As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Xbox] Let us know what you really think, Turnip Boy!

2456759

Posts

  • dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Was able to get an X yesterday afternoon at Gamestop. It was a bundle thing but I write it off, I can give the games to friends or just throw them at people and if I hit them, they can keep them. It's really pathetic that I don't even care to play COD or FarCry6 and the NBA 2K22 is apparently the series X version only going by the box art on the front but whatever.

    The load times are very noticeable, and it is very quiet right now but I haven't played a disc game yet so maybe Tales of Arise will make it take off like my One X was. I've got it horizontal to fit in the entertainment shelf but it has air all the way around. Probably gonna wrap the system like my One X because it looks more like a subwoofer.

    Tales of Arise will not even make it burp quietly, though I can't speak for the disc part. The only time my Series X has made any noise whatsoever is leaving it on the armory screen in Warframe, which made the fan spin up (betting they don't cap framerate).

  • DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited January 4
    I have a question, I have a buddy that for years I've been trying to get into PC Gaming.

    Of course now that he has the income to do it, it's basically impossible. He might grab a prebuilt with a 3090 as he has a TV that can do [email protected]

    I'm telling him he should just grab an Xbox Series X to replace his last gen xbox as it can do [email protected] output, and wait till later in the year to see what the next gen cards bring.

    He was asking about the Xbox's [email protected] and I wasn't really sure what the answer is. When playing at that resolution and framerate, is it comparable to a PC with having Graphics Setting set to Ultra? Is it doing some fancy upscaling from a lower res to 4k? are things like RT enabled?

    I couldn't find answers easily through google, so just thought maybe someone here would know. Like I have a highend PC and pushing [email protected] is hard, so I imagine the xbox is doing some magic to hit [email protected]

    Dixon on
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Usually it's 4k60 or 1080/120 I thought. There may be some games that can do both, probably Forza I bet. Halo looks a lot worse on my 900 dollar PC than my 500 Xbox (I only paid 700 for the PC tho)

    Xbox - Local H Jay
    PS - Local_H_Jay
    Sub me on Youtube
    And Twitch
    SynthesisNitsua
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited January 17
    Dixon wrote: »
    I have a question, I have a buddy that for years I've been trying to get into PC Gaming.

    Of course now that he has the income to do it, it's basically impossible. He might grab a prebuilt with a 3090 as he has a TV that can do [email protected]

    I'm telling him he should just grab an Xbox Series X to replace his last gen xbox as it can do [email protected] output, and wait till later in the year to see what the next gen cards bring.

    He was asking about the Xbox's [email protected] and I wasn't really sure what the answer is. When playing at that resolution and framerate, is it comparable to a PC with having Graphics Setting set to Ultra? Is it doing some fancy upscaling from a lower res to 4k? are things like RT enabled?

    I couldn't find answers easily through google, so just thought maybe someone here would know. Like I have a highend PC and pushing [email protected] is hard, so I imagine the xbox is doing some magic to hit [email protected]

    There aren't that many 120 hz games on Xbox Series X though they run a fairly wide gamut rom Ori 2 to Gears 5 multiplayer to Fortnite to Psychonauts 2 to Halo Infinite. There are a number of backwards compatible games that added it as a framerate boost option from the original 60 hz. It's not many titles, but even before backwards compatibility, it's a little more common than on Playstation 5. EDIT: For example, Mass Effect Trilogy has a 120 hz mode on Series X, that is missing from Playstation 5. Haven't heard of any reverse cases for multiplatform titles, or even many Sony exclusives that have the mode at all...?

    For current generation titles, there's almost always a resolution hit (usually down to 1440p or sometimes even lower, then using upscaling techniques like existed on the PSFro even though the console can output at 1440p natively), and sometimes also a fidelity penalty. Fornite and Halo Infinite do it this way. It's not necessarily something people would notice, but then again not everyone notices going from 120 hz from 60 hz either. I thought it was worth it in the case of Psychonauts 2, but not for Halo Infinite. As a general rule, first-party Xbox games, which almost always get simultaneous PC releases also by Microsoft, run at an equivalent of mixed high-ultra settings (this is true about Flight Simulator for example), at an upscaled 4K, whether at 30 or 60 FPS (though 60 FPS is more common); Digital Foundry established that a while ago, since the launches are almost always simultaneous. Unsurprisingly, doubling the framerate involves bringing some of those settings down to high or medium. And there are still exceptions--Forza Horizon 5 follows the same model, except the options are between 30 and 60, not 60 and 120.

