As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
We're funding a new Acquisitions Incorporated series on Kickstarter right now! Check it out at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pennyarcade/acquisitions-incorporated-the-series-2

The little crystal turtle [Pokémon] is pretty cute.

1434446484971

Posts

  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Its the Galarian Meowth/Perrserker. Their HA is 'The power of Steel-type moves used by a Pokémon with Steely Spirit and its allies is increased by 50%.' so you stack 3 or 4 of them on a team. 3 people use attack cheer, one person uses screech to lower defense, then 2nd round everyone uses a high damage steel attack and you oneshot 5-6 star raids.

    n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
    Lucedes
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Ahhh ok. I was looking only at Paldean Steel-types.

  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Thanks to Austin John Plays I am inching ever closer to getting the Scarlet mons I need to complete my dex and get my shiny charm.

    I'm about 17 away?

    ChallKing Riptor
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Got a ditto which finally means I can go egg crazy to hatch some starters and exclusives for wonder trade fodder. <3

    You know, despite Larvesta looking pure evil, its a surprisingly good nanny.

    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
    Chall
  • ChallChall Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Got a ditto which finally means I can go egg crazy to hatch some starters and exclusives for wonder trade fodder. <3

    You know, despite Larvesta looking pure evil, its a surprisingly good nanny.

    I understand this, every Pokemon I've bred thinks Talonflame is their mommy

    Dr. ChaosLucedes
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    I keep forgetting to mention this but yeah, don't sleep on your pokedex evaluations, guys. Not the ones Jaques asks for but the one you find in the pokedex itself.

    You get something for like every ten entries like specialty balls and evo stones. Its nice.

    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
    ChallPolaritie
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    Man swapping in a low level mon should be an insta ban for online raids.

    Id be willing to do tradebacks for mons I have. I should have all the paradox and I think all the other scarlet exculsives I will check. I know I got my charcadet one heh.

    Jubal77 on
  • akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »
    Hey Folks, we bred some copies of the meta regional steel pokemon that needs hidden ability to really shine. They all have the HA and mostly max IVs. (Next round will have perfect IVs but have a box full of non-max) so if anyone needs one to prepare for higher end raids hit me up and i'll be happy to trade you one.

    I'd like one. I think we might already be switch friends?

    Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    What’s the method for getting HA ‘mons this time? Tera raids?

    Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
    Cruor
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    akjak wrote: »
    What’s the method for getting HA ‘mons this time? Tera raids?

    Yeah 6* raids can drop ability patches.

    Cruor
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    akjak wrote: »
    CorriganX wrote: »
    Hey Folks, we bred some copies of the meta regional steel pokemon that needs hidden ability to really shine. They all have the HA and mostly max IVs. (Next round will have perfect IVs but have a box full of non-max) so if anyone needs one to prepare for higher end raids hit me up and i'll be happy to trade you one.

    I'd like one. I think we might already be switch friends?

    im down to trade whenever, you can message me on steam when you're free and we'll trade em :)

    n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    I keep forgetting to mention this but yeah, don't sleep on your pokedex evaluations, guys. Not the ones Jaques asks for but the one you find in the pokedex itself.

    You get something for like every ten entries like specialty balls and evo stones. Its nice.

    Those quick balls didn't last though. Quick ball, as ever, has like 80-90% success or better on most wild pokemon, so I just started firing them all off on everything I saw for more entries.

    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    I keep forgetting to mention this but yeah, don't sleep on your pokedex evaluations, guys. Not the ones Jaques asks for but the one you find in the pokedex itself.

    You get something for like every ten entries like specialty balls and evo stones. Its nice.

    Those quick balls didn't last though. Quick ball, as ever, has like 80-90% success or better on most wild pokemon, so I just started firing them all off on everything I saw for more entries.
    Quick Balls are basically cheating.

    Gamefreak probably should but thank god they've never nerfed them. They're glorious, I always keep a hundred minimum on me when they become available for purchase.

