As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Post your petty complaints here

1757678808183

Posts

  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Gas went up to $4.09 a gallon over night here.

    I keep telling myself it's for a good cause but, hooooo boy $4.09 a gallon.

    I'm pretty sure the increases have more to do with oil companies having an excuse than actual disruptions in supply.

    We should eat the oil executives.

    Alright but we're gonna need some pickles or something to handle all that grease.

  • JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    My stomach is a specially adapted containment chamber that is routinely subjected to horrific abuse.

    I'm not worried about grease.

  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited May 11
    edit: meep

    Houk the Namebringer on
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Gas went up to $4.09 a gallon over night here.

    I keep telling myself it's for a good cause but, hooooo boy $4.09 a gallon.

    I'm pretty sure the increases have more to do with oil companies having an excuse than actual disruptions in supply.

    100% this. My local representative keeps tweeting out righteous fury about how Biden is strangling domestic oil production, and all her constituents keep replying with public data showing that Oklahoma oil companies are holding hundreds of drilling permits while 3/4 of the state's drilling rigs are parked. You can see a big chunk of them in storage yards from I-35 driving from Norman to downtown OKC, it's not some huge secret.

    They're still selling the glut they built up from existing wells back when nobody was traveling and it was as cheap to produce as it was to shut down, they're doing nothing to increase production, and they're using the Russian invasion to gouge consumers and blaming Democrats, alternative energy, and any climate change mitigation efforts they can think of for their purely manufactured and hugely profitable "crisis." And mostly, the centrist media seems to be going along with it.

    I'm honestly surprised John Oliver hasn't done a whole show on it yet.

    I remember him saying in an interview some time ago there are some important topics they would love to talk about that HBO straight up forbids. Might be one of them?

  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I just don't know what people expect the president to do about gas prices. Companies know that people will blame him for their bullshit gouging and shock of shock they are.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
    Munkus Beaver
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    When the base of an entire political party has been fed lies about how anything functions it's no surprise. Any media that tries to point out how the high inflation is worldwide or how a president can't influence gas prices is screamed down as fake news.

    PreacherMunkus Beaver
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    When the base of an entire political party has been fed lies about how anything functions it's no surprise. Any media that tries to point out how the high inflation is worldwide or how a president can't influence gas prices is screamed down as fake news.

    I mean I hate higher prices while record profits are talked about in the same breath, but like ain't shit anyone can do about it they already aren't. The companies are literally making money on us blaming the wrong people.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
    ShadowfireMunkus Beaver
  • MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    Ladies and men with inch long razor sharp manicured nails, and a complete inability to stop scratching retail employees that take their money or give them items, such a horrible combination.

    I've been scratched by customers more than my cat ever has...and the latter at least apologizes afterwards (because she gets treats)

  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Last time I filled my van it was about £1.80/litre which Google tells me is equivalent to $9/gallon.

  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Muzzmuzz wrote: »
    Ladies and men with inch long razor sharp manicured nails, and a complete inability to stop scratching retail employees that take their money or give them items, such a horrible combination.

    I've been scratched by customers more than my cat ever has...and the latter at least apologizes afterwards (because she gets treats)

    And this is why I keep my nails short. I mean that and I scratch the bejesus out of myself when they get long, but this too for sure...

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Last time I filled my van it was about £1.80/litre which Google tells me is equivalent to $9/gallon.

    Yeah much like worldwide inflation gets ignored in the US, the fact our gas prices are still massively under almost every other country in the world also is ignored.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
    XaquinRhesus Positive3cl1ps3
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited May 11
    I remember being like “damn, gas is so much cheaper here than California” when j first arrived.

    Come to find out a gallon is way bigger than a liter, and, no, actually, it’s roughly the same.

    sarukun on
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Sitting in the doctor's office for my annual physical for work, which involves a stress test. It's difficult as is (walking on a treadmill that they speed up and incline fuckin suuuuuuuuuuuucks), and then afterwards I get to work a normal 12 hour shift! I sure hope my shift won't have me walking up any stairs because I'm going to be worthless

    zeHjgKv.png
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Good news. They replaced all the stairs in your workplace with ladders!

