As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] Wizzing Toys for Everyone

• YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Sayge replaced Aluneth. You could try that but the curve is a bit higher and the deck runs less burn than it used to. You'd probably want to slot Fireballs back in if you went that route.

Anything that provides gas is good though, from simple draw like AI/Research Project, weirder stuff like Evocation, or similat minions like Barrista Lynchen or Cornelius Roame.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited January 2023
    I am the world first Sayge cheerleader and decree you should craft him.

The Wild talk had me thinking we were overdue for a VS Wild report, but it turns out the last one was actually only a couple months ago. Before that, though, there was an 8 month gap. Only 3 Wild reports total in 2022!

I'm sure the pace of nerfs that totally flip things around in Wild makes that difficult.

forty on
  • Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    edited January 2023
    I just went ahead and crafted him. The two others I have on my list are Cariel Lightforged and Brukkar of the Elements as those seem to be staples of Paladin/Shaman decks right now. I have a Pally and Shaman deck both that I like to play in Standard where I need them, but guess that will just need to be my next crafts.

Edit: And the card draw has already won me two games. Hooray.

Idx86 on
    sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Haven't played in a while, and I just finished up a really big report for a client and wanted to treat myself a little. I had 2300 gold banked so I grabbed 15 Lich King packs. I thought maybe I'd make a dragon paladin, since I wanted to make that work all the way back to Blackrock, and the new dragons seem pretty sweet.

Well, I got all the cards I need to make the aggro/tempo mage deck, so once I again I find myself playing Jaina and steamrolling everyone. I've got 1100 wins with mage. I keep trying to play another class, I swear!

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
    edited January 2023
    For what it's worth, Cariel and Brukkan are rotating in less than 3 months and aren't nearly as impactful in Wild. It's pretty late in their lifespan to craft them unless you really need to win paladin/shaman games.

forty on
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    For what it's worth, Cariel and Brukkar are rotating in less than 3 months and aren't nearly as impactful in Wild. It's pretty late in their lifespan to craft them unless you really need to win paladin/shaman games.

I know, I would have just found some more recent substitutes. Maybe not as good, but I don't really care enough to worry about that.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

Best deck ever for the Brawl: AAEBAavABAK1uQPtlgQAAA==

Heheheheheheheh.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • ani_game_bumani_game_bum Optimistic, Rule-Breaking Nice Guy The Final World/DestinationRegistered User regular
    Thanks, I needed to clear a Warlock XP quest :+1:

steam_sig.pngPSN: ani_game_bum Battle.net ID: Anigamebum#1354 Genshin UID: 660694297 Switch FC: SW-2127-8288-6505 Steam Wishlist
  • The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Embiggen + Patches got me there.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    That's pretty cool. I was just playing patches and evolve, I don't even know who would win in that matchup.

edited January 2023
    Shadowhope wrote: »

Heheheheheheheh.
    Context please?

Guessing from these other posts it's the one where you just pick two different cards and get 15 of each?

forty on
  • The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    You are correct.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
    Shadowhope wrote: »

Heheheheheheheh.
    Nice code. Doesn't seem like the UI lets you sneak the pre-nerf Soulfire in, so this is awesome.

Of course my first turn, my Soulfire discarded my other Soulfire instead of one of my 3 Hands. But I won turn 2. Nice quick one and done, thanks!

• sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    edited January 2023
    I think the biggest problem in standard is the amount of mana cheating. It enables way too many degenerate combos that wind up trivially easy to enable. There is a fair amount of surface diversity, but generally, all the decks amount to cheating mana to enable explosive turns that disable counterplay.

It also seems to give the balance team problems, since cards that would be otherwise fine turn out broken in the wrong environment.

sanstodo on
    World of Roguestone.

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    I played against a Warrior the other day and just about fell out of my chair. A Warrior! I haven't seen one of those guys in months!

But then turn 2 rolled along and it was a Rogue in disguise.

• ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

I’m now having a lot of fun with Even Death Knight in Wild. Grave Strength is insane, a four mana Bloodlust for a deck that excels at going wide. I’ve been farming Pirate Rogue and Shadow/Aggro Priest, beating up on the bad Secret Mages, and losing 60% of the time to Even Shaman bots.

# 2x (2) Amalgam of the Deep
    # 1x (2) Astalor Bloodsworn
    # 2x (2) Battlefield Necromancer
    # 2x (2) Bone Flinger
    # 2x (2) Bonedigger Geist
    # 2x (2) Infected Peasant
    # 2x (2) Necrotic Mortician
    # 2x (2) Plague Strike
    # 2x (2) Vrykul Necrolyte
    # 1x (4) Blademaster Okani
    # 2x (4) Grave Strength
    # 1x (4) Korrak the Bloodrager
    # 2x (4) Murlocula
    # 2x (4) School Teacher
    # 2x (4) Tomb Guardians
    # 1x (6) Genn Greymane
    # 1x (8) Invincible
    # 1x (8) Lord Marrowgar

AAEBAc38BQbN9ALypATHsgT47ATfogXipAUMlrcEssEEy+IE8OMEkeQEj+YE0/EE1fEE2/EEhfYE3YIF4sUFAA==

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
    It's funny how Genn power alone is enough to turn a class that is mediocre in Standard into one that is strong in Wild, and I don't think it even has the benefit of any other Wild cards.

• bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    Wudijo was playing ctrl warrior at high legend recently

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited January 2023
    I've been spamming arena a lot because my pc is broken and I'm bored

Just had a shaman play tiny toys vs me and get deathbringer saurfang, TWO overlord runthak, and taelan fordring

OK bud

Beasteh on
    Apparently this is Autocomplete Rogue when you've disenchanted all the cards that have been nerfed in the last couple months:

hzs75f2ibbtv.png

Beasteh wrote: »
    I've been spamming arena a lot because my pc is broken and I'm bored

Just had a shaman play tiny toys vs me and get deathbringer saurfang, TWO overlord runthak, and taelan fordring

OK bud

Honestly that doesn’t bother me too much because it happens rarely. How broken DK is in arena is stupid because they have access to all runes. That was obvious. Should have been caught in testing, but maybe devs don’t care about balance in limited formats?

edited January 2023
    I thought their picks were supposed to update based on the runes of their early picks? Maybe I misinterpreted. That was something I thought I remembered hearing way back when they were first being shown, which was a couple months ago so maybe I didn't understand. I don't play Arena so I don't know.

forty on
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    I thought their picks were supposed to update based on the runes of their early picks? Maybe I misinterpreted. That was something I thought I remembered hearing way back when they were first being shown, which was a couple months ago so maybe I didn't understand. I don't play Arena so I don't know.

that's how it's supposed to work, if it isn't working like that it's a bug

liEt3nH.png

Interesting. I've definitely seen players with multiple runes, maybe I misremembered. My bad.

sanstodo wrote: »

Interesting. I've definitely seen players with multiple runes, maybe I misremembered. My bad.

Also might have been generated cards.

Arena was p boring to me the last couple times I played because you face like 70% DK. Feels almost like the old days where everyone was only playing mage.

The departure of that arena balancing guy from Blizzard continues to sting.

edited January 2023
    You definitely are locked into the runes you draft, you can't use triple blood triple frost triple unholy etc
    e: BG changes go live tonight, time to play that and maybe not be bored as hell while I wait for rogue nerfs (standard is pretty much exactly where it was this time last year with rogue at 40% playrate choking out the format except it was weapon and thief then, now it's miracoli)

Beasteh on
    edited January 2023
    Double self reply post:
    Apparently this is Autocomplete Rogue when you've disenchanted all the cards that have been nerfed in the last couple months:
    hzs75f2ibbtv.png
    I guess autocomplete was just setting me up for my quest today:

f6tkogbwxi3x.png
    The Wild talk had me thinking we were overdue for a VS Wild report, but it turns out the last one was actually only a couple months ago. Before that, though, there was an 8 month gap. Only 3 Wild reports total in 2022!

I'm sure the pace of nerfs that totally flip things around in Wild makes that difficult.
    Wild Report hit a few days later. Confirmed that Even Unholy DK is indeed a winner.

forty on
  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    It never fails to amuse me that Wild has consistently better balance than Standard.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
    Beasteh wrote: »
    You definitely are locked into the runes you draft, you can't use triple blood triple frost triple unholy etc
    e: BG changes go live tonight, time to play that and maybe not be bored as hell while I wait for rogue nerfs (standard is pretty much exactly where it was this time last year with rogue at 40% playrate choking out the format except it was weapon and thief then, now it's miracoli)

New BGs will definitely be interesting for a while. I have only seen very little from the streamer event, so I don't know how good undead are. Naga were pretty OP at the start, do I remember that right?

I do fear that the removal of quests will make bad heroes unpickable again, but we'll see.

Yeah, Naga started broken and got overnerfed, then eventually got buffed up to a more reasonable place.

From the Twitch event, undead looked like they had some pretty solid scaling if you landed the right stuff (Eternal Knights early and often).

Agreed on quest removal. I think those were doing a lot to make the crappy high armor heroes more playable.

edited January 2023
    battlegrounds feels significantly more balanced than any previous big patch for it

might become solved later, but at least compared to previous new releases, they had a lot of obvious and immediate outliers where it was clear from the jump how busted something is

they did a good job with adding a diversity of interesting toys for tribes this time

pre-existing balance issues like "oh poison's literally the only answer if someone outscales you huh" ofc still exist, but i think that's pretty core to the mode at this point

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
    I think Poison and Leeroy as possible comebacks against someone who got some nutty scaling is good for Battlegrounds, generally.

edited January 2023
    Initial BGs patch thoughts after a few hours forcing undead:

Eh

Losing quests is kind of ok, but now we're back to living and dying by getting good triples on 5 and lucking into a decent endgame comp

New putricide hero is ok, need to wait until 6 for the broken zombeast discovers tho so don't press that button early

A lot of the mediocre heroes got reworked and I haven't gone through them all yet like jaraxxus doesn't need to force demons any more and can just grab the deathrattle imp + pump it up

Beasteh on
    I think Poison and Leeroy as possible comebacks against someone who got some nutty scaling is good for Battlegrounds, generally.

the issue is that poison beats stats but nothing beats poison. there's only two axes in battlegrounds - go big stats, or go poison.

liEt3nH.png
    edited January 2023

the issue is that poison beats stats but nothing beats poison. there's only two axes in battlegrounds - go big stats, or go poison.
    Summons and chip damage can beat poison unless poison gets huge. Generally the weakness of poison/Leeroy is they are difficult to buff, but of course Brann Murlocs can still get pretty big (but at least now it's a lot more difficult to reliably make Murlocs poisonous).

nkjjokslguz8.png
    Going to be pretty tricky to get value out of this golden effect.

forty on
    I'm amazed after all these years we finally got stacking Rivendares.

As an unfortunate side effect everyone is now rushing leapfrogs in beast lobbies

If you play like varden you can stack 4+ rivendares and end up with stats in the millions

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Current big strat for Putricide is to rush to 6 immediately and as long as you survive the following turn to start rolling out your T6 creations then you've won the game. Eternal summoners are currently uncontrollably broken to the point where the first person to get them usually wins, I expect them to take a hit soon.