Options

He's transforming into a goth!

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    I can't remember the last time I was like, really sick.

I'm sort of a baseline sick all the time, so I never really notice illnesses except like "well slightly warmer today than usual."

sometimes though, I get a mean one that breaks through and just wrecks me.

I kinda like when it does happen though, my body wants to sleep as much as my brain does, I get to act all pathetic "bloo bloo I'm sick abloo bloo"

My daughter brought home a GI bug and I was off so I stayed up all night holding her while she puked every few hours.

Sixteen hours later I got sicker than I have ever been as an adult. I would vomit, feel great for about 45 minutes and try to drink fluid and then vomit again. This continued for like 36 hours. It was almost supernatural in how many times I threw up. I couldn't walk I was so dizzy.

Though I weighed myself when I was past it and lost 9lbs so that was wild.

Couple years ago I had a GI bug that had me basically constantly vomiting all night. By about 5 AM I had resolved to call in sick to work, but it took me almost 5 hours to work up the willpower to go get my phone off the counter in the next room. I had so much vertigo it felt like I was sliding off my bed.
    By the time I did call I just asked my boss to send one of my coworkers to take me to immediate care clinic. Who once they saw me gave me a anti vertigo med said I should go to the ER. So we did. Ended up being admitted for observation for 24 hours and got like 3 or 4 units of fluids. All of the doctors who looked at me were amazed I managed to get that dehydrated in just one night of vomiting with no diarrhea.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    Last time I got that sick with a stomach bug they gave me a full 6 bags of saline because I couldn't keep water down for a full day before hand

This was in like 2013 though

Hopefully I never get that sick again

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    The last gastrointestinal virus I got was in 2017 and I shit water every hour or so for a solid 10 days. Towards the end I even went to urgent care just to make sure it wasn't bacterial.

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    My immune system is fairly beefy with the exception of head colds which I get 1 or 2 of every year at almost the exact same time.

That said, if something does slip through my body thinks it's the Big One even if its a little bug and I proceed to immediately die dead.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    dying dead is the worst kind there is

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Its de Germans Hacksaw, meine dispatcher said there’s something wrong with deine cable?

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Its de Germans Hacksaw, meine dispatcher said there’s something wrong with deine cable?

Are you Karl Hungus? You have to tell me if you're Karl Hungus.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    I can’t answer cause there’s no way you’d keep them down on the farm if it turned out I was

• Options
    JBCJBC Registered User regular
    Whenever my Dad got sick and someone asked him about it, he’d say: “would have killed a normal man”. Feel free to use it!

Get well soon.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    I'm especially going to use it after single sick days that I took just because I didn't want to come to work and everyone knows it.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    svhadw4aq8pf.jpg

Those aren't knives, they're claws

• Options
    Haha! You do what you gotta do, as long as it’s funny.

• Options
    ChallChall Registered User regular
    My immune system is so tough it got bored and decided to try and kill me instead, the bastard.

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    Might have gotten Covid from a maskless grocery store fucker around the holidays. Woke up yesterday to a bit of a sore throat, and that was enough for work to say Fuck Off Til A Negative Test; the supervisor shipped me a rapid test for overnight delivery that should arrive soon, and while I also have a bit of a stuffy nose and a minor headache I'm hoping it's just a winter bug going around.

And all on my 34th birthday, too.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    3cl1ps3 wrote: »
    The last gastrointestinal virus I got was in 2017 and I shit water every hour or so for a solid 10 days. Towards the end I even went to urgent care just to make sure it wasn't bacterial.

once i got something gut immediately after recovering from the flu (or like i got a weird freak mutation of the flu because i'm a lucky lucky guy but presumably it was something else) and that was maybe the worst two week stretch of my life, physically

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular

once i got something gut immediately after recovering from the flu (or like i got a weird freak mutation of the flu because i'm a lucky lucky guy but presumably it was something else) and that was maybe the worst two week stretch of my life, physically

Jesus christ, I recently had a two-day GI something or other that just ruined me.

How the fuck did either of you do that for so long? I could basically feed myself, lie down, and doze for an hour until interrupted by The Horror. Did it at least stop overnight? I slept in like 1-2 hour increments.

Imodium did kick it out pretty well though so that was lucky.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    for me the answer is my mum did a lot of work to keep my head on straight because i was at home

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Mx. Quill wrote: »
    Might have gotten Covid from a maskless grocery store fucker around the holidays. Woke up yesterday to a bit of a sore throat, and that was enough for work to say Fuck Off Til A Negative Test; the supervisor shipped me a rapid test for overnight delivery that should arrive soon, and while I also have a bit of a stuffy nose and a minor headache I'm hoping it's just a winter bug going around.

Heeey, tested negative! I have another kit that I will use Sunday to be sure.

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    when I was 6 I got bacterial meningitis and almost died a couple times

my parents thought I was just regular sick for a few days and then I woke up in the middle of the night with a crazy fever and hallucinating and they were like "maybe ER"
    and the doctor was like "your kid almost died."

