As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] Wizzing Toys for Everyone

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    Tavern pass resets with each full expansion (not mini-set). So once every ~4 months.

Awesome. So in that time period, if I do not by the Tavern Pass, and play regularly (say, ~4 games a day), what's the likelihood I'll get to Level 100?

If you do your dailies, you can make it with time to spare.

• YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Infuse cards, like Corrupted or Rank cards, become new objects as they upgrade.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited August 2022
    lwt1973 wrote: »

Meanwhile, I'm over here like

vo1jkx1df287.png

nice

ObiFett on
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Tavern pass resets with each full expansion (not mini-set). So once every ~4 months.

Awesome. So in that time period, if I do not by the Tavern Pass, and play regularly (say, ~4 games a day), what's the likelihood I'll get to Level 100?

If you do your dailies, you can make it with time to spare.
    It's pretty easy to hit 100 over the course of an expansion if you're diligent about knocking out dailies/weeklies. If you play 4 games a day, you should be more than fine, as long as you're playing decks that progress your quests (reroll any quests that you're not likely to finish playing whatever content you do).

If you never miss a quest, you'll easily get there in less than 3 months. Even if you miss quests here and there, you're still getting some XP from just playing games. As long as you play regularly it's really easy to do. It's only a problem if you just don't play for like a month or more.

Edit: As an example, if I don't miss any quests, I usually hit 100 about 2 months and change into the expansion if I'm playing a decent amount beyond just doing dailies.

forty on
    edited August 2022
    Yilias wrote: »
    Infuse cards, like Corrupted or Rank cards, become new objects as they upgrade.
    Which is annoying for trying to play cards quickly, I've noticed.

Edit: That does make me wonder how Denathrius is setup in the spaghetti. Are there 100+ slightly different Denathrius cards? It implies that there might technically be a cap to Denathrius if they didn't go far enough.

forty on
    It's not related to the new expansion, but I just found out about the new Battlegrounds Ysera Chromawing strat and it's pretty funny. They redesigned Chromawing because it had balance issues. And now the new version makes Ysera broken.

On hsreplay she's got a 50%+ first/second finish rate. Whoops!
    A little over a week later and Ysera's win rate has only gotten crazier (as I assume more people are using her degenerate strategy):

d7hhigtcuw0b.png

Over 60% 1st/2nd place finish rate. Only ~12%ish bottom 4 rate. This might be the most busted a hero has ever been in BGs? I don't think the other worst offenders (OG Rag, overbuffed Wagtoggle, etc.) ever got quite this high, but maybe I'm forgetting one.

Just had an opponent play a Brann+Denathrius with 30 infusions and I still had 33 health by the end of the turn. LO-fucking-L

First VS of the set is up: https://www.vicioussyndicate.com/vs-data-reaper-report-238/

The top of the tier list is more balanced than I expected. There are however a truly impressive amount of trash decks, RIP DH & Warrior:

6UMkI4U.png

It's crazy that 3 different Hunter archetypes are T1.

Overall though, T1 looks pretty much just like I expected, and those are the classes I figured (and still do assume) would get nerfed whenever we have a balance patch.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    quest hunter one of the most reliable crafts of all time

liEt3nH.png
  • ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    I got this Wild Deathrattle Rogue deck off Reddit. It has no Legendaries, no Epics. It’s all Common and Rare. And it’s hilarious.

Deathrattle Rogue

2x (1) Door of Shadows
    2x (1) Goblin Bomb
    2x (1) Leper Gnome
    2x (2) Kobold Sandtrooper
    2x (2) Naval Mine
    2x (2) Unstable Ghoul
    1x (3) Crushclaw Enforcer
    2x (3) Necrium Blade
    1x (3) Snowfall Graveyard
    2x (4) Kobold Illusionist
    2x (4) Swiftscale Trickster
    2x (5) Abomination
    2x (6) Masked Reveler
    2x (7) Humongous Owl
    2x (7) Tunnel Blaster
    2x (8) Smokescreen

Code : AAEBAYaSBAL8pQSEsgQOuAOSBZAO8OYC3fUC3voCgaAD86cD15IE/awEiLAE1bYE9N0Ey+0EAA==

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    It’s funny that everyone was freaking out about freeze skeleton mage but it’s like t3, and the good mage deck is still big spell mage with almost none of the new cards.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    Honestly, the new meta decks are heavily carried by overpowered location cards that have basically no counterplay since the single hate card they made is pretty weak. The shaman, warlock, and priest matchups often feel like night and day based on if they played their location on curve or not. Cards like Imp King Rafaam and Denathrius almost mandating deck slots for Theotar and Mutanis whenever possible feels pretty awful too, and even worse is when the RNG whiffs anyway.

Can't say I'm a fan. Honestly came close to uninstalling entirely after about the third time a warlock dropped Rafaam on curve, where the only answer seems to be "play a freeze capable class" or, well...uninstall. Remember when Doomguard was considered an OP card?

It’s funny that everyone was freaking out about freeze skeleton mage but it’s like t3, and the good mage deck is still big spell mage with almost none of the new cards.

Skeleton mage carried me to Platinum 10 but now it seems players at this level have wised up.

People were freaking out about Skeleton Mage?

