As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Post your inconsequential triumphs here

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    comb the guts right outta ya

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    fxjj84bi92b4.jpg

glorious Nippon steel

folded one thousand times

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    The finest postwar nickel-iron alloy and bakelite and chrome plate

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    if I carried a knife that wasn't my widdle baby two-inch pocket knife, I'd try and get a cool switchblade.

be dope as hell to have a switchblade

and a switchblade comb

do not carry them at the same time or you will scalp yourself.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    They should make a switchblade Leatherman. Buncha buttons on the side like an accordion, "Oh what do you need there, a phillips head screwdriver? Let me just" snickity-snack

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Installed a MyQ garage door thing so I can open/close it with an app

Put a rear seat organizer for my daughter’s shit in the new van

It’s been a wildly mildly-productive day

Don’t ask what I did at my job (where I’m still “on the clock” actually)

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Today I swapped out the plate amplifier in the subwoofer I built myself after blowing the previous one (and it's replacement).

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Today I completed my probation and therefore now have job security to begin finding other places to work at that aren't clownshoes.

At least I'm pretty sure I passed. I'll probably just vibrate from anxiety at a low intensity until I get the official notice in the mail to be sure.

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    i've got a 100% win rate at wordle

haven't even gotten any 6ers, just 5 and below

broken image link
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular

I had a 2 today, I felt real good.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I've done Wordle now 3 days in a row and the only one that took me more than 3 guesses was yesterday. The only reason I didn't get it in 3 is because I tried Wrung before Wrong =(

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    I've done Wordle now 3 days in a row and the only one that took me more than 3 guesses was yesterday. The only reason I didn't get it in 3 is because I tried Wrung before Wrong =(

Yea when you're down to one letter it can become just a straight guessing game.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Triumph the insult comic dog?

• Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    Day 13,755.

Still alive.

• Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    "Still counts."

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Installed a MyQ garage door thing so I can open/close it with an app

Put a rear seat organizer for my daughter’s shit in the new van

It’s been a wildly mildly-productive day

Don’t ask what I did at my job (where I’m still “on the clock” actually)

Reviewed reports so boring that they would put a mortal middle manager into a coma. Thus is your lot in life.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    webguy20 wrote: »

I've got a 2 once. I found it really unsatisfying. Like oh, I guess I'm done.

Edit: lol I just todays and got it in 2. I want my money back.

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I think I actually got a full night's sleep last night. I feel incredible today! Holy shit. I don't even remember when the last time this happened.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    webguy20 wrote: »

I've got a 2 once. I found it really unsatisfying. Like oh, I guess I'm done.

Edit: lol I just todays and got it in 2. I want my money back.

I also got today's in 2! High five!

Oh, shit, sorry. Forgot about the arms. Maybe low five?

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    edited February 2022
    Tiny triumph of today.
    I just realized @ZeroCow's avatar isn't a weird eye.

Dedwrekka on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    It is the end of the work day. I am in a teams meeting. I am somehow still in a really good mood.

I don't know what is happening. I am scared.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    one time I got a happy meal, and there were two toys inside

• Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    The local elementary school did a project where the students as a whole wrote a fairy tale, with each grade putting together a subsequent chapter. One of the staff knew the students were having a hard time with the pandemic restrictions and distance learning and such and so organized the project so the students would have something to look forward to. Once it was done, she assembled it into a book which the school sold as a fundraiser.

Since this was cute, and I thought they could use the recognition, I tipped off all the local and regional newspapers about it. The school got three articles written about them. The students enjoyed writing the story, but ya know, they also like reading about themselves in the news, so that made them happy again.

So I helped in a small way to make some kids happy and get the town mentioned in the news.

• Options
    one time I got a happy meal, and there were two toys inside

No lying in this thread, please.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I replaced the flyscreen on my front door. Suck it, flies!

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I started a diet on the 3rd of this year and have lost 15.3 pounds.

Now, before anyone goes and thinks this is some huge accomplishment, my starting point was 332, and I used the power of Drugs to get here, so it's not like I don't have a long way to go, yet.

I'm in a similar boat, also using the power of drugs, but started halfway through december

I'm down 20lb but I'm mad about it because it should be more.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    I drove by a McDonald's on the way into work, and didn't stop there.

Yay impulse control.

sig.gif
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    I looked at my phone at the right time and my credit card got us a chance to purchase tickets to a dinner with dishes from 3 different Latin American Michelin star restaurants and we took a jump on it. Sold out in less than 45 minutes.

Had an early Valentine's day dinner tonight and holy shit it's so good.

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    I had to pour a bunch of reactor coolant into a barrel, and didnt get any radiation dose from it! I was sure I'd pick up something.

• Options
    #pipe wrote: »
    I started a diet on the 3rd of this year and have lost 15.3 pounds.

Now, before anyone goes and thinks this is some huge accomplishment, my starting point was 332, and I used the power of Drugs to get here, so it's not like I don't have a long way to go, yet.

I'm in a similar boat, also using the power of drugs, but started halfway through december

I'm down 20lb but I'm mad about it because it should be more.

I've hit a much more normal pace now that I'm out of the drugs and getting hungry now, but honestly it's really hard to figure out what's real weight loss and what's just variance in my water intake. I drink about a gallon of water a day, normally, and while on the phentermine I was absolutely not drinking as much water, because it arrested my thirst drive. Now that I'm back to drinking my usual volume of water (since Wednesday) I've actually gone up a couple of pounds. I'm not sure if that's just a bunch of water in my belly and I'm still losing weight, or if something else happened.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    I’m ready to go home and get married

And it looks like it won’t even cost me all the money I have!

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited February 2022
    Found an oldish 4tb harddrive that was missing for a year or two. Then I found the stupid proprietary cable.

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    I got today’s Wordle on the second guess and avoided the towers of terror that people are getting on today’s word

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I am switching to diet soda again as of today

Unfortunately that means I'm incredibly hungry and have been stuffing my face all day so far

• Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    Tynnan wrote: »
    I got today’s Wordle on the second guess and avoided the towers of terror that people are getting on today’s word

That reminded me to go do it. Second guess as well, high five.
    Guessed 'crane' to begin with, and well...

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options

This is the thread for inconsequential triumphs, not life-defining victories!

• Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular

This is the thread for inconsequential triumphs, not life-defining victories!

To you, it was a life defining victory. To me, it was Tuesday.

• Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    I noticed the screws holding the basement-stairs hand railing were a bit loose, so I got my screwdrivers and tightened them right away, instead of leaving them to get progressively worse and promising myself I’d fix it later (like I usually do).

• Options
    edited February 2022
    Found a book for a kid that they had read in middle school based on the cover and one brief character description. The cover wasn't even what was described.

I need to work with someone to help make some kind of machine learning database that librarians can type in features of a book, like cover is green, bird on cover, anorexia, and it will spit back options.

I feel like we could make a lot of money on that tool.

Librarian's ghost on