As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] Wizzing Toys for Everyone

AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
edited February 14 in Games and Technology
game-logo-hearthstone.png

Welcome to the new Hearthstone thread!

New Expansions coming August 2022
https://youtu.be/A60ftuEwvlI

New mini expansion has arrived:
https://youtu.be/Tc6ptCEMSCg

New Expansion:
https://youtu.be/rmWia8Wndpg

Mini Expansion released!
https://youtu.be/z_Ccy32GcB4

New OP is needed, if anyone has suggestions feel free to provide them.

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
Alphagaia on

• DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Suggestion: Don't spend money on this game :T

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    The previous thread started with optimism about the incoming Darkmoon Faire expansion and Team 5 unfucking the rewards track, and ended with us learning how to tie our shoes. Never could have seen that coming.

edited January 2022
    Yilias wrote: »
    Scabbs is looking like 1,600 dust into my pile.

Edit: Unless, as the end of the article posits, they nerf around Scabbs. I was thinking they'd do both since Scabbs is ridiculous and in every Rogue deck and it's hard to imagine that ever changing for the rest of his tenure.

forty on
  • The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    This is where I lament the missed opportunity for Objective/landmark cards to act defensively/anti-tech. The Warrior one is the only one that does something against the opponent.

We just need something like a Security Hut that blocks both players from playing Secrets, Stealth, and Weapons for a few turns. I'd add Combo to that list, but that's a little blatant.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
    My money is Scabbs and Kurtrus get nerfed twice. +1 mana at the miniset and +1 mana again in the spring/summer. Cariel and Tamsin probably only eat 1 nerf.

edited January 2022
    Something I've been thinking about lately is how back in Spring 2020, after the DH class was added and was incredibly broken due to a slew of overpowered cards, and the class continued to be a meta tyrant for a good while, there were a lot of people saying the class would never be balanced due to its 1 mana hero power. Do people still feel that way?

I was never on board with that argument, figuring that properly dealing with its problem cards would get DH in line, regardless of it having a unique hero power situation. And frankly it feels like DH has been pretty fine for most of the last year, rarely driving the meta nor feeling useless. The most busted the class has been since the last rotation is when Lifesteal DH was out of control, and even then, its hero power had little to do with the outcome of its ridiculous fun and interactive OTK wins.

forty on
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Ok this meta fucking sucks ass

I recorded my last six games

Three were versus poison rogue where I rustrot their weapon and they still went cloak cloak scabbs into 30+ from hand with guild trader prep sinister strike wicked stab garotte etc

Three were versus Mozaki mage who had double Incanter's flow and Mozaki, went off on 7 and OTK'd me

Nobody plays fair decks, everyone cheats mana and does bullshit solitaire then kills you

• übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »

Three were versus poison rogue where I rustrot their weapon and they still went cloak cloak scabbs into 30+ from hand with guild trader prep sinister strike wicked stab garotte etc

Three were versus Mozaki mage who had double Incanter's flow and Mozaki, went off on 7 and OTK'd me

Nobody plays fair decks, everyone cheats mana and does bullshit solitaire then kills you

Yeah I had this issue last month when I noticed everyone is playing decks that don't require the board to matter. Any minions played are to activate the effect for a combo, and playing the......for lack of a better word...."legit" decks make it so that you can never kill anyone before they Exodia you at turn 5 or whenever the deadline is. There's people playing decks using the old system where the game was designed so you couldn't go face or OTK at something silly like turn 3 (there might still be Wild decks like that). Then there's the new system where you play a card, and it gives you a minion, armor, a weapon, casts a spell, changes the hero power, and brings DisguisedToast into your game to play for you at the very balanced cost of 3 mana.

At least Pirate Warrior requires you to play on the board and try to keep control of it, even though it's terrible to be up against. Compared to some of the other decks it's one of the lowest offenders. Part of this mess is out of control power creep, the rest is terrible design.

camo_sig.png
    edited January 2022
    Beasteh wrote: »

See I'm just playing Bolner/Y'Shaarj OTK Freeze Shaman (there's gotta be a better name for that....) and I can basically win vs any of those bullshit decks. Stall and draw for days, up to four boards locks, and you can OTK with only one of each Corrupted card. Shit I even OTK'd a goddamn Paladin with Cariel's weapon up.

Big Druid is troublesome cause of Celestial Alignment, if you can't corrupt Dunk Tank and the potion minion whose name I forgot

But otherwise I've got pretty good matchups in general. Pirate Warrior is maybe 50/50, depends on if I'm able to stick Wildpaw Caverns and perma freeze them.

Mage is generally a good matchup. Honestly just cycle like crazy with Windchill on your own minions til you get the pieces. Slam down shit that doesn't even matter (Like the 6 mana board freeze minion) just to get Corrupts going. Mutanus can easily snipe Mozaki if you get a good read.

Quest Warlock is pretty free. Just play aggro and burn them the fuck out before they can finish their quest.

LMAO I GUESS THAT'S A SOLITAIRE DECK TOO but hey can't beat em join em, but join em with the deck that can beat the other decks.

Notably I'm running a deck without Cheaty Snobolds, cause I honestly don't care about killing off minions if I'm just freezing and cycling instead. Besides letting them board lock themselves if is good anyway. Just use your minions to clear off problematic ones, even your Chonky Lads, cause you really don't care about face damage as long as you survive and get the combo pieces

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    New year, New Dibby.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    lmao dibby's playing standard

liEt3nH.png
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Thief Rogue takes a brain to play versus decks that can run on auto-pilot like Quest Warrior.

I hate when I lose to a weird, off-meta deck while playing a "strong" deck, and I can't tell if it's actually a decent counter or just my terrible RNG.

It just happens sometimes. A 30% winrate deck still wins 3 out of 10 games.

• ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    Yeah that’s just the nature of card games, sometimes you just draw everything in ass-backwards order and you can get knocked over by someone using a basic innkeeper deck.

It’s also why consistency is king, and why “curvestone” style decks get more hate than even solitaire decks at times.

All of that said, the rouge that did prep-mask of Cthun on turn 5 to wipe my 6 1/1 demon board right before I played Bartender? Totally rigged bullshit /s

Right, the frustration is mostly in wondering if their deck is actually a good answer to a "monster" deck but not having any real way to know.

lmao dibby's playing standard

I mean only kinda

I've pretty much only been playing the one deck and even then not really doing any serious laddering. I had a shitton of dust laying around and figured "eh what the hell"

OTK Shaman is a fun and interactive deck tho, because it's fun for me to have my opponent not be able to interact with my deck at all :rotate:

DNiDlnb.png

Tweet contents:
    tylerootd wrote:
    Classic 2nd place board

[image]Battlegrounds outcome screenshot of 2nd place with possibly the nuttiest board I've ever seen[/image]

• KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Probably lost to reborn maexnas.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    I played against a rare Santa Magni and emoted at them, "Happy Feast of Winterveil!"

They never emoted a greeting back.

Christmas is ruined!

uJw8yfm.png

yep yep cool cool cool

e: previous eternal flame was discovered from guidance

ee: i won that game thanks to a frozen mr smite giving the plucky prize plunderer charge for lethal

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    this is what you deserve you filthy thief

liEt3nH.png
    edited January 2022
    to be fair that *was* my nuttiest opener with thief rogue (double 0 mana gnoll, active secret agent plus bonus wand thief)

this might unironically be a lightning storm meta

Beasteh on
    KafkaAU wrote: »
    Well, the poison divine shield dongs are on par with reborn Maexxnas (unless George), so it'd take a ridiculous amount of them and other big boys to clear this up.

But according to Tyler, his opponent had chonk dragons + Nadina, and he ended up getting bad hits.

• ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    KafkaAU wrote: »
    Well, the poison divine shield dongs are on par with reborn Maexxnas (unless George), so it'd take a ridiculous amount of them and other big boys to clear this up.

But according to Tyler, his opponent had chonk dragons + Nadina, and he ended up getting bad hits.

Was it the Taragosa + DR gives health imp?

Because you can hit hundreds/millions of points of health with that build

edited January 2022
    fuck it i joined the dark side and went poison rogue

probably the strongest it's ever been? games feel entirely one sided when you draw your entire deck and cloak cloak into scabbs

Beasteh on
    How does it fare against Beast Druid? I seem to run into them fairly regularly now.

can't say i've faced one so far but shouldn't be too bad

Wait, so if you max out all the abilities and equipment on a Mercenary, you still keep getting coins for them that are literally useless? Holy shit this thing is half baked.

Just had my first ever loss to The Purified Shard. Thanks for the 20 minute turn 0 loss, Blizzard!

I run into far more Priests than VS's stats imply are out there. Are Hearthstone streamers/youtubers popularizing Priest lately?

edited January 2022
    XRDuQl5.png

fuck me that was like pulling teeth this season, i was languishing in diamond 5 sea giant and couldn't escape for days with thief rogue

then i switched to poison rogue and the climb was rapid, i just click with the gameplan of draw through your entire deck and kill around turn 8/9

a lot of decision making and gambling, final boss to legend i only won vs a face hunter by carefully eking out my damage from hand while using si:7 extortion as removal and holding my cloak, had 1 health

proudest moment: beating a thief rogue who traded scimitar t1, swash wand thief double gnoll turn 2, secret agent on 3

Got a salty rage add from that one

Beasteh on
    Trying to climb in Hearthstone without a star bonus is one of the greatest human miseries.

Okay well this is awful, from an interview with Dean
    They are currently trying to figure out how to approach Arena balance after Tian Ding Left.
    Tian was the "father" of micro-adjustments and since he left to join Second Dinner, they haven't made any adjustments since it requires manual intervention that only he did.

Firestone put out a graph a while back about what formats their userbase plays. Arena was tied with Mercenaries PvE.
    3viz2yq71w981.jpg

Given that people running Firestone are a bit more involved than the userbase at large, I'd be surprised if Arena wasn't the 2nd least played mode behind Mercenaries PvP.

I'm definitely not touching it now that I know there's nobody behind the wheel

• rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    Duels has like double? the players and half the balance so.

Also confirmation that battlegrounds is the real game?

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    duels isn't well balanced but at least fun stuff (weird combos and etc) happens sometimes; arena is only a little better balanced and deathly boring

I don't have much interest in playing anything but BGs but I'll load up a duels run every so often if I have a ticket, it can be a fun few matches

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
    edited January 2022
    The handful of times I tried to do duels, it seems like I'd never get offered a class I wanted, and then I'd get offered buckets/treasures with no real synergy, and then get blown out by people with crazy deck/power synergy. I'm sure it's fun when you get the nuts, but I never got to experience that and have been completely soured on the mode.

Edit: I have an assload of arena/duels tickets stacked up (I think the display caps at "9+") since I basically never do them anymore, and I only just start an arena run each time there's an arena rotation for the free pack at the next rotation.

forty on