As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The little crystal turtle [Pokémon] is pretty cute.

17879808284

Posts

  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    edited February 21
    Zython wrote: »
    So the reward for spending all this time searching for the seals is a legendary… goldfish? At least I finally got one open , had all of them on the last chain . Time for the rest.

    That goldfish has committed war crimes.

    Edit:

    I was not in the thread I thought I was

    Turambar on
    Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    I kept telling people that heart gold soul silver were too recent for me to want a gen 2 remake until someone told me it’s from 2010 it was 14 years ago.

    Fuck…

  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    So many of the newer shinies especially are just way too subtle anyway, so yeah with the tera crystaline filter over it they’re easy to miss.

    I do a lot of online tera raids, and sometimes people will be hosting the same shiny find over and over, so I’ve probably been in those too.

    Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    I kept telling people that heart gold soul silver were too recent for me to want a gen 2 remake until someone told me it’s from 2010 it was 14 years ago.

    Fuck…

    I thought that too, but like all of the DS games are kind of a pain to get a hold of now unless you already have them. Im super interested in a gen2/gen5 mashup rumor that was floating around. those are by far my favorite, so some kind of touchup of those would be amazing. even better if they just get some souped up sprites instead of ugly 3d models.

  • Options
    ChallChall Registered User regular
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    I kept telling people that heart gold soul silver were too recent for me to want a gen 2 remake until someone told me it’s from 2010 it was 14 years ago.

    Fuck…

    I thought that too, but like all of the DS games are kind of a pain to get a hold of now unless you already have them. Im super interested in a gen2/gen5 mashup rumor that was floating around. those are by far my favorite, so some kind of touchup of those would be amazing. even better if they just get some souped up sprites instead of ugly 3d models.

    There was some other (surely fake) rumor about Legends Celebi where instead of just being thrown back in time, you are basically falling through different eras and the further back you go everything would turn back into sprite art.

    I thought that was a pretty cool idea but I can't see TPC ever trying something like that for several reasons

  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    The usual Pokemon Day video has been announced:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lsuUgj25lY

    Place your bets, people. Are we getting Ebony Black and Ivory White this year, or not?

    Come on Pokémon Conquest 2

    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    I kept telling people that heart gold soul silver were too recent for me to want a gen 2 remake until someone told me it’s from 2010 it was 14 years ago.

    Fuck…

    I thought that too, but like all of the DS games are kind of a pain to get a hold of now unless you already have them. Im super interested in a gen2/gen5 mashup rumor that was floating around. those are by far my favorite, so some kind of touchup of those would be amazing. even better if they just get some souped up sprites instead of ugly 3d models.

    Johto and Unova supremacy!

  • Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    Black+White might be my favorite generation after the first because I got to share it with my little cousin. First gen I legitimately completed the Region Dex.

    And I took it to visit my aunt in Jersey City twice. Once with my DSi XL and White, once with my 3DS and White 2.

    steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    The usual Pokemon Day video has been announced:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lsuUgj25lY

    Place your bets, people. Are we getting Ebony Black and Ivory White this year, or not?

    Come on Pokémon Conquest 2

    How about Pokémon Voyage (Uncharted Waters crossover)?

  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Event is active , found a shiny voltrob (h) almost instantly.

  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    What event? S/V or Go?

    Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    ChallChall Registered User regular
    Pretty sure this is the S/V event for fake poke ball outbreaks (Foongus, Voltorb and H Voltorb) that have a 1/200 Shiny rate

    https://www.serebii.net/scarletviolet/massoutbreakevent/pokemondayoutbreaks.shtml

  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited February 27
    Venasuar , blastoise and charizard raids are next,

    Pokémon legends Z ( never played x/y) and then it just ended

    EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Safe to say that it was a pretty underwhelming presentation, since the only new game most people are going to care about didn't show any gameplay. That said, my mood got a lot better as soon as "Legends" appeared on screen. I actually really dislike Pokemon XY, but it's not because of the region or even because of megas. Getting a Legends game out of it instead of a remake is so much better to me.

    I guess the TCG stuff is neat, but the fact that the video was 95% opening packs and 5% actual card game goes a long way to show what their priority is with that.

  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited February 27
    My favorite gen is V and least favorite is VI.

    So oh boy am I literally a human being composed of just 99% salt right about now.

    Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Legends Z? So... the war?

    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited February 27
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Legends Z? So... the war?
    I can't see them making a Pokemon game about war.

    It'll probably be about the early days of Luminoise City if they keep the old timey theme of Legends.

    Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Legends Z? So... the war?
    They're not going to make a Pokemon game about war.

    It'll probably be about the early days of Luminoise City if they keep the old timey theme of Legends.

    Yeah, its just that Kalos has a big historical event already so thats the first thing to come to mind.

    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    the logo looks more futuristic, Arceus had the name in a calligraphy style if I'm remembering correctly. Maybe they flip it an go to the distant future?

  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Kanden wrote: »
    the logo looks more futuristic, Arceus had the name in a calligraphy style if I'm remembering correctly. Maybe they flip it an go to the distant future?
    That...would be really fucking cool.

    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    The game has an "urban redevelopment" theme, so - maybe rebuilding after the war?

    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    edited February 27
    I'm personally expecting it to be modern, but maybe before the region is actually fully developed, so the areas can still be largely wilderness. I guess we'll see, though. Looking forward to details.

    EDIT: Some friends discussing the game gave me the idea of a PLA-style boss battle against Zygarde Complete, and I'm pretty excited for that.

    AshtonDragon on
  • Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    There's little bits of more info scattered through descriptions. The asia trailer mentions coming to Nintendo Switch Systems plural, maybe just switch oled/lite but could be a launch title for the switch 2 I guess. And then Nintendo just retweeted the trailer and says "Watch to see the reveal trailer for #PokemonLegendsZA, a new adventure set entirely within Lumiose City, coming to #NintendoSwitch in 2025."

  • Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    A Pokemon game set in a single city would be a cool departure.

  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Hmm yeah. I didn't play the previous Legends game. But City Pokemon seems like it could be fun.

    Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    ChallChall Registered User regular
    Do you think the game will be about rebuilding Lumiose in the wake of the Reign of Poke-Terror?

    Maybe we'll get a new Aegislash evolution that looks like a guillotine

  • Options
    KizmittKizmitt Registered User regular
    Pumpkaboo mega evolution time

  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    akjak wrote: »
    Hmm yeah. I didn't play the previous Legends game.
    One of the best Pokemon games in years.

    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    One idea I've heard that sounds possible is you play in Kalos in the past and the things you do affect the future of Lumiose City. It doesn't make sense for it to take place in the present or the future when the game is called "Legends" which implies the past, the trailer definitely implies future stuff.

    Some people seem convinced that the whole game takes place in a city, but I can't see how this would be true. It's not like Scarlet and Violet took place in a school the entire time.

  • Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Taya wrote: »
    One idea I've heard that sounds possible is you play in Kalos in the past and the things you do affect the future of Lumiose City. It doesn't make sense for it to take place in the present or the future when the game is called "Legends" which implies the past, the trailer definitely implies future stuff.

    Some people seem convinced that the whole game takes place in a city, but I can't see how this would be true. It's not like Scarlet and Violet took place in a school the entire time.

    The Nintendo of America twitter account quote-tweeted the announcement trailer, and stated "...a new Pokemon adventure set entirely within Lumiose City..."

    Which could be a misstatement, but seems official enough for people to run with it.

  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I didn't like Legends: Arceus, but I also didn't play it more than maybe two times. I had two big beefs with the game:
    1) I didn't like the "Kid in King Arthur's Court" angle, where a kid gets time displaced to solve the past's problems. I would have preferred to just be a person from the past and solve my own problems.
    2) I didn't like the gameplay of just catching every damn thing on the map.

    Of course, for #2 my viewpoint has probably shifted quite a bit since then, since that's what I do in Palworld. Maybe I ought to give Arceus another shot.


    Regarding the new game, X/Y is my favorite game in series and both that game, and the Ruby/Sapphire Remakes that were built on the same game engine, were pretty much the high point of the entire series for me. So I'm naturally predisposed to Legends ZA.

  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »
    Taya wrote: »
    One idea I've heard that sounds possible is you play in Kalos in the past and the things you do affect the future of Lumiose City. It doesn't make sense for it to take place in the present or the future when the game is called "Legends" which implies the past, the trailer definitely implies future stuff.

    Some people seem convinced that the whole game takes place in a city, but I can't see how this would be true. It's not like Scarlet and Violet took place in a school the entire time.

