As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Post your petty complaints here

17779818283

Posts

  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Juggernut wrote: »
    I have no idea what you're talking about please explain it to me.

    Also I will be contrarian about it as is my want.

    wont, as is your wont

    alternatively, as you are wont to do

    I disagree

    Would you say that is your won't?

    DepressperadoElvenshaesarukun
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Juggernut wrote: »
    I have no idea what you're talking about please explain it to me.

    Also I will be contrarian about it as is my want.

    wont, as is your wont

    alternatively, as you are wont to do

    I disagree

    Would you say that is your won't?

    Would thatitwurr so syimple.

    DepressperadoSporkAndrew
  • JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I never said that and you can't prove it.

    Depressperado
  • ElaroElaro Threadkiller, Harbinger of the Lock GodsRegistered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    I have no idea what you're talking about please explain it to me.

    Also I will be contrarian about it as is my want.

    Get thee to the anime thread

    "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery... And flattery will get you nowhere!"
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    3cl1ps3 wrote: »
    My 4th COVID shit is making me feel just crappy enough that the yardwork I really need to get done today is going to honk, but not so crappy that I can justify not doing it to myself.

    Well that checks out, actually.

    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    XaquinOdinDisruptedCapitalistMidnite3cl1ps3
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I thought my upper back rib area had healed but after months of no pain someone rolled me on to my back while wrestling today and now it hurts to breath.

  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Trek to Yomi's final boss is total bullshit. Apparently the ultimate samurai move is to swing your sword in front of you really fast.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    one time, way back in like, early middle school, I used "wont" in a thing I had to write, and the teacher started giving me shit about using a made up word and I was like "I read my dad's grown-up books, I know lots of words." I bet her 5 dollars it was a real word. I won 5 dollars but that wasn't the important thing, the important thing was that I learned that teachers are just as stupid as the rest of us.

    I once had to do a piece of work about the solar system and I referred to our sun as Sol. I had learned this from I think Frontier: Elite II. The teacher put a red circle around Sol with a big question mark next to it and I went away thinking I was dumb and had just used a made up name from a videogame.

    For the next three decades every time I've seen the sun referred to as Sol I've remembered that moment and said a silent 'fuck you' to that teacher.

    tynicOdinDisruptedCapitalistXaquinKayne Red RobeTynnanfurlionDepressperadosarukunJedoc3cl1ps3sponoDedwrekkaMechMantisJandaru
  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Smof Invictus

    ElvenshaeKayne Red RobeDedwrekka
  • OdinOdin Registered User regular
    Praise the Sol

    ProlegomenaElvenshaefurlionDedwrekka
  • [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    I have two Australia-related "stupid teacher moments":

    When I was 15 I spent a year in the US, and we had to learn about the continents of the world (kindergarten-level stuff in Norway, but whatever). The (student) teacher said one of them was Australia. I asked if the correct name wasn't Oceania. He said no, Australia. I asked if he was sure, since the material he had handed out listed it as Oceania. I was then sent to the hall. (Only time in my life that happened, but in fairness that's also not a possible punishment in Norway.)

    In Norway I got into a debate with the teacher about what is the largest island in the world. Greenland is typically mentioned, but the question is if the island of Australia is larger. I had looked this up in the (physical) lexicon which listed the square area, and Australia is much, much larger. (But it is usually considered a continent rather than an island – but see above – which is why Greenland is considered the largest island). Well, the teacher rolled down the map and lo and behold, Greenland is larger than Africa and like three times the size of Australia. As I had not learned about projections at the time (I was like 12) I had no rebuttal. (Teacher's opinion was that the lexicon was wrong, incidentally.)

    Sic transit gloria mundi.
    tynic
  • DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist disgusted Registered User regular
    edited May 12
    A lot of drivers in my town do this thing where they come to a stop on one street when I'm waiting at a stop sign on the cross street, even though they don't have a stop sign. So then they're blocking traffic which then irrationally gets mad at me, while I'm staring at the other driver all confused. This is even more perplexing when I'm on my bike.

    DisruptedCapitalist on
    Preachertynic
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    A lot of drivers in my town do this thing where they come to a stop on one street when I'm waiting at a stop sign on the cross street, even though they don't have a stop sign. So then they're blocking traffic which then irrationally gets mad at me, while I'm staring at the other driver all confused. This is even more perplexing when I'm on my bike.

    this happens so much to me and it drives me up the wall

    Preacher
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    A lot of drivers in my town do this thing where they come to a stop on one street when I'm waiting at a stop sign on the cross street, even though they don't have a stop sign. So then they're blocking traffic which then irrationally gets mad at me, while I'm staring at the other driver all confused. This is even more perplexing when I'm on my bike.

    this happens so much to me and it drives me up the wall

    F'ing seriously its even worse when they are the only person and if they just went it wouldn't be a damn thing!

