Jessica Fletcher. If you're her nephew or niece you'll be wrongfully accused of murder soon.
    I only tortured y’all with this restaurant discourse because my buddy was ranting about 45 min while the chills set in

And misery loves company

I hope you enjoyed this performative art piece

You are the anger

• OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    I only tortured y’all with this restaurant discourse because my buddy was ranting about 45 min while the chills set in

And misery loves company

You are the anger

Chat already went over this like 3 days ago though

You are late

• KamiroKamiro Registered User regular

And misery loves company

You are the anger

i mean, we already had this conversation yesterday. so it's just a rehash

• tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    rehashes also fuel anger

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I would absolutely sit through this whole dinner

and then I would write an article and a book about it and get rich

and then open my own restaurant selling only food shaped as an edible cast of my mouth

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular

just go around 4head

The fact that you have to go around shooting everything to find hidden paths is kind of a Metroid staple

Depends which, going back some of the shit in those earlier games was esoteric af.

Agreed that it doesn't mesh very well with modern game design sensibilities, though, and generally they made a lot of choices that make it a rougher-edged experience than it needed to be.

i'm mostly just salty because the game feels excruciatingly linear

i just now, finally unlocked morph ball so maybe it'll deign to allow me to explore but i dunno

Nobody's angry anymore mim

We calm the second time

sig.gif
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular

just go around 4head

i'm mostly just salty because the game feels excruciatingly linear

i just now, finally unlocked morph ball so maybe it'll deign to allow me to explore but i dunno

Well like, to be clear

One of the bosses you have probably beaten already has a secret kill animation if you've unlocked the morph ball before you fight it

So you definitely can explore, but it's kinda hidden and not super obvious.

tyrannus wrote: »
    rehashes also fuel anger

Search your feelings; you know this to be false

sig.gif
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Anaphylactic shock is part of the dining experience, so the chef can rush out with artisanal epinephrine served from a syringe made from the spines of a horseshoe crab's carapace.

nibXTE7.png
    Jessica Fletcher. If you're her nephew or niece you'll be wrongfully accused of murder soon.
    Y’all
    I’m about to die from this booster

You could’ve just let me have this

tyrannus wrote: »
    rehashes also fuel anger

Search your feelings; you know this to be false

ghostbusters

Y’all

Hey good luck not dying though

Some people don't get it too bad

sig.gif
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    Anaphylactic shock is part of the dining experience, so the chef can rush out with artisanal epinephrine served from a syringe made from the spines of a horseshoe crab's carapace.

meanwhile, in the kitchen

g0IS4Kl.jpg

• AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular

what's the third part of the course for the people with a shellfish allergy

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • tinwhiskerstinwhiskers Registered User regular
    Y’all

Just fight through it for another hour, then message everyone you know your a bunch of smut.

6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Y’all

Writing a Twitter review about mim's disappointing posting experience that I didn't pay $300 for

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i had zero side effects from the booster which of course leads me to believe it was saline and i've been bamboozled

Y’all

Just fight through it for another hour, then message everyone you know your a bunch of smut.

Ambien has me wired for the first hour, t’was not my fault!

• Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    anyway i googled "metroid dread stuck" and the part i was at is every result so i think that part just sucked ass

some of these women on Bumble be like "send me a message, i can't see likes"

ma'am this is Bumble

also a lady on Hinge today who straight up said she supports vasectomies and hysterectomies in prisons like jesus fuck

i think i'm gonna give up

• thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    i had zero side effects from the booster which of course leads me to believe it was saline and i've been bamboozled

The booster took me down for extra days compared to second shot. I think it was because I didn't stay hydrated the day after the booster because I was sleeping pretty much 100% of the time.

The only thing I think is that if this is the reaction to the vaccine - I'm really glad I didn't get meaningfully exposed to the virus without it.

some of these women on Bumble be like "send me a message, i can't see likes"

ma'am this is Bumble

also a lady on Hinge today who straight up said she supports vasectomies and hysterectomies in prisons like jesus fuck

i think i'm gonna give up

hate it

hate it so much Chanus

The booster took me down for extra days compared to second shot. I think it was because I didn't stay hydrated the day after the booster because I was sleeping pretty much 100% of the time.

The only thing I think is that if this is the reaction to the vaccine - I'm really glad I didn't get meaningfully exposed to the virus without it.

yeah the theory that your vaccine reaction could indicate your reaction to the virus is like

how would i know if i had it. i'm sleepy like every day

what's the third part of the course for the people with a shellfish allergy

Your epinephrine is served from a plaster cast of the chef's nose complete with coke straw

nibXTE7.png
  • credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    can't get worked up about there not being a non-shellfish foam for one of 27 foam courses. You still can have 22 other spoonfuls of foam

it's not a given that a restaurant is going to work around someone's individual constraints; we expect that as americans, and it's very nice when places do but it's not mandatory

I also fuckin love the commitment to the bit of 'don't eat the orange'

I don't really exist in a world where I see that sort of hard-core performance art/avant garde stuff where people are just enthusiastically and totally committed to the concept and don't break, so it's fun to see

I want the chef's response to be just the pictures of the horse but with no words attached and you're supposed to figure out what it means

credeiki on
    Steam, LoL: credeiki
    also i know the vaccine reaction theory is just something one nurse said maybe about in an interview once or whatever

• TuminTumin Registered User regular
    I burst into the kitchen and demand to see the horse in charge

Surely you have a horse, I yell, in tears

I paid $500 for some foam and it wasn't even made by the fucking horse in the drawing?

• credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Nobody's angry anymore mim

We calm the second time

oh shit wait are we

I'm yelling about this to lfx rn hahahaha

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • TuminTumin Registered User regular
    Restaurants that add a 10% horse surcharge and won't even let you ride the horse are pretty gross

• thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular

yeah the theory that your vaccine reaction could indicate your reaction to the virus is like

how would i know if i had it. i'm sleepy like every day

Fair.

I just know I felt like hammered shit when I was awake (fever, aches, very specific kind of aches behind the eye balls - which was weird) which is why I was sleeping so much - anything to avoid the nonsense.

• japanjapan Registered User regular
    Speaking of commitment to the bit, on pistonheads there is a guy selling a Citroen C2 to which he has fitted a turbo V6

Then made it all-wheel drive by the simple expedient of getting a second, complete turbo v6 with gearbox and fitting it to the rear of the car in addition to the one in the front

It is the builder's second attempt at such a project after the first attempt, er, caught fire

Yours for £22,000

This discussion has been closed.