    ElvenshaeDarmaksarukun3cl1ps3
  • MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Hey, people talking about anesthesia in here?

    There's four kinds of anesthesia available.

    General anesthesia is completely unconscious and placing a breathing device to assist the patient ventilating throughout the procedure (usually an endotracheal tube or a laryngeal mask airway).

    Sedation (also called monitored anesthesia care or MAC, Twilight sedation or conscious sedation) is a loss of consciousness and short term memory without a breathing device. This is where people get confused. Because anesthetic drugs interfere with your short term memory you claim you were "put under" or "knocked out", but you assuredly never were. You just don't remember.

    Regional anesthesia is injection of local anesthetic compounds into nerves to numb the surgical area.

    Neuraxial anesthesia is injection of local anesthetic compounds into your spinal or epidural space to numb enter sections of your body.

    It is exceedingly unlikely anyone receives a general anesthetic for a colonoscopy or wisdom teeth, you just don't remember the experience.

    I am in the business of saving lives.
    TynnanfurlionElvenshaeRhesus PositiveOdinJedocPerrsunDisruptedCapitalistPolaritieDarmakProlegomenasarukun3cl1ps3sponoShadowfireSolar
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I am once more trying to figure out how to sell my semi-custom longbow. I belong to a very active buy sell group, but shipping a once piece bow is very expensive now. I paid $750 for the bow, I'm the original owner.

    Similar bows from the same bowyer in similar condition as mine don't sell at $700

    It would well quickly at $500, I think, but I don't want take that big of a loss on it, especially when shipping will cost somewhere between $50 and $100.

  • DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist disgusted Registered User regular
    When I went in for my colonoscopy last year they had me lying on my side so I could see the line going into my vein, and woah... the medicine is white and very thick and viscous. It was freaky to see it go into my vein, but then I was out in short order before I could really freak out about it.

  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I have definitely had the general when they operated on my eardrum and wrist. It was also the longest for me to break out of that I remember but I was still steady on my feet in a few minutes after waking.

    Sedation is what I got for my wisdom teeth removal huh? That's kinda neat to think I'm unconscious but not that unconscious, if also kinda terrifying because I could say whatever and not remember. I was groggy after "waking up" and needed some assistance to get to the car but regained full faculties before we got home, and it wasn't a long trip.

    Regional anesthesia is my goddamn BANE because this red hair of mine means you gotta give me a ton of this type of anesthesia or we're gonna have problems as I feel the dentist drilling into my tooth. I'm not even joking when I say I've gotten four full power doses of this stuff over half an hour and I could still register the sharp point of that blasted pick the dentist uses. After the fourth dose I just said get on with it and while very unpleasant there was just enough numbing that it wasn't actively painful.

    I got nothing the time a different dentist ground my molar into a nub for a crown fitting, because he said I needed to retain feeling for the procedure. So I got to feel the full sensation of a live tooth being destroyed and while I can't remember the feeling of the pain, because human brain's locked it away as standard defense mechanism, I remember the pain itself and how much I hated that dentist when I later found out, years later, that he absolutely could have numbed me up for it he was just a sadistic fuck.

    Preacher
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Good news. They replaced all the stairs in your workplace with ladders!

    Even better, I was so worn out from it that once I got to work I argued with dispatch loudly and wrongly over the radio, so everyone got to hear me be a fucking moron. Plz kill me kthx 🙃

    zeHjgKv.png
    Brovid HasselsmofKadithMidnite
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    My complaint today is that my new glasses were ready early so I had to drive there in this heat and that sucked

    PreacherMagic PinkDepressperado
  • DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist disgusted Registered User regular
    I whacked my knee really hard against the front door frame. No idea how I managed to pull that off but it hurts real bad.

