As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

There is no Omicron in [Winter Olympics]

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    In retrospect, we probably shouldn't have gone with the genre where everyone except the main characters are comprehensively oppressed corpo-serfs.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    In retrospect, we probably shouldn't have gone with the genre where everyone except the main characters are comprehensively oppressed corpo-serfs.

But everybody thought they were going to be a cool main character and not a corpo-serf

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    Magell wrote: »
    Jedoc wrote: »

But everybody thought they were going to be a cool main character and not a corpo-serf

Nah most people just didn’t notice it happening, even the people making it happen. By the time people figured out it had happened it was kinda too late to course correct it.

To pull it back into the Olympics I’d actually love to go back to the Olympics presentations before 2012 because I have a theory that about then is when the coverage really changed over to the hunger games style coverage we have now (mostly cause that’s when the first movie dropped and everyone in television production took the worst possible lessons from it)

Sleep on
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    In the ski big air finals at the Olympics, the winner had one last "victory lap" jump with the victory already secured. He did a trick holding his country's (Norway's) flag.

Every single judge scored him 69 on the jump.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Olympic snowboarders are, like, the most fun-seeming people.

• Options
    I love how the "action sports" are so different from the rest of the olympics, even the judges.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Meanwhile the figure skating medal ceremony has been cancelled because the 15 year old russian skater has been tested positive for doping

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    Meanwhile the figure skating medal ceremony has been cancelled because the 15 year old russian skater has been tested positive for doping

I'm soooo surprised that the country that has been caught running sophisticated doping schemes for the last several Olympics has once again been caught doping, and that allowing them to compete while pretending there's a distinction between "Russia" and "Russian Olympic Committee" has bitten the IOC in the ass yet again.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Please ban Bolero from figure skating tyia

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    rephrase: please ban Bolero tyia

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    No one posted the french slalom obliterating his cock and balls and giving us a new wilheim scream

I just hope he did not oblietrate said cock and balls cause that's probably not fun from a medical standpoint

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    Regardless of genetalia that shits gonna fucking hurt

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    I feel like if you're doing any sport at high speed, especially one involving dodging small obstacles, you should probably be wearing a cup.

• Options
    What I meant earlier when I said "ban bolero" was

"how about more than one person does a version of bolero because I JUST LOVE BOLERO"

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    Oghulk wrote: »
    I feel like if you're doing any sport at high speed, especially one involving dodging small obstacles, you should probably be wearing a cup.

Adds weight don't fuck up

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    itEaxGEl.jpg

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    That man is my new hero

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    He just needs a cigarette to complete the tableau

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    Is he in blue jeans?

Also I am very impressed with the flexibility of his hips.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    PhotosaurusPhotosaurus Bay Area, CARegistered User regular
    Peak athletic perfection comes in many forms.

"If complete and utter chaos was lightning, then he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are bastards'."
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    You see doc? I do have the body of an Olympian, just not that god tier mullet.

• Options
    Chloe Kim is unreasonably good.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    No one posted the french slalom obliterating his cock and balls and giving us a new wilheim scream

I just hope he did not oblietrate said cock and balls cause that's probably not fun from a medical standpoint

The edit history for his Wikipedia page is glorious

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    I hope that guy is okay cos that looked and sounded horrible

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    I will admit I don't know how sensitive the microphones are on those cameras but the fact that you could hear him scream at that distance cannot be good.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    How did he still slow down and stop safely I would have just collapsed to the ground in a puff of dust.

Or maybe I would have just ascended to a higher plane of existence and or shuffled off this mortal coil.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    facetious wrote: »
    In the ski big air finals at the Olympics, the winner had one last "victory lap" jump with the victory already secured. He did a trick holding his country's (Norway's) flag.

Every single judge scored him 69 on the jump.

• Options
    Watching Mens USA vs Canada and I wouldn't think of these jersey's as Canadien I do like them.

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    The constant refrain of "They're aiming for a multiple on this end" or "they're looking for a steal", I know you need someone for the analyst to play off of but if this is the quality of your play by play talent NBC maybe just don't.

Carpy on
  • Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    Carpy wrote: »
    The constant refrain of "They're aiming for a multiple on this end" or "they're looking for a steal", I know you need someone for the analyst to play off of but if this is the quality of your play by play talent NBC maybe just don't.

I'm imagining John Madden's voice. "If the...if the skip can get the stone closer to the ah...ah center of the house, then they'll be closer than the other team and that's gonna...that's gonna...that's gonna be a point."

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Biathlon is such a badass sport

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    You know what's really hard to do?

Shoot accurately when you're breathing heavily.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    facetious wrote: »
    You know what's really hard to do?

Shoot accurately when you're breathing heavily.

One of my classmates at uni was a semi-pro biathlonist. He always claimed that that was the one sport in the world that was doping-proof, since the drugs that would make you better at the skiing would make you worse at shooting and vice versa.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure that's not true at all but it's a nice thought

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Also, medal situation is looking good:
    u31iba8tzc98.jpg
    (There's a reason this overview is not written in German, English, Dutch or Chinese.)
    (Sorting is by gold, then if tie silver, then if tie bronze.)

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    At least half of the German golds are some kind of sledding I think. Because of course the Germans win in in the sport where they can use what's basically a car.

edit: actually 4 gold in sledding and 3 in skeleton... And on course in bobsleighing today

honovere on
  • Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Wouldn't blood doping help a lot though? Just by making the breathing more efficient and easier for both parts?

As a general rule I just assume that at Olympic level things are rife with doping. We keep catching it, for one. And in cases like this year where "oh noes the Russians are the baddies"....and all these other countries stayed competitive vs Russian doping without doping? Must be some real good clean living and vitamins regimins going on.

• Options
    Wouldn't blood doping help a lot though? Just by making the breathing more efficient and easier for both parts?

As a general rule I just assume that at Olympic level things are rife with doping. We keep catching it, for one. And in cases like this year where "oh noes the Russians are the baddies"....and all these other countries stayed competitive vs Russian doping without doping? Must be some real good clean living and vitamins regimins going on.

Russia doubled their medal count from the Olympics before so people didn't really keep up.

• Options
    Solar wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that's not true at all but it's a nice thought

Come to think of it, he never did show me a urine sample…

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Also, medal situation is looking good:
    u31iba8tzc98.jpg
    (There's a reason this overview is not written in German, English, Dutch or Chinese.)
    (Sorting is by gold, then if tie silver, then if tie bronze.)

I am very very pleased that sweden is at 7th now

I don't really have any personal investment in beating any nation specifically in totals - it's all in good fun, just doing some winter sports

except Sweden. It is vitally important that we demolish sweden at winter sports.

ftOqU21.png