As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] Wizzing Toys for Everyone

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    What can I do to spruce up this deck?

### Big Fellas
    # Class: Warrior
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Gryphon
    #
    # 1x (0) Provoke
    # 2x (1) Athletic Studies
    # 2x (1) Sword and Board
    # 1x (2) Frozen Buckler
    # 1x (2) Minefield
    # 1x (3) Bladestorm
    # 2x (3) Coerce
    # 2x (3) Heavy Plate
    # 2x (4) Barricade
    # 2x (5) Brawl
    # 1x (5) Moonfang
    # 2x (6) Cowardly Grunt
    # 2x (7) Commencement
    # 1x (7) Lothar
    # 1x (7) Rokara, the Valorous
    # 1x (8) Abominable Lieutenant
    # 2x (8) Troublemaker
    # 1x (9) Rattlegore
    # 1x (10) Lokholar the Ice Lord
    # 1x (10) Scrapyard Colossus

• DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    OSNccPW.png

Holy FUCK LICH BAZ'HIAL IS GOD TIER NOW

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    I wouldn't say god tier, since she's pretty dependent on nabbing wrath weaver and demons, but if you do, her buddy pretty much makes her a guaranteed top 3.

emnmnme wrote: »

### Big Fellas
    # Year of the Gryphon
    #
    # 1x (0) Provoke
    # 2x (1) Sword and Board
    # 1x (2) Frozen Buckler
    # 1x (2) Minefield
    # 1x (3) Bladestorm
    # 2x (3) Coerce
    # 2x (3) Heavy Plate
    # 2x (4) Barricade
    # 2x (5) Brawl
    # 1x (5) Moonfang
    # 2x (6) Cowardly Grunt
    # 2x (7) Commencement
    # 1x (7) Lothar
    # 2x (8) Troublemaker
    # 1x (9) Rattlegore
    Bulwark is kind of a must for slow Warrior decks, but if you don't have it, it's not really worth crafting now since it rotates in a couple months.

Lothar is a great pick for the deck because every time I play him, the opponent examines him because no one knows what he does.

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    this deck is doing well for me in mid legend

### Beast
    # Class: Druid
    # Year of the Gryphon
    #
    # 2x (1) Adorable Infestation
    # 2x (1) Druid of the Reef
    # 1x (1) Ivus, the Forest Lord
    # 2x (1) Nature Studies
    # 2x (2) Composting
    # 2x (2) Living Seed (Rank 1)
    # 2x (2) Lunar Eclipse
    # 2x (2) Moonlit Guidance
    # 2x (2) Thorngrowth Sentries
    # 2x (3) Frostwolf Kennels
    # 2x (3) Oracle of Elune
    # 1x (3) Speaker Gidra
    # 1x (4) Kazakus, Golem Shaper
    # 2x (5) Arbor Up
    # 1x (5) Wildheart Guff
    # 2x (7) Frostsaber Matriarch
    # 2x (7) Umbral Owl
    #
    AAECAbSKAwT1zgP86AOJiwTxpAQNm84DudIDieADleADjOQDrewDtuwDyfUDgfcDrIAEr4AE56QEuL4EAA==
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

lots of bullshit potential, mostly revolving around oracle swings

Does the oracle double up Ivus?

It does yeah

• The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    This patch has been pretty questionable for Wild. Pirate Warrior seems to be the sole king of the format at the moment, they probably needed to hit something else/additional like Ship's Cannon or Parachute Brigand.

Hopefully some anti-pirate control decks can pop up now that not they're not getting comboed out by Hunter and Mage.
    forty wrote: »

### Big Fellas
    # Year of the Gryphon
    #
    # 1x (0) Provoke
    # 2x (1) Sword and Board
    # 1x (2) Frozen Buckler
    # 1x (2) Minefield
    # 1x (3) Bladestorm
    # 2x (3) Coerce
    # 2x (3) Heavy Plate
    # 2x (4) Barricade
    # 2x (5) Brawl
    # 1x (5) Moonfang
    # 2x (6) Cowardly Grunt
    # 2x (7) Commencement
    # 1x (7) Lothar
    # 2x (8) Troublemaker
    # 1x (9) Rattlegore
    Bulwark is kind of a must for slow Warrior decks, but if you don't have it, it's not really worth crafting now since it rotates in a couple months.

I don't have Bulwark, Rattlegore, or a Buckler, but I added a Ceremonial Maul, a Clockwork Giant, and Vanndar because everything's north 4 anyway, so why not? It's been fun to play!
    Lothar is a great pick for the deck because every time I play him, the opponent examines him because no one knows what he does.

