As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] Wizzing Toys for Everyone

• Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    Idx86 wrote: »
    Have been playing since the beta and NEVER had a pack opening like this. Wondering if Blizzard plants these sorts of rare packs in like a 1:10,000 type fashion or if each individual card happened to high roll for the golden version:

3dmrucwsqimm.png
    Isn't that just from opening the golden pack they gave you for the end of the Lunar New Year quest chain?

Oh, that was a specific golden pack? I just thought I got lucky as fuck.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Marty81 wrote: »
    Grobian wrote: »
    Grobian wrote: »
    These changes are all over the place. Many buddies are nerfed to a tier higher, even ones, where I'd have called the hero trash. And then you have like Scabbs, who was still fine, but not op anymore, and he gets buffed.

Overall, the power level should go down a bit?
    By the stats available, Scabbs is subpar, so buffing him some is probably fine? I haven't looked at all the changes yet, but who would you say is trash that got nerfed?

There are some, where I'm prob going against the stats, like Xyrella or Ysera. I realize they are strong, but that has nothing to do with their buddy and imo won't get changed by changing the buddy.

Then there are Flurgl and Deryl, who, to be fair, only get stat nerfs.

I think the worst offender might be Lich King, who I only thought to be clunky (space issues always) and not good at all. If anything, he's just a symptom of reborn maexxnas and that's a whole other problem.

Xyerlla's buddy is actually really really good. It's a huge pile of stats and great tempo for most of the game.
    I believe Xyrella was below average before the patch, and she moved up to high T2 afterward, so I'd say her Buddy had been doing work.

• Options
    Have been playing since the beta and NEVER had a pack opening like this. Wondering if Blizzard plants these sorts of rare packs in like a 1:10,000 type fashion or if each individual card happened to high roll for the golden version:

3dmrucwsqimm.png
    Isn't that just from opening the golden pack they gave you for the end of the Lunar New Year quest chain?

Oh, that was a specific golden pack? I just thought I got lucky as fuck.
    Yep. I just got my typical 1R4C from it. Sigh.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    I would be legend by now if it weren't for that fucking trogg

Playing a caster deck off coin when your opponent has turn 1 trogg into follow-up and you mulled for removal and didn't get anything is so miserable

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    the fel dh mirror might be the dumbest mirror i've ever played

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    DRR #221 is out.

e7znzgs0pirt.png

Man, Rogue sank to the bottom like they were tied to an anchor.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Alphagaia wrote: »

What does Onyxia have to do with Alterac Valley?

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    narratively, Onyxia is making trouble for the heroes in the plot

thematically, it's an Endgame Content, like how AV is an Endgame Content

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Oh shit, it's Raid Leader's time to shine!

CS2_122.png

• Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    Regis take on the patch and the trailer:

https://youtu.be/1eqXWmcQZB4

and reveals some cards:

https://youtu.be/I3oR9NysAr8

Alphagaia on
    Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    WHELP BONKER!!

• Options
    Got into legend at rank 1000

Used quest shaman ft. sloggers and multicasters, VS list

I have nightmares about that fucking trogg

• Options
    Very controlly looking cards revealed so far (in that Regis video).

• Options
    Does warlock really need more removal with a giant ass attached

• Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    Fuck Akazamzarak, and fuck blizzard for allowing that broken piece of shit to be in battlegrounds in its current state.

Golden Bird, battlebuddy, baron, and single taunt minion, congrats, you now trigger infinite stacking off all 5 secrets, and are stuck in a loop watching 6+ animations play out while your next turn is completely and totally skipped. You also lose the fight if they go first, since the taunt minion has an infinite divine shield.

fucking goddammit, fix the fucking animation bullshit. its been most of a goddamn decade dealing with this fucking thing.

ronzo on
  • Options
    g5mhzg94jaun.png

this is the good shit, by which i mean shit that might be bad, but which is extremely funny

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    g5mhzg94jaun.png

this is the good shit, by which i mean shit that might be bad, but which is extremely funny
    Someone's gonna get fatigue damaged over the course of the game, forget about it, draw the whole deck, do some quick math of how many more turns they can last with fatigue damage, and then get a very big surprise.

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited February 2022
    That's incredibly effective vs the current "draw my deck and kill you" combo styles. That's 21 damage without any extras even being generated

Phyphor on
  • Options
    Yeah, it's gonna be a good time when people do combos to duplicate that card a bunch of times and then kill you with fatigue before you're halfway through your deck.

• Options
    With Tamsin you could dump out 4 of them for 5 mana in one turn. I'm not sure if Warlock has any other spell duplication right now. But I don't think there's a way to build a Warlock deck to reliably draw both the Curses and Tamsin -- it's pretty much one or the other. It's interesting but its effectiveness seems like it would be pretty opponent dependent.

That said, the flavor and authenticity of the card is spot on. For those who haven't played WoW, Curse of Agony is a Warlock Damage Over Time (DOT) spell that lasts relatively longer than other DOTs. It starts out doing very little damage per tick, but the damage ramps up over the duration of the spell, so it's ticking for a lot more damage per second in the last few seconds than it was in the first few seconds.

• Options
    f7cdsg83j40x.png

My understanding is that Treasures = Duels treasures.

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Yes. It's mechanically the same as Elysiana but with a better card pool.

Not sure how big a thing avoiding fatigue is, but with Curse of Agony who knows.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Apparently this is the pool
    kazakusan-more-treasures.jpg
    treasures-1.png
    treasures-2.png
    treasures-3.png

• Options
    With Tamsin you could dump out 4 of them for 5 mana in one turn. I'm not sure if Warlock has any other spell duplication right now.
    In Wild, you can use Expired Merchant, although that requires setup and isn't guaranteed (e.g. they can be silenced).

• Options
    The wording isn't clear, but I assume this will wipe out any remaining cards in your deck like Elysiana.

• Options
    Delduwath wrote: »
    With Tamsin you could dump out 4 of them for 5 mana in one turn. I'm not sure if Warlock has any other spell duplication right now.
    In Wild, you can use Expired Merchant, although that requires setup and isn't guaranteed (e.g. they can be silenced).
    Yeah, I'm not counting Wild since at this point nearly any ridiculous thing is technically possible in that mode.

• Options
    The wording isn't clear, but I assume this will wipe out any remaining cards in your deck like Elysiana.

It is in fact, full Elysiana

oll9xbwk2yyf.png

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Summoning portal, Tamsin, 2x Augmented Elekk, 4x Curse of Agony, easy 666 damage for 9 mana

• Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    So I haven't played ranked in ages, but decided to return to it now, and I must say freeze shaman (or 'burn shaman' as the kids call it) is disgusting. Apparently it does meet its match in the higher ranks, but so far it's just a never ending win streak. And fun to play too! I used to play frost mage back in the day, and this gives the same satifaction while also being entertaining. 10/10 would recommend.

MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Hit-It-Very-Hard.png
    Another reference to the infamous WoW video.

Onyxia's Buddy in Battlegrounds is also one:
    2O7UJNB7XMQ21643920556995.png

forty on
  • Options
    how far flamewaker has fallen

szxd2jzn2j3i.png

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    cogvlacdq3y9.png

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    It looks like the current Shadow Priest lists are running some of those mediocre seeming legendaries that I happened to open and never really had a use for (Serena, Najak), so that's awesome. Shadow Priest it is!

• Options
    Managed to go 3-0 with Shadow Priest since that post. The highlight was absolutely using Najak to steal a Face Hunter's 8-4 Trampling Rhino and ram it into his 1/1 Cub for 7 face damage (ended up putting him down to 3 health that turn and he conceded).

All I could think of was the internet classic Juggernaut video. "I'm gonna hit you with your own pimp!"

• Options
    my takeaway from seeing all the ony's lair cards revealed: wait. that's fucking IT?

terrible set, boring, uninspired, not even worth the 2k gold

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    I'm pretty warm on how Priest is looking. They shored up some of the weak points in the curve for Quest Priest and Mi'da provides a lot of inevitability when combined with res spells.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    I'm sure the day is coming where Quest Priest becomes decent and it's going to be miserable to play against.

forty on
  • Options
    A quick reminder that a invulnerable opponent with taunt equals a stealth opponent with taunt: you can still hit anything else on the board, including face.

Don't let the Druids hitting Onyxia with Taunt confuse you.