As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[VTuber] thread: Streaming on the internet, you really can be a dog.

• TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    Laplus: The North remembers, Kiara:
    https://youtu.be/iFU72vqIqCU

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    love that her response to Kiara calling her chuunibyou is to go maximum chuunibyou

TryCatcherTNTrooper
    And here's Towa leaning some more on dorky reaper:
    https://youtu.be/7Xb9TSv7GQ4

• shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    https://youtu.be/TdembwniseM
    She fought this guy for 7 hours yesterday and lost for that entire time. Today? She is no longer playing around. What a Chad. (Check the video length)

Edit:
    She freaked it so hard, the game crashed.

shoeboxjeddy on
    The little girl picks all the curse words from dad:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reBElwBXJm8

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    A documentary on the creation of Ame's Nuko statue

https://youtu.be/nLMBRjvu1EA

miscellaneousinsanityIanator
  • TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/VC_q8ELwqOU

More Mario Kart rage this time in ID.

steam_sig.png
    edited January 2022
    Speaking of Mario Kart, for those who've tried to join on a streamer, is the most likely chance for success to join and then wait and it might add you to their race as people quit? Or is that hopeless and the best chance is to attempt a timed join as their race is going to start? I've only recently acquired a Switch and have no idea how Kart 8's tournament matchmaking works.

shoeboxjeddy on
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    edited January 2022
    A documentary on the creation of Ame's Nuko statue

god i still love how enraptured polka is by nuko

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jhz85wDexZg

also this is a helluva collab

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RS5OiyRoDp4

miscellaneousinsanity on
    uc3ufTB.png
    Centipede DamascusMercutio87
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Who will be the first to discover the skin suits

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    Speaking of Mario Kart, for those who've tried to join on a streamer, is the most likely chance for success to join and then wait and it might add you to their race as people quit? Or is that hopeless and the best chance is to attempt a timed join as their race is going to start? I've only recently acquired a Switch and have no idea how Kart 8's tournament matchmaking works.

from someone talking about gura's stream
    just join tourney when the results screen fades to black
    then pick a god, then start praying

uc3ufTB.png
    shoeboxjeddy
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdGqzXJkje0

qualifying 1 ended but qualifying 2 is starting soon

• MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    I've been getting into Riichi Mahjong over the past half year or so, so that tournament is somewhat of interest to me. Notably, the tournament structure is extremely brutal. It's not just that only one player moves on to the next round from each table of four, which is already pretty exceptional. It's the added fact that the preliminary matches are played over East Round games, where each player only gets to be dealer once. That makes any mistake crippling and forces a lot more offensive pushing of big hands. It can make play pretty chaotic and tense. The format makes sense considering how many matches need to be played out, but it's one that guarantees even more random chance in a game that already has a fairly large luck component.

(For reference, a standard-length game of Riichi Mahjong is usually played over South Round games, where each player will be dealer twice. That is the format for the semi-finals, though there as well, only one person per table advances to the two-game finals. The fact that only one person will advance should also generate some higher offensive pushing than a regularly-played game.)

EDIT: After watching for a bit and reviewing some of what I missed, it seems like most of the participants have somewhat lower-level ranks (Novice and Adept on Mahjong Soul, which is the client in use for the tournament). This has appeared to lead to some, let's say, questionable decision-making, but it's been entertaining from that standpoint. Assuming you know enough about Riichi Mahjong to follow along.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    Somehow these are still funny:
    https://youtu.be/UBz71AMTWrU

Sorce
    Super Nenechi is now on Twitch live:

Ianator
  • Mercutio87Mercutio87 So build that wall and build it strong cause We'll be there before too longRegistered User regular
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Ame sweatin' real hard right now.

sig.gif
  • WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    love that her response to Kiara calling her chuunibyou is to go maximum chuunibyou

It kind of annoys me that I don't know what 'chuunibyou' means - and the video did not give me enough context to figure it out on my own. But I also don't kind of don't want to know what it means, because, frankly, I'm enough of a weeb already, thank you.

