Options

You have a dog now

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Same with Archie, but he's less for belly rubs and more for "give me some of that food you have."

1s8yoib5lk7a.png

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    My in-laws crate their dogs while they're at work mostly for their own safety. They'll eat anything they can get their jaws on, and the folks have definitely come home to pools of vomit filled with chewed up household stuff before. But once they're home the dogs are out and have pretty free reign of the house.

A lot of dogs are too dumb to not be crated if the humans aren't home.

Realistically there should be almost no time when my brother's dog will be home alone. Which I guess probably means if it ever is then it would be better off in the crate.

Our dog when I was a kid had 14 years of never being alone until my mum went back to work, and she went mental left alone all day (the dog, not my mum). Destroyed the house and we ended up having to re-home her. She got to have chilled senior years with an old lady and another dog so it was better for her but oh boy I think that was my first experience of heartbreak.

• Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    83fhddoanjgj.jpeg
    bwuxdbags29g.jpeg
    1ee2s2beacl7.jpeg

• Options
    5b6t28uz8glb.jpeg

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Hey where'd your dog go

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    After all that effort he’s now gone to his other bed in the kitchen.

• Options
    One of my favourite things about Max is the intensity serious face he gets as he’s about to do something incredibly dumb.

• Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    Dogs! (Cora and Ada)
    Better known as wingus and dingus.

ni79epdb06b7.jpeg

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    We crate trained Uschi as a way to try and ensure there was at least one spot in the house he wouldn't pee on*. It ... eventually worked. But if we have to go out we just put the dogs in the backyard, they like to chill out there and can't really do too much damage, excepting the occasional "gonna eat this tree" moment.

*Also because until he was 3 he couldn't be trusted having the run of the house overnight, we lost a LOT of tv remotes and sunglasses that way.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Unfortunately we can't do that as dog thefts are a big thing over here because we live in a dystopian nightmare.

Also on consideration I assume you mean Uschi chewed up the remotes but my initial thought was that he would just swallow them whole because he is a Big Boy.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    i would steal all your dogs in a heartbeat

every man jack one of them

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    One of my favourite things about Max is the intensity serious face he gets as he’s about to do something incredibly dumb.

I'm reminded of my family's dalmatian sometimes getting up in the morning, grabbing all good blankets of his couch, dragging them out onto the deck... And proceeding to fight them very energetically, for reasons unknown

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular

I'm reminded of my family's dalmatian sometimes getting up in the morning, grabbing all good blankets of his couch, dragging them out onto the deck... And proceeding to fight them very energetically, for reasons unknown

Uh, practice?

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »

Uh, practice?

I mean, he just seemed to want to beat them up, and it was very important to do this regularly. He was also a very good actor, capable of immense levels of drama and portrayal of the Old Dog Suffering In Winter when put outside in the morning when everyone left (he had a kennel in a sheltered spot on the deck)... which would suddenly vanish when food or walkies were on offer, in which case he was a lot more energetic. (at least for the start of walks - by the end of a walk you could dropthe leash on his back and he'd just keep going back towards home, because it was time for naps thank you very much)

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular

Uh, practice?

I mean, he just seemed to want to beat them up, and it was very important to do this regularly. He was also a very good actor, capable of immense levels of drama and portrayal of the Old Dog Suffering In Winter when put outside in the morning when everyone left (he had a kennel in a sheltered spot on the deck)... which would suddenly vanish when food or walkies were on offer, in which case he was a lot more energetic. (at least for the start of walks - by the end of a walk you could dropthe leash on his back and he'd just keep going back towards home, because it was time for naps thank you very much)

That's a good dog right there.

When the fabric people rise up and demand justice for our crimes you will be grateful for his vigilance.

• Options

Uh, practice?

That's a good dog right there.

When the fabric people rise up and demand justice for our crimes you will be grateful for his vigilance.

Sadly, he's long since passed away, but yes, he was a Very Good Boy.

