As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The little crystal turtle [Pokémon] is pretty cute.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Ugh, finally beat a level 5 raid. A Dragon-type Scyther.

The dude had X-Scissor, Swords Dance, Focus Energy, and Aerial Ace. He kept one-shotting my Flutter Mane halfway through the battle. Granted, it was only a level 90 Fultter Mane, but still.

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    edited December 2022
    Flutter Mane is so physically squishy that it's hard to bring them to anything they don't resist or if you don't have a good defensive-oriented support friend. I brought them to a 6*Steel Dondozo hoping to rely on mystical fire, thinking it wouldn't have a steel attack, but man was I wrong. Heavy Slam hurts

Cruor on
  • Options
    Mm, fair.

It's just, she was the strongest anti-dragon 'mon I currently have. Don't have an ultra-high-level Ice or Dragon type, and my high-level Sandy Shocks doesn't have anti-dragon moves. Gonna work on creating a more diverse stable of Raiders, but I felt like I had to at least try for the big meaty Moonblast on this one.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Legit surprised they didn’t do a paradox Pikachu. I guess the design is considered sacred, even though every region gets a derivative mon.

Pawmi is the best electric mouse in a while I think. Helps that it actually evolves. And it gets an extremely unique move with its defibrillator hands.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    I should do the post-game gym thing and other stuff to unlock 6 star raids but I keep getting distracted by the ones I already can see.

Spent a lot of time banging my head against a Psychic Tera Gothithelle that had Thunderbolt and Thunderwave. To date, my raid family was Iron Hands, Azumarill, and Flutter Mane so I ended up taking an EV Trained Roaring Moon and feeding it candy. First few goes didn't work because I'd get paralyzed and unable to do anything for multiple rounds in a row. Fed it more candy to just outlevel the raid by a bit and eventually broke through after some close calls. In retrospect, I should have tried a Choice Band since all I did was spam one Dark attack but I was operating on tilt after a few failed attempts.

Online raids have been hit and miss just due to connecting and teammates. I did however snag a Scizor from a 5 star raid that I'm tempted to train into an anti Psychic and Fairy raider.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    Do I still need to trade to make scyther evolve?

• Options
    Kupi wrote: »
    The raid misery is why I pull my classic online RPG gambit: play the role everyone needs and nobody wants. I have a Gardevoir with Life Dew, Reflect, Light Screen, and Moonblast, with Light Clay for the item. I think a Hatterene with the Healer ability does it even better, but teams just do so much better with reliable healing and half damage the improvement would be marginal at best.

I definitely want to make some non-sweeper raid 'mons but there are so many ways that can go it's been hard to figure out where to start. There's temptation to start with healing output but also as much to start with a debuffer.

I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »

yes

I have one I'm waiting to evolve, if you want to do a swap later. You can also find Scizors in raids if you're very lucky.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited December 2022

I was really hoping Arceus meant the end of that kinda stuff but guess not yet. This game was developed in tandem though so we'll see if that's a convention they finally ditch later (and not just them saying "we don't want held items in Arceus so um, half ass solution"). Honestly I'd be more than happy to see them go even more towards the Arceus direction, but I suspect they'll save that as a "spinoff format" :/ (FWIW they did implement a lot of the good stuff here tho)

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Got all 400 of the mons and got me a shiny dreepy and a shiny gastly. Now to start building a competitive team...or make more sandwiches to catch more shinies...

• Options
    edited December 2022
    Oh btw, fuck Slakoth. What the hell. I was trying to find one last night - I see it on my map so I know it spawns there. After searching and clearing spawns with let's go for like an hour, look it up, they're in trees. Yeah, been checking those too, but now I know for sure. Still must have checked about 100 trees before I found one. I legit found a SHINY first (it was Luxio). This stupid ass thing is harder to find than a shiny. What the hell.

I know I could have bred for one but at that point it was the principle...