    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • ChallChall Registered User regular
    Quick balls and Repeat balls once you fill out the Dex

    Dr. Chaos
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    If I throw a quick ball and it fails I start to seriously consider if I even want to actually catch the pokemon and sometimes just leave. Although now you can run away and re-engage to get another quick ball chance if you want.

    n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
    ph blakeDr. ChaosStormwatcher
  • ChallChall Registered User regular
    I was trying to catch one of the new legendaries and was using dusk balls but it changed to day in the game so I caught a legendary in a Timer ball and I'm trying to figure out if I'm okay with that or I need to start the game over to fix it

  • RamiRami Registered User regular
    Is there seriously not even a hall of fame in this game? Not even trainer card stars?

    GF really overdid it doing PLA and SV at the same time.

    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Damn, multi-hit moves don't actually do anything for Bellibolt's signature ability (it still triggers each time, but the charges don't stack)

    Guess my tera ground Maushold population bomb + Bellibolt Discharge dreams are dead before they even got started.

  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Arven is the best.

    Jubal77RamiCruorph blakeVyolynce
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    So here's something neat.

    We have 8 Gym leaders and 5 Star bosses. Each one uses a different type, with no overlap between Gyms and Star. With 8 leaders, 5 Star bosses, and the Elite 4, that's 17 types being represented in the game's main story. Which is just slightly annoying, because there are 18 Pokemon types, which leaves just one out. But there's something you can find out by doing enough classes and social link stuff at school.
    The math teacher, Tyme (who is the Ghost leader Ryme's sister) used to be a Gym leader. And she used Rock types, which is the one type not represented in the current crop of officials and Star bosses. So the game managed to sneak in that last type, on a character who at the very least used to be a Gym Leader

    LucedesPolaritieinitiatefailure
  • KizmittKizmitt Registered User regular
    Now that I've seen the credits here are my minor quibbles with this game:

    1. If I am not allowed to set up a picnic while riding koraidon then just make me auto dismount. You do it for trainer battles Why must you be so difficult?

    2. Why can't revives be included in auto heal? Also if you only have max potions and full restores auto heal refuses to work.

    3. Why when I am taking a selfie am I holding the phone? You have already established that the damn phones float on their own is my character just incompetent with technology?

    4. No pumpkaboo in the autumn zone wounds me specifically. Bramblin can die in a fire if not for already being a ghost.

    EnlongDr. ChaosTurambar
  • LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    So here's something neat.

    We have 8 Gym leaders and 5 Star bosses. Each one uses a different type, with no overlap between Gyms and Star. With 8 leaders, 5 Star bosses, and the Elite 4, that's 17 types being represented in the game's main story. Which is just slightly annoying, because there are 18 Pokemon types, which leaves just one out. But there's something you can find out by doing enough classes and social link stuff at school.
    The math teacher, Tyme (who is the Ghost leader Ryme's sister) used to be a Gym leader. And she used Rock types, which is the one type not represented in the current crop of officials and Star bosses. So the game managed to sneak in that last type, on a character who at the very least used to be a Gym Leader

    the titans have the same typing as the e4 + rock (nominally) so all 18 types are represented on the map

    Vyolynce
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    Oh good point.

    That also means by the end you’ll have 18 badges; one for each type. Chew on that, Gary Oak.

    Enlong on
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    So this is a fun little bit of Team Star trivia I just discovered
    the team bases are named after the stars in the constellation Cassiopeia

    Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
    PolaritieCruorChallKizmittJubal77VyolynceStormwatcher
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Man, those elemental taurus are harder to spawn than I thought they would be.

    Guess they're rare.

    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
    Chall
  • CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Man, those elemental taurus are harder to spawn than I thought they would be.

    Guess they're rare.

    I found mine in the middle of a large pack of non-elemental ones.

  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Oh good point.
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Man, those elemental taurus are harder to spawn than I thought they would be.

    Guess they're rare.