• Options
    Ruby forgave us having abandoned her for a week because of Covid
    fyi4b9edt7vc.jpg

She also had an excellent time playing fetch in the park, including being so overwhelmed by how fun it was she needed to drop the ball and wiggle excitedly on her back for a while

bbyifwivo6x6.jpg

• Options
    And checking in on Ruby today, during some horrible weather, Ruby was sufficently happy to see me she went and grabbed her Terrible Goose, and then put it in my lap. I feel very honored.

• Options
    I have no idea why fetch is so exciting it requires floping on your back dramatically and rolling around, but it's so exciting this is a regular thing of Ruby to get distracted mid-fetch, drop her ball, and just happiyl wiggle around on her back for a while.

...Also she has very firm rules about fairness, such as "Penguin has thrown the ball too many times, so i'm taking the ball to Penguin's partner, and it is THIER turn to throw!"

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Haechi gets so hype about being given a new ANYTHING (toy, bone, whatever) he throws it in the air for like ten minutes before deciding it can be eaten. He really has perfected the technique of whipping it across the room at people or breakables as well.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    expendableexpendable Silly Goose Registered User regular
    mie5bhura78w.png

I had an audience for breakfast today

Djiem wrote: »
    Lokiamis wrote: »
    So the servers suddenly decide to cramp up during the last six percent.
    Man, the Director will really go out of his way to be a dick to L4D players.
    Steam
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    spoilerd for big dog
    7bk2z7jy7sjc.png

• Options
    f4dke4u8mem9.jpeg

He desires the sandwich, but knows the law.

• Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    If I get a bigger place someday in the future, like a new trailer or something, I think I want to get a dog

Probably a French bulldog?

They are super cute

Probably name it sometime silly

This has been my dog post

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    All Canines Are Beautiful.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    what about the ugly ones

• Options
    Excuse me but what part was I unclear on?

• Options
    um, the "are" i think

• Options
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    um, the "are" i think

All dogs beautiful.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    If I get a bigger place someday in the future, like a new trailer or something, I think I want to get a dog

Probably a French bulldog?

They are super cute

Probably name it sometime silly

This has been my dog post

Bulldogs are adorable, but they come with a myriad of health issues that I think raise some ethical red flags on the breed as a whole.

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    While that probably still does apply to French bulldogs, the real bad ones are the English bulldogs, iirc.

• Options
    Ivy's first obedience competition is Sunday! We're hoping to get a pre-novice title. Send good dog vibes!!

Steam
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Gonna be so exciting when she becomes a journeyman dog.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    While that probably still does apply to French bulldogs, the real bad ones are the English bulldogs, iirc.

I think it applies to all of them. They're so fucked up they can't even give birth. I'm unaware of bulldogs not being birthed via C-section at this point.

And that's also not going into the breathing issues at all.

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Bulldogs in general are not very healthy, as is my understanding, but American bulldogs don't have the breathing or birthing issues that English and French bulldogs do. They are often mistaken for pit bull varieties, so they also run into social / legal roadblocks from some people.

• Options
    chromdom wrote: »
    Bulldogs in general are not very healthy, as is my understanding, but American bulldogs don't have the breathing or birthing issues that English and French bulldogs do. They are often mistaken for pit bull varieties, so they also run into social / legal roadblocks from some people.

Which is also bullshit because

uhiazo85ntld.jpg

• Options
    edited August 2022
    Status update: we did it!

m99sfssaimah.jpeg

This is her first Pre-Novice Obedience win and first rosette! If she wins 3 Pre-Novice Obedience competitions, she gets the title of Pre-Novice Companion Dog (PCD).

This is the only tier where you could ostensibly skip ahead to Novice (whereas higher tiers are unlocked by you winning a certain number of times and advancing from there), but it's a great way to get used to the ring for both the dog and the handler

Cello on
    Steam
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Yay!

She looks very happy about it :smile:

• Options
    chromdom wrote: »
    Yay!

She looks very happy about it :smile:

Ivy saw it get handed to me and *immediately* jumped up to inspect it

I was only surprised she didn't put the ribbon in her mouth like she does with her bandanas, but the heat had her pretty tired by that point

Steam
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Saw a pug-chihuahua yesterday. We tossed around puihuahua for a bit but eventually settled on "chug". We saw a chug.