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Wikipedia says (because I also was curious as to what it means):
    Chūnibyō (中二病) is a Japanese colloquial term typically used to describe early teens who have grandiose delusions, who desperately want to stand out, and who have convinced themselves that they have hidden knowledge or secret powers. It translates to "second year syndrome" (i.e., middle-school second-year), and has been called "eighth-grader syndrome" in English-speaking countries.

sig.gif
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    edited January 2022

It kind of annoys me that I don't know what 'chuunibyou' means - and the video did not give me enough context to figure it out on my own. But I also don't kind of don't want to know what it means, because, frankly, I'm enough of a weeb already, thank you.

Basically in anime if you see a highschooler or older doing things like covering up one eye claiming to seal/unseal its immense power that's a chuuni. It doesn't matter if they actually have power, it's the attitude that marks them.

See: Megumin from Konosuba and Grimnir from Granblue Fantasy

Madican on
    Also see the entirety of the Council when they first debuted with their whole lore story thing about being avatars of existence. That is also super chuuni

• DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

Basically in anime if you see a highschooler or older doing things like covering up one eye claiming to seal/unseal its immense power that's a chuuni. It doesn't matter if they actually have power, it's the attitude that marks them.

See: Megumin from Konosuba and Grimnir from Granblue Fantasy

or in probably it's most explicit examination, the KyoAni classic Love, Chunibyou and other Delusions; the main character Rikka Takanashi is probably ur-version of the trope right down to the "wagahai" like Laplus.

"Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2022
    more generally, you can use it to describe any bratty, moody teen who only shops at hot topic and maybe wears fake vampire teeth

it's not quite goth/emo but it's in the ballpark

Houk the Namebringer on
    WeedLordVegeta
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    i admire La+'s total commitment to the bit

staying in character usually lasts like, two weeks

JayKaosTryCatcher
    Crippl3DarklyreHades
    more generally, you can use it to describe any bratty, moody teen who only shops at hot topic and maybe wears fake vampire teeth

it's not quite goth/emo but it's in the ballpark

i might reductively describe it as 'what if a goth/emo kid didn't think they were part of a subculture and were totally unique in a way nobody else has ever been'

shoeboxjeddy
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLU4AU36FYA

Myth New Years kimonos in 20 minutes. Kiara is up first and follow the schedule in the stream description. They are playing Worms and making announcements in Kiara's channel afterwards.

steam_sig.png
    Sorce
  • PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    There is a very nice chuuni girl in Komi Can't Communicate in that it not only shows her embarrassing behavior, but where it comes from. And the show/manga actually has empathy for her and she isn't just there to be mocked.

In Hololive, La+ is probably the most chuuni, but a bunch of them will visit that zone for jokes (notably Polka loves doing bits in this area).

• AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Ina lookin' good

gfmx76k8es1w.png

shoeboxjeddyIanatorMercutio87DiarmuidWerewolf2000adSorceCormacOlivaw
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    Ina lookin' good

gfmx76k8es1w.png

She's literally Hokusai from FGO in that outfit

Dr. FlamingoSkeith
  • HellboreHellbore A bad, bad man Registered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    Ina lookin' good

gfmx76k8es1w.png

She's literally Hokusai from FGO in that outfit

Kuroboshi has definitely decided where Ina sits on his Kino's Journey to Fate: Grand Order design continuum.

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Gura's not fucking around with chat. We're about to get a lesson!

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    edited January 2022
    Kiara: Seiso
    Ina: Seiso
    Gura: Asks if you wanna know where babies come from and spends the stream talking about egg sacs.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
    Remember Gura had a stream where she put a figure in a jar. She is the furthest thing from seiso

• augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
  • azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Remember Gura had a stream where she put a figure in a jar. She is the furthest thing from seiso

being aware of all the yabai and playing off it isnt quite the same thing as being super non-seiso. Being too seiso is kinda boring.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum