As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The little crystal turtle [Pokémon] is pretty cute.

• KandenKanden Registered User regular
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited December 2022
    Is Tera Normal a good idea for Skeledirge? I'm thinking it would help dodge Ghost-type moves, and would allow for STAB on Hyper Voice. Though Hyper Voice STAB really only comes into play if he's up against a Fire/Water/Rock/Dragon + Dark mon, specifically. But I guess those aren't too rare as combos. The game did introduce a new, popular, Dragon/Dark 'mon, for example.

Enlong on
  • TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    If I had seen its evolution earlier I might have given it a chance but fidough is a crime against god and nature and I immediately avoided all of them forever

Their design is a bit underdone, but they just need some time to prove themselves.

How did I not think to name mine Hollywood?

• ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    I love Marks

My shiny Iron hands has the Cloud-Watcher mark so i named him Nazeem.

He is Nazeem the cloud-watcher

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Is Tera Normal a good idea for Skeledirge? I'm thinking it would help dodge Ghost-type moves, and would allow for STAB on Hyper Voice. Though Hyper Voice STAB really only comes into play if he's up against a Fire/Water/Rock/Dragon + Dark mon, specifically. But I guess those aren't too rare as combos. The game did introduce a new, popular, Dragon/Dark 'mon, for example.

defensive tera's like normal are tricky to evaluate early on, a lot of it is gonna wind up depending on what the meta looks like

if you're only seeing ghost pokemon when like, mimikyu is setting up trick room, for example, then how much do you really care about getting that immunity, right?

liEt3nH.png
    That's a fair point.

Perhaps then it would be more useful to teach it Earth Power or some other niche coverage move, and make it an appropriate Tera type.

Or Slack Off; but I can't teach my original starter that.

• CruorCruor Registered User regular
    That's a fair point.

Perhaps then it would be more useful to teach it Earth Power or some other niche coverage move, and make it an appropriate Tera type.

Or Slack Off; but I can't teach my original starter that.

You can! Have it hold a Mirror Herb, make sure it has a move slot open, and have a picnic with a Pokemon that knows Slack Off (doesn't matter if it's opposite sex or even if it's in the same egg group) and your Skeledirge will learn it. It's a new feature in this game to allow for easy egg move transference.

Oh wow!

Dang, that's cool! I like that they've been adding items and other methods to allow a particular pokemon to learn all the stuff that you'd previously need to just breed for.

I also like how, even if you use one of the Mints to change your pokemon's stats to a particular Nature, it'll still show the original Nature in the pokemon's summary. Helps keep the original unique.

edited December 2022
    I woke up today and chose violence.

"Man i need to start trying to hatch a shiny starter."

10 Eggs.

It only took 10 eggs to hatch a shiny Sprigitito.

I like that using a Mint does not change the nature. Keeping the pokemon unique but i wish it would like add a Mint icon to something on the summary screen just so i don't keep trying to use a mint on the same pokemon because my brain hates me and i forget if i have minted it already or not.

Zunde on
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    I know its not what you want but when you use a mint it does change the up and down arrows on the stats.

• akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    I didn’t even get to 6 star raids yet, so what? There’s duping already? Credits roll last night, now I gotta go knock over the gyms again!? Sheesh.

Time to spend another dozen hours on breeding projects I suppose.

I just want a HA Sprigatito, and also a HA Vavoom. Anyone got Patches they wanna share?

If you bottlecap something, will those stats be used in breeding? Could I bottlecap my one Ditto and go to town?

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
    akjak wrote: »
    I didn’t even get to 6 star raids yet, so what? There’s duping already? Credits roll last night, now I gotta go knock over the gyms again!? Sheesh.

Time to spend another dozen hours on breeding projects I suppose.

I just want a HA Sprigatito, and also a HA Vavoom. Anyone got Patches they wanna share?

If you bottlecap something, will those stats be used in breeding? Could I bottlecap my one Ditto and go to town?

I'm pretty sure bottlecapped IVs do not get passed down through breeding

akjak wrote: »

Nope, neither do Minted Natures. Best thing to do is 6-star Ditto raid, since those have IIRC 5 perfect IVs.

I havent seen confirmation that they dont work but they didnt before. Bottlecap was like mints and just changed the working nature and bottlecaps did the same. They didnt actually change the real IVs of the pokemon.

Bottlecap IVs don't pass down through breeding unfortunately.

So the strats for both Gholdengo and Perrserker are “raise yours stats a bunch, then kapow”, so wouldn’t the Clear Amulet be a better held item than Metal Coat? Every time I’ve tried setting up on these tera raids, the enemy does that “wipes all stat changes” on me. So it ends up wasting my cheers or Nasty Plots anyway.

edited December 2022
    For 5 stars 3 nasty plots (I do the nasty plots first as the mob will clear itself first and then later you) and one metal sound is enough usually unless it is a not effective dmg mob. For 6 stars you can usually get 3 and 3 off. It is time based so just make sure you arent letting it sit there and entering in commands asap. Even in offline.

Jubal77 on
    I’m mostly doing random onlines, and I often just… lose my turn? No matter how fast I click.

Online raids need some intense fixing. I can't count the number of times the game just sits there, not prompting me for any actions, and then randomly my Pokemon will use a move that wasn't selected. Also, raids are just hilariously overtuned at the moment, which is why you end up with things like the "one-shot to avoid dealing with the over-tuned mechanics" meta.

How do raids deal with your pokemon's level, BTW? Can you level up to power through certain ones, or does it equalize levels like some online vs modes do?

Raids have specific levels. I think 5* are level 75, and 6* are 100. The level of the Pokemon you bring is not adjusted, I don't think.

Ah.

On a different topic, I've been training up a Grimmsnarl because I figure my in-game team could use a supporter. Does a set of Spirit Break, Reflect, Light Screen, and Parting Shot make sense? Dude can set up screens and then run away while debuffing stuff.

edited December 2022
    They wouldn’t be so bad if it wasn’t like “terathing your pokemon!” yeah… except you took all that. I’ve never, ever been able to tera in a raid.

akjak on
    The enemy raid pokemon has put up a shield Tera your pokemon to break through it.

Jerk mcraid boss steals your tera orb power

The pokemon has unleashed it's energy blasting you out of the cavern!

edited December 2022
    I’ve been trying to defeat this 5 star dragapult all morning. Most of the time it has Cursed Body and I wants it.

If it would attack literally anyone else on my team ever, I might have a chance. But yeah, I’m getting tilted by these raids

akjak on
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited December 2022
    What moves do you recommend for Daschbun?
    Oh, I'm terrible at coming up with builds and even worse at actually using them (I haven't even really fought online since the golden age of Gen V) but the main thing I've been eyeing is baton pass.

Keep something with a big giant neon sign that says "burn me with fire", switch in, substitute, buff it one more time and wing it from there or drain their brains out with draining kiss. Like a lot of the underdog pokemon, its going to require abit of luck to not crumble but should be glorious on the occasion I can get it moving.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
    Daschbun could run Trailblaze, Substitute, Work-up, Baton-Pass. That way you have options for boosting speed or offenses in addition to passing along any defensive boosts you can get from the ability. Trailblaze also makes sure it's not complete and total Taunt-bait. It's not much better than just being Taunt-bait, but it's something!

Could also potentially run Weakness Policy as the item if you think you can tank a single physical poison or steel move (does weakness policy activate if it's the substitute that's hit?), and then Baton-Pass that boost along.

I guess then the Daschbun could be Tera Grass, so you can potentially hit hard with Trailblaze if need be.

• DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    I might go steel, so you can free-nope a poison hit to have time to get an extra round of buff in before the baton?

Steam ID: Right here.
    edited December 2022
    Got my Charizard, Azumarill 2 stronk, couple notes
    It is level 100 when caught, perfect ivs, I don't know if I got lucky but mines got a modest nature which is sweet. Gives 10 dragon tera shards and a bunch of pretty good rewards.i don't know if there's different movesets, but none of the ones I fought ever used a steel move

Kanden on
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    The charizard is trade locked and bred charmanders are also trade restricted

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
    Important information about the Charizard raid and raids in general.

The health bar randomly refilling is a bug revolving around the attack Play rough which currently has a chance to bug out and actually HEAL the enemy instead of damage them in raids. This is why you're seeing the charizard suddenly fill its health back up.

Found a late addition to put on my team before rounding out the last couple challenges of the main quest:
    Glimmora is super cool. I wish I'd seen it my first time through the caves under Psychic City. Really good stats, unique typing, and a killer ability? Hell yeah, sign me up! Sad to see Garganacl benched after being a key spot on my team from the time he was a little tiny Nacli, but I need a special attacker more anyway.

I was toying around with building a vaguely competitive team to battle with a few of my friends, and was going to base around using Forretress as a lead to set up a round or two of Toxic Spikes paired with an Alomomola to Wish him some health back, and something with Leech Seed and perhaps Substitute for maximum draining/annoyance. Now I kind of wonder if I'm better off using Glimmora instead, provided I can anticipate my opponent and swap in on a move that's not going to kill it.

I don't think I've ever gotten to use a Forretress though, and it's one of my favs. I suppose I could use both....

• AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Kanden wrote: »
    Got my Charizard, Azumarill 2 stronk, couple notes
    It is level 100 when caught, perfect ivs, I don't know if I got lucky but mines got a modest nature which is sweet. Gives 10 dragon tera shards and a bunch of pretty good rewards.i don't know if there's different movements, but none of the ones I fought ever used a steel move
    Can confirm that what you got is guaranteed. Took me a lot longer to get it, though. Had a whole bunch of super close calls that seemed like it should have died, but bugs/desync said no. Also had one run where I missed two back to back Play Roughs at the end with Tera Fairy and Belly Drum up. That hurt.

When I finally won, it wasn't even close. Still had half the time remaining. Might have been one faint total.

Correction on above it's not actually healing the boss the damage display for Play rough is wonky as all hell and when the boss suddenly gets a bunch of health back after play rough is used it's the server "correcting" the display.

• CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    We've been oneshotting it on turn 2 with our team.

Azumarill belly drums turn 1, turn 2 play rough after everyone else has inputted their attacks. Use a life orb.
    Any non-weak to fire level 100 mon Atk Cheers turn 1, Heal cheers turn 2.
    Iron Moth or any anti-fire mon with Screech uses it turn 1 and 2.

Azumarill with perfect IVs and EVs one shots the Charizard and you collect your prizes. We've had people who havent even unlocked 6 star raids just bring any level 100 mon and join in as the cheer slot and get it knocked out. We use 4 screech incase one misses without perfect accuracy.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
    CorriganX wrote: »
    We've been oneshotting it on turn 2 with our team.

Azumarill belly drums turn 1, turn 2 play rough after everyone else has inputted their attacks. Use a life orb.
    Any non-weak to fire level 100 mon Atk Cheers turn 1, Heal cheers turn 2.

Azumarill with perfect IVs and EVs one shots the Charizard and you collect your prizes. We've had people who havent even unlocked 6 star raids just bring any level 100 mon and join in as the cheer slot and get it knocked out. We use 4 screech incase one misses without perfect accuracy.

That sounds cool

I was curious just how over-prepared we were. Went in solo with my Azumarill, literally just spammed play rough until it's pp was gone, then spammed aqua tail. Easily defeated the Charizard so that's good to know. I think that might be the play for solo raids, belly drum definitely ups dps but without some support it's way easy to die, lose the buff and chunk through your time.

edited December 2022
    Kanden wrote: »
    I was curious just how over-prepared we were. Went in solo with my Azumarill, literally just spammed play rough until it's pp was gone, then spammed aqua tail. Easily defeated the Charizard so that's good to know. I think that might be the play for solo raids, belly drum definitely ups dps but without some support it's way easy to die, lose the buff and chunk through your time.

Yeah that is my experience too. Charizard always hurricaned me twice when i hit belly drum heh and i died before my play rough went off. I got it done doing this and having rain dance up and my own light screen too.

Jubal77 on
  • DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    I got a six-star defiant annihilape raid and it's so insanely frustrating. I can't do it with bots because the AI tauros intimidate triggers defiant too early and it just one-shots everything. I can't do it with people because people are so fucking dumb and will run the timer down not staying alive.

I'm just stuck hoping I'll get a raid without some idiot belly drumming all their health four times in a row.