    The Nintendo of America twitter account quote-tweeted the announcement trailer, and stated "...a new Pokemon adventure set entirely within Lumiose City..."

    Which could be a misstatement, but seems official enough for people to run with it.

    I didn't know that. If it takes place in the past but your actions cause Lumiose City to be built in the future I can see that. Having a Pokemon adventure be entirely within a metropolis sounds pretty boring so I doubt it's that.

  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Gonna be Trubbish’s time to shine

    Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    edited February 27
    I feel like a game set entirely within the city could be very cool! An urban sprawl gives a lot of opportunities for different "biomes." Also, since Lumiose is based on Paris, we could get an underground spooky area that mirrors the Paris catacombs. Gotta have somewhere to put all of the ghost types!

    Cruor on
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited February 28
    I can’t believe they stole my idea for Pokemon Legends: AZ! Though mine would have been a hack and slash during the great Pokemon War in Kalos.

    Either way, we better finally get AZ’s Floette.

    Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited February 28
    Taya wrote: »
    Cruor wrote: »
    Taya wrote: »
    One idea I've heard that sounds possible is you play in Kalos in the past and the things you do affect the future of Lumiose City. It doesn't make sense for it to take place in the present or the future when the game is called "Legends" which implies the past, the trailer definitely implies future stuff.

    Some people seem convinced that the whole game takes place in a city, but I can't see how this would be true. It's not like Scarlet and Violet took place in a school the entire time.

    The Nintendo of America twitter account quote-tweeted the announcement trailer, and stated "...a new Pokemon adventure set entirely within Lumiose City..."

    Which could be a misstatement, but seems official enough for people to run with it.

    I didn't know that. If it takes place in the past but your actions cause Lumiose City to be built in the future I can see that. Having a Pokemon adventure be entirely within a metropolis sounds pretty boring so I doubt it's that.

    Yeah I'm kind of in agreement here. Maybe they're just saying Lumiose will be the only city, like how Legends Arceus was with Jubilife Village. I can't imagine them doing anything even remotely resembling that game's gameplay only in a city environment. Like how do you even do catching Pokemon? In a city 99% of the pokemon are already gonna be owned by someone. And it's not like Lumiose has some kind of indoor environment like the Blueberry Academy dome or something (not to mention that feels like way too much effort when you can just have gameplay outside the city). At best you'd need an entirely different gameplay loop which would probably piss people off (like why put the Legends name on it in that case?)

    Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Honestly, based on the trailer -- which is the only thing I've seen on this new game -- I have no idea what to expect. The trailer has that weird blue wireframe thing going, and looks to be modern Lumiose. If this game is also set in the past, they didn't show that. The only other hint that the trailer even gives is "urban redevelopment plan" which also sounds modern.

    I'm not saying that the game is not set in the past, since that's the precedent that was set by Legends Arceus. I'm just saying they haven't said anything about that in the announcement trailer. The trailer is frustratingly vague.

  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited February 28
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Honestly, based on the trailer -- which is the only thing I've seen on this new game -- I have no idea what to expect. The trailer has that weird blue wireframe thing going, and looks to be modern Lumiose. If this game is also set in the past, they didn't show that. The only other hint that the trailer even gives is "urban redevelopment plan" which also sounds modern.

    I'm not saying that the game is not set in the past, since that's the precedent that was set by Legends Arceus. I'm just saying they haven't said anything about that in the announcement trailer. The trailer is frustratingly vague.

    Yeah honestly I was ready to write the game off as something I didn't care about at all until I saw the title. The trailer does it no favors.

    And yeah, I don't think it necessarily needs to be set in the past. It kinda depends on what sort of story they want to tell. That said, this is fake Paris so it's probably going to be more advanced-looking in the past than your typical Japanese city so I won't rule anything out.

    Edit: Doing a little cursory googling, perhaps the Urban Redevelopment bit is referencing this real world thing?
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haussmann's_renovation_of_Paris

    Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Game is still a year away. We'll have plenty of time to get excited (or not) with future trailers

    I'm guessing the game will be cross-gen, like Twilight Princess and BotW, since it's coming out in 2025

    Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    Do you think they'll go for an official pronunciation of "Zee-A" or "Zed-A"?

Sign In or Register to comment.