As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Auto Attack Survivor Games] Vampire Survivors, Spirit Hunters, and Nomad Survival!

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Can someone link the patch notes? I couldn’t read the text in the video because of the contrast combined with my cataract.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    edited December 2022
    Hand copied on mobile so hopefully I got it all

New very important skin for Peppino
    Added option to toggle maxed powerups on or off
    Arcane treasure chests are now purple
    Coin only chests now only play a quick animation instead of a full screen one
    Fixed total kill counter not working on certain saves
    Fixed non-looping music tracks, Castle People and I'm Every Reaper
    Minute fixes in bestiary
    Removed floor chicken requirement to unlock Marrabbio
    If you like eggs the healer (aka The Director) has a new item for you
    Added support for DLC

Edit: apparently I don't know how to BBCode [\list] so you get it in [\code]

Carpy on
  • Options
    Carpy wrote: »
    New very important skin for Peppino
    Added option to toggle maxed powerups on or off
    Arcane treasure chests are now purple
    Coin only chests now only play a quick animation instead of a full screen one
    Fixed total kill counter not working on certain saves
    Fixed non-looping music tracks, Castle People and I'm Every Reaper
    Minute fixes in bestiary
    Removed floor chicken requirement to unlock Marrabbio
    If you like eggs the healer (aka The Director) has a new item for you
    Added support for DLC

Thanks! Sounds like I missed some content since I haven’t played the game in a while. I’ll have to fire it up when I have some free time.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    The DLC is out.
    And in the UK at least, on Steam it's cheaper to buy it as a package deal with the game even when you already have the game, so there's that.
    I'd hoped it would give me an extra copy of the game to gift out, but no such luck.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    The DLC area sure is pretty.
    Maybe. Who can say? t3rekrooqj8l.jpg

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Yeah, I just stopped trying to move because I couldn't see the paths on my first run when I went a bit too hard.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    The first new character can get pretty damn busted.

Sarabande of Healing, Pummerola, Garlic, and maybe the Bloody Tear whip upgrade, and you’re not going to die easily to anything with all the healing you have.

• Options
    Hahaha! Granny go zoom!

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Really like the new environment, and the music gives off strong Wagakki Band vibes, which is rad

Took me a few tries to beat it. Used no eggs, which I'm not used to anymore, but I thought it'd be appropriate to beat it with Scorej-Oni first.

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I am finding it quite a bit more difficult, but not impossible. Of course, I have never really gone ham on eggs, and I'm using the new characters.

I am a little sad that between the map, the unlock list, and the grimoire, I did not naturally figure out anything.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    You should try going ham on eggs. It’s a delicious breakfast.

• Options
    OK, Babi-Onna with the Pentagram might just be absolutely friggin' busted. The only issue is that she erases stuff so often that actually gaining EXP after picking up the Pentagram is a challenge. If you wanna try that, best to stock up on attractorb and crown, and then try to stockpile a bunch of EXP somewhere so that you can get the Pentagram upgrades ASAP.

• Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    The DLC map takes a bit of getting used to. It's weird having to actually navigate places instead of just beelining. Also one time I walked too close to a cave and got swarmed by tanky ass ogres.

• Options
    FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    edited December 2022
    Yeah it took my brain a few tries to get used to having actual paths and obstacles and such, but it's a cool addition overall.

Fiatil on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Fiatil wrote: »
    Yeah it took my brain a few tries to get used to having actual paths and obstacles and such, but it's a cool addition overall.

I like what they do with it, but climbing the mountain with an eggless character is *brutal*

e: I still wish we could put eggs into specific aspects (up to a certain threshold obv). I would, for example, love to not worry about rerolls and toy around with different builds without having the stats be completely insane at the same time

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    Having actual paths to follow makes me wish the map could actually show the map, rather than just locations of things.
    I spent 20 minutes getting lost trying to get to stuff, then finally gave up and got the arcana to just bring everything to me. That left the coffin, which I just managed to track down in time.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I know I don't need to do it on the new map, but getting 100k kills is surprisingly tough! Almost had it today... But the final waves just don't actually die and instead just get knocked back, so I got 95k with the dual fang dude.

All the enemies on the mountain scaling their hp with your level is just... A pain.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Don't all enemies scale with level? That was key to killing Death back when it was an exploit.

• Options
    klemming wrote: »
    Don't all enemies scale with level? That was key to killing Death back when it was an exploit.

In their bios it is specifically called out as a special thing.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Having actual paths to follow makes me wish the map could actually show the map, rather than just locations of things.
    I spent 20 minutes getting lost trying to get to stuff, then finally gave up and got the arcana to just bring everything to me. That left the coffin, which I just managed to track down in time.

Just get enough weapon effects on screen that the game lags and lets you push through solid walls when you walk against them!

• Options
    Aistan wrote: »

Just get enough weapon effects on screen that the game lags and lets you push through solid walls when you walk against them!

Humorously I can do this while running the game with my integrated graphics card, but letting the GPU handle things allows it to keep up.

I'll take the navigation and faster runs over the lag.

I went back to the starting map, and the distances felt insane! I guess the squares on the map really are in scale.

• Options
    Megalo Menya is apparently actually god mode. That'll be fun.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    edited December 2022
    i started playing Vampire Survivors.

