As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] Wizzing Toys for Everyone

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Imp warlock is absolutely ridiculous, I was facing down 3 1/1s and a 6/6 on turn 3 which is completely fair and balanced

That location needs an immediate nerf

• AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    Let's wait the usual time for the meta to settle before we start wishing for nerfs, as I feel there are plenty of answers for that board.

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
    edited August 2022
    9/9 worth of stats on turn 3? the hell kind of meta are you used to?

PS did you know that convoke the spirits can cast convoke the spirits? because I just cast 23 druid spells in a single turn

Seems like that should probably be looked at

Beasteh on
    Look, all I know is that I dealt with (big) boards of Imp Warlock, even early on. It depends on matchup, if you can put on some early pressure and if you have answers. A 6/6 should be easy for quite a few matchups. Especially if you can silence it, fireball it, transform it, make it a 1/1, dealt with the smaller demons, etc.

I don't know what kind of deck you are playing, what cards you had etc.

See my profile here!
  • The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    But if we can't make iron-clad judgements on nerfs in the first 24 hours of play in a new release, are we really playing Hearthstone?

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    9/9 worth of stats on turn 3? the hell kind of meta are you used to?
    Murloc Shaman has been capable of doing similar with Clownfish since Sunken Sea.

• GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I'm thinking about getting some Nathria packs. There are two bundles I'm looking at

- 12 Nathria packs, a golden legendary from Nathria, and a new "prime suspect." $40
    - 2 random legendaries from Nathria, 10 Nathria packs, 10 Standard packs. $20

Isn't the second bundle like... better in every way? What am I missing here that the one with more value is half the price?

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Exploding Skeleton Mage deck is a pain in the ass.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
    I'm thinking about getting some Nathria packs. There are two bundles I'm looking at

- 12 Nathria packs, a golden legendary from Nathria, and a new "prime suspect." $40
    - 2 random legendaries from Nathria, 10 Nathria packs, 10 Standard packs. $20

Isn't the second bundle like... better in every way? What am I missing here that the one with more value is half the price?
    I think you're missing that the markup for anything golden is ridiculous. That top one is a total ripoff and meant for golden whales.

• DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    If you don't care about the goldness of a card, a golden legendary can be dusted and crafted into a legendary of your choice, so I guess that's one difference? The bottom bundle gets you two random legendaries, the top one gets you a legendary of your choice? Not sure what the "prime suspect" there refers to; is it one of the class legendaries for the new expansion?

Yeah, the 10 prime suspects are the class legendaries that are the characters from the "story" of the expansion that are suspects in the "murder" of Denathrius. I'm not sure if their overall evaluation is better than the overall evaluation of all legendaries from the set, but you might as well just think of it as a random Nathria legendary.

You're basically paying 20 bucks for a golden legendary (one legendary of your choice) in place of a random legendary, which I would consider a bad deal when you can get about 20 packs for 20 bucks if you do want to spend that much money.

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Buy the bottom one twice, 4 random legendaries + EV of 2 more random legendaries. Worst case dust 4 to craft a chosen one, gain maybe 2 of the better random legendaries and 20 expansion packs vs 12 and a random legendary

I thought you could only buy a bundle once.

forty wrote: »
    I thought you could only buy a bundle once.

These bundles do rank up, giving you more cards, but I'm not sure if the price stays the same though.

See my profile here!
    Sire Denathrius in Druid games of anything approaching double-digit turns is a bit of a problem.

See also: Shaman.

See also: Warlock.

you're going to learn to hate this deck

### Nathria
    # Class: Druid
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Hydra
    #
    # 2x (0) Aquatic Form
    # 2x (0) Innervate
    # 2x (1) Dozing Kelpkeeper
    # 2x (1) Druid of the Reef
    # 2x (1) Living Roots
    # 2x (1) Planted Evidence
    # 2x (2) Capture Coldtooth Mine
    # 2x (2) Jerry Rig Carpenter
    # 2x (2) Moonlit Guidance
    # 2x (2) Natural Causes
    # 1x (3) Brann Bronzebeard
    # 1x (3) Prince Renathal
    # 2x (3) Wild Growth
    # 2x (4) Widowbloom Seedsman
    # 2x (5) Flipper Friends
    # 2x (5) Nourish
    # 1x (5) Wildheart Guff
    # 1x (6) Kael'thas Sinstrider
    # 2x (7) Scale of Onyxia
    # 1x (7) Topior the Shrubbagazzor
    # 2x (8) Miracle Growth
    # 2x (9) Insatiable Devourer
    # 1x (10) Sire Denathrius
    #
    AAECAbr5AwaJiwTp0ASY1ATv3gSX7wS+8AQRrIAEr4AEsIAEiZ8Erp8E2p8EsKUEz6wE9r0E/70E8L8ErsAEgdQEst0E1t4Ewd8E4O0EAA==
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

brann + denathrius feels like cheating

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    If I'm the only one bold enough to say it, I'll say it: that platinum Murloc Holmes card is unsettling.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    some of the artists make murlocs really fuckin gross

liEt3nH.png
  • RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    Murlocs are really fuckin gross

969087eg9a2m.jpg

• YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Implock and Renathal Quest Hunter seem head and shoulders above everything else at this stage of refinement.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
    Yilias wrote: »
    Implock and Renathal Quest Hunter seem head and shoulders above everything else at this stage of refinement.