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
    Magic PinkDisruptedCapitalisttynic
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    We had first a flashing yellow light installed at this one 3-way intersection in our town and it caused a lot of accidents because people kept stopping at it and so others would run into them. After a few years it got replaced with regular red/yellow/green lights and now there are even MORE accidents because people somehow don't see the fucking red light and just blow through and slam into people that are turning or stopped at the light.

    To be fair, this town has only had one stop light for like 30 years so yeah some adjustment to the change is needed, but this really hammers home how much people do not pay any attention while driving.

    zeHjgKv.png
    Magic PinkDisruptedCapitalistfurlionMrMonroe
  • [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    We had first a flashing yellow light installed at this one 3-way intersection in our town and it caused a lot of accidents because people kept stopping at it and so others would run into them. After a few years it got replaced with regular red/yellow/green lights and now there are even MORE accidents because people somehow don't see the fucking red light and just blow through and slam into people that are turning or stopped at the light.

    To be fair, this town has only had one stop light for like 30 years so yeah some adjustment to the change is needed, but this really hammers home how much people do not pay any attention while driving.

    Cars were a mistake.

    Sic transit gloria mundi.
    Magic PinkDisruptedCapitalistTynnanElaroRanlinMidniteKadith
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    My complaint is that housing is needlessly expensive

    We just got to look at a older trailer for sale nearby and it's really nice, excellent shape, spacious... Would be perfect.

    They want like 40k for it and who knows how the hell I could get a loan for that. Ontop of that the lot rent is 500/month or so.

    I just want out of this apartment why can't I just win the lotto or inherent something...

    Magic Pink
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    My complaint is that housing is needlessly expensive

    "needlessly" seems to undersell the insanity that is the housing market

    TallahasseerielasofyeunTynnanElvenshaetynic3cl1ps3BloodsheedRanlinKetarPolaritieOdinShadowfirePreacherDee KaeDedwrekka
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Landlords...

  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Landlords...

    eat 'em up

    XaquinRanlin
  • ElaroElaro Threadkiller, Harbinger of the Lock GodsRegistered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Landlords...

    eat 'em up

    Noooooo

    That's how you get prions.

    Let the worms eat em

    "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery... And flattery will get you nowhere!"
  • JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited May 13
    Tonight I learned that my rad new induction pad and rad new convection toaster oven are both fuse divas and I don't think I have a way to effectively cook with them on separate circuits.

    You win this round, natural gas.

    Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
    PreacherMagic Pink
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited May 13
    For some reason I read rad as radition and I was like "radiation convection, man you kids."

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited May 14
    My petty complaint, or petty realisation, is that we’re officially way past the point where people loudly complaining about vegans has eclipsed the “vegans always have to say they’re vegan” point. Now people who complain about vegans have to tell you about their complaints about vegans more often than vegans ever told people they were vegans

    Prohass on
    Blake TDisruptedCapitalistRhesus PositiveSharpyVIIMagic Pink
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited May 14
    My ac unit sounds like an old timey engine that isn't in particularly good shape...

    Seriously I just got home and need to sleep but now I have to choose between trying to sleep with the noise or being hot all night

    Tallahasseeriel on
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    went to sleep at 1130pm and woke up at 147 am

    wiiiiiiide awake for no damn reason =/

    Preacher
  • Blake TBlake T Registered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »
    My petty complaint, or petty realisation, is that we’re officially way past the point where people loudly complaining about vegans has eclipsed the “vegans always have to say they’re vegan” point. Now people who complain about vegans have to tell you about their complaints about vegans more often than vegans ever told people they were vegans

    I eat meat, and I fucking hate ask those dumb fuck shirts that say, save an animal, eat a vegan or whatever. It’s like cool, you are doing this thing, they are doing that thing, just don’t be a goddamn dick about it.

    XaquinSorceProhassDisruptedCapitalistPreacherDouglasDangerasofyeun3cl1ps3ShadowfiregodmodeJedocRhesus PositiveSolar
  • DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    I eat plenty of meat but I'll eat anything if it tastes good. We tried a "BBQ meatball" from a local vegan restaurant at a farmer's market and it was incredible.

    BFzWh4r.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
    webguy20
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited May 14
    The Impossible Whopper at BK was pretty good, when I tried it. I think Impossible cracked the code better than Beyond did, as far as the "let's pretend this is meat" stuff goes.

    Sorce on
    Backloggery. Yes, it's updated.

    The sig image will return when I stop playing "Mature" games. Unless I never stop. Oh god, what if I never stop?
  • [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    My ac unit sounds like an old timey engine that isn't in particularly good shape...

    Seriously I just got home and need to sleep but now I have to choose between trying to sleep with the noise or being hot all night

    Ear plugs? That's what I wear to keep out the sound of the sea gulls.

    Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    My ac unit sounds like an old timey engine that isn't in particularly good shape...

