As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Goddammit Bob Saget died [NSFW]

2»

• Options
    KaputaKaputa Registered User regular
    Already seeing conspiracies about Saget's death, for no easily discernible reason.

Maybe he knew too much about the aristocrats

• Options
    Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    People don’t like the idea of people dieing for no real reason, it freaks them out so they need a conspiracy to explain it.

I had an acquaintance die in pretty much the same way though. Went to work out at the gym, came home, ate, sat on the couch to watch tv, and died. Didn’t show up for work the next morning, his boss called his brother who couldn’t get in touch with him either so called the police. Ended up just having some undetected congenital heart issue.

Shit just happens sometimes.

Jealous Deva on
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    So some details are out from the police report.

No signs of foul play or drugs overdose. However, his family called the police several times for a welfare check, which seems odd to me in the knowledge they had apparently spoken to him the day before and started calling for the welfare check around late morning, when Saget would have normally been asleep after doing a late-night set.

I think that info puts intentional self-harm at the likelier end of the differential, sadly.

If they were expecting to talk with him that morning, and hey, phone, e-mail, text message, hotel room phone, whatever isn't going through and that's unusual? And it's right there in your post - they had to call several times before they got a welfare check, so sounds like the cops were also, 'nah, he's just sleeping in late' before they could finally go out and check.

• Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    Yeah if you are used to talking / texting in the evening and morning and someone doesn't respond you are maybe four hours away from panicking / wellness checks if there is no reason to expect someone to be out of contact.

That part isn't strange at all if his habit is nothing more than a good night / good morning text.

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    These celebrity death threads always die quick. :P
    Maybe a YouTube channel will do a deep dive into his career.

Krathoon on
  • Options
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    It was kind of a running gag that they would get Bob Saget to do those scenes. It was because he was seen as wholesome.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    edited January 2022
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
  • Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    Honestly that is the sort of person I hope and wish I would be if I got moderately rich / famous. What a good story of a person doing good.

• Options
    edited January 2022
    https://youtu.be/duRDizP0gHQ

I think Bob Saget's death is hitting Conan pretty hard. They keep posting Saget videos.
    https://youtu.be/GM1yhNJuDz4

Krathoon on
  • Options
    Here is an old one.
    https://youtu.be/72e3fjKgV9Q

• Options
    It is kind of funny, Bob got dirtier the older he got.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    I like to read about people who only learned about Adult Comic Bob Saget after seeing him do AFV and Full House growing up.

But I would love to hear from the person who saw Bob Saget's standup and thought "Yeah, let's give this man a family sitcom".

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »

Eh. His stand up before Full House was vile (and hilarious). With Full House and then videos he kept his public image far more mild. After those ended he was free to do whatever he wanted.

There is no way that kind of career trajectory happens post internet.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options

Eh. His stand up before Full House was vile (and hilarious). With Full House and then videos he kept his public image far more mild. After those ended he was free to do whatever he wanted.

Oh. I didn't know he was like that before Full House.

• Options
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2022

How many VHS tapes of his stand-ups do you think AFV got? People either trying to "catch" him, or just don't if they could sneak it on.

But yeah, he really got in under the wire there.

MichaelLC on
  • Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2022
    Didn't Robin Williams (Prior to "Mork and Mindy") also have a similar trajectory like Saget?

Lots of people forgot or didnt know Robin was also a raunchy hilarious (yeah the " Snow"helps too!) Stand up comedian prior to his movie Career?

Ticaldfjam on
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Ticaldfjam wrote: »
    Didn't Robin Williams (Prior to "Mork and Mindy") also have a similar trajectory like Saget?

Lots of people forgot or didnt know Robin was also a raunchy hilarious (yeah the " Snow"helps too!) Stand up comedian prior to his movie Career?

I don't think Williams was known for raunchiness specifically. He could make a crass joke here or there but most of his stand up was much more about how quick his mind was and how he could somehow do something that appeared to be nothing more than manic stream-of-consciousness for an hour and have the entire thing be gut wrenchingly hilarious.

• Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    Ticaldfjam wrote: »

I don't think Williams was known for raunchiness specifically. He could make a crass joke here or there but most of his stand up was much more about how quick his mind was and how he could somehow do something that appeared to be nothing more than manic stream-of-consciousness for an hour and have the entire thing be gut wrenchingly hilarious.

It wasn't as raunchy as Saget, but it was far from family friendly. As I understand it, there are taped Williams for about 8 hours during Aladdin with just doing his normal jokes. They could not use the vast majority of what they taped despite how hilarious it was.

• Options
    Williams would definitely get in trouble nowadays for the stuff he pulled on the Mork and Mindy set. They gave him allot of leeway.

• Options
    jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular
    https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/09/entertainment/bob-saget-cause-of-death/index.html

Looks like accidental and peaceful. So if you gotta go, and we all do, it could have been worse.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    jmcdonald wrote: »
    https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/09/entertainment/bob-saget-cause-of-death/index.html

Looks like accidental and peaceful. So if you gotta go, and we all do, it could have been worse.

Yeah similar to how Liam Neeson's wife died.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    RaijuRaiju Shoganai JapanRegistered User regular
    Not that this will silence the antivaxxer conspiracy theorists. They'll just shift the goalposts toward a coverup of the "true" cause of death.