As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

can you ID a forgotten french comic? Also Jean-Claude Mézières died

BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
edited January 2022 in Social Entropy++
This is a long shot, but internet searching has failed me: does anyone here know much about French or maybe Belgian science fiction comics/graphic novels from probably pre-1990ish? There's a particular comic I'm trying to remember the name of I read back then. The only elements from it I remember are that I thiiiiink it was set in the modern day, but the protagonist meets some... maybe aliens? who are living on earth in hidden cities underground, which is where most of the story took place, and the underground people look like humans with blue skin... maybe with pointy elf ears. Vaguely reminiscent of the aliens from the Daft Punk Discovery music videos. There was a lot of like, giant high-tech sci-fi trains between the underground areas, that were really big and maybe cylindrical? And some of them had weapons on them maybe? And the protagonist helps the friendly ones fight a bad faction?

BahamutZERO.gif
BahamutZERO on

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited January 2022
    There used to be French comic aficionados in the Graphic Violence forum... 7+ years ago. It seems @Bobby Derie is gone. @Dizzy D maybe?

This might also get more traffic in Help/Advice

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I think it was called

The Bus that Couldn’t Slow Down

• Options
    I apparently caused Jean-Claude Mézières to pass away by making this thread

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Quick Bahamut. I need you to make a new Henry Kissinger thread.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2022
    I'm always up for a google hunt, doubly so when I get to learn about obscure european comics.

I believe it may be the Yoko Tsuno series (belgian), which features the "Vineans" Blue skinned aliens that live underground with mag lev trains etc.
    xkh2o64x8pf2.jpg

-SPI- on
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    nfu0yu5czbhs.jpg

oh the comic you're looking for is called o
    Outsider and it's about a guy who is closer to fucking these blue space elves than he has ever been

seriously they're going to start ANY SECOND NOW

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    https://us.v-cdn.net/5018289/uploads/editor/sm/nfu0yu5czbhs.jpg

oh the comic you're looking for is called o
    Outsider and it's about a guy who is closer to fucking these blue space elves than he has ever been

seriously they're going to start ANY SECOND NOW

1 page every month for 21 years is certainly long form storytelling

However, 2001 seems a lot less pre-1990s

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    -SPI- wrote: »
    I'm always up for a google hunt, doubly so when I get to learn about obscure european comics.

I believe it may be the Yoko Tsuno series (belgian), which features the "Vineans" Blue skinned aliens that live underground with mag lev trains etc.
    xkh2o64x8pf2.jpg

you nailed it thank you!

BahamutZERO.gif