    If you eat an Encounter Power Fire (Scarlet) or Water (Violet) sandwich, and go to a place that has large herds of Tauros, you should be able to find one relatively quick.

    Something I've learned is that when I'm having particular trouble finding a certain pokemon, the answer is usually sandwiches. For example, I spent about an hour searching fruitlessly for a Tandemaus, but eating a Tofu sandwich for Encounter Power Normal had me tripping over at least 3 of the guys.

    King Riptor
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    i have had a significantly easier time doing 5* raids with the NPCs than with actual people

    I just am very confused by this change of events

    initiatefailure on
  • ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    I'm just going to build an Iron Hands Belly drum raid deleter and stick to solo raids.

    Sick of getting Gate kept by assholes running Meowth who cancel the raid if somebodys not using one.

    Lucedes
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    i have had a significantly easier time doing 5* raids with the NPCs than with actual people

    I just am very confused by this change of events
    The amount of people that don't factor in what the original type is or just want to show off their shiny is frustrating yeah

    King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Oh my fucking god

    I spent the past two days grinding normal terra raids for the 50 shards I need to swap my Dragonite to tera normal type (extreme speed goes brrrrrrrrrr). Finally get it done, then go to the eatery place where you actually swap types...

    and they give you 50 normal shards for free

    Endless_SerpentsPolaritieVyolynceCruorEnlongGoose!akjakToxKing RiptorLucedes
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Can you get those pastel magnemites? No?
    Unfortunately, no.

    I’m just saying:
    p80t8wxwmtuo.jpeg

    Magnemogal are formed when magnemite attach themselves to the most popular magnemite in the area. The one on top absorbs the magnetic power of those below them to affect increasing numbers of magnemite.

    Endless_Serpents on
    Cruor
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Zunde wrote: »
    I'm just going to build an Iron Hands Belly drum raid deleter and stick to solo raids.

    Sick of getting Gate kept by assholes running Meowth who cancel the raid if somebodys not using one.

    What the heck is this? What is the point of running Meowths? Not even Persian?

    What, is everyone trying to spam Pay Day to get extra money? There's better ways to do that, but that's the only thing I can think of for running Meowth.
    Heck, if you want money, they could make a team of Goldengho instead

  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Looking at their signature moves and hidden abilities, I'm really happy with what they've done with the starter pokemon this gen. Each one has a useful set of tricks that makes them fun to use even outside of the main story, it seems.
    Meowscarada gets an auto-hit, auto-crit grass move that can blow past defensive stat boosts, and it gets Protean. Protean got nerfed, but being able to get STAB on any type, even one time, is pretty sweet.

    Skeledirge gets a power-crept version of Fiery Dance (in that it always boosts special attack), meaning it can snowball up a huge special attack stat, in a manner reminiscent of what Mega-Kangaskhan did with ATK. And it gets Unaware as an ability, which again lets it blow past defensive stat boosts.

    Quaquavael gets a speed-boosting signature attack, and it gets Moxie, meaning it can snowball huge Speed and ATK boosts if it keeps KOing stuff. Which is very generically good.

    It's nice when the starters get a lot of love and are useful in battle.

  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    I ended up playing a ton over the weekend. I am now mostly done with the three "main quests" - I just need to do the Elite 4 for the gym path. I was actually super impressed with how sweet the storylines of the other two paths were. After the mess that was Galar it was kind of a relief to have a Pokemon game with a non-shit story! (well, relatively speaking)

    Performance continues to be garbage trash (and at one point even the MENUS were lagging terribly - I was so worried the game was gonna crash.. like, I'd catch a new Pokemon and the "putting it in the Pokedex" animation was in slow motion.. it was BAD. This is right after a restart of the game btw - been shutting it down and loading fresh each time cuz I know of the memory leak).

