Options

The little crystal turtle [Pokémon] is pretty cute.

• Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Imagine working in health care of any description only for your workplace to also become a mall and tourist information centre, and also it’s all outdoors now.

• Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Imagine working in health care of any description only for your workplace to also become a mall and tourist information centre, and also it’s all outdoors now.

Okay but also the entirety of this "health care" involves plunking balls into a magic machine that does all the healing automatically. Nurse Joy is like 2 steps below a pharmacist. I'd wager a barista could do the job in a pinch. As a matter of fact, there's several instances in the games where you find one of those machines unattended and can use it yourself, an untrained 10 year old child.

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited July 2023
    Terrendos wrote: »

Okay but also the entirety of this "health care" involves plunking balls into a magic machine that does all the healing automatically. Nurse Joy is like 2 steps below a pharmacist. I'd wager a barista could do the job in a pinch. As a matter of fact, there's several instances in the games where you find one of those machines unattended and can use it yourself, an untrained 10 year old child.

Literally a very uncomplicated robot arm could do her job.

Since you don't have to pay for it yourself I am forced to assume it is a Public Service, which means it is funded by tax money. Tax payers are paying the salary of a person whose only job is to take Poke balls, turn around, place them in a machine, take them out, turn around and hand them back.

That is outrageous and I will be writing to my congressman.

edit- Another awful alternative is that the Big Poke Company has a Govt contract to provide this service and are employing people in nonsense roles to pad their expense accounts so Execs can buy a second beach home in Alola.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    Fairy type Delphox is the next 7 star. Wonder what the strat will be, stab flamethrower will cover steel, and stab psychic will cover poison, so those are probably out. Could be tricky

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Skuntank and Alolan Muk get poison stab and are immune to Psychic, so they're decent choices.

• Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    I have been trying to decide which of the four Masuda-mon i have left on my wants to shiny hunt next and Alolan Muk might be pushed to the top of the list.

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular

The worst part is that you don't even have a back wall. Customers could want your attention from two opposite directions. There could even be two entirely separate lines, both of which you have to somehow serve at the same time.

• Options
    CururuCururu Registered User regular
    jothki wrote: »
    Cururu wrote: »
    You can also ask Nurse Joy for advice on where to go next, but she prioritizes nearby options and may also be secretly trying to kill you given some of the recommendations I've seen her make, so take her advice with a grain of salt.

If I had to work in the same environment she does, I'd probably treat my own customers the same way. It feels like Pokemon centers went from being a potentially great place to work to being a living hell, at least for someone like me.

They at least mention that they get paid in this one (the League covers the costs for students), so that's a step up from most of the games.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    No one happens to have an extra Scorbunny around do you? My son somehow accidentally traded his in Sword/Shield and now he's really upset.

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    jothki wrote: »

The worst part is that you don't even have a back wall. Customers could want your attention from two opposite directions. There could even be two entirely separate lines, both of which you have to somehow serve at the same time.

Nurse Joy flipping rapidly from one side to the other slinging pokeballs into the machine’s maw

hideous mixups occurred in the past, which is why the pokecenters have video screens for the recharging pokemon now

• Options
    ChallChall Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    No one happens to have an extra Scorbunny around do you? My son somehow accidentally traded his in Sword/Shield and now he's really upset.

@urahonky

I absolutely have a spare Scorbunny. If you have Home I can trade it anytime, or we can figure out what time to get on Shield

My Home friend code is WMFJMQTRRGYF

• Options
    Chall wrote: »
    urahonky wrote: »

urahonky

I absolutely have a spare Scorbunny. If you have Home I can trade it anytime, or we can figure out what time to get on Shield

My Home friend code is WMFJMQTRRGYF

I added you! I didn't realize how easy it was to use Home. This is my first time.

• Options
    Of course there's always a catch when it comes to Pokemon. Why we can't just setup a trade without having to both be online at the exact time is beyond me.

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    35-minute Pokemon Presents on August 8:

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    -
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    35-minute Pokemon Presents on August 8:

35 minutes is a bit, I'm expecting dates and a little bit more info on the SV DLC, and baselessly holding out for old games on the Switch Online service.

Maybe a first teaser for a new spinoff for late next year? Either a new Let's Go or Pokemon Legends game would be nice

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    I'm very much hoping for another Legends style game announcement.

Also kind of hoping for a Switch port of Detective Pikachu 1.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    CururuCururu Registered User regular
    I should probably spoil this, just in case, but I want Pokemon Legends:
    Sada.
    Somewhere in the ancient past there is a robot lady having adventures, and I want to see that.

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Anybody watch this? tl;dw for those that didn't?

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Tox wrote: »
    Anybody watch this? tl;dw for those that didn't?

As far as Scarlet Violet goes:
    First DLC comes out Sep 13, showed some new Paradox and Regional forms
    Free Mew Code is live now GETY0URMEW
    7- Star Mewtwo raid is coming in a few weeks

Pokemon Stadium 2 and Pokemon TCG game are coming to the Switch Online service today

Other stuff for Unite and Cafe Mix and the Anime that I didn't really pay attention to.

Oh also there's a full trailer for Detective Pikachu 2

Chall on
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    There was basically nothing super interesting other than some more info on the DLC and that Mew code. I guess they announced a new Paldea youtube anime series but that was like the only actual "new" project they announced (edit: I guess there was also some anime series centered on the TCG but.. eh...). Everything else was kinda elaborating on stuff we already knew about.