    I have a EVGA RTX 3080 Ti, which thanks to DLSS is substantial overkill for 4K/60hz on the Windows 10 gaming side (I don't have regular access to a UHD monitor that supports 120 hz, so I've only tested it a handful of times via my television). Then again, for the MSRP of my video card I could almost buy 3 Series X consoles, nevermind the i7-10700 it's paired with, or the RAM, or the Nvme storage, or the motherboard, or everything else. The state of 4K gaming over 60 hz is still rather lackluster on PC, even next to much less powerful (and much more efficient) consoles.

    Console gaming is still absurdly cheaper than comparable PC hardware, even in the best possible circumstances.

    Synthesis on
    Local H JayDixon
  • DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Finally got around to beating Halo Infinite. I don't know if it turns out that all Halo needed was a grappling hook, but this is the only game on the series that really clicked with me.

    Though it was far from perfect. I don't give any kinda shit about this story, and the open world needs to be expanded/refined for the next game. Maybe ditch the indoor sections altogether, since it was all just the same boring hallways over and over.

    BRIAN BLESSED
  • Senna1Senna1 Registered User regular
    Spent my winter break playing some chill-ish indie games on GamePass. Firewatch and What Remains of Edith Finch being particular highlights.

    Need to decide what to play with next. Maybe I'll revisit Skyrim ten years on; my original playthrough stalled out in draugr cave #11ty-something.

  • DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    Thank you for the write up Synthesis, I’ll pass it along and still probably say an Xbox for the time being and then when 4000 series cards come out to grab a prebuilt then.

    I’m surprised the console handles it as well as it does. That’s pretty cool.

  • rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    Thought the X/PS5 were roughly around a 2070-2080 if that brings some perspective. Which is not bad at all compared to the current GPU market.

  • McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    The consoles probably have a bit more 'room to grow' as well - I was watching a Digital Foundry video the other day where they were talking about how early XB1 / PS4 games were 'benchmarked' as roughly the same as XXXX card, which would have no chance of doing what they were pushing out by the end of the generation.

    Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
    Local H JayProhassSynthesisNitsuaAndy Joe
  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited January 5
    its hard to compare exactly 1:1, because more than the GPU is a factor when it comes to how things play, and theres a lot that can be gained from targeting specific hardware, etc. Like you can do a rough comparison but its always going to have astericks. Either way though youll always be getting more bang for your buck with these consoles, just based on how inflated some prices are for PC tech at the moment and optomisation and the fact that the consoles are sold at a loss

    Prohass on
    McFodder
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »
    its hard to compare exactly 1:1, because more than the GPU is a factor when it comes to how things play, and theres a lot that can be gained from targeting specific hardware, etc. Like you can do a rough comparison but its always going to have astericks. Either way though youll always be getting more bang for your buck with these consoles, just based on how inflated some prices are for PC tech at the moment and optomisation and the fact that the consoles are sold at a loss

    It's also worth noting that in the 3D graphics era, consoles at launch have actually pretty often set the high-end visual processing goals for desktop PC gaming (nevermind that the large majority of Windows PC owners, much less computer users overall, don't have any sort of gaming hardware at any given time), despite much less raw power. There have been some notable exceptions: the Xbox One and Playstation 4 were somewhat underpowered compared to the same generation of 3D GPUs of their era, apparently, and the original Playstation was so underpowered that, even more so than the XB1 and PS4, practical 3D accelerator-equipped PCs could match, and radically surpass, original Playstation performance well within the console's lifetime (as seen by how immediately accessible Playstation emulation at x4 or more the video resolution of actual hardware was via products like Bleem!...provided you had a gaming PC in the first place, which was still much more expensive than the actual hardware). The Switch, as a portable, is an unusual case, but it performance wise somewhere between the Xbox 360 and Xbox One (and notably, it's not x86 based either).

