As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] Wizzing Toys for Everyone

• fortyforty Registered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    forty wrote: »
    Just came across this in a BG.

partner-in-crime-battlegrounds.jpg

Oh wow, it is insanely rare.

WHY DOES THIS EXIST

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    caaaezcijx2n.png

• AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    @ObiFett

I encountered this variation of the deck which can OTK you after two completed parts of the Quest. Not yet sure how viable it is, but perhaps there are some lessons and combo's to gather from it?

### Pageflipper OTK
    # Class: Demon Hunter
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Hydra
    #
    # 1x (0) Dispose of Evidence
    # 1x (0) Sigil of Silence
    # 2x (1) Abusive Sergeant
    # 1x (1) Final Showdown
    # 2x (1) Fury (Rank 1)
    # 2x (1) Sigil of Alacrity
    # 2x (1) Tuskpiercer
    # 2x (2) Chaos Strike
    # 2x (2) Fel Barrage
    # 2x (2) Sigil of Flame
    # 2x (2) Spectral Sight
    # 2x (3) Abyssal Depths
    # 1x (3) Lady S'theno
    # 2x (3) Predation
    # 2x (4) Persistent Peddler
    # 2x (5) Need for Greed
    # 1x (6) Kurtrus, Demon-Render
    # 1x (8) Jace Darkweaver
    #
    AAECAdO+BQbr7wP39gON9wOHiwT7vwSl4gQM/eoD/e0DwvEDifcDivcDi/cDyIAEtp8EkaAEtKAE8rEEmLoEAA==
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Battlegrounds is awful now. Winning is basically determined by three RNG rolls that have nothing to do with the player.

Do you get to choose a decent hero?
    Do you get an easy to complete quest?
    Is the reward for the quest powerful?

ObiFett wrote: »
    Battlegrounds is awful now. Winning is basically determined by three RNG rolls that have nothing to do with the player.
    y46nhdpbrtd7.png

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Are the special dailies all only related to Battlegrounds? I don't bother with Battlegrounds.

• GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Hmm, I actually found BGs to be less bad than I thought before the patch release. There is some skill in choosing the correct quest and how to play for quest completion vs normal strategies.

I'd like them to give quests the darkmoon prize treatment though and just have them every other game or so.

emnmnme wrote: »
    Are the special dailies all only related to Battlegrounds? I don't bother with Battlegrounds.
    Yes, it's a 3 quest BGs chain to nudge people toward the new and (fiscally) improved BGs.

edited September 2022
    ObiFett wrote: »

Do you get to choose a decent hero?
    Do you get an easy to complete quest?
    Is the reward for the quest powerful?

Here's a perfect example:

Do you get to choose a decent hero? Yes Sir Denathrius has to be A-tier, right?
    Do you get an easy to complete quest? Yes One was play Elementals/Quilboar, the other was play battlecry minions
    Is the reward for the quest powerful? Ridiculously "End of turn effects trigger twice (gain a Charlga)" and "Only need two copies for a golden"

It required zero effort to roll the lobby and get this where my board is getting 280 stats a turn:
    c3ziitrw7d26.png

Its not even skillful decision making at this point, its pure RNG based on your hero and quest options. Garbage.

ObiFett on
    Sire is more like B tier, probably entirely because it's easy to whiff on quests.

• TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Denny is B-tier. He lacks armor, so he's both fragile and has hard-to-complete quests.

• DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    there was a quest offered to me that was spend 50 gold to gain +1 attack on minions of different types each turn like what is that why does that exist why is it SO BAD

like lmfao the balance disparity between good quests and bad quests is fucking atrocious

i've tried to play a bit since the patch dropped. i've tried to go "maybe it's not that bad. maybe i can still have fun with it." it really does fucking all come down to highrolling quests now. that's it. the game is determined on turn 4, period the fucking end. this is the worst meta. worse than arcane cannons. worse than buddies (and holy SHIT i fucking despised buddies). like this is it, i'm done. i leave every BG game feeling angry as fuck. it just doesn't feel fair anymore, there's no way to win against someone with the better quest highroll. it's no longer fun. i cannot get any fun from this stupid horseshit anymore. even when i win, it's like, okay sure i rolled the entire fucking lobby with my ridiculous quest and it was brainless and faceroll.

fuck, man. shit. they destroyed BGs. not to mention how goddamn awful it feels being only able to pick two heroes and your choices are shit like lich baz'hial or fuckin' deathwing

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    I found an annoying interaction in BGs

Theotars Parasol quest reward gives a minion +8 health and stealth at end of turn

Zapp Slywick doesn't give a single shit about the stealth and will quite happily attack the stealthed unit (killed my baron and lost me the game)

• GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    After continuing to play Mage for the past couple weeks after the nerfs, I'm not feeling a huge hit to the power level of the deck. Magister Dawngrasp still feels strong, but fair. The battlecry value matters more, and the hero power isn't busted, but still good. It's very easy find yourself with a 6-damage hero power.

The Sanctum means I have to be a little more conservative with my freeze effects. But honestly? I almost never finish games with KT, and the deck probably works fine without him. I'd guess the "big" mage version is still the better mage deck out there right now. I'd craft it if I had the resources to spend on more mage cards.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
    Beasteh wrote: »
    I found an annoying interaction in BGs

Theotars Parasol quest reward gives a minion +8 health and stealth at end of turn

Zapp Slywick doesn't give a single shit about the stealth and will quite happily attack the stealthed unit (killed my baron and lost me the game)
    Definitely one of those Immovable Object/Unstoppable Force situations. I also thought stealth would protect against Zapp, but nope.

• rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    I think the only thing stealth ever did was prevent players from targeting the minion. Anything that targets or attacks on its own can hit stealth just fine.

Well all minions in BGs attack on their own, so...

• rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    Well all minions in BGs attack on their own, so...

Fair enough. :p Just commenting how it works in "main" hearthstone, rules should probably differ for battlegrounds.

Heroic Wild Brawliseum is this week, for the 0-1 people here who might be interested in that.

• GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Heroic Wild Brawliseum is this week, for the 0-1 people here who might be interested in that.

Oh. Good that I got a "Win 2 Tavern Brawls" quest yesterday. :|

• GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Anyone else seeing that their journal is marked with an exclamation point, like you have a quest reward or achievement to claim, but there's nothing actually there? I've had this since the last balance patch and I can't figure out why. Not sure if it's a bug or something I'm missing. Spoilered for huge:
    8x0n8lvsbk4b.png

sftq0a1tlpb7.jpeg

• antheremantherem Registered User regular
    Friendly reminder that Heroic Brawliseum is a gold sink scam, you need 6 wins to make back the 1000 gold investment and 95% of participants don't make it to 6 wins.
    Anyone else seeing that their journal is marked with an exclamation point, like you have a quest reward or achievement to claim, but there's nothing actually there? I've had this since the last balance patch and I can't figure out why. Not sure if it's a bug or something I'm missing. Spoilered for huge:
    8x0n8lvsbk4b.png

sftq0a1tlpb7.jpeg

Yeah, it's a known bug.
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/hearthstone/t/242-known-issues/93860

• ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    It’s a returning big too, happened for a few weeks/months during the past year.

Sadly 3-4 shop pop ups every week that fuck up you trying to actually play the game are not bugs.

• ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Man I've played a lot of battlegrounds since the patch and I have never seen that, for either me or as something any of the other participants picked.

It shows up only if every single person in the lobby picks a hero with a Buddy. Note that since Elise changed, her buddy is gone, so she’s not one of the applicable heroes.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Man I've played a lot of battlegrounds since the patch and I have never seen that, for either me or as something any of the other participants picked.

It shows up only if every single person in the lobby picks a hero with a Buddy. Note that since Elise changed, her buddy is gone, so she’s not one of the applicable heroes.

And even then it only has a 1% chance to show up in that lobby

• ani_game_bumani_game_bum Optimistic, Rule-Breaking Nice Guy The Final World/DestinationRegistered User regular
    edited September 2022
    Woof, finally got my BG 1st Place to get the special quest reward. Spoilered for big:
    6ZKMe9q.jpg

For the record, Glory of Combat passive and Turn 4 quest reward was Ghastly Mask (Get 'Famished Felbat'; EoT effects trigger twice)

Funny thing is my last 1st place win was for the previous Top 4 win special quest. Like, are we that stickler of giving away freebies that you couldn't have counted that 1st place win for both quests? :rotate:

ani_game_bum on
    steam_sig.pngPSN: ani_game_bum Battle.net ID: Anigamebum#1354 Genshin UID: 660694297 Switch FC: SW-2127-8288-6505 Steam Wishlist
    edited September 2022
    I don't think I ever had more second place finishes when actually trying in BGs than when I was attempting to complete that last quest.

forty on
    edited September 2022
    forty on
    Oh looks like Iksar (Hearthstone Game Director) left Blizzard.

• Airking850Airking850 Ottawa, ONRegistered User regular
    Mini set next Tuesday! Who's ready to add Sylvanus to their Brann/Theotar/Denathrius/Renethal package, and to die in spectacular ways trying to make The Jailer work?

(Me)

(Just kidding, I'm 700 gold short due to poor planning)

If you do all your dailies/weeklies, you should be able to make 700g in a little over a week (well, depending on if you still have any weeklies/dailies left you can do right now).

• The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    The legal puns and flavor of the mini-set reveals have been pretty good so far.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Oh looks like Iksar (Hearthstone Game Director) left Blizzard.

Design director for League of Legends now

liEt3nH.png
    edited September 2022
    That was quick. Guess he had that lined up before he left!

Edit: 1 2 mana card on turn 2 for a 1/1 and 5/4 is some real bullshit.

forty on
    edited September 2022
    il2e1fgycy4g.png
    ro9v18demy8q.png
    vvwwvee3xjc1.png
    11j8ssuqlhki.png

Oh, and the tradition of the mini-set Epic being garbage continues!
    jmeqrjjh1dvq.png

forty on
  • ani_game_bumani_game_bum Optimistic, Rule-Breaking Nice Guy The Final World/DestinationRegistered User regular
    Made Diamond for the first time ever in Wild; Rogue Pirate with some deviations from the typical net Legends decks:
    ### PirateRogue

# Class: Rogue
    # Format: Wild
    #
    # 2x (1) Buccaneer
    # 2x (1) Filletfighter
    # 2x (1) Prize Plunderer
    # 2x (1) Southsea Deckhand
    # 2x (2) Cavern Shinyfinder
    # 2x (2) Parachute Brigand
    # 2x (2) Ship's Cannon
    # 2x (3) Cutlass Courier
    # 1x (3) Pufferfist
    # 1x (3) Rustrot Viper
    # 2x (3) Southsea Captain
    # 2x (3) Swordfish
    # 2x (4) Dread Corsair
    # 1x (4) Smothering Starfish
    # 1x (5) Captain Greenskin
    # 2x (5) Cutting Class
    # 1x (7) Mr. Smite
    # 1x (8) Pirate Admiral Hooktusk
    #
    AAEBAYO6AgbIA9D5A7+ABIqwBI21BK+2BAzUBe4G+w/l0QLpsAP31APz3QOvoASKyQT90wSY2wSa2wQA
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

- Don't have Patches but did have Hooktusk; better late game options
    - Don't have Secret Passage (Card draw never really was an issue with Cutting Class & Courier); added Southsea Captain x2
    - Opted for Rustrot and Starfish instead of Frenzied Felwing x2
    - Just one Pufferfist to add Greenskin for some mid-game beef and power-up a Swordfish (and luckily a Buccaneer boost, too)

Took a few attempts to get over the hump; got lucky on the deciding match when the opposing player (Hunter) played a Turn 3 Dirty Rat and summoned my Hooktusk out and they didn't have an answer for it :sweat_smile:

Will try to see how far I can go but it sounds like Rogue Pirate is dropping off so this will probably be my best showing for a while.

steam_sig.pngPSN: ani_game_bum Battle.net ID: Anigamebum#1354 Genshin UID: 660694297 Switch FC: SW-2127-8288-6505 Steam Wishlist
  • Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Made Diamond for the first time ever in Wild; Rogue Pirate with some deviations from the typical net Legends decks:
    ### PirateRogue

# Class: Rogue
    # Format: Wild
    #
    # 2x (1) Buccaneer
    # 2x (1) Filletfighter
    # 2x (1) Prize Plunderer
    # 2x (1) Southsea Deckhand
    # 2x (2) Cavern Shinyfinder
    # 2x (2) Parachute Brigand
    # 2x (2) Ship's Cannon
    # 2x (3) Cutlass Courier
    # 1x (3) Pufferfist
    # 1x (3) Rustrot Viper
    # 2x (3) Southsea Captain
    # 2x (3) Swordfish
    # 2x (4) Dread Corsair
    # 1x (4) Smothering Starfish
    # 1x (5) Captain Greenskin
    # 2x (5) Cutting Class
    # 1x (7) Mr. Smite
    # 1x (8) Pirate Admiral Hooktusk
    #
    AAEBAYO6AgbIA9D5A7+ABIqwBI21BK+2BAzUBe4G+w/l0QLpsAP31APz3QOvoASKyQT90wSY2wSa2wQA
    #

- Don't have Patches but did have Hooktusk; better late game options
    - Don't have Secret Passage (Card draw never really was an issue with Cutting Class & Courier); added Southsea Captain x2
    - Opted for Rustrot and Starfish instead of Frenzied Felwing x2
    - Just one Pufferfist to add Greenskin for some mid-game beef and power-up a Swordfish (and luckily a Buccaneer boost, too)

Took a few attempts to get over the hump; got lucky on the deciding match when the opposing player (Hunter) played a Turn 3 Dirty Rat and summoned my Hooktusk out and they didn't have an answer for it :sweat_smile:

Will try to see how far I can go but it sounds like Rogue Pirate is dropping off so this will probably be my best showing for a while.

As a fellow recent first-time Diamond'er, welcome! I used a combo of Big Priest (I know) and a variant of that Pirate Rogue to make my climb. Have topped out at Diamond 7, now at Diamond 8. Hoping to make it to Dad Legend by EOM but not looking likely.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
    edited September 2022
    I made a stupid secret control mage and I don't know that it's particularly good but boy it sure seems to cause people problems. The new mage secret, if played at the right time, is absolutely back-breaking. Minions do not get their battlecries and it's just a humongous tempo hit. It's hilarious watching people throw down their colossal minions, watch them vanish, and then immediately concede.

GoodKingJayIII on
    Yeah, playing against generated Mage secrets (which not just Mages can get) is going to be super annoying for the next year and a half because you have to deal with the possibility of both Counterspell and Counterminion.

• AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    edited September 2022
    My god I stole all of those.

Screenshot-20220928-110738.png

Alphagaia on
    Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
    Here I go again crafting mediocre to bad legendaries for a mediocre to bad pet deck!