Options

[Hearthstone] Tripping into Second Class.

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    I got three packs today from the special event. If I don't open these packs and keep them until the next mini set launches, the packs should contain nothing but new mini cards, right?
    What Alphagaia said. But to be clear, they won't only be mini-set cards unless you have every card of a rarity from the base set. Presumably that will be the case for any commons/rares you get in the packs, but if you don't have every epic/legendary from the set, any of those opened are still likely to be from the base set.

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

So, what beats Highlander Warrior right now? It's all I'm up against right now in dumpster Legend.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    You're looking for the aggro of painlock or hunter. It's still a close matchup though. The patch was overall a buff for Warrior despite the attempted nerfs, because it just hit the decks that actually countered it so much harder.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    edited April 27
    Kibler got a really fun Shaman deck that can take on Hunter, Priest and Warrior with its life gain and value plays.

### Cry for Shaman
    # Class: Shaman
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Pegasus
    #
    # 1x (1) Lightning Reflexes
    # 1x (1) Shock Hopper
    # 1x (1) Thrall's Gift
    # 1x (2) Ancestral Knowledge
    # 1x (2) Audio Amplifier
    # 1x (2) Cactus Cutter
    # 1x (2) Dirty Rat
    # 1x (2) Gold Panner
    # 1x (2) Needlerock Totem
    # 1x (2) Wandmaker
    # 1x (2) Watcher of the Sun
    # 1x (3) Cyclopian Crusher
    # 1x (3) Fairy Tale Forest
    # 1x (3) Lightning Storm
    # 1x (3) Rustrot Viper
    # 1x (3) Turn the Tides
    # 1x (4) Aftershocks
    # 1x (4) Baking Soda Volcano
    # 1x (4) E.T.C., Band Manager
    # 1x (1) Armor Vendor
    # 1x (2) Dirty Rat
    # 1x (4) Baking Soda Volcano
    # 1x (4) Ignis, the Eternal Flame
    # 1x (4) Sand Art Elemental
    # 1x (5) Altered Chord
    # 1x (5) Doctor Holli'dae
    # 1x (6) Golganneth, the Thunderer
    # 1x (6) Shudderblock
    # 1x (7) Giant Tumbleweed!!!
    # 1x (7) Maruut Stonebinder
    # 1x (9) Reno, Lone Ranger
    # 1x (9) Yogg-Saron, Unleashed
    # 1x (0) Zilliax Deluxe 3000
    # 1x (4) Twin Module
    # 1x (5) Perfect Module
    #
    AAECAfiOBR79nwT9xAXGxwW+0AWt7QW/7QXN7gWN9QWH+wXYgQb5jAazjQaplQbslQbOnAarnQacngafngbNngbRngbmngbVogbHpAanpQaopQakpwbTpwavqAbrqQbv5gYAAAEGz54G/cQF0Z4G/cQFp6UG/cQF9bMGx6QG97MGx6QG6d4Gx6QGAAA=
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Edit: currently rank 2 with it

Alphagaia on
    Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    36-4 Plat 4. I can't do anything to Paladins due to multiple lifesteals and Death Knights, because, well, Death Knights. Got further than I thought, but unless I were to get repeated streaks of no Lifesteal Paladins or Plague Death Knights I'm not going to advance much further. I -might- get to Diamond this month. Hopefully I'll get a couple extra stars to start nearer to the top.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited April 28
    Holy shit I am so sick of Highlander Warrior!!!!! !!! !! !

I swear it's like 80% of my matches! I already hit Diamond 5 so I've been trying to just ladder up for the sake of it, maybe hit Legend for funsies idk right, so I'm at like Diamond 3.... Warrior Warrior Warrior Warrior Warrior Warrior Warrior Warrior Warrior Warrior Warrior Warrior

Lmao this is awful. I can't believe Warrior is just plain stronger now. Hell even if you catch their Brann with Dirty Rat, guess what: they still got Reno. they still got Boomboss. they still got Azurite Ox. they still got Inventor Boom. they still got Ignis.

maybe you get past all of those things. somehow. by some miracle-- OOPS PHOTOGRAPHER FIZZLEEEEE LOLLL

edit: and then there's that really fun variation with Audio Amplifier that can do Boomboss+Zola at 11 Mana :^)

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Yeah reno warrior is truly awful. Brann should not exist, and and the Boomboss "nerf" wasn't much of one as far as I've seen.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    Easy fix, play Tony and steal their deck after they Boomboss, bwahaha.

