As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The little crystal turtle [Pokémon] is pretty cute.

• Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    I don’t think there’s any special form of them for Isle of Armor. At least not that I can find. I think I have all the items if you want to get the trade evos.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    KizmittKizmitt Registered User regular
    To clarify, I am referring to this nightmare
    5bpwpdfekqfg.jpg
    I have like 5 porygon2 and z in home. But if they didn't originate in isle of armour they don't count for the isle of armour dex.

• Options
    Oh, you’re *that* kind of insane :) gotcha.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Yeah Im not touching that Nat dex is good enough for me

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    edited January 17
    I only learned about it a month ago and am so close to getting it done. Will just keep trying gts until suddenly it works. Let's Go Golem was a similar deal.
    I am ignoring pokemon go dex. That way lies madness

Actually I am all setup in pokemon shield if anyone is willing to jump back a gen and trade several porygons back and forward.
    However I am in NZST so add like 20 hours to your PST or whatever

Kizmitt on
  • Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    Rami wrote: »
    Ianator wrote: »
    The only thing I'm missing now is a Conkeldurr to complete all 3 pokedexs for SV. I keep checking everyday but the damn thing never wants to show up in raids.

If you're not in a rush we can swap Girdurr when I get home from work tonight.

Roughly how far off in hours is that? I can definitely do it assuming I'm still awake.

Prolly another two.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    The only thing I'm missing now is a Conkeldurr to complete all 3 pokedexs for SV. I keep checking everyday but the damn thing never wants to show up in raids.

If you're not in a rush we can swap Girdurr when I get home from work tonight.

Roughly how far off in hours is that? I can definitely do it assuming I'm still awake.

Prolly another two.

Should be fine, just message me when you're ready and I'll try and remember to refresh regularly

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    edited January 17
    Okay I'm home.

...Uh, I guess I need a Switch Online membership to trade long-distance?

Lemme get my trial started. Kinda wanted to try F-ZERO 99 tonight too...

EDIT: And done!

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    I think that's Teal Mask in the bag. Even did the Perrin sidequest for Bloodmoon Ursaluna. The Ogre Clan's gonna have to wait though - I challenged one and got absolutely stomped.

...Guess that doesn't bode well for Indigo Disk? I hear it's a real challenge of game knowledge and strategies.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Depends, you can still outlevel Indigo Disk enough to stomp it. Ogerpon will happily run over basically anything, it's very silly.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    With making an effort to prevent being overleveled (and some other things, like not using items in battle and avoiding letting friendship get out of hand), I found Indigo Disk to be extremely difficult for a pokemon game. But, yeah, pretty much everyone I've seen or talked to just outleveled everything and it was fine.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited January 19
    Ugh the egg mechanic in thia game is fucked. I need to breed the Paldea starters three times the rest of the pre evos I need for bank I can catch but this egg shit is so annoying

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Honestly, I did start Indigo Disk with a team that was around the right level. Then Hisuian Arcanine and Ogerpon started trampling over things... and I had everything EV trained... and uh... yeah. I got overleveled without trying between all the battles and catching stuff and...

• Options
    Yep, that opening Lacey battle did not mess around.

Also this academy has to be waaay out in the middle of the Poke-Atlantic or something 'cause I can't see the Unova mainland anywhere.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Ugh the egg mechanic in thia game is fucked. I need to breed the Paldea starters three times the rest of the pre evos I need for bank I can catch but this egg shit is so annoying

Yeah, you pretty much need egg power to get any eggs from picnics. I usually get the compote in Alfornada for Egg Power Lv. 2 for that.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    ChallChall Registered User regular
    Zython wrote: »

Yeah, you pretty much need egg power to get any eggs from picnics. I usually get the compote in Alfornada for Egg Power Lv. 2 for that.

You can also make a Great Peanut Butter Sandwich which only needs butter, peanut butter and bananas, and gives Egg Power 2

And Egg Power also does shorten the time to hatch eggs as well as finding eggs so if you have a Flame Body Pokemon and Egg Power 2 going it hardly takes any time to hatch

• Options
    I vastly prefer picnic breeding (and picnic-passing “egg” moves) to ever other gen’s “ride back and forth for 30 sec, and then click through 4 dialog boxes” for each individual egg.

I’ve found egg power 1 to be just fine. The two food stands right next to Levincia South have it, three steps away from a picnic spot, and down the street from the big ol’ round promenade for hatching.

• Options
    Yeah as long as you have at least rank 1 egg power it's many times faster than it's ever been to collect and hatch eggs, and less effort too since you can literally idle in the camp while eggs spawn in.

sig.gif
  • Options
    edited January 21
    Oh good there was a porygon community day yesterday. Well there goes the GTS only being porygon2 from Go for the next year or so.

So I find myself thinking, why can't they just update all these trade evolutions to be like how they worked in Arceus. Oh wait a minute...
    So yeah I'm dumb. All Home Pokedexes complete. Carry on.