But yeah, the majority of it was more TCG/Cafe Remix/Pokemon Go/Unite/Masters EX, etc garbage that always clogs these. The trailers were cool for Detective Pikachu and the DLC but nothing super revolutionary there (they did show a couple new pokemon coming in the DLC including new evos for Applin and Duraludon and two new paradox pokemon)

The Mew/Mewtwo thing might have been cooler if it wasn't leaked months ago and then super duper reaffirmed days ago when it was leaked it was gonna be in this presents :P

Edit: The DLC does look really cool though. A little sad at no Detective Pikachu 1 port announcement.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    There's actually no new regional forms announced, just Paradox forms (Cobalion future Paradox named Iron Crown, and Raikou past Paradox named Raging Bolt) and new evolutions for Applin (Dipplin, styled after a candy apple) and Duraludon (Archaludon, styled after a suspension bridge, looks pretty cool).

The Indigo Disk also showed off a new flight power for your riding Pokemon, which is was mentioned to be temporary for a minigame with the potential to unlock it fully later on.
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    The Mew/Mewtwo thing might have been cooler if it wasn't leaked months ago and then super duper reaffirmed days ago when it was leaked it was gonna be in this presents :P

Score one for the people who don't actively look for leaks, I was pleasantly surprised :)

Cruor on
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/0VLPfiX5VJU

New Scarlet / Violet trailer was released at the end of Worlds
    Looks like all past starter Pokemon will be catchable in the wild in The Indigo Disk?
    Also some new moves and names for the new Paradox mons
    Also the most exciting part
    Smeargle! - is on the Switch finally
    I think everything else in the video was already known

• Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited August 2023
    Glad they’ve realised peak design is in the neck. Bravo.

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    I think if Iron Valiant had been a Scarlet Paradox pokemon, then I think that'd be the perfect game for me. I do think it has the coolest name, but it's damaged heavily by all the other paradox futures also having "Iron" in their name wtf.

So anyway yeah make it an ancient paradox pokemon instead and I'm Scarlet 4 Lyfe

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    The perfect paradox Pokemon name is Brute Bonnet. Who doesn't want an angry, oafish hat?

• Options
    edited August 2023
    New Pokemon information coming tomorrow morning at 9AM EST. It's gonna be a "haunting, harrowing tale about a Pokemon from Kitakami (the region for the Teal Mask)." This makes me think it's a new regional form, and I'm excited to see who it could be. My hope of hopes is Mawile, who I feel would fit the whole aesthetic of the region and also the teaser image (spoiler for size):
    kitakamiposter.jpg

Cruor on
  • Options
    Cruor wrote: »
    New Pokemon information coming tomorrow morning at 9AM EST. It's gonna be a "haunting, harrowing tale about a Pokemon from Kitakami (the region for the Teal Mask)." This makes me think it's a new regional form, and I'm excited to see who it could be. My hope of hopes is Mawile, who I feel would fit the whole aesthetic of the region and also the teaser image (spoiler for size):
    kitakamiposter.jpg

There's been some hints about this
    that it's a regional Sinistea - they gave promotional tea sets to some press/ influencers at the VGC Worlds competition and when they tweeted the info above it had a green tea emoji 🍵 attached

May not be what it is, but that's kind of what they've been hinting at

• Options
    edited August 2023
    Cruor wrote: »
    kitakamiposter.jpg

There's been some hints about this
    that it's a regional Sinistea - they gave promotional tea sets to some press/ influencers at the VGC Worlds competition and when they tweeted the info above it had a green tea emoji 🍵 attached

May not be what it is, but that's kind of what they've been hinting at

Ah, I didn't know that bit. Yeah,
    regional Sinistea
    sounds right then.

Although, a regional Mawile that's based on a
    tea ceremony maiden
    would also fit that hint and be cool as hell.

Cruor on
  • Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Mawile is my all time favourite pokemon, so I'd love to see that, but it seems like quite the longshot!

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Mawile would absolutely be my preference over Sinistea.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    KizmittKizmitt Registered User regular
    Regional Pumpkaboo spice latte

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Green Tea Vanilluxe.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    KizmittKizmitt Registered User regular
    I think that means I can make a whole team of grass ghosts.
    Pumpkaboo, Trevenant, Decidueye, Dhelmise, Brambleghast, Polchageist.
    Or I could if half weren't stuck in sword/shield

• Options

That thing straight up murdered those children :P

• Options

Yeah it's a Ghost type Pokemon, that's sort of their thing

• Options

Yeah but it's rare for Nintendo to actually show that :P It's usually just implied or hidden away in Pokedex entries :D

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

Yeah but it's rare for Nintendo to actually show that :P It's usually just implied or hidden away in Pokedex entries :D

They said sleep so the kids are probably ok

Probably

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options

They said sleep so the kids are probably ok

Probably

Nah, they're dead as hell

• Options
    I finally finished my Home Pokedex, all I needed was a Diancie which hasn't been available in the US for 8 years.

Did I pay $15 for a Pokemon Go event ticket? Yeah but it was worth it to finally have a complete Dex and get a Diancie and the Original Color Magearna reward for completing it in Home.

Now I just have to wait for the regret of paying for the Poke Go ticket when the first Scarlet & Violet DLC event is inevitably a Diancie