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited April 28
    Since nature shaman is dead and i got Plush Crush, I modified the suggested beast hunter deck and am currently refining it. Seems to have a lot of blowout potential so far. Got a few t3 concedes already :-). I must admit, Feels great to have a balls to the walls aggro deck again.

Goal is to buff the first cow to 4/4 and then play the "trigger a friendly minions deathrattle twice" minion for early tempo. Which also works great on the "deal 7 dmg to random enemy" dino. Or you trigger the Snek and shit snowballs like whoah. And a buffed Plush Crush is a totally out of left field board clear with an 8/8 with charge on the backswing for most opponents haha

### beastrattle
    # Class: Hunter
    # Year of the Pegasus
    #
    # 1x (1) Bunch of Bananas
    # 2x (1) Thornmantle Musician
    # 2x (1) Tracking
    # 2x (2) Absorbent Parasite
    # 1x (2) Always a Bigger Jormungar
    # 1x (2) Fetch!
    # 2x (2) Messenger Buzzard
    # 1x (2) Patchwork Pals
    # 1x (2) Titanforged Traps
    # 2x (3) Bovine Skeleton
    # 2x (3) Kill Command
    # 2x (3) Master's Call
    # 2x (4) Yelling Yodeler
    # 1x (5) Big Dreams
    # 1x (5) Mystery Egg
    # 2x (6) Hollow Hound
    # 2x (7) Toyrannosaurus
    # 1x (9) King Plush
    # 2x (10) Banjosaur
    #
    AAECAazABAiI0QXf7QXk9QWZ9gXopQbqpQbxpQb+pQYLqZ8E5soFqNEFj+QF8OgF5PgFzY4G344G+qUG/uUGgeYGAAA=
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Unfortunately, I found out the hard way that Thornmantle Musician's buff doesn't apply to King Plush before King Plush's battlecry triggers.

• Options
    And don't get me wrong, this deck is far from refined, but i'm just feeling around to see where it struggles and see if i can fix that.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 28
    oooh....intriguing Let's cook this deck emnmnme!

ps i think the mystery egg is bait?

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    I'd swap one of those Absorbent Parasites for something poisonous to fight off Handbuff Paladins. Maybe that snake with Rush.

• Options
    edited April 28
    good call, i dropped 1 parasite and the + 2 damage excess hero spell for two sneks.

how stranglethorn heart working out for you? kinda feels like a win more card?

anyway i'm having tons of beastly fun with it.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    Dibby wrote: »
    Holy shit I am so sick of Highlander Warrior!!!!! !!! !! !

I swear it's like 80% of my matches! I already hit Diamond 5 so I've been trying to just ladder up for the sake of it, maybe hit Legend for funsies idk right, so I'm at like Diamond 3.... Warrior Warrior Warrior Warrior Warrior Warrior Warrior Warrior Warrior Warrior Warrior Warrior

Lmao this is awful. I can't believe Warrior is just plain stronger now. Hell even if you catch their Brann with Dirty Rat, guess what: they still got Reno. they still got Boomboss. they still got Azurite Ox. they still got Inventor Boom. they still got Ignis.

maybe you get past all of those things. somehow. by some miracle-- OOPS PHOTOGRAPHER FIZZLEEEEE LOLLL

edit: and then there's that really fun variation with Audio Amplifier that can do Boomboss+Zola at 11 Mana :^)
    And the pure misery of it is the inevitable losses waste 20+ minutes each.

• Options
    Plague DK haters should be content. Apparently the deck beats fucking nothing anymore!

Guess I'll craft what I'm missing for Spell Token Hunter since it looks to be one of the best options for climbing now?

• Options
    edited April 29
    forty wrote: »
    Plague DK haters should be content. Apparently the deck beats fucking nothing anymore!