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    They did add some nice stuff from PLA here. Most notably the nearly-effortless move remembering format. Which includes TM moves even.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Oh btw, fuck Slakoth. What the hell. I was trying to find one last night - I see it on my map so I know it spawns there. After searching and clearing spawns with let's go for like an hour, look it up, they're in trees. Yeah, been checking those too, but now I know for sure. Still must have checked about 100 trees before I found one. I legit found a SHINY first (it was Luxio). This stupid ass thing is harder to find than a shiny. What the hell.

There's a glowing one in the bamboo area by the fighting star base. Vigoroth are frikkin everywhere too

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    edited December 2022

There's a glowing one in the bamboo area by the fighting star base. Vigoroth are frikkin everywhere too

No, that's a Sloking.

I just bred my Slakoth. Giant nuisance. I found two Applins but zero Slakoths? GTFO.

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular

Dragonites are more common than Slakoffs. Fucking DRAGONITES.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    I've got a 6 star Amoongus raid and I think it's legitimately impossible solo, nothing short of 3-4 people who can actually talk to each and coordinated a proper strategy is going beat this shit. It's maddening.

sig.gif
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Rami wrote: »
    I've got a 6 star Amoongus raid and I think it's legitimately impossible solo, nothing short of 3-4 people who can actually talk to each and coordinated a proper strategy is going beat this shit. It's maddening.

Get the hood held item in lavenica

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Covert Cloak? The one that prevents additional effects from attacks? What moves is the mushroom using?

• Options
    STarting to have better luck with 5-star raids. Beat a Gengar with Rock, and he has Cursed Body, which is neat.

I also beat a 4-star Raid for a basic Paldean Tauros. And it has Cud Chew as a secret ability, which is very interesting. Using a berry twice feels like it has room for shenanigans, particularly with the healing or boositng berries.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Taunt is also good in a lot of those kinds of raids.

• Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    Clear smog was my big problem with every amoongus I tried. Does damage so taunt won't stop it, secondary affect of clearing all star changes, I think the cloak would block the stat changes?

• Options
    Yeah, it’s a secondary effect of the attack. So the cloak should do.

• Options
    YAY! I beat a wild 6-star Tera Raid for a Scizor! And with Tera Fighting, which is fun because they can learn moves like Close Combat and Mach Punch.

...unfortunately, this Scizor has the Hidden Ability Light Metal instead of Technician. And it seems I can't use an Ability Capsule for this. Is there a way to swap from a hidden ability to a non-hidden one?

• Options
    The patches can switch em now I think

• Options
    Ah, I see. And which type of raid do I need to go after to have a chance of dropping those?

• Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    So I have a weird problem..
    I’m out pulling up stakes for the ruinous legendaries. Two of my yellow stakes just… aren’t there. One of them is even somewhere super obvious so I shouldn’t be just overlooking it. I’ve tried restarting the game to no avail. Any ideas? I even went to the seal to see if I’d pulled them earlier and forgot, but one of the chains is still in place.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    Ah, I see. And which type of raid do I need to go after to have a chance of dropping those?

6 stars have a rare chance to drop them, a little less than 5% chance I think.

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    akjak wrote: »
    I’m out pulling up stakes for the ruinous legendaries. Two of my yellow stakes just… aren’t there. One of them is even somewhere super obvious so I shouldn’t be just overlooking it. I’ve tried restarting the game to no avail. Any ideas? I even went to the seal to see if I’d pulled them earlier and forgot, but one of the chains is still in place.
    One of the yellow stakes is underground, so if you're just following a map, that could explain that one. Here's hoping the second is one you pulled earlier and just forgot about.

I personally haven't heard of anyone having issues with stakes not spawning or something, but knowing this game, it wouldn't surprise me.

• Options
    One of the yellow stakes is underground, so if you're just following a map, that could explain that one. Here's hoping the second is one you pulled earlier and just forgot about.

