As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The little crystal turtle [Pokémon] is pretty cute.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    ph blake wrote: »
    Yeah, getting competitive ready pokemon is hella easy now since you can just buy bottle caps and nature mints with cash for 20k-30k each, even before postgame. And with the way egg moves work, now the only thing you really need breeding for is if you are going for a 0 speed/attack IV for Trick Room/Foul Play or whatever.

Unfortunately they removed all the QOL features to make EV training simpler, gotta go back to doing it manually or just buy a shit ton of vitamins.
    I hate myself for using gold bottle caps on my trick room pokemon in SWSH. I just couldn't resist seeing those perfect stats.

I tell myself "surely everybody does it anyway" but I know Its definitely going to come back and bite me in the ass. Next QOL step: Being able to reset IVs!

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Hmmm through the magic of Wonder Trade I've acquired two quaxly and a fuecoco

Still don't have a sprigatito, so I'm willing to swap a fuecoco or quaxly for one, if anyone has extra

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    Hahaha what.

I did a Tera Raid to catch a Salandit.

A male Salandit.

So I did a raid for a Pokémon that cannot evolve. It’d be like doing a raid for a male Combee.

Enlong on
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Hahaha what.

I did a Tera Raid to catch a Salandit.

A male Salandit.

So I did a raid for a Pokémon that cannot evolve. It’d be like doing a raid for a male Combee.

Yo

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Ah dang. My sympathies.

• Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    I was so late for school on my first day, you guys. So late.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Oh hell yeah, Pokemon finally did something that I've literally always wanted
    Fight vs a trainer using 6 eeveelutions

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    What is up with the Student trainer type?

I’ve seen Students younger than Youngster Joey, and Students who look older than my dad.

Kinda makes the joke of the “hello fellow kids” guy not quite as funny, because there are legitimately students that old.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited November 2022

I’ve seen Students younger than Youngster Joey, and Students who look older than my dad.

Kinda makes the joke of the “hello fellow kids” guy not quite as funny, because there are legitimately students that old.
    They mention in the game theres no age limit to enrollment in the academy.

What they should mention is why the adult students still have to wear tiny shorts.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »

They mention in the game theres no age limit to enrollment in the academy.

What they should mention is why the adult students still have to wear tiny shorts.

Well you see, they're comfy and easy to wear.

• Options
    Because they’re c- damn! Beat to the punch.

• Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    Maaaan, if I was just a little bit faster I could have had the devil's dex. 66 hours and 15 minutes to complete a living dex this go around. Final pokemon was Quaxly's final evo. 50 hours and some change in Scarlet, only 16 in Violet. Still have to do the post-game in Violet though but luckily that isn't required for any catches.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I hit a point where I just stopped fighting trainers and fd off into the wilderness and the game is basically like “that’s fine, come on back if you ever want a TM” and I really love that feel of not being stuck on a path with impassable battles

• Options
    Ok, I don’t know what Nurse Joy was thinking when she told me to go after the Earth Titan. But when this thing is one-shotting most of my guys, and then my partner comes up with a level 44 dude when I only have level 30 stuff, I think maybe I’m here too early.

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Ok, I don’t know what Nurse Joy was thinking when she told me to go after the Earth Titan. But when this thing is one-shotting most of my guys, and then my partner comes up with a level 44 dude when I only have level 30 stuff, I think maybe I’m here too early.

She told me to go fight the fighting team star base and HAHAHA holy shit these dudes are like level 50 my highest is 41 my goodness nurse Joy you sociopath.

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    The final pokemon for the fighting team base is uh... it's...
    it boosts its ATK and SPD, twice the HP of a regular pokemon, it's immune to burn, it can't be forced out because it's always last.

why did you think this was okay, game devs? i was playing fair! i was underleveled! there is no solution but BRUTE FORCE. or, like, haze, i guess.
    (it kept outspeeding and OHKOing my Clear Smog user)

• Options
    I'm on the final stretch, finished all 3 main storylines and just
    went down to Area Zero

Holy fuck this is so cool

this is pretty easily my favorite first playthrough of a pokemon game, and I don't think it's even remotely close.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Does the game eventually introduce a way to change a Pokémon’s Tera Type?

