Options

[Auto Attack Survivor Games] Vampire Survivors, Spirit Hunters, and Nomad Survival!

• Options
    JonBobJonBob Registered User regular
    I don't fully understand the new systems, which makes me love them more.

jswidget.php?username=JonBob&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2023
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1WMUJ_YMPlY

another VS update/DLC? for later this month

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    What the actual fuck is going on with VS?! I love this!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    edited December 2023
    I lost track of wtf VS was doing a long time ago. I love(d) that game, but damn it got too much for me with all the obscure and convoluted ways of unlocking things that I needed to hunt forbidden reddit internet knowledge to figure out.

akjak on
    Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    akjak wrote: »
    I lost track of wtf VS was doing a long time ago. I love(d) that game, but damn it got too much for me with all the obscure and convoluted ways of unlocking things that I needed to hunt forbidden reddit internet knowledge to figure out.

The only obscure ones are the Secrets, which are just more characters. Everything else is explained by the game itself.

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    As I hate Reddit, I've found True Achievements to be a pretty reliable source of information about all my Vampire Survivors questions, which amount to "How do I unlock these new achievements?"

The answer is almost aways, "Do this thing on this map for 10 to 30 minutes."

• Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    akjak wrote: »

The only obscure ones are the Secrets, which are just more characters. Everything else is explained by the game itself.

Also, the patch notes will give you instructions to unlock the new content added. It's really not that bad.

• Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    I've had Vampire Survivors on my phone for months but did start playing until a few days ago. Eats battery but is more fun to me than it should be.

Following the 'unlocks' as a what to do next in the game. Anything a newbie should know or watch out for?

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Eh, the main thing is just that weapon combinations are really powerful. The game updated at some point to indicate/record them after you discover them, so beyond that it starts to get into the various bits of whats better to take (the answer is basically always damage output anyways).

There are some late unlocks that you can break the game wide open with (useful for when you need to do some specific thing in a level), but for the most part it's fine to figure it out as you go.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Vampire Survivors’s Among Us DLC (still feels weird to say that) is out now!

I’ve quite enjoyed it so far. The new weapons, items, and characters are fun. Though, the actual Among Us characters seem to be, fittingly, focused around gaining boosts during co-op play.

• Options
    Wow, the Paranormal Scan is totally bonkers.

jswidget.php?username=JonBob&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
  • Options
    I like the new content in the Emergency Meeting DLC, but I do not so much like that they may not be adding (Xbox) achievements any more? I was under the impression that there wasn't such a strict upper bound for games with DLC these days, but we seem to be capped at 1500?

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    They specifically said they weren't adding achievements to any crossover DLC as the potential licensing limits mean they may become inaccessible content, and they prefer all achievements to be obtainable by anybody who might play the game in the future.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    milski wrote: »
    They specifically said they weren't adding achievements to any crossover DLC as the potential licensing limits mean they may become inaccessible content, and they prefer all achievements to be obtainable by anybody who might play the game in the future.

Okay, that makes a bit more sense, but the Adventures also don't have any achievements, so I'm not really feeling any better about things.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    JonBob wrote: »
    Wow, the Paranormal Scan is totally bonkers.

Get it early enough and you just snowball forever.

• Options
    Cleared every unlock from the VS Emergency Meeting DLC last night. My review: it's cute for what it is, but unfortunately it is the worst DLC pack for this game. The reason? The previous two packs included two new levels with a quest of sorts to follow which also unlocks the second level with what passes for a plot in VS. This Amogus thing is based on Polus (base) instead of Skeld (the original spaceship level) for some reason, which would be fine if the second level was the Skeld or the airship, instead of not existing. Also lacking, there's only one original boss here, who is essentially a reskinned giant crab. The other DLC had multiple interesting bosses to deal with. All of the DLC weapons fit the theme, but the engineer and vent weapons feel very weak to me (this is not unusual for DLC weapons, to be fair). And finally, no achievements (I don't agree with their reasoning there because achievement hunters consider DLC achievements a distinct pool, it is much less bad if that pool later becomes inaccessible).

Because it's $2.50 (Xbox version DLC not getting a sale when Steam does feels penny pinching, unless there's an Xbox policy that forbids it), I would still recommend that everyone who likes this game gets this DLC too, I just wish the highest profile DLC was actually up to the standard of the others.

• Options
    What happened to my Leda unlock in VS?

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    I had a few of my unlocks reset since I last played, I just used the passwords to unlock them again.

• Options
    Passwords? Oh... that thing I need to unlock from the Bone Zone and also haven't done? Sigh.

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVyydTcMBZc

These developers are too generous.

• Options
    I like that the new free DLC is adding some of the space assets from Amogus back into the "main" game. Even better, they went back and added an achievement that was needlessly ignored previously, for getting the Relic that unlocks Adventure mode.

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    edited March 28
    Soulstone Survivors just updated with a big patch. New character, the Monkey King, (Wukong if you've played Warframe) and tons of other changes.

https://youtu.be/e_cDYpCv3LE?si=OrSM6No5ksjPjc-j

Daimar on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