I personally haven't heard of anyone having issues with stakes not spawning or something, but knowing this game, it wouldn't surprise me.
    I’m following a guide, I know I’ve been to all the right locations (found the underground one). The one that’s gone is behind that gym, which I could have found just through normal play. The other is on the southern waterfall, and I’ve been all over it and nothing. That’s one I may have pulled before following a guide tho. I’m reading that if you happen to pull stakes before actually finishing the history classes, you can bug it out. Or so it seems. Probably no Icerend legendary for me :(

• Options

I’m following a guide, I know I’ve been to all the right locations (found the underground one). The one that’s gone is behind that gym, which I could have found just through normal play. The other is on the southern waterfall, and I’ve been all over it and nothing. That’s one I may have pulled before following a guide tho. I’m reading that if you happen to pull stakes before actually finishing the history classes, you can bug it out. Or so it seems. Probably no Icerend legendary for me :(
    FYI - if you go to the doors you can see how many locks are still left on them. This would be a good way to double check what the game at least thinks you're missing (like if you forgot pulling one).

If this really is a bug, I wonder how this is treated if you visit a friend's world? Like, could you potentially get credit for the bugged stake if you (if possible) pulled it out on a different world where it still existed? That's sort of a long-shot hail mary play if there's actually a bug here, no idea if it'd work.

• Options

You'd want to raid your wallet. They sell for 100,000 at some stores. I forget if it was Delibird or Chansey and which city though.

Steam Profile
  • Options

FYI - if you go to the doors you can see how many locks are still left on them. This would be a good way to double check what the game at least thinks you're missing (like if you forgot pulling one).

If this really is a bug, I wonder how this is treated if you visit a friend's world? Like, could you potentially get credit for the bugged stake if you (if possible) pulled it out on a different world where it still existed? That's sort of a long-shot hail mary play if there's actually a bug here, no idea if it'd work.
    There’s one chain on it. If I visited someone else, wouldn’t that just bug theirs maybe?

It’s ability capsule you can buy, that switches between two non-hidden abilities. The Ability Patch (to switch to a hidden ability) can’t be bought, only earned in raids.

• Options

There’s one chain on it. If I visited someone else, wouldn’t that just bug theirs maybe?

It’s ability capsule you can buy, that switches between two non-hidden abilities. The Ability Patch (to switch to a hidden ability) can’t be bought, only earned in raids.
    Ahh, so there's only one you need then. Must have gotten the other one and forgotten (or something, the game thinks you got it :P). I honestly have no idea if it'd bug another person's world. TBH I suspect the stakes are probably tied to the world specifically so all you'd be doing is unlocking that stake for the friend, but I don't know.

You might also want to check your guide - maybe it's just wrong about the location? People throw these things up the day the game comes out so it wouldn't surprise me if there are errors here and there.

• Options
    And sadly, using the Ability Capsile can’t let you swap from hidden abilities to non-hidden. Crossing that barrier, either direction, requires the Patch.

—————

I’m currently leveling a Dondozo for raids, and I gotta say; Raids make for a pretty interesting form of post-game content. The requirements and strategy are very different from usual battles, and it creates an incentive to power-level super high.

• Options

Now I just need to touch a Miraidon

sig.gif
  • Options
    KizmittKizmitt Registered User regular
    What fascinates me about these games is that there doesn't seem to be a way to just see the other box Legend and the paradox mons.
    But even more so I never found someone who had the starter not chosen's first and second forms.
    Is this the first time you can't see every pokemon without trading?

• Options
    Kizmitt wrote: »
    What fascinates me about these games is that there doesn't seem to be a way to just see the other box Legend and the paradox mons.
    But even more so I never found someone who had the starter not chosen's first and second forms.
    Is this the first time you can't see every pokemon without trading?

No, Pokemon RBY already did that lol.

• Options
    Heck, in RB, you never got to see the third starter in any form.

There’s dummied-out code that suggests they were planning to have a bonus boss fight with Professor Oak, who would have the third starter, but that never got implemented.

• Options
    edited December 2022
    I don't know how technical you wanna get but I think the motorcycle dragon and other 2 starters are the only actual trade required required entry. Doing co-op with the opposite game will let you catch all the other exclusives. It's a technicality but it counts!

Kanden on
  • Options
    Kanden wrote: »
    I don't know how technical you wanna get but I think the motorcycle dragon and other 2 starters are the only actual trade required required entry. Doing co-op with the opposite game will let you catch all the other exclusives. It's a technicality but it counts!

Ceruledge/Armorouge I think too? Unless they show up in raids.