• Options
    DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular

Yes, although collecting the requisite doodads can be onerous

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular

Is it a reroll or more like TMs where there's a specific thing for a specific tera type?

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Tox wrote: »

Is it a reroll or more like TMs where there's a specific thing for a specific tera type?

It's picking a specific type, but you need 50 of that specific tera shard to swap.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    KizmittKizmitt Registered User regular
    Surprise trade has netted me, amonst the standard early game mons, a sprigatito (my starter but appreciate it not being another pawmi), two quaxlys and an Iron Valiant? Having Scarlet this was a very surprising trade. I gave them an eevee...

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

Yes
    If you don't want spoilers I suggest you take an art class

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    I don’t understand Let’s Go mode. The pokemon you have out is supposed to get into battles and stuff on its own? Mine just stands around doing nothing.

• Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    You need to press R while pointing at a wild pokemon, and it will go attack it, then keep attacking.

• Options
    edited November 2022
    So if you were a pokemon character, which type of gym would you be a member of?

For me I think it generally depends on the game/region, is the answer I'd want to give. National Dex I'd say Fighting, but if I had to pick one type to be in any game at random I'd say Normal.

Tox on
  • Options
    You need to press R while pointing at a wild pokemon, and it will go attack it, then keep attacking.

And the point of it is to get a bit of EXP without doing the full battle. It’s also a neat way to grind for TM materials.

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular

For me I think it generally depends on the game, is the answer I'd want to give. National Dex I'd say Fighting, but if I had to pick one type to be in any game at random I'd say Normal.

Poison, 100%. Me and a friend of mine like to do monotype teams and I always build a poison type team first, and then whatever else I feel like second. Once I get into the post-game I'll be making a poison team here too. Lots of cool new poison types were added this game as well!

• Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    If I had to be a gym leader I’d be a melodramatic Dark Lord themed dragon type gym leader who dresses up his gym like a castle filled with very obvious puzzles. I’d narrate each room a trainer enters like an over enthusiastic DM.
    cp7ilf4t39sg.png
    4b90acss0kpv.png
    7s3330sr1s25.png
    m6evuzmzsc78.png
    y5vndv1gvbvb.png
    a4m2kb65utye.png

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular

Viridian

• Options
    Oh! Oh. What gym would I join as a trainer? Definitely Verbank.

strd94xv2egs.png

Peak design. Poison on the stage. Actually has a song. 10/10.

• Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Fire type or Steel type for me. Scientist bent, with the lab coat et al. Maybe Cinnabar?

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Well, Pokemon Scarlet & Violet have sold over 10 million in the first three days.

Officially making it;

Biggest Pokemon launch ever
    Biggest Switch launch ever
    Biggest Nintendo launch ever
    Biggest Console Exclusive launch of all time

So. . . Congrats I guess?

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    People like sandwiches. It was foolproof.

• Options
    Or else I'd be the Flying type gym dude who, after you beat me, you unlock all flight and/or fast travel modes you didn't already have unlocked.

• Options
    Doesn’t every Pokemon (mainline) game break all the records of the previous one? There’s a reason it’s the biggest IP on the planet.

• Options
    KizmittKizmitt Registered User regular
    I'd be a ghost gym leader cause my team would be dead on arrival.

• Options
    ChallChall Registered User regular
    I'll call dibs on the Dog type gym. Only dog type pokemon here. When you finish your gym challenge you can pet the dogs

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    If I was a gym owner, my gym would be a bug and grass type one. Not that they'd all have to be big/grass, but one or the other would be good. Or at least look like a bug

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    My gym would be whatever let me use Ttar, objectively the coolest Pokemon of all time

So uh, Rock or Dark I guess. Or just say fuck it and make a Sand gym

7h8wnycre6vs.png