    A lot of it seems to be do with time (and how rapidly things like 3D accelerators were updated in the PC market space, even if we've slowed a lot since then, on top of living in a period of horrific silicon inflation). The Digital Foundry guys noted that, the winter after the Xbox 360's launch (when Dead or Alive 4 released), a Pentium 4 setup that could've realistically matched that console's performance in that game--at 720p, at 60 hz, with copious volumetric lighting and particle effects--could potentially run into the thousands of dollars (in their estimation; DOA4 never got a PC release, so no one really knows except for people who worked for Team Ninja at the time, and possible the Xbox backwards compatibility team). The console was, as it happened, very efficient in what it set out to do (3D accelerated graphics), though obviously substantially weaker in other areas (for example, memory). Games like Oblivion and Call of Duty 2 were even more interesting; DF noted that an very serious, high-end system would've been needed to run COD2 at Xbox 360 visual fidelity in 2005.

    This was apparently even true in the 2D era occasionally. Your typical x86 IBM clone (or even just x86 in general) that could run Doom in 1993 (something that no consumer console could manage; even something like the Neo Geo would've struggled I have to assume) would've floundered producing the same 2D sprite performance the Super Nintendo was capable of (and you can see it in the 2D platform games on PC around the time of the SNES and Sega Megadrive launch). Unifying 2D and 3D graphics pipelines (is that the right word?) on PC eventually addressed that. But it's a lot more obvious in the 3D era where decisions by Sony (and Nintendo and Sega and others) really blazed the trail for 3D graphics in non-professional software. A lot of that still rings true, despite how extremely "PC-like" most consoles, since the original Xbox, have been.

    On a semi-related note, sad (though also kind of predictable) news:



    The Xbox One legacy dev mode (that was inherited into the Xbox Series hardware) has gotten a widespread banwave. In bureaucratese, Microsoft claims to be enforcing the original terms of service--that dev mode isn't there for you to use an awesome homebrew ecosystem including RetroArch, etc., it's there for you to be...developing (and then publishing)...things. And if you haven't done that in 90 days, you're getting kicked off, unlike the original policy of wink-wink-Gamecube-emulator-wink. Which is unfortunate for people who did want to enjoy the hardware for those purposes, but not surprising (this is something people warned about since developer mode was first put into effect).

    Dev mode, aside from what it was actually supposed to do, seems to have had two major consequences: the Xbox One was never effectively hacked (unlike Playstation 4 and Switch, or the Xbox 360, the Playstation 3, the Wii U or the original Xbox), because there wasn't sufficient impetuous. It does seem like most people hack consoles to run copies of games or software that was never released on the platform. And the Xbox One (and Xbox Series by extension) became a very convenient option for Playstation 2 and Gamecube emulation, etc., which pretty much everyone knew was going to be a problem eventually (I remember when Microsoft pulled a Windows 8-compatible SNES emulator off the Xbox Store). For people enjoying that use case, this kind of sucks, but considering the last console generation is being positioned to be retired, one can speculate what Microsoft's plans for a low-access developer option might be when they've already retired-and-replaced software functionality with the Xbox Series release (and what they thought of unauthorized emulation on their hardware). Will this lead to the Xbox One finally being hacked?

    Still, sucks for people who paid $25 for the privilege.

    TexiKenAndy JoeZilla360
  • CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Synthesis wrote: »

    The Xbox One legacy dev mode (that was inherited into the Xbox Series hardware) has gotten a widespread banwave. In bureaucratese, Microsoft claims to be enforcing the original terms of service--that dev mode isn't there for you to use an awesome homebrew ecosystem including RetroArch, etc., it's there for you to be...developing (and then publishing)...things. And if you haven't done that in 90 days, you're getting kicked off, unlike the original policy of wink-wink-Gamecube-emulator-wink. Which is unfortunate for people who did want to enjoy the hardware for those purposes, but not surprising (this is something people warned about since developer mode was first put into effect).

    Dev mode, aside from what it was actually supposed to do, seems to have had two major consequences: the Xbox One was never effectively hacked (unlike Playstation 4 and Switch, or the Xbox 360, the Playstation 3, the Wii U or the original Xbox), because there wasn't sufficient impetuous. It does seem like most people hack consoles to run copies of games or software that was never released on the platform. And the Xbox One (and Xbox Series by extension) became a very convenient option for Playstation 2 and Gamecube emulation, etc., which pretty much everyone knew was going to be a problem eventually (I remember when Microsoft pulled a Windows 8-compatible SNES emulator off the Xbox Store). For people enjoying that use case, this kind of sucks, but considering the last console generation is being positioned to be retired, one can speculate what Microsoft's plans for a low-access developer option might be when they've already retired-and-replaced software functionality with the Xbox Series release (and what they thought of unauthorized emulation on their hardware). Will this lead to the Xbox One finally being hacked?