    Depressperado
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited May 11
    How come when it's over 75f outside everyone drives like a maniac

    It's just for the 2-60 air conditioning isn't it

    Tallahasseeriel on
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    Hey, people talking about anesthesia in here?

    There's four kinds of anesthesia available.

    General anesthesia is completely unconscious and placing a breathing device to assist the patient ventilating throughout the procedure (usually an endotracheal tube or a laryngeal mask airway).

    Sedation (also called monitored anesthesia care or MAC, Twilight sedation or conscious sedation) is a loss of consciousness and short term memory without a breathing device. This is where people get confused. Because anesthetic drugs interfere with your short term memory you claim you were "put under" or "knocked out", but you assuredly never were. You just don't remember.

    Regional anesthesia is injection of local anesthetic compounds into nerves to numb the surgical area.

    Neuraxial anesthesia is injection of local anesthetic compounds into your spinal or epidural space to numb enter sections of your body.

    It is exceedingly unlikely anyone receives a general anesthetic for a colonoscopy or wisdom teeth, you just don't remember the experience.

    Sedation for that second one sounds kind of boring. Is there a cooler term for it?

  • JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Hello, random cramping pain in my left trapezius. How are you doing todAAAAUGH

  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Hello, random cramping pain in my left trapezius. How are you doing todAAAAUGH

    I get those sometimes

    Probably because I still sometimes lay in bed on my phone like a teenager reading a magazine in an old sitcom holding myself up on my elbows and it's really bad for my neck too!

  • JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I have no idea where this came from. I did my very first exercise of my work out that wasn't even trap related and now I can't look up! This is supremely uncomfortable!

  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    That's why you should do like me and never work out

    Join me on the fat side, and together we can eat the Galaxy.

    Magic PinkSorce
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    I have no idea where this came from. I did my very first exercise of my work out that wasn't even trap related and now I can't look up! This is supremely uncomfortable!

    Maybe you've turned into a dog

    Rhesus PositiveMidnite
  • JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    If I only I were so lucky

    No I am cursed to be sapient and achey, forever cognizant of my own active decay.

    Darmak
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    My 4th COVID shit is making me feel just crappy enough that the yardwork I really need to get done today is going to honk, but not so crappy that I can justify not doing it to myself.

  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    My current complaint is that I am cursed to be sapient and achey, forever cognizant of my own active decay.

    zeHjgKv.png
    Magic PinkDepressperado
  • ElaroElaro Threadkiller, Harbinger of the Lock GodsRegistered User regular
    My complaint is that I tried to explain what a real enemy (as opposed to a temporary enemy) was in the Anime thread, and now I'm motherfucking pooped.

    "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery... And flattery will get you nowhere!"
  • JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I have no idea what you're talking about please explain it to me.

    Also I will be contrarian about it as is my want.

    Depressperado
  • David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    My complaint is that I have an eczema outbreak on my leg and my doctor, who is very goal-oriented, basically went "yeah, no, we're gonna start you straight off on a heavy duty steroid cream, that soft stuff won't do" and now it's still blistering but not turning into sores, instead I'm fully able to scratch it without further damaging my skin and it's so very itchy. Scratching it somehow only increases the itchiness. But I can't not. Because it's so itchy.

    I shouldn't, I know, and I try not to, but sometimes, oh...

    steam_sig.png
    PreacherDepressperado
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Trek To Yomi is a visual feast of a game, but my god the combat is awful. Like you unlock combos and other moves, but you're literally best served by just stabbing dudes with the fastest move in your arsenal.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    I have definitely had the general when they operated on my eardrum and wrist. It was also the longest for me to break out of that I remember but I was still steady on my feet in a few minutes after waking.

    Sedation is what I got for my wisdom teeth removal huh? That's kinda neat to think I'm unconscious but not that unconscious, if also kinda terrifying because I could say whatever and not remember. I was groggy after "waking up" and needed some assistance to get to the car but regained full faculties before we got home, and it wasn't a long trip.