The skeleton stuff feels closer to the level of a synergistic arena deck than it does a constructed powerhouse

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Skelly mage feels awful when you draw all your high cost garbage and whiff on wildfire and reckless apprentice vs aggro

Honestly, the new meta decks are heavily carried by overpowered location cards that have basically no counterplay since the single hate card they made is pretty weak. The shaman, warlock, and priest matchups often feel like night and day based on if they played their location on curve or not. Cards like Imp King Rafaam and Denathrius almost mandating deck slots for Theotar and Mutanis whenever possible feels pretty awful too, and even worse is when the RNG whiffs anyway.

Can't say I'm a fan. Honestly came close to uninstalling entirely after about the third time a warlock dropped Rafaam on curve, where the only answer seems to be "play a freeze capable class" or, well...uninstall. Remember when Doomguard was considered an OP card?

Yeah, it's not a fun meta right now

edited August 2022
    Looks like Celestial Alignment nerf #2 is on the way next week (I assume)!

Edit: I mean unless he regularly does red herring posts. I don't follow him so I don't know what his MO is.

forty on
    I predict ... CA makes all cards cost 1 mana but both players start the next turn with 5 mana crystals instead of 1.

The rumored leak is that it only affects the Druid, so their opponent isn't locked out.

There's actually several rumors from the KR server but they're not verifiable, and several of them look weird.

there's honestly just not that many angles to nerf CA on due to its design. i think druid only is the best way to keep the flavour of the card going while removing its oppressiveness as a wincon

liEt3nH.png
    edited August 2022
    Druid only would be fine. Basically just turns it into a Druid variant of Luna's Pocket Galaxy.

It's not an oppressive card right now so it would clearly be a "feels" nerf, and it definitely feels horrible for certain decks to basically just have their entire game plan become unplayable for 5+ turns (in the rare case the game goes that long). Probably kills the card, but oh well, we've seen it enough by now. Maybe they'd revert the mana nerf to compensate. Still an option for Solitaire Druid into a ridiculous Anacondra pop off turn.

forty on
    There's definitely been a lot of concern from designers and pro that CA is always lurking in the background as a second-tier threat that has to be remembered when you're making balance changes, so as to limit the chances of having it take over the meta because you've nerfed its predators

liEt3nH.png
  • ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    I’m getting so, so tired of having my board frozen for 4+ turns by two different classes.

Honestly freeze was a mistake from the very get go, and it's up there with charge for being a mechanic that should just be retired. Mass freeze too easily leads to situations where one player simply can't play the game, and freeze on minions is overly punishing to weapon-based removal classes. So it's really only in a healthy spot in extremely limited doses on spells, but in those scenarios freeze tends just to not be played at all since at that point you can't rely on it when you need it and you'd rather have more powerful hard removal instead.

it's fucked up that the "spend 500 mana" weekly says that battlegrounds can fuck off

liEt3nH.png
    That one is a reroll for me pretty much every time.

• AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    Funny, for me it's anything battleground related that gets an instant reroll.

I play on my phone, so that's not something I can play fast enough to become good enough to enjoy it.

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
    Kind of unhappy that big spell mage is tier 1 again since that deck does a lot of random bullshit and is exceedingly unfun to play against

• Airking850Airking850 Ottawa, ONRegistered User regular
    So everyone should craft Vile Library, Celestial Alignment, and Snowfall Guardian then? That's still worth doing when a card gets nerfed?

I tried an arena earlier today, and boy does it feel different than it did in the first few years of the game. I had what looked like a good paladin deck to me, with solid minions along the curve. Then I got crushed repeatedly by mages who could clear the board every turn while adding more spells to their hand than they cast.

That Relic Vault change is good. I already like my DH deck and I'll take any buffs they throw my way.

That's two seasons in a row that's happened now. First was Beast Hunter last season getting a buff after I refined the deck and the buffs put it over the edge to legend. Let's see if the same thing happens with Relic DH

Airking850 wrote: »
    So everyone should craft Vile Library, Celestial Alignment, and Snowfall Guardian then? That's still worth doing when a card gets nerfed?
    There's no real point. You'll just get back the dust you invested when you dust them post-nerf. The only reason to do this is if there's a deck you'd like to play for the next 3 days that you can't because you lack any of these cards.

The new board: The pistol breaks a window and the sword chops some candles - that hatchet is too conspicuous to not do anything. What's the secret?

• Airking850Airking850 Ottawa, ONRegistered User regular
    Airking850 wrote: »
    There's no real point. You'll just get back the dust you invested when you dust them post-nerf. The only reason to do this is if there's a deck you'd like to play for the next 3 days that you can't because you lack any of these cards.

Thanks! I was thinking of MTGA where if you craft a card and it gets banned, you keep the card and get a refund for the wildcard you spent on it.

with insatiable devourer being a card that exists now, it's worth noting that you can isolate big minions by placing them on the other side of locations to limit your opponent being able to consume more than one big thing at a time

edited August 2022
    Legend with XL control shaman, only change i made was 2x crud caretaker instead of okani and the second famished fool

went on a very tilting loss streak from diamond 1 3 stars all the way down to diamond 5 0 stars, but managed to claw it all back

hardest matchups for me were curse lock (they always beat you once they figure out they can just stuff your hand with curses), and mage with turn 1 wildfire (they always have it)

my free matchups were quest priest (most vulnerable to hand disruption in the game, they can't play quest reward minion the turn they complete, so you just wait and hold bolner brann discounted mutanus to grab it from them) and imp warlock since lol snowfall guardian macaw macaw

Beasteh on
  • ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    with insatiable devourer being a card that exists now, it's worth noting that you can isolate big minions by placing them on the other side of locations to limit your opponent being able to consume more than one big thing at a time

My hardwired anti-betrayal spacing comes in handy here.