    Seriously I just got home and need to sleep but now I have to choose between trying to sleep with the noise or being hot all night

    Ear plugs? That's what I wear to keep out the sound of the sea gulls.

    Already do so because of the upstairs neighbors noise, but this is really loud and like 4 feet to my left when I am in bed.

  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    went to sleep at 1130pm and woke up at 147 am

    wiiiiiiide awake for no damn reason =/

    What I hate is when you are wide awake and its existential fear. Thank Brain you're a real fucking peach.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
    Xaquin
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Xaquin wrote: »
    went to sleep at 1130pm and woke up at 147 am

    wiiiiiiide awake for no damn reason =/

    What I hate is when you are wide awake and its existential fear. Thank Brain you're a real fucking peach.

    juuuust about 24/7 here

    Preacher
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Xaquin wrote: »
    went to sleep at 1130pm and woke up at 147 am

    wiiiiiiide awake for no damn reason =/

    What I hate is when you are awake

    Yeah, same

    zeHjgKv.png
    XaquinRanlinOdin
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Xaquin wrote: »
    went to sleep at 1130pm and woke up at 147 am

    wiiiiiiide awake for no damn reason =/

    What I hate is when you are wide awake and its existential fear. Thank Brain you're a real fucking peach.

    juuuust about 24/7 here

    Turned 40 and my mind went immediately "well hopefully this is half way through" BRAIN!!!

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
    XaquinMunkus Beaver
  • KupiKupi Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    The Impossible Whopper at BK was pretty good, when I tried it. I think Impossible cracked the code better than Beyond did, as far as the "let's pretend this is meat" stuff goes.

    I agree, but only insofar as between the bun, layers of ketchup and mayonnaise, tomato, and onion, it's impossible to tell what kind of protein is in the sandwich in the first place. :p

    My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    The Impossible Whopper at BK was pretty good, when I tried it. I think Impossible cracked the code better than Beyond did, as far as the "let's pretend this is meat" stuff goes.

    I enjoy burger King so I'm glad the one here is a perpetual trash fire because I'll never want to go there.

    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    edited May 14
    I finally decided to spend some money on a new chair. My old one was a shitty office chair I got about a decade ago where the padding and hydraulics had long since given up the ghost. So I did some searching for a good chair that wasn't going to cost me $1k+ like Herman Miller. Finally decided on getting a Secret Lab.

    So the chair shows up today and it's real good. It's immediately way more comfortable than my old chair ever was and it looks like an actual chair, not one of those bright racing chair wannabes that a ton of gaming chairs look like.

    Why is this in the complaint thread? The Fedex guy had me meet him in my apartment's lobby instead of bringing my package up to my apartment. Soon as he saw me and knew I was the right person he dropped the box off and bailed. I live on the fifth floor of a walk-up and it turns out that these chairs are heavy as fuck. The box was like 80+ lbs and I had to haul it up 5 flights of stairs. And I don't have a dolly like the Fedex guy used to get it to the lobby. I must have been making a bunch of noise (probably a mix of grunting/heavy breathing and cursing at the box, can't really remember) because when I got to my floor my neighbor opened their door to see if I needed help. I appreciated the offer, but it would have been a lot more helpful before I finished all the steps.

    Anyways, the moral of the story is chair good, Fedex bad.

    H0b0man on
    FFXIV: Agran Trask
    Kayne Red RobeXaquinfurlionJedocSporkAndrew
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to. Philosophy: Stoicism. Politics: Democratic SocialistRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Madican wrote: »
    When the base of an entire political party has been fed lies about how anything functions it's no surprise. Any media that tries to point out how the high inflation is worldwide or how a president can't influence gas prices is screamed down as fake news.

    I mean I hate higher prices while record profits are talked about in the same breath, but like ain't shit anyone can do about it they already aren't. The companies are literally making money on us blaming the wrong people.

    I literally brought it up in passing conversation that the oil companies were using the Ukraine war as an excuse to raise prices and my father told me to stop bringing up politics

    Like, pointing out a fundamental aspect of reality is fuckin political to some people. And by some people, I mean conservatives.

    Twitch Channel
    Steam: munkus_beaver
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
    http://www.ccfa.org/
    Elvenshae3cl1ps3furlionDouglasDangerSorcePreacherKetarTynnanSolarsponoSharpyVIINobodyMechMantis
  • Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »
    My petty complaint, or petty realisation, is that we’re officially way past the point where people loudly complaining about vegans has eclipsed the “vegans always have to say they’re vegan” point. Now people who complain about vegans have to tell you about their complaints about vegans more often than vegans ever told people they were vegans

    Also, you know why we bring it up a lot?

    Because people keep forgetting

    Would you (generic you) prefer me to bring it up when discussing where to go and eat, or hope that you remember then get disappointed when the restaurant is Greasy Dave's All Meat Extravaganza?

    [Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
Sign In or Register to comment.