Guess I'll craft what I'm missing for Spell Token Hunter since it looks to be one of the best options for climbing now?
    Welp, I guess this was the ticket this month. Went from D10 0 stars, 0 wins straight to Dad Legend with no games lost.

forty on
  • Options
    edited April 29
    forty wrote: »

Yeah I've been trying in vain to ladder up with my UUB Plague DK deck and it's been. A Struggle. It does win vs quite a few decks that aren't Warrior! Sometimes! My list has enough healing and board clear and shit that it *can* work but it's also entirely dependent on your opponent drawing plagues. I won vs a Warrior one (1) time just cause I had gotten very lucky in dumping all my plagues in +extra plagues from discovers pretty early, as well as going full aggro mode with my early game minions BUT

yeah ultimately it requires your opponent actually chain-drawing the damn things

Since I'm not running Excavate anymore, that's entirely my wincon now. Well, that and Horseman, that's the other half of the wincon (3 damage to face each turn and INFINITE VALUE is pretty good). And heck vs other decks? Yeah it can work. But I also dropped from Diamond 3 to Diamond 5 attempting to play it lol

I'll post my list later and maybe folks can help me think of refinements for it. Unless it's just doomed by this meta lmao. I can win vs Hunter tho!! Threads of Despair, Tomb Traitor, and Hollow Hound are all really fuckin good cards. And a few other decks. Sometimes.......

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    fuck warrior, that's all.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I’ve been running a buff DK with modest results. Yesterday’s highlight was dropping Yelling Yodeler on a buffed Reska to steal Magtheridon and another demon, and then rushing into a third thing to clear the board. DH immediately concedes the following turn.

• Options
    antheremantherem Registered User regular
    I also gave up and crafted Zilliax (the only thing I was missing from spell token hunter) and out of five games (and five wins) I have played him zero times and drawn him once, so I don't know that he's all that important

• Options
    antherem wrote: »
    I also gave up and crafted Zilliax (the only thing I was missing from spell token hunter) and out of five games (and five wins) I have played him zero times and drawn him once, so I don't know that he's all that important
    Your post made me remember that he was even in the list I copied. I played him literally 0 times on my climb to dad legend. I'm not sure I even drew him...

• Options
    I think I encountered a bug, or at least an interaction with quests that doesn't make sense.

So quests reset today, as per usual. Which mean's I've got my weekly "Win 10 ranked games" and "Win X games in Battlegrounds, etc..." I usually reject the second one because I play those other modes rarely if ever. When I did so, it rerolled that quest AND my "Win 10 games..." and duplicated the new quest. Pretty irritating.

abjsnzvcxsbo.png

• Options
    Weird. Play 1 miniature card and see if the counter goes up for both quests.

• Options
    sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    Why would they change Brann so he can’t be countered by plagues? So dumb.

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    I think I encountered a bug, or at least an interaction with quests that doesn't make sense.

So quests reset today, as per usual. Which mean's I've got my weekly "Win 10 ranked games" and "Win X games in Battlegrounds, etc..." I usually reject the second one because I play those other modes rarely if ever. When I did so, it rerolled that quest AND my "Win 10 games..." and duplicated the new quest. Pretty irritating.

abjsnzvcxsbo.png

That happened to me once. It was purely a visual bug. Relaunching the client got things back to how they should look.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options

abjsnzvcxsbo.png

That happened to me once. It was purely a visual bug. Relaunching the client got things back to how they should look.

It worked. I had logged right after the bug occurred, and logged back in maybe an hour ago. Just visual. Phew, thanks!
    sanstodo wrote: »
    Why would they change Brann so he can’t be countered by plagues? So dumb.

It’s supposed to prevent people from filling their decks with 2x cards and then milling or turbo drawing to eliminate those and get the benefits of a singleton deck. I understand the logic, but yeah it has countered plague decks as a result. Which in and of itself, doesn’t bother me. Those decks are still fine, just no longer hard counters.

The real problem is Brann itself. It shouldn’t exist, and should be relegated to wild.

• Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    Brann is also a weird case since repeatedly playing him doesn’t stack, unlike the rest of the Highlander/reno/singleton cards where you can get the effect over and over.

• Options
    ronzo wrote: »
    Brann is also a weird case since repeatedly playing him doesn’t stack, unlike the rest of the Highlander/reno/singleton cards where you can get the effect over and over.
    Eh, same thing with Raza the Chained.

• Options
    It doesn't really need to because double battlecry for the rest of the game is so busted.

• Options
    edited April 30
    holy SHIT this new weekly quest system is atrocious

i literally was not able to complete one of my weeklies. it was at 7/10 wins.

what a load of horse shit. are people still rioting over this or is everyone just acquiescing now

like the game seriously expects me to win 10 standard games, 10 Other games (tavern brawl/battlegrounds/whatever else i forgot) and then whatever the fuck the third one is? come on man i ain't got time for that. i play casually.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    only winning move is not to play

liEt3nH.png
  • Options

How am I supposed to fill bars if I don't play?

• Options
    I want to make a new deck that is centered around Thunderbringer, the horse that draws an Elemental and a Beast when it croaks. But which class would make best use of Beasts and Elementals that don't have battlecries? Shaman and Walking Mountain? Hunter and Death Knight has the yodeler but you don't want your side of the board to be too full of minions.

• Options

what a load of horse shit. are people still rioting over this or is everyone just acquiescing now

like the game seriously expects me to win 10 standard games, 10 Other games (tavern brawl/battlegrounds/whatever else i forgot) and then whatever the fuck the third one is? come on man i ain't got time for that. i play casually.
    I complained about it in a survey and don't spend any money on Hearthstone, but that's about it.

• Options
    RIGHT so this is the UUB Plague DK list I've been running

### UUB Plague Death Knight
    # Class: Death Knight
    # Year of the Pegasus
    #
    # 2x (1) Miracle Salesman
    # 2x (1) Staff of the Primus
    # 2x (2) Distressed Kvaldir
    # 2x (2) Down with the Ship
    # 2x (2) Hematurge
    # 2x (2) Mining Casualties
    # 2x (2) Threads of Despair
    # 2x (3) Chillfallen Baron
    # 1x (4) E.T.C., Band Manager
    # 1x (2) Dirty Rat
    # 1x (2) Flint Firearm
    # 1x (3) Rustrot Viper
    # 1x (4) Helya
    # 2x (4) Tomb Traitor
    # 1x (6) Dr. Stitchensew
    # 2x (6) Hollow Hound
    # 1x (6) The Headless Horseman
    # 1x (7) Prison of Yogg-Saron
    # 1x (8) The Primus
    # 1x (9) Yogg-Saron, Unleashed
    # 1x (4) Twin Module
    # 1x (5) Perfect Module
    # 2x (11) Chained Guardian
    #
    AAECAdvJBgj9xAX++AWT+wXt/wWplQbHpAa9sQbBsQYLh/YEj+QF9fcFgvgF8vgFu/kF6/8FhY4GkqAGu7EG2OUGAAEG5JgG/cQFzZ4G/cQF0Z4G/cQF9bMGx6QG97MGx6QG694Gx6QGAAA=
    #

whiiiiiich I mean I think it's pretty good, but, I dunno, maybe there's some room for refinements... Earlier versions I had it much more anti-aggro focused (I was running Rainbow Seamstress for example) but since there's a surge of slower decks lately I've been adding in more value stuff instead. I can generally do pretty well on average but it's just like, oops here's Warrior to rain on my parade. But it's Warrior, so, I don't think there's any getting around that.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular

Oh, it's shit all right. 10 standard wins is… achievable, but not great. 10 other wins is just fat chance; always re-roll that one.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options

100%. If you enjoy the game by all means keep going but it’s pretty clear that the strategy going forward is to hamper f2p (or “minimal” p2p) progress.

• Options
    edited April 30

AHA, JUST AS I POSTED THIS, THIS IS NOW THE TOP THREAD ON THE FRONT PAGE OF THE HEARTHSTONE REDDIT

https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/1cguqqw/let_us_not_forget_about_weekly_quests/

LET'S GOOOOOO WE'RE SO BACK i just don't think it'll actually accomplish anything in the long run BUT THE PEOPLE HAVE NOT FORGOTTEN LET'S GOOOO

edit: actually nvm the replies are all being super apathetic about it. or worse still, defending it. congrats blizz. you win. again. sigh

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png