Options

Geoff 'WORLD PREMIERE' Keighley presents [The Game Awards 2021]

12346»

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Psychonauts 2
    I mean the vote happened a while ago, right? Probably before the take two trademark thing?

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Metroid DREAD
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    I mean the vote happened a while ago, right? Probably before the take two trademark thing?

Ah I assumed it was a while ago. But it looks like the trademark dispute was a week ago. So the votes were supposedly locked in at that point.

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    My heart is blazing, folks. Guilty Gear won best fighting game.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    The show did bring some genuine joys - some of the acceptance speeches can be touches, and the orchestra is usually fantastic. And sometimes there are Muppets.

But yeah, the show's an hour too long and at least half of the trailers are for mediocre stuff that's guaranteed to vanish instantly on release.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    On the subject of the Sonic game trailer: it had no gameplay, so right now it's nothing. But, the way it was shot reminded me of the trailer for that new Kirby game a little while ago. I think that a more open-area Sonic game at speed could be interesting. But again, no gameplay shown. It could be a card game for all we know if it now.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited December 2021
    Metroid DREAD
    Edit: Already covered, this is what I get for not refreshing.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    It's like... you guys rock at making 2D Sonic games- look at freaking Mania- but good goddamn was Sonic not made for 3D.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    Psychonauts 2
    I wasnt sure if I was going to post about the show but it's dead here at work and I'm bored so why not.

Best soundtrack was a fucking joke two games with licensed soundtracks and a 3rd whom won was a soundtrack from 11 years ago.

Nier Replicant had some new music in it and the original version was screwed over in industry recognition because of gerbil-like attention spans in the gaming press. Thanks to Automata, more people came into this version awake and were (correctly) impressed by what was there. So I don't think that win was a joke or anything like that.

shoeboxjeddy on
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Metroid DREAD
    Forspoken isn't PS5 exclusive, it's on PC too. :razz:

• Options
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    It's like... you guys rock at making 2D Sonic games- look at freaking Mania- but good goddamn was Sonic not made for 3D.

Eh, he's had fun 3D games in the past.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    Metroid DREAD
    I wanted Dread to win, but honestly I'm ok with It Takes Two. It's a really great game (and also ironically has an easter egg of Fares saying "Fuck the Oscars" at a past Game Awards :P). It also kind of feels like an underdog choice so I'm happy for them :)

I was disappointed at the lack of literally anything Nintendo. Even if it wasn't BotW2 I was hoping they'd show *something*... oh well....

Sonic 2 looks cool. The Sonic of the Wild game actually looks maybe possibly ok? (but they've shown decent trailers for shit Sonic games before so we'll see)

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    As far as BOTW-likes go, I'm more interested in that game with the girl exploring that island, with a leaf glider and the power to possess objects adn animals. The Breath of the Odyssey thing, I can't remember its name.

• Options
    edited December 2021
    Metroid DREAD
    Enlong wrote: »
    As far as BOTW-likes go, I'm more interested in that game with the girl exploring that island, with a leaf glider and the power to possess objects adn animals. The Breath of the Odyssey thing, I can't remember its name.

Oh yeah... I was making a joke to myself that it was a BOTW clone when she was on the raft that kinda sorta looked like the rafts in BotW, but then it just kept going with all the things that looked straight out of BotW... haha

Edit: Oh also, it was cute seeing PUBG trying to be Fortnite :D haha

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I missed that content creator of the year went to a dude who got famous for cheating at the game he plays. At least I wasn't on twitter for the garbly mess of idiocy his fandom shits out when the name comes up.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
  • Options
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Metroid DREAD
    Warlock82 wrote: »

2 L’s.

The first was using an overwrought sportsball joke.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »

2 L’s.

The first was using an overwrought sportsball joke.

Isn't sportsball already an overused joke?