    Regional anesthesia is my goddamn BANE because this red hair of mine means you gotta give me a ton of this type of anesthesia or we're gonna have problems as I feel the dentist drilling into my tooth. I'm not even joking when I say I've gotten four full power doses of this stuff over half an hour and I could still register the sharp point of that blasted pick the dentist uses. After the fourth dose I just said get on with it and while very unpleasant there was just enough numbing that it wasn't actively painful.

    I got nothing the time a different dentist ground my molar into a nub for a crown fitting, because he said I needed to retain feeling for the procedure. So I got to feel the full sensation of a live tooth being destroyed and while I can't remember the feeling of the pain, because human brain's locked it away as standard defense mechanism, I remember the pain itself and how much I hated that dentist when I later found out, years later, that he absolutely could have numbed me up for it he was just a sadistic fuck.

    I can't speak to other areas of local, but every time as an adult I've needed dental local anesthesia the initial attempts haven't worked, or at least not well enough. I forget what the term he used was, but he said some folks are structured a bit different, and so having realized that tried a different spot? Direction? I forget, but it numbed the proper area right away. Now I just have to remind him of that if I need numbed for some reason.

  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Ranlin wrote: »
    Madican wrote: »
    I have definitely had the general when they operated on my eardrum and wrist. It was also the longest for me to break out of that I remember but I was still steady on my feet in a few minutes after waking.

    Sedation is what I got for my wisdom teeth removal huh? That's kinda neat to think I'm unconscious but not that unconscious, if also kinda terrifying because I could say whatever and not remember. I was groggy after "waking up" and needed some assistance to get to the car but regained full faculties before we got home, and it wasn't a long trip.

    Regional anesthesia is my goddamn BANE because this red hair of mine means you gotta give me a ton of this type of anesthesia or we're gonna have problems as I feel the dentist drilling into my tooth. I'm not even joking when I say I've gotten four full power doses of this stuff over half an hour and I could still register the sharp point of that blasted pick the dentist uses. After the fourth dose I just said get on with it and while very unpleasant there was just enough numbing that it wasn't actively painful.

    I got nothing the time a different dentist ground my molar into a nub for a crown fitting, because he said I needed to retain feeling for the procedure. So I got to feel the full sensation of a live tooth being destroyed and while I can't remember the feeling of the pain, because human brain's locked it away as standard defense mechanism, I remember the pain itself and how much I hated that dentist when I later found out, years later, that he absolutely could have numbed me up for it he was just a sadistic fuck.

    I can't speak to other areas of local, but every time as an adult I've needed dental local anesthesia the initial attempts haven't worked, or at least not well enough. I forget what the term he used was, but he said some folks are structured a bit different, and so having realized that tried a different spot? Direction? I forget, but it numbed the proper area right away. Now I just have to remind him of that if I need numbed for some reason.

    I wish that was the problem, but it really is just that being redheaded means I'm naturally resistant to anesthesia of all types. I've been poked all over my mouth and it doesn't make a difference.

  • DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    edited May 11
    Juggernut wrote: »
    I have no idea what you're talking about please explain it to me.

    Also I will be contrarian about it as is my want.

    wont, as is your wont

    alternatively, as you are wont to do

    Depressperado on
  • DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    one time, way back in like, early middle school, I used "wont" in a thing I had to write, and the teacher started giving me shit about using a made up word and I was like "I read my dad's grown-up books, I know lots of words." I bet her 5 dollars it was a real word. I won 5 dollars but that wasn't the important thing, the important thing was that I learned that teachers are just as stupid as the rest of us.

    Kayne Red RobetynicgodmodeElvenshaewebguy20furlionchromdomhonovereRhesus PositiveRanlinSorceDisruptedCapitalistMagic PinkBloodsheedsarukunMidnitesponoFrylockHolmesMechMantis
  • JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    I have no idea what you're talking about please explain it to me.

    Also I will be contrarian about it as is my want.

    wont, as is your wont

    alternatively, as you are wont to do

    I disagree

    DepressperadoVann DirasElvenshaeTynnanMidniteAshaman42
Sign In or Register to comment.