I was in the hospital for a grip after that, but once they moved me to the children's hospital, that was cool because they had a Sega in my room and I got to play the Aladdin game.

at the regular hospital they had to do a spinal tap to... prove I had meningitis, I think?
    they made the mistake of telling a delirious 6 year old what a spinal tap was, so I punched one of the doctors in the dick and ran for it, pulling my IV out, and then my dad had to chase me down the hallway

I am pretty certain that my brain boiling when I was a wee one is the reason I have memory problems.

holy shit maybe it's all my brain problems.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Punching the doctor in the dick and running for it is a reasonable reaction from a 6 year old who has been informed that they are about to get a needle in the spine.

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    I also had to keep an IV in after I left the hospital, and they'd have a guy come by to change it

and it kinda hurt, not really bad, but bad enough that sick me would start crying, and the cat I had growing up was having none of it, she'd sit on my lap and growl at the poor junior doctor or nurse or whatever he was.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I also had to keep an IV in after I left the hospital, and they'd have a guy come by to change it

and it kinda hurt, not really bad, but bad enough that sick me would start crying, and the cat I had growing up was having none of it, she'd sit on my lap and growl at the poor junior doctor or nurse or whatever he was.

I had one of those. I started the 3rd grade with an IV in my arm and a big bandage on my ear because I had gotten a total ear reconstruction.

I had to do antibiotics at night from these little glass jars with a tube that went down into the IV and we put them on a shelf above me so gravity would carry the meds into the IV.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited January 2022
    holy shit maybe it's all my brain problems.

There's a convincing case that Caligula didn't go full bat-shit till after a nasty illness (either meningitis or bacterial encephalitis) in 37 AD.

If you start feeling any unwholesome attraction to familial relations, order a legion to harvest seashells in celebration of your victory over Neptune, and/or decide to build a pontoon bridge near Baiae and host a 2 week party on it seek help.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular

Oh yeah, I tested negative this week as well! Hi5! Too bad I had to use sick time from work even though I wasn't actually sick, so now if I actually get sick I won't have as much.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Darmak wrote: »

Oh yeah, I tested negative this week as well! Hi5! Too bad I had to use sick time from work even though I wasn't actually sick, so now if I actually get sick I won't have as much.

Yeah, I too used two of my three sick days for 2022 on this, but in my case I'm leaving that job to move in 4 weeks' time anyway so fuck it.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

Jesus christ, I recently had a two-day GI something or other that just ruined me.

How the fuck did either of you do that for so long? I could basically feed myself, lie down, and doze for an hour until interrupted by The Horror. Did it at least stop overnight? I slept in like 1-2 hour increments.

Imodium did kick it out pretty well though so that was lucky.

I could go 2-3 hours at night before needing to empty the tank generally. I just drank a lot of pedialyte and gatorade and ate whatever I could stomach. Only way out is through!

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Update: my doctor thinks I cracked a rib somehow because the pain is so localized to one spot and there’s no other symptoms.

I dunno what I would’ve done to do that but I’m gettin old so whatever.

Anyway they did x rays and I should hear something soon.

• Options
    I also spent a week in the hospital in 2005 shitting and puking constantly after my appendix ruptured (106 fever baybeeee) with a tube intermittently down my throat, and then it took me another 3 weeks to convince my body to eat solid food without vomiting, so that's my baseline for unpleasant body shit and so far it's still the lowpoint.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    Update: my doctor thinks I cracked a rib somehow because the pain is so localized to one spot and there’s no other symptoms.

good luck dude. hope they figure out it quickly.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited January 2022
    two of my three sick days for 2022

This makes me so mad. Holy shit.

Obviously, rest up, feel better. That just is, Goddamn

Three?! God I hate everything

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2022
    two of my three sick days for 2022

This makes me so mad. Holy shit.

Obviously, rest up, feel better. That just is, Goddamn

Three?! God I hate everything

I get four! But not all at once, I get 4 hours of sick time a month but my shifts are twelve hours, so it takes me three months to accrue enough sick time to take one day off. :rotate:

edit: I only had 3 sick days because I had some left over from last year, luckily

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I think I inherited gout from my dad, so I'm going to a rheumatologist this month.

• Options
    rhylith wrote: »

Trying to suck it?

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    I just realized none of you have probably seen what Staph looks like when it gets hold of someone's lips, have you? When I tell you it's quite disgusting, believe me when I say it's not something you can really unsee. Click that spoiler with that knowledge in mind:
    j5020pi7p2p0.jpg

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    I wasn't ready

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    I look like some sort of third tier Dick Tracy villain right now.

"Eat shit, Detective Tracy! It will be me, Pizza-Lips, that will take control of this city in Big Boy's wake! That dumb fuck Baby Face and those do-nothing No Nose brothers ain't got shit on me!"

If my teeth were in worse shape I could pass for the Mouth of Sauron.

• Options
    Nah dude. Lotta folks pay good money to achieve truly “kissable” plump and full lips like that. Cosmetics and surgery and such. I’d say you won the lottery!

(Seriously though that sucks, wishing you well and soon).

• Options
    Aw jeez hacksaw

That looks horrible

get better soon. Is the pain is getting a any better?

• Options
    I'm worried I'm not cleaning my CPAP stuff often enough still. Like marine that's why my asthma has gotten so bad the past year.

Stupid humidifier tank is hard to scrub out with all those nooks. When it runs out of water because of a bad mask seal the whole system smells like a foot.

Plus I don't got a great place to air dry my hose without the cat deciding to chew on it.