Last game, I rolled Studies into the 6/3 Mech that draws a minion and gives it 3/3 and THAT hit Lothar on curve and the card was indeed highlighted for a good five seconds.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    the buddy also doubles/triples the effectiveness of ragnaros' own end of turn effect, so you get some benefit even if you don't run any of them. There's also lightfang, bannerboar, that pirate guy who gives you money, etc. It still kinda has the same problem it had before though, which is that it doesn't help you at all until his hero power is online and you're often far behind by then.

now cookie, there's a hero with a broken buddy. Even in games where it doesn't feel like I particular highroll just forcing dragons and going tarec/promo from tavern 4 is pretty dang reliable

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i've played multiple games with cookie and only just now learned HE CAN TARGET THE SHOP WITH HIS POWER? WHAT THE FUCK

liEt3nH.png
  • Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    i've played multiple games with cookie and only just now learned HE CAN TARGET THE SHOP WITH HIS POWER? WHAT THE FUCK

Yeah that's kind of the point of that hero...
    the buddy also doubles/triples the effectiveness of ragnaros' own end of turn effect, so you get some benefit even if you don't run any of them. There's also lightfang, bannerboar, that pirate guy who gives you money, etc. It still kinda has the same problem it had before though, which is that it doesn't help you at all until his hero power is online and you're often far behind by then.

Also goldgrubber. Also, people are staying on 1 and buying tokens and deathrattle/reborn stuff in avenge-friendly lobbies (demons/elementals) a lot these days, which makes getting Rag's hero power online a lot easier than it used to be. Rag feels like a solid choice in those kinds of lobbies.

I was already winning with him when I thought you just fed him the battlecry buffers of your creature type! He's already good there! And he can just, SLURP UP THE SHOP???

liEt3nH.png
    The lack of "friendly" before "minion" is usually a good indicator of that.

• DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Boy, Wild legend is not happening for me this month. I got up to Diamond 1 + 2 stars, and since then have had a steady downward slide to Diamond 4 + 2 stars. Stuck with one deck for a while, switched decks a few times, same results: Can't make forward progress.

• KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Brukan is so strong in BG. Carried to a first place and my team wasn’t even that good. Predict his hero power gets changed to 1 mana.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
    Bru'kan is good but I don't think he's in nerf territory yet. Now Tavish, that dude, is asking for a nerf.

• sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    Lich king needs a buff because arfus is currently a good boy but should be the best boy.

• KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Bru'kan is good but I don't think he's in nerf territory yet. Now Tavish, that dude, is asking for a nerf.

Yea think that’s the buddy. Needs to be like half the damage rounding up or something.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
    https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/news/23769124/22-2-1-patch-notes

few quick battlegrounds patch notes

tarecgosa goes up a rank, drakonid enforcer comes down a rank, milificent's buddy slowed down

liEt3nH.png
    That bomb squirrel is dumb as shit too, but I'm surprised that's the only hero nerf.

Tarecgosa tangentially nerfs some heroes like Illidan but probably not by much.

• GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Would be nice if they had a way to put hotfixes like this in some news thingy ingame, but what can you do.

I don't think Tarecgosa was still that good, but I haven't played enough to know for sure. It was very strong with shooty crab hero, but that could have been solved on his side?
    Mech squirrel was clearly too good, I agree with the nerf. Move Spirit Raptor to 3, while we're at it, it's crazy strong in the midgame. Might be balanced by the fact that it then drops off.

I'd also like them to look at animations again, because some of the new buddies are terrible. (I played against a Secrets guy with parrot and spent ages watching secrets come and go). Every new BG content patch they introduce some long animations, you'd think they would learn from it at some point. At least this time they increased the turn timer.

some ridiculously degenerate decks in standard right now

cheap burn shaman deck thats entirely draw and mana cheat, with landslides and lightning storms to murder all the beast druids

i even lost to a fucking control warrior earlier, their deck was 100% armor and removal

how much play do you think they thought Honorable Kill cards would get

liEt3nH.png
    As much as Overkill.

• DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    how much play do you think they thought Honorable Kill cards would get

Team 5: what a cool new mechanic, honorable kill, i bet this will get players to build new and interesting decks that utilize this to their full potential, we saw a lot of promise in our internal playtesting

Players: these are hot garbage, no thanks

Team 5: surprisedpikachu.jpg

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
    "ah, excellent, another board-based minion combat mechanic, the way the game is played"

liEt3nH.png
    dunking on most matchups with this deck

### Burn
    # Class: Shaman
    # Year of the Gryphon
    #
    # 2x (0) Lightning Bloom
    # 2x (1) Lightning Bolt
    # 2x (1) Novice Zapper
    # 2x (1) Overdraft
    # 2x (1) Primordial Studies
    # 2x (1) Windchill
    # 2x (2) Frostbite
    # 2x (2) Landslide
    # 2x (2) Sleetbreaker
    # 2x (3) Brilliant Macaw
    # 1x (3) Rustrot Viper
    # 2x (3) Serpentshrine Portal
    # 2x (4) Multicaster
    # 2x (4) Wildpaw Cavern
    # 2x (6) Snowfall Guardian
    # 1x (8) Bru'kan of the Elements
    #
    AAECAZu1AwLQ+QPDkQQO27gDzc4D8NQDieQD6ucDhfoD04AEqIEEuZEE+ZEElZIE3JIE25QE+Z8EAA==
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

it rewards careful management of overload and calculating lethal across multiple turns

edited February 2022
    oof (via reddit):
    57nyy1qauhe81.jpg

forty on
    edited February 2022
    ragnaros' buddy is so weird. 'your end of turn effects trigger twice!' how many are you possibly gonna have in a comp. MAYBE you can have a dragon comp with scalebane and razorgore?
    Unexpected interaction I just saw: you get double (triple with golden) Bananas from Mukkla with Ragnaros' buddy.

forty on
    while the injection of buddies added some brief novelty it's really emphasized to me how much battlegrounds just needs new units and unit types waaaaaaaaaay more often than they get

liEt3nH.png
    https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/news/23762270/22-2-2-patch-notes

speaking of, here's a bunch of buddy changes

liEt3nH.png
    These changes are all over the place. Many buddies are nerfed to a tier higher, even ones, where I'd have called the hero trash. And then you have like Scabbs, who was still fine, but not op anymore, and he gets buffed.

Overall, the power level should go down a bit?

edited February 2022
    A crazy thing I saw on Dog's stream this morning.
    1. Be in a BG match that has Quilboars but no Beasts.
    2. Be T6 and get a Hamuul.
    3. Sell all non-tribe minions while having an Agamaggan (the gem buffing piggy) on board.
    4. Hamuul will fill the shop with nothing but Agamaggans and Amalgadons.
    Archdruid Hamuul has been removed from the minion pool.
    RIP, good thing he got that game in when he did!

forty on
    Grobian wrote: »
    These changes are all over the place. Many buddies are nerfed to a tier higher, even ones, where I'd have called the hero trash. And then you have like Scabbs, who was still fine, but not op anymore, and he gets buffed.

By the stats available, Scabbs is subpar, so buffing him some is probably fine? I haven't looked at all the changes yet, but who would you say is trash that got nerfed?

By the stats available, Scabbs is subpar, so buffing him some is probably fine? I haven't looked at all the changes yet, but who would you say is trash that got nerfed?

There are some, where I'm prob going against the stats, like Xyrella or Ysera. I realize they are strong, but that has nothing to do with their buddy and imo won't get changed by changing the buddy.

Then there are Flurgl and Deryl, who, to be fair, only get stat nerfs.

I think the worst offender might be Lich King, who I only thought to be clunky (space issues always) and not good at all. If anything, he's just a symptom of reborn maexxnas and that's a whole other problem.

edited February 2022
    newsflash: eles are still borderline broken

xf8a93zu9ma6.png

opponent valiantly tried to scam me with a bunch of reborn maexxnas but didn't quite get there, he would have won with a ghoul

Beasteh on
  • Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Have been playing since the beta and NEVER had a pack opening like this. Wondering if Blizzard plants these sorts of rare packs in like a 1:10,000 type fashion or if each individual card happened to high roll for the golden version:

3dmrucwsqimm.png

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
    Idx86 wrote: »
    Have been playing since the beta and NEVER had a pack opening like this. Wondering if Blizzard plants these sorts of rare packs in like a 1:10,000 type fashion or if each individual card happened to high roll for the golden version:

3dmrucwsqimm.png
    Isn't that just from opening the golden pack they gave you for the end of the Lunar New Year quest chain?

• Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular

There are some, where I'm prob going against the stats, like Xyrella or Ysera. I realize they are strong, but that has nothing to do with their buddy and imo won't get changed by changing the buddy.

Then there are Flurgl and Deryl, who, to be fair, only get stat nerfs.

I think the worst offender might be Lich King, who I only thought to be clunky (space issues always) and not good at all. If anything, he's just a symptom of reborn maexxnas and that's a whole other problem.

Xyerlla's buddy is actually really really good. It's a huge pile of stats and great tempo for most of the game.