I faced a Rogue this evening who plopped down that graveyard deathrattle thing. On turn 5, they used the naga who reduces spell costs to zero and the Draw 5 card. Their side of the board instantly had two 8/8s with rush and two 5/8s with taunt.

Implock is strong for sure. Of course it's Zoo(ish), and Zoo tends to thrive in early meta jank.

Not saying it won't ever be deserving of a nerf, but it's mostly an auto-build deck that is going to be at its best in the first week of an expansion. In general though it's good to have decks that can pound down Druids before they get to do all their turn 7 10+ mana nonsense.

To counter big boards and death rattles, I decided to make my own big boards. Turn 3 10/10 life gain anyone?

### Evolved State
    # Class: Shaman
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Hydra
    #
    # 2x (1) Convincing Disguise
    # 2x (1) Muck Pools
    # 2x (1) Schooling
    # 2x (2) Amalgam of the Deep
    # 1x (2) Bolner Hammerbeak
    # 1x (2) Sleetbreaker
    # 2x (3) Brilliant Macaw
    # 2x (3) Clownfish
    # 1x (3) Cookie the Cook
    # 1x (3) Primordial Wave
    # 1x (4) Baroness Vashj
    # 2x (4) Crud Caretaker
    # 2x (4) Wildpaw Cavern
    # 2x (5) Gorloc Ravager
    # 2x (6) Snowfall Guardian
    # 2x (6) Tiny Toys
    # 1x (8) Bru'kan of the Elements
    # 2x (10) Goldshire Gnoll
    #
    AAECAdrGBAaG+gOkgQTDkQSVkgS22QS52QQM4/YDxvkD04AEuZEE25QE1bIE4LUEssEExc4Er9kEtdkE9NwEAA==
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

See my profile here!
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Yilias wrote: »

I faced a Rogue this evening who plopped down that graveyard deathrattle thing. On turn 5, they used the naga who reduces spell costs to zero and the Draw 5 card. Their side of the board instantly had two 8/8s with rush and two 5/8s with taunt.
    Smokescreen Deathrattle rogue is a highroll deck. Some games it does that and it's almost an instant win. Other games it Smokescreens into a handful of spells (or doesn't get the combo in the first place) and just gets beaten down.

The way this meta is evolving I feel either a control paladin or Shaman with Mutanus and the Mad Duke will reign supreme.

See my profile here!
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »

race of vampires in the plane of death

liEt3nH.png
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Been playing Skeleton mage and having a lot of fun with it. One thing I've noticed is that it seems to struggle against paladins. The minions in their hand get so big it is incredibly hard to remove them easily.

I am not running the optimal version of this deck. I've put this together with cards that I have + the key ones from Nathria. There are definitely others that would make the deck much better, but I don't have them yet. But for now, that's the class I struggle against most.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
    Ugh, I got Murloc Holmes as my level 20 track legendary. :(

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    Vampires but like, vampires who pretend they care about you

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    It's important to make the distinction between the vampires in the afterlife (venthyr) and the vampires in the regularlife (San'layn; the vrykul vampyr), because otherwise you will fail the final exam of my Vampirology of the Realms course.

So free legendary? Or has the window on that one passed?

See my profile here!
    Alphagaia wrote: »

So free legendary? Or has the window on that one passed?
    Nope, it's just regular-ass Holmes. 400 dust.

• Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    There's like 6 decks I want to play and I have all but one or two (usually 1x legendary and 1 -2 epics). Only 1500 dust on hand right now. Just keep buying packs to load up on anything that might get nerfed so I can make my moves.

I have to assume Kael'thas is a must craft though for a lot of these emerging decks.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I've been tweaking and refining a Renathal Relic Quest DH deck that is starting to perform really solid in the current meta. Its got the ability to kill early game minions, then staying power with lots of life steal, and a really heavy top end with all the Relics and/or Jace. I've been able to survive Dena Druids by just having a ton of fat bodies on the board the turn they drop it and then going face with Jace. The draw is absurd and I think having 40 cards helps offset the usual problem with the DH quest of not having a deck once the quest is complete. That being said, the real value of the Quest is reducing the cost of cards on step completion. That combined with the draw relic has created some real nutty turns.

Played around with imp warlock

If you can get your location card early you will have a hard time losing especially against druids who ramp and don't answer your board until you smack them for lethal with a 15+ attack imp gang boss

Deck is fairly straightforward to play and has a lot of high roll potential

What card destroys locations? What card destroys secrets besides that SI:7 chick?