Options

You have a dog now

• Options
    expendableexpendable Silly Goose Registered User regular
    Somebody found an abandoned tennis ball while being let off leash to sprint around the enclosed courts. She definitely took it home with her.

x2u5kodzidm2.jpg

More? MOAR!
    h0nvnzqengpd.jpg

Djiem wrote: »
    Lokiamis wrote: »
    So the servers suddenly decide to cramp up during the last six percent.
    Man, the Director will really go out of his way to be a dick to L4D players.
    Steam
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    It's hers now, that's the rules.

Ruby is very excited because she's got new bouncy rubber balls to play Fetch with that bounce way more than tennis balls and she can't destroy in aprox six seconds like she does actual tennis balls.

So excited she woofed at her mum for More Play!!! When I put the ball back. She maybe needs to identify who the person playing fetch with her was better

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Dogs.

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Dogs.

Yay!

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    I'm visiting my parents and a few weeks ago they got a new dog.

76zx7ewo65u4.jpg

I'm about to take her for a walk, but she's been in puppy jail this morning since she wouldn't stop trying to 'play' (ie. bother the hell out of) the old lady grouchy dog my parents have had since I was in school.

H0b0man on
    FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    What do I have to do to get thrown into puppy jail

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    commit puppy tax fraud

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    That is an extremely nebulous answer with no start or end point.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Went for a good walk, got back, she decided she wasn't done with the outdoors so straight to her window.

ap2bj1ldrjxk.jpg

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Good stuff on dog TV today!

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Rest in peace Bella enjoy the big dog park in the sky go find your best friend patches

rhl7ajcble60.jpg
    sbc1ga4m2ihi.jpg

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited June 2022
    Xaquin wrote: »
    =(

I'm sorry

Thanks this'll be theast photos I forgot to include I still got a Bella to love who got along with Bella really well generally (yes we had two Bella's)

I also had a mean trio for a bit there but the three Musketeers is just one now

u28gzi2rus5t.jpgvv68yvqevtqj.jpg

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
  • Options
    useruser Registered User regular
    Hey I hear this thread is for dogs?

MEpjsE9.png

i2nVjCJ.png

Oh wait ... darn it :-(

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Get that cat outta here!!!

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    this is my dog

du9w4rgwlll3.jpg

he's really an awful AWFUL dog

• Options
    Now that's what I call a dog

Steam
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    wtf

• Options
    Soon… soon our plan to be fed by the Things will be complete.

exq1xohcub0x.jpeg

• Options
    I still have a dog.

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Prove it.

• Options
    e5ytv46z29pk.jpeg

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    You win this round, serpents

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    :)

• Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Dag

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    e5ytv46z29pk.jpeg

Now that is what I call a proof!

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    My neighbor's neighbor has a very adorable Goldendoodle.

...they, it turns out, are an idiot, and i know this because they figured out how to get out of the nieghbor's property, jumped the fence in an attempt to visit Ruby (the golden i look after), and promptly got stuck out in the rain and cold. When i found them they immediately ran up to me and did that submissive collapse and wiggle that dogs do to indicate they are totally behaving well and haven't caused ANY problems. (Then she got super excited we were in her property and MUM MUM LOOK PENGUIN IS VISTING US LOOK as i'm explaining what's up to her owner and why i'm suddenly in her back yard knocking on her kitchen door XD)

Also good: Hanging out with Ruby and Livi (The neighbor's cat) with my partner. Partner's patting Livi. Ruby gets jealous, and quickly looks for a solution to return the pats to the proper place, i.e her. Wait! Brainwave! *Grabs her new bone, brings it over, and drops it at my partners feet* "I showed you bone, please respond."

Note: not giving her the bone, just making my partner aware that Ruby has a new bone and isnt it cool and delicious? This should totally get you to stop patting the cat, and instead, pat me, the dog.

I love dogs.

• Options
    Dog Thread, I have signed my dog up for her first dog show (and mine) at the end of August

She's going to be competing at the Pre-Novice level, which is sort of intended to be entry level obedience. Higher levels are rated on points, but this one is just pass/fail. It lets you check how your dog will perform in a real show environment (especially helpful since Fun Trials are really hard to find post-Covid), so that should be interesting!