Kizmitt on
  • Options
    edited January 21
    Indigo Disk diary:

* Skeledirge and Pawmot Marmight just dinged Lv100! They are not invincible.
    * The Terarium is neat! Wondering if I should go on a catching+raising spree before challenging the Blueberry E4.
    * oh no Kieran what are you doing
    * Calling it now, Ms. Briar's gonna be the real villain.

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Smogon just banned sleep moves but not stuff like dire claw, relic song, rest and effect spore

Basically any move that directly induces sleep

• Options
    lolwat.

• Options
    edited January 26
    Wow. Alcremie sure has a lot of options, huh?

...Looks like the Star and Ribbon Sweets are rare drops from some sort of item slot machine oh no it's a Gachapon. How long trying to get one before I lose my mind?

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options

...Looks like the Star and Ribbon Sweets are rare drops from some sort of item slot machine oh no it's a Gachapon. How long trying to get one before I lose my mind?

Not long at all really. You can do 10 at a time. I have a hojillion of the dang things with how many useless materials I had laying around. You can hmu for them if you do start to lose your mind.

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    akjak wrote: »

Not long at all really. You can do 10 at a time. I have a hojillion of the dang things with how many useless materials I had laying around. You can hmu for them if you do start to lose your mind.

Yeah, this isn’t the Cram-o-matic. It’s a free money printer.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    Indigo Disk:
    * Got a Star Sweet and speeeeen'd up a Rainbow Star Alcremie!
    * I overprepped a bit for Drayton's challenge. Wasn't so bad!
    * Drayton himself smoked me like five times. Eventually had to remind myself that yes I have like forty Max Revives in my bag.
    * Already beat the other BB E4 so it's on to the Champion. I need to find good levelling spot 'cause I'm running out of Rare Candies.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    edited January 28
    Indigo Disk:
    * Got a Star Sweet and speeeeen'd up a Rainbow Star Alcremie!
    * I overprepped a bit for Drayton's challenge. Wasn't so bad!
    * Drayton himself smoked me like five times. Eventually had to remind myself that yes I have like forty Max Revives in my bag.
    * Already beat the other BB E4 so it's on to the Champion. I need to find good levelling spot 'cause I'm running out of Rare Candies.

If you do any 5+ Star raid dens they usually give a stack of Large EXP Candies which I find a lot easier than grinding levels

Chall on
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    Drayton crushed me so hard

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Drayton crushed me so hard

I probably lost to Drayton 5 times before realizing that
    the requirement for his challenge doesn't apply to the actual battle with him and I didn't have to use this crappy team I scrambled together from the Terarium

• Options
    Indigo Disk complete!
    * Time to do the Gym rematches. The epilogue requires clearing at least one postgame tournament, right?
    * It'd be nice if I didn't have to manually return Koraidon to my battle party any time I ride it.
    * Can confirm, the little crystal turtle Pokemon is indeed pretty cute.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Indigo Disk complete!
    * Time to do the Gym rematches. The epilogue requires clearing at least one postgame tournament, right?
    * It'd be nice if I didn't have to manually return Koraidon to my battle party any time I ride it.

On the second point, there is a solution to that. (Spoilers for after main story)
    Catch the second Koraidon at the bottom of Area Zero.

• Options
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Indigo Disk complete!

On the second point, there is a solution to that. (Spoilers for after main story)
    Catch the second Koraidon at the bottom of Area Zero.
    Already did. But that Koraidon isn't <3 my buddy <3

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    What's the technical status of Scarlet/Violet these days? Have they patched out most of the jank and craziness yet?

Windmilling arms? Exorcist head spinning? Clipping into the world? T-Posing? Crashes and save file corruption?

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    What's the technical status of Scarlet/Violet these days? Have they patched out most of the jank and craziness yet?

Windmilling arms? Exorcist head spinning? Clipping into the world? T-Posing? Crashes and save file corruption?

FWIW, I never experienced any of the crazy glitches, not even a crash of the game. The worst I experienced was some weird pop-in stuff and framerate issues. I've been playing since launch.

• Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    I never saw glitches or bugs, but the framerate is still bad, the view distance is still bad, that was never patched.

• Options
    Cruor wrote: »
    Lucascraft wrote: »

FWIW, I never experienced any of the crazy glitches, not even a crash of the game. The worst I experienced was some weird pop-in stuff and framerate issues. I've been playing since launch.

Same here.

• Options
    edited January 29
    Performance remains janky, but it's been overall stable (that is, bug-free). I think it might have crashed on me once? But since it autosaves liberally...

Polaritie on
  • Options
    How did I not know Magearna was just sitting there, available in Sun & Moon for the last 8 years and unlocked by just scanning a QR code?

Anyway I had to go find where I stored my 3DS and recharge it and then find where I'd stored my game case (not the same place! For some reason) and then update the 3DS, but now I finally have it transferred into Home.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Man, now I want a game in the style of Dragon Quest Builders.

Make your own microregion, block by block! Match Pokemon to trainers and watch your settlements prosper from their cooperation!

...BRB learning Unreal Engine.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    10/10 would lose my life to it