Options

He's transforming into a goth!

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Usagi wrote: »
    I've been reliably informed by close personal sources that I "snore like a drunk, angry sailor" so uh gonna get tested for sleep apnea along with my insomnia bullshit

C'mon body, why are you trying to kill me while I'm doing a basic required function

@Usagi

Oh hey, I got tested for sleep apnea and what do you know, I've got it!

I guess it's not uncommon? Fucking wild to think that there are people out there who go through life going to sleep and waking up feeling perfectly rested in the morning. Lucky sods, the lot of them.

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    They gave me some lidocaine, a batch of antibiotics, and said "Good luck!"

The ER bill is going to be insane, I'm sure.

When your receive that bill immediately check out the website and find whatever section talks about billing and forgiveness. You can almost always negotiate down to pay a fraction of what they try and charge

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    See Hacksaw, this is why you shouldn't eat ass

I will never stop.

Okay, well, just be careful. Make sure to go slow, don't wolf it down

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular

I will never stop.

Okay, well, just be careful. Make sure to go slow, don't wolf it down

And if it's a little more piquant or tangy than normal, take a break and make sure it's still fresh before finishing.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    After spending like six months with just an ENORMOUS amount of superfluous snot, the superfluous snot problem went away and I've been feeling totally normal again

I have no explanation for where it came from or why it never left; I was otherwise 100% fine; it remained constant no matter where I traveled, through several climate zones and seasons

???? thanks face!

(get better soon hacksaw pls)

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular

This is why you should eat more ass.

Like a starving hyena.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Usagi wrote: »
    I've been reliably informed by close personal sources that I "snore like a drunk, angry sailor" so uh gonna get tested for sleep apnea along with my insomnia bullshit

C'mon body, why are you trying to kill me while I'm doing a basic required function

Usagi

Oh hey, I got tested for sleep apnea and what do you know, I've got it!

I guess it's not uncommon? Fucking wild to think that there are people out there who go through life going to sleep and waking up feeling perfectly rested in the morning. Lucky sods, the lot of them.

I think it's way more common than folks think, which is weird

Not sleeping fucks you up as bad/worse than booze, so I'm not sure why it isn't like the first thing dr's check

• Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    No one asked the important question: have you put your face near any ripping guitar riffs? Facemelting guitar isn't just a myth, it's the leading killer of bearded metal enthusiasts. BE SAFE OUT THERE.

Also staph is nasty. Sorry to hear.

• Options
    Dee KaeDee Kae Registered User regular
    Some friends of mine are heading to Anime L.A. and I'm watching the news going "hmmmmmmm, seems like a bad time."

• Options
    Big convention with lots of other people during a time of active pestilence? Seems like a bad idea!

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Luckily anime conventions are famed for the rigorous hygienic habits of attendees

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    But how many people are going to cosplay as a sexy white blood cell from that blood cell anime?

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    But how many people are going to cosplay as a sexy white blood cell from that blood cell anime?

Hopefully just me.

• Options
    useruser Registered User regular
    Update: it's a staph infection. On my mouth. When I tell you this is the worst pain I've ever been in, believe it.

Can't say I anticipated starting off 2022 with a face-melting infection trying its best to kill me, but by gum here we are.

I feel you, I've never felt worse pain in my life than when I had an infection deep in my tooth. Get well soon friend!

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    I think COVID has been the push I needed to do a 180 from extrovert to introvert.

Lunar New Year’s coming up and Taipei is going to be a plague zone, I just know it.

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    I think COVID has been the push I needed to do a 180 from extrovert to introvert.

Lunar New Year’s coming up and Taipei is going to be a plague zone, I just know it.

I have entered a sort of extrovert hibernation, storing up the little events where I was able to leave the house, biding my time until the next party

Biding my time

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    Speaking of sleep stuff I think I just got a combination night terror with sleep paralysis and that's new and exciting (read horrifying) for me

I seriously felt like I was being crushed into my bed and like I was trying to scream against my CPAP pressure

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular

I think my wife and I have covid. We took tests today and should know if we do or not in a day or two.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Jesus H Christmas I still feel heavier than normal and my throat is rawer feeling than after my throat scope

At least my spo2 is getting better according to my pulse ox

I need a freaking hug that sucked

• Options
    edited January 2022
    The most """"""entertaining""""'" part of all of this has been my girlfriend's work supervisor having a true mask-off moment when she said that my in-home care should be deprioritized because, and I quote: "He's your boyfriend, not your husband. You have more important priorities."

My girlfriend works from home and there is exactly nothing for her to do at the company at the turnaround of the year (not even the first two weeks, honestly), but her supervisor is terrified that someone will eventually find out she's an incompetent waste of 250k per year and rightfully fire her for it.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    How are y'all spending your first week of 2022? They're taking my blood and using it to figure out what's wrong with me. This shit's like Bloodborne. I bet I've got paleblood. Dope dope dope.

The attending nurse can't pronounce my last name correctly, but he laughs at my jokes, so I gotta be doing something right.

The Gustafson side of me feels your pain.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Tonkka wrote: »
    How are y'all spending your first week of 2022? They're taking my blood and using it to figure out what's wrong with me. This shit's like Bloodborne. I bet I've got paleblood. Dope dope dope.

The attending nurse can't pronounce my last name correctly, but he laughs at my jokes, so I gotta be doing something right.

The Gustafson side of me feels your pain.