    Still, sucks for people who paid $25 for the privilege.

    This may be true for people who use the hacks but I don't think it holds for people who develop them. "Only unhacked console" is a juicy target for the group of people who treat it as puzzle/test. Dev mode probably cut down the volume of people poking at it but saying it's the reason it never got hacked is way too simple of an answer.

    Zilla360
  • Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    edited January 5
    Ubisoft's subscription service Ubisoft+ is coming to Xbox and Rainbow Six Extraction will launch onto Game Pass for console and PC.


    We’re bringing Ubisoft+ to Xbox!! Expect more news in the future E

    Until then, play Rainbow Six Extraction on Xbox Game Pass & PC Game Pass on launch day!

    https://news.ubisoft.com/en-us/article/6swN56EyVYT97D6r1sFwZE

    Wraith260 on
    urahonkyemnmnmeZilla360
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited January 5
    Nice

    Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • urahonkyurahonky Dayton, OHRegistered User regular
    Just played the Gunk... I put in a few hours but I think I'm done with it. It's not entirely interesting to me.

  • TexiKenTexiKen I thought I knew what I was talking about, but I don'tRegistered User regular
    As long as Ubi+ doesn't increase the game pass price, good. I don't want this to be like Cable was where you keep getting a price increase largely because of ESPN, who sucks ass 95% of the time. I can't think of a single current Ubi game I've played or want to play.

    Zilla360
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited January 5
    Just that one game is coming to game pass, the Ubisoft+ service is coming to Xbox as its own subscription that’s not included in game pass at all, so it shouldn’t have an impact. I wouldn’t be surprised if some cut-down version of it gets added in the future, though.

    Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
    Local H JayWraith260Zilla360
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I don't think it's coming to Game Pass like EA whatever. They're saying the program is coming to Xbox, in the meantime here's Rainbow Six on Game Pass (kinda implies it leaves when Ubi+ hits)

    Fuck Ubisoft btw

    Xbox - Local H Jay
    PS - Local_H_Jay
    Sub me on Youtube
    And Twitch
    CarpyshoeboxjeddyWraith260Crippl3eMoanderArteenLBD_NytetraynZilla360
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Carpy wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote: »

    The Xbox One legacy dev mode (that was inherited into the Xbox Series hardware) has gotten a widespread banwave. In bureaucratese, Microsoft claims to be enforcing the original terms of service--that dev mode isn't there for you to use an awesome homebrew ecosystem including RetroArch, etc., it's there for you to be...developing (and then publishing)...things. And if you haven't done that in 90 days, you're getting kicked off, unlike the original policy of wink-wink-Gamecube-emulator-wink. Which is unfortunate for people who did want to enjoy the hardware for those purposes, but not surprising (this is something people warned about since developer mode was first put into effect).

    Dev mode, aside from what it was actually supposed to do, seems to have had two major consequences: the Xbox One was never effectively hacked (unlike Playstation 4 and Switch, or the Xbox 360, the Playstation 3, the Wii U or the original Xbox), because there wasn't sufficient impetuous. It does seem like most people hack consoles to run copies of games or software that was never released on the platform. And the Xbox One (and Xbox Series by extension) became a very convenient option for Playstation 2 and Gamecube emulation, etc., which pretty much everyone knew was going to be a problem eventually (I remember when Microsoft pulled a Windows 8-compatible SNES emulator off the Xbox Store). For people enjoying that use case, this kind of sucks, but considering the last console generation is being positioned to be retired, one can speculate what Microsoft's plans for a low-access developer option might be when they've already retired-and-replaced software functionality with the Xbox Series release (and what they thought of unauthorized emulation on their hardware). Will this lead to the Xbox One finally being hacked?

    Still, sucks for people who paid $25 for the privilege.

    This may be true for people who use the hacks but I don't think it holds for people who develop them. "Only unhacked console" is a juicy target for the group of people who treat it as puzzle/test. Dev mode probably cut down the volume of people poking at it but saying it's the reason it never got hacked is way too simple of an answer.

    MVG suggests it was the single most important reason (and looks at the drop of PS3's Linux support and subsequent hacking as evidence). But it's speculative, yes.

  • JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited January 6
    Fuck yes! I remember when an extraordinarily expensive Saturn import was the only way to get Radiant Silvergun. Weirdly enough I never did pick it up on Xbox.

    But I damn well have done now!

    I mean... it's just a GWG, but apparently I'd forgotten to check the first-half-of-January GWGs. So a delightful surprise and thanks for pointing it out! I would've been kicking myself if I'd missed that one.

    - - -

    And then Ikaruga, the game that gave us "our frothing demand for this game increases". I played a friend's Dreamcast import originally, bought it on Gamecube when it came out, and have since also got it on Xbox and Steam. It's still pretty unique, it made me have to un-learn what twenty-ish years of shmups even then had taught me.

    Great pair of games.

    Jazz on
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited January 6
    Microsoft has announced that Xbox Dev Mode accounts were deactivated "accidentally." Mistake or hasty backpedal in the face of genuinely surprising public backlash? We may never know.

    Synthesis on
    LBD_NytetraynJazzTexiKenZilla360Nitsua
  • urahonkyurahonky Dayton, OHRegistered User regular
    I must have severely misunderstood what type of game the Outer Wilds was. I thought it was a resource gathering game with a time loop mechanic. It seems it's just flying around and reading logs with a time loop mechanic?

  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    I must have severely misunderstood what type of game the Outer Wilds was. I thought it was a resource gathering game with a time loop mechanic. It seems it's just flying around and reading logs with a time loop mechanic?

    It's a exploration game where your unraveling a mystery to lead yourself to an ultimate goal.

    But yeah, definitely not a resource collecting game.

    Crippl3Zilla360
  • urahonkyurahonky Dayton, OHRegistered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    I must have severely misunderstood what type of game the Outer Wilds was. I thought it was a resource gathering game with a time loop mechanic. It seems it's just flying around and reading logs with a time loop mechanic?

    It's a exploration game where your unraveling a mystery to lead yourself to an ultimate goal.

    But yeah, definitely not a resource collecting game.

    Yeah that's not my jam. Ah well.

  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    I must have severely misunderstood what type of game the Outer Wilds was. I thought it was a resource gathering game with a time loop mechanic. It seems it's just flying around and reading logs with a time loop mechanic?

    Yeah, there's zero crafting and/or resource gathering. You can't even hold more than one object at a time (and most that time, that amounts to "Hold this scroll to bring it to the scroll reading machine,").

    It's effectively just a timed puzzle game (with a bunch of concurrent puzzles going on). Without spoiling much, it's possible to do a "short run" from scratch simply by knowing where everything is and what you need to bring there, in one cycle; it's an achievement.

    Zilla360
  • urahonkyurahonky Dayton, OHRegistered User regular
    Yeah I'm not quite sure how or why I thought it had some resource gathering. Glad it was on Game Pass. I had it on my Steam wishlist forever because of the positive buzz around it.

  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    That moment when, after cloning a couple of hard drives including the C drive and needing to swap bits around inside the case, the PC boots and there is only 8GB instead of 16GB RAM.

    All better now!

  • HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    edited January 7
    urahonky wrote: »
    Yeah I'm not quite sure how or why I thought it had some resource gathering. Glad it was on Game Pass. I had it on my Steam wishlist forever because of the positive buzz around it.

    You're thinking of Astroneer, which was on an episode of Let's Game It Out.

    Heffling on
    urahonkyZilla360
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    You are gathering a resource in Outer Wilds.
    That resource, is knowledge. Both in your ship's database, which holds basically every important lead and piece of data, and your own knowledge, of how to navigate, efficient routes to explore, etc.

    Zilla360
  • rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    As part of a regularly scheduled maintenance to clean up inactive accounts, a number of Partner Center accounts used to enable Developer Mode on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S consoles were inadvertently deactivated.

    Isn't Partner Center their business shit.

    Basically if you're not representing a company, even a tiny/indie one, then your deletion probably wasn't accidental.

    Although maybe those were the only ones deleted?