I also unlocked a witch who summons kitties instead of having a weapon. neat.

EDIT: Also i think i probably do better when i just pick whatever over when i try to evolve wapon.

21stCentury on
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    just finished unlocking absolutely everything in the mobile version

queen sigma is nuts

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    edited January 2023
    Just beat my first Danger 5 run on Brotato:

jgl0yd6y6nr2.png
    qut5w1gqps8k.png

Running 4 Ghost Flints got me 269% attack speed, and 2 Ghost Axes for 132% damage. I face tanked both double bosses, they died in under 3 seconds. On wave 15 I hit a Plasma Fist, then the Plasma Hammer on 17 and again on 19.

Heffling on
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    @Athenor I just had the most ridiculous run as the Streamer on Danger 2. I went Ethereal melee for damage and attack speed stacking, and was raking in 1000+ currency per round. I picked up Rip and Tear on wave 10 and again on wave 14, and the explosions chain, which is madly stupidly overpowered. And the explosions set off Cyberball. Which can set off more explosions. Which can set off more Cyberballs.
    Which can set off more explosions. Which can set off more Cyberballs.
    obkbpt3k92el.png
    kgvi0ymwy24y.png
    olsl0kebl1ho.png
    gdwvh5vtlnkc.png
    Which can set off more explosions. Which can set off more Cyberballs.

Heffling on
  • Options
    Niiiice! I have been deep in dark souls, but I need to get back to my rando danger 5 runs.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
  • Options
    ffd0juff7swv.png

• Options
    New Patch for Vampire Survivors just dropped. Get to level 80 on Inverse Mad Forest to unlock Bat Country, a new map that has two new relics. The first relic gives you Charm, which is a quantity increase for monster spawns (so curse but no downside?). The 2nd unlocks Morphing Mortacio, which is automatically applied with you get Mort to level 80 after acquiring the relic.

• Options
    That new map is fun
    Fear and Loathing in Green Hill Zone

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    edited February 2023
    Saw Credits roll on Vampire Survivors yesterday. Still need to complete the Collection and do all the DLC stuff though, so it's not over yet. Bat Country was more fun than some of the other challenge levels, I must say.

Edit: Boss Rash down, I'm sure there was a more efficient way to handle that...

Edit 2: I thought there was a bunch of work left, but it was literally just "choose that firework weapon you've never used yet." So that's all the core game achievements. Secret characters and DLC left.

shoeboxjeddy on
  • Options
    I would say "And that's a wrap" since I cleared all the DLC achievements yesterday, but I found a list of how to get all the Secret characters, so I'll probably grab all of them before taking a break for more likely content updates. Might not grind up the cash to buy them all since that would give me stuff to do in the event of another content update or DLC, though.

• Options
    edited February 2023
    Okay, a bit of Vampire Survivors confusion. I unlocked the last secret character (there are 15 [edit correction: 16, in fact] according to every source I've checked on) and now the Secret menu reads "15/16". Is that a glitch or was there a 16th secret of some kind? Every box on the list is checked off...

shoeboxjeddy on
  • Options
    Okay, a bit of Vampire Survivors confusion. I unlocked the last secret character (there are 15 according to every source I've checked on) and now the Secret menu reads "15/16". Is that a glitch or was there a 16th secret of some kind? Every box on the list is checked off...

When you think you've unlocked everything, more shit shows up. It's pretty nutty.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Okay, a bit of Vampire Survivors confusion. I unlocked the last secret character (there are 15 according to every source I've checked on) and now the Secret menu reads "15/16". Is that a glitch or was there a 16th secret of some kind? Every box on the list is checked off...

When you think you've unlocked everything, more shit shows up. It's pretty nutty.

It was a glitch after all. Turning the game off completely and then returning to it changed the numbering to 16/16... Annoyingly on my last run, I was earning cash to buy one of the unlocked characters (price is >$300k!) and the game crashed to dashboard, so that was $100k in the trash.

• Options
    I am having so much trouble trying to get the unlock from inverted mad forest.

For some reason, I'm having a hell of a time trying to survive. And when I do, the enemies are such bullet sponges that I can't collect enough EXP to keep up with the curve or reach level 80 by 30 minutes.

Am I going to have to refund my upgrades and buy less Curse?

• Options
    Enlong wrote: »
    I am having so much trouble trying to get the unlock from inverted mad forest.

For some reason, I'm having a hell of a time trying to survive. And when I do, the enemies are such bullet sponges that I can't collect enough EXP to keep up with the curve or reach level 80 by 30 minutes.

Am I going to have to refund my upgrades and buy less Curse?

Things that I've found helpful:
    -If you have it, take the three free revives tarot card. Basically ensures a successful build unless you create pure gutter trash (my build the other day with fireworks + garlic + boomerangs... with no spinach. It was like gently pushing them with pillows.)
    - You basically need a way to maintain health until your damage locks in, Armor + Pummarola is the gold standard, but you can also take Crown + Attractorb to just put your build together much faster.
    - Focus on one really good weapon (taking the first level of others is fine to add volume) in your first 20 levels or so. Near to max Bible or Whip can carry an otherwise weak setup for a while.
    - If you have Seal unlocked, Seal some stuff you definitely will not use (I'm often sealing daggers or guns since they're not very useful without a specific setup, imo).