I'm willing to be forgiving on the subject of pronouncing Scandinavian names; they can be, at best, confusing to sound out. But I don't understand people who don't just break them into component sections and sound them out individually before stringing them together for one final push.

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    My last name is stupid easy (it's pronounced JUST LIKE IT LOOKS) and somehow it gets flubbed like 90% of the time

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Cello wrote: »

I have entered a sort of extrovert hibernation, storing up the little events where I was able to leave the house, biding my time until the next party

Biding my time

I think I’m just straight up done with people.

I live with a person that is my mutually beneficial social symbolize and we are pretty good in our biome of two.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Speaking of sleep stuff I think I just got a combination night terror with sleep paralysis and that's new and exciting (read horrifying) for me

I seriously felt like I was being crushed into my bed and like I was trying to scream against my CPAP pressure

Smof's top sleep paralysis tip - roll your eyes around like a crazy person, it makes the rest of your body wake up more quickly.

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2022
    Cello wrote: »

Biding my time

I think I’m just straight up done with people.

I live with a person that is my mutually beneficial social symbolize and we are pretty good in our biome of two.

I have no choice but to embrace my relatively puny extroverted half until I can find someone willing to indulge my much more powerful introvert side. It has not gone well so far and I'm sick of having to deal with it!

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    My last name is stupid easy (it's pronounced JUST LIKE IT LOOKS) and somehow it gets flubbed like 90% of the time

Now look here, Mr. "Sally-Ent"--
    If I have your salutation wrong I am sorry, I am going off rough memory and didn't see something specifying it

• Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    Well, in preventable stupidity, I'm considering going to see Nine Inch Nails, as the only band I have continuously wanted to and never seen live.

Currently, their only American tour date is a festival. At the end of April. In Georgia.

...YOLO?

(Amyl and the Sniffers and I guess CHRVCHES are also playing that day, so it is tempting, given I have no idea how much longer Trent will do live shows.)

Ah, wait, they've added a festival date in late September in LA. Harrumph, the Atlanta festival at least explicitly says vax or negative test and masking might be required, the LA one just cites following local and state requirements (which have similar language, after a quick search.)

Still seems stupidly risky, but we'll see how things play out. I mean, I'm returning to Texas, Georgia might actually be safer...

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    it's okay to eat ass, just don't swallow

See this is the big difference right here. Much like cigars you don't want to inhale directly into the lungs, you want to let it swirl around in the mouth a bit so you can really appreciate the flavor profile.

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    pooka wrote: »
    Well, in preventable stupidity, I'm considering going to see Nine Inch Nails, as the only band I have continuously wanted to and never seen live.

Currently, their only American tour date is a festival. At the end of April. In Georgia.

...YOLO?

(Amyl and the Sniffers and I guess CHRVCHES are also playing that day, so it is tempting, given I have no idea how much longer Trent will do live shows.)

Ah, wait, they've added a festival date in late September in LA. Harrumph, the Atlanta festival at least explicitly says vax or negative test and masking might be required, the LA one just cites following local and state requirements (which have similar language, after a quick search.)

Still seems stupidly risky, but we'll see how things play out. I mean, I'm returning to Texas, Georgia might actually be safer...

Yoooo if you hit up Atlanta let me know we will do a PA Hotlanta hangout

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular

For whatever reason I had this problem a ton in elementary and middle school but as I got older it basically stopped happening. I don't really know why.

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular

A name that's pronounced justlikeitlooks can't be all that common though?

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    No, you gotta yell it that’s where everyone fucks up.

• Options
    The most """"""entertaining""""'" part of all of this has been my girlfriend's work supervisor having a true mask-off moment when she said that my in-home care should be deprioritized because, and I quote: "He's your boyfriend, not your husband. You have more important priorities."

My girlfriend works from home and there is exactly nothing for her to do at the company at the turnaround of the year (not even the first two weeks, honestly), but her supervisor is terrified that someone will eventually find out she's an incompetent waste of 250k per year and rightfully fire her for it.

Now look

I recognize that it would be wildly irresponsible to make a life-altering decision based primarily out of spite

BUT

It would be pretty satisfying for your partner to tell her boss, "You're right. You made me see that Hacksaw SHOULD be a higher priority, so we went ahead and eloped. See you in two weeks."

• Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    Spite. The cause of and solution to all life's problems.

• Options
    After my sleep paralysis problem last night I'm extremely tired and sore today and it sucks

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    i have been up for 25 hours and i still have another 12-14 hours of work to do because i told my client i'd be done yesterday but Lots of Shit happened and now they're waiting solely on me

this sucks

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    On Sunday it started feeling like I got stabbed in the ribs in one small spot on the right side of my chest. Serious pain every time I bend, twist, cough/sneeze/deep breath or do anything that causes the muscles there to tense.

No clue why. I don’t think I bent or twisted weird. The pain has partially subsided at this point. No other symptoms of anything either (fever, nausea, cough, etc.)

I already have an appointment on Friday for my annual physical so I will definitely be asking about it.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Luckily anime conventions are famed for the rigorous hygienic habits of attendees

Right, they definitely aren't super-spreader events that have people attending from all over the country and across the world, and it's not like an anime convention held less than 60 days ago had literally the first confirmed cases of omicron in the US or anything.

• Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Right, they definitely aren't super-spreader events that have people attending from all over the country and across the world, and it's not like an anime convention held less than 60 days ago had literally the first confirmed cases of omicron in the US or anything.

I must confess that I was participating in the lewd and disreputable act of sarcasm