  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    I was sorely tempted to buy Alan Wake Remastered on the holiday sale, however I have a laughably large backlog and am trying to only buy games I desperately want to play. Therefore, I've instead picked up Quantum Break from Gamepass. Immediately, I can see why this wasn't a huge hit. Because it's so weird! A game with an EXTREMELY high concept... and gunplay that feels like some exec kept screaming at them to make it MORE BASIC! MORE! Why do the guns have names, they don't need names! Assault rifle is a good enough name! Also, aiming on a controller feels worse than Control, which was not exactly best in class. Massive bloom on every assault rifle gun (which in this game, means every PRIMARY) feels really bad too. Meanwhile, you have a bunch of powers that all feel pretty decent to use. Honestly, my impression is... this should have been a character action game. It feels like it was a third person shooter because no one spoke up, the shooting of guns is easily the worst part of it. If you had like... time blasts that fired off like Mass Effect and weapons with more idiosyncratic uses, I would actually look forward to the combat instead of basically just trying to make something fun out of it (I try to use every power in every engagement, just to make it more interesting). I'm about halfway through, I'll see if any of my thoughts on this part change as they keep trying to make combat tougher.

    As far as the plot, yeah issues here too. Unlike the Max Paynes, Alan Wake, and Control, your main character is kind of a buffoon with no appreciation for what's happening and has no PLACE in the story. He was friends with the villain (but not in a way the game tries to convince you of in the SLIGHTEST, he's harsh and confrontational with you in the inciting incident, kinda sucks) and brother with the person who should obviously have been the lead. He's like... Chris Pratt's character from Jurassic World, sans the personal connection to the raptors, which at least means he has a right to engage with the themes and all.

    After all that pretty harsh appraisal, I will say, the chapters where you swap to the villain's perspective and the TV show you watch in between chapters are both interesting ideas for sure. I feel pretty confident the TV show was a mistake, but I've always appreciated Remedy's desperate love for cheesy genre TV that they shove into all the collectibles and lore. I'd just say... that's where it belongs, where those who think it's dumb can walk by and ignore it (heathens) and where it doesn't balloon the game's budget and resource drain for very little gain. I really like a bunch of the actors featured... save the IT villain. He sucks in all formats and I have no idea what they were thinking. Miss me with his smarmy, unfunny, douche canoe scenes.

    LBD_NytetraynZilla360
  • eMoandereMoander Registered User regular
    Bad news: NG+ Sekiro has destroyed my Elite2 controllers left bumper

    Good news: Apparently Elite2s are $40 off with Microsoft’s ongoing sale! Everybody wins!

    Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Genshin Impact: 605683619
    Wraith260Zilla360
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    I uh

    don’t think your $190 controller breaking, leading you to spend another $150, is a win for you

    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
    Zilla360BlackDragon480shoeboxjeddybloodatonementrahkeesh2000JazzouchiesZonugalHeffling
  • Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    I grabbed Assassin's Creeds Odyssey (Gold Edition with the season pass) and Valhalla (Deluxe Edition with the smaller stuff but it was literally 40 pence more than the base game).

    Those might keep me going for a long time.
    A long time you say. A LONG TIME.

    Call me in roughly ten years when you finally finish it all. :lol:

    I don't even think it's humanly possible for anyone to completely finish/100% Valhalla + all of the content they've added. It's practically like a single-player MMO at this point.
    They even added YET MORE story cutscenes and dialogue recently for the discovery mode. It is a kind of madness! Too much content! Content that never ends!

    I never even managed to get Excalibur, despite finding the (very well hidden) cave it was in, and even after 150+ hours invested, because the amount of stuff involved to unlock it is insane. :lol:

    NH844lc.png | PSN | GACSALB.jpg My Blog |🏳️‍⚧️♥️
    Jazz
  • RaynagaRaynaga Registered User regular
    I uh

    don’t think your $190 controller breaking, leading you to spend another $150, is a win for you

    Yeah, I loved my Elite.

    Then it got stick drift.

    Then I loved my Elite2.

    Then it got stick drift.

    As fantastic as it is to use, the fail rate is just way too high considering the cost. Couldn't rationalize getting a third one.

    rahkeesh2000
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    An extended store warranty is mandatory with Elite controllers. You’re 100% guaranteed to use it.

    smCQ5WE.jpg
    Zilla360Forever Zefirorahkeesh2000JazzLegacy
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    What Elki said. I pay Best Buy like $50-$60 every 2 years for a new Elite.

    I hate the quality, but can’t live without the features.

    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • JazzJazz Registered User regular
    That's practically subscribing to a controller.

    Which I bet these companies would do officially if they thought they could get away with it...

    Wraith260Zilla360Nitsua
Sign In or Register to comment.