    You know, been thinking about these issues too. It's a real, real shame because I think I actually really like this game. If you ignore the gross state it was released in, the gameplay is fun, I like the story and characters, I like a lot of the new Pokemon (I have even come around on Quaxly's final evo seeing it in motion). I even noticed it doesn't seem like they've done the "Pokemon thing" where there's like five stock NPCs and they just reuse them everywhere. People actually seem to have unique appearances (I'm assuming they leveraged the player customization system for hairstyles and the like which is something they should have been doing for awhile now). There's some genuine effort put in almost everywhere *but* the technical aspects of the game :/ (also shops, I don't like the menu shops). There's still things I don't like, like how you can't customize your shirt and pants or the lack of sparkle/sound for shinies (whyyyyyy??????!?!?!) but overall it's a fun game. When it's not running like dogshit... *sigh*

    I don't understand why they didn't get Monolith to help. Like, look at any Xenoblade game on Switch and compare it to Pokemon, a game that looks way worse and also runs like trash. Hell, look at Breath of the Wild, a game Monolith assisted on. Monolith are like THE "giant open world on Switch" pros. Baffles me.

    Random side note, fuck that Math class. Why is literally every question a trick question? This feels like one of those stupidly accurate depictions of the kind of teacher that likes to fuck over their students with bullshit quiz questions. God forbid I answer your dumb math question like a MATH question and not take into account the fucking free Premier Ball (YOU ARE TEACHING BAD MATH! 2000/200 does not equal 11!!!!), and then on the test you fucking turn it around and say GREAT BALL to fuck with people again. Arggg... I have feelings about this course. Then I did Languages and it was like Festival Plaza 2.0 easy sauce :P

    Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    Enlong wrote: »
    Zunde wrote: »
    I'm just going to build an Iron Hands Belly drum raid deleter and stick to solo raids.

    Sick of getting Gate kept by assholes running Meowth who cancel the raid if somebodys not using one.

    What the heck is this? What is the point of running Meowths? Not even Persian?

    What, is everyone trying to spam Pay Day to get extra money? There's better ways to do that, but that's the only thing I can think of for running Meowth.
    Heck, if you want money, they could make a team of Goldengho instead

    Its Perrserkers that use setup to "one shot". It is like the Iron Hands belly drum build or the Goldengho Iron Beam setup build. You Taunt, Screech, Cheer then all Iron Head together as Perrserker.

    Some people are gate keeping and unless you show Perrserker they swap in a low level (if not lead) or cancel raid if they are lead. Ive run into it a couple of times myself. Taking the Iron Hands or Goldengho into groups can cause problems as the setup is more. Belly Drum you lose hp and so if people start destroying the mob it will null stats. Gholengo you want to nasty plot 2-3x (2 for 5*) and Metal Sound 2-3x and the mob will null stat changes on itself early and on the group at 1/3 or so hp so can lose all your setup easy.

    Jubal77 on
  • CruorCruor Registered User regular
    It's good to know you get 50 normal tera shards for free, I have plans for a tera-normal Noivern with Boomburst

    Endless_Serpents
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »
    It's good to know you get 50 normal tera shards for free, I have plans for a tera-normal Noivern with Boomburst

    there's at least 2 other types you can get free
    dragon and rock you can get from your teachers for completing all of their classes and the small interludes to form a bond with them

    Cruor
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »
    It's good to know you get 50 normal tera shards for free, I have plans for a tera-normal Noivern with Boomburst

    there's at least 2 other types you can get free
    dragon and rock you can get from your teachers for completing all of their classes and the small interludes to form a bond with them
    Art and Math teachers, I'm guessing?

  • ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    CorriganX wrote: »
    Hey Folks, we bred some copies of the meta regional steel pokemon that needs hidden ability to really shine. They all have the HA and mostly max IVs. (Next round will have perfect IVs but have a box full of non-max) so if anyone needs one to prepare for higher end raids hit me up and i'll be happy to trade you one.

    Gonna have to hit you up for one. Was breeding it for IVs before realizing I needed the HA.

    [edit] Does that mean a Pokemon with a HA which evolves gets the evolved state's HA by default?

    Zetx on
    76561197966849367.png
Sign In or Register to comment.