We're evaluated on

- leashed heelwork (sits, about turns, speed changes, etc),
    - figure 8s (a fancy fast/slow version of heeling where you walk in a figure 8 pattern and go fast turning with your dog on the outside around a pylon and then slow with them on the inside around a different pylon),
    - a group long sit or down (30 seconds, walking out 20 feet away, judge's choice on which exercise is done),
    - sit for examination (you stand at the end of a 6 foot leash and the judge touches your dog's head while they stay sitting), and
    - recall (20 feet away)

Ivy's well beyond any of this in training but since she's never been in the ring it'd hard to say how she'll do in that environment, so better to start her here than at the Novice A* level! We're gonna take her through Novice competitions next summer and aim to get her a Companion Dog title, we'll see how this goes first though!!

*there's 3 ranked tiers for Novice. If you've had a Companion Dog Excellent title before (top tier obedience) like my parents have, you have to compete in B or C. I've never competed, so I can train against the other rookies in Novice A, haha.

Steam
  • Options
    expendableexpendable Silly Goose Registered User regular
    Somebody got to come to my teams work picnic for the last half of the day today. The weather was nice, if more humid than usual, and she got many pets and treats and got to play with lots of new people.

We were both a bit tired after work and an after dinner nap on the couch for about an hour or so was in order. Apparently after I'd been out about 20 minutes I was joined by a very tired pupper.

kzyef20q0uip.png

Djiem wrote: »
    Lokiamis wrote: »
    So the servers suddenly decide to cramp up during the last six percent.
    Man, the Director will really go out of his way to be a dick to L4D players.
    Steam
  • Options
    Mlem.

• Options
    edited July 2022
    rxrulgttae33.jpg

We got Ruby a TERRIBLE GOOSE and she's in love with it. Very good toy, will parade around and show off to everyone, and also bring to you so she can wrestle with it with you.

She's sad now though because I won't play with her (because I'm a household contract of a COVID case) and she just does not understand this at all. So I think I'm gonna have to get her a new toy by way of apology

The Zombie Penguin on
  • Options
    Additional puppy with goose tax

eb09xt4c62b7.jpg

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    My brother is planning to get a Labrador puppy towards the end of the year. He's talking about crate training it. I know that's a thing now, though it wasn't when I was a kid and had a dog. My parents said they have friends with a dog who gets shut in his crate whenever the people are out the house. Is that normal? I get having the crate and training the puppy to be comfortable with it, and treating it like the dogs own space. That all sounds fine. But shutting a dog in a small cage whenever you go out? Seems kind of fucked up to me.

I mean they're retired people so I think he's not alone very often, I'm not accusing them of animal abuse or anything. Just can't get my head around it, I guess because I've never shut any of the dogs I've lived with in small cages.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Some dogs do better if they have an enclosed space to chill in some are better off in a bedroom it varies from breed to breed.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    The end goal of crate training is to effectively teach your dog that it's their den/sanctuary so they won't be terribly upset to go in there

But we have only really done it while the dogs are puppies if we have to leave the house and know they're still in the phase where they'll tear shit up while we're out, and then eliminated the crate once we trusted them. And even then one of our GSDs was a tank who would launch herself through the roof of it to escape, our previous Belgian was too sad about them for us to make him do it, and Ivy was too cute and we wound up just finding ways to have someone be home with her instead since my sister worked remote half the time

We have definitely worked with owners who were confused as to why their dogs were so insanely energetic after... leaving them in their crates for 6-8 hours like yeah fucking obviously (for these particular owners we said they needed to stop or it could contribute to joint issues, which may or may not be true but it was just so obviously bad for the dogs and one of the owners worked from home so she should just... let the dogs out, because it was so bad for their mental health (and we weren't sure they'd listen to just that reason))

I would definitely say using the crate is a bit of a grey area that is heavily reliant on the dog, the training, and how long you put them in there for. Two hours is basically a standard dog nap but anything beyond 4 is pretty fucked up.

Steam
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    My in-laws crate their dogs while they're at work mostly for their own safety. They'll eat anything they can get their jaws on, and the folks have definitely come home to pools of vomit filled with chewed up household stuff before. But once they're home the dogs are out and have pretty free reign of the house.

A lot of dogs are too dumb to not be crated if the humans aren't home.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    I'm watching my friend's garden while she's away, and today I met a dog!

his name was Pepsi and he was a Yorkshire whose collar had a bowtie on it and he was a little gentleman.

he ran over, sat in front of me, barked a single time, and then laid down and rolled on his back and looked at me like "you know what to do, I have performed the ritual".

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Lola ways trys to hide under things in a storm so Ive been looking for a crate she can hang out in when it gets bad. The problem is she wont go in unless theres a storm so training is difficult

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular
    My dog has been more demanding of belly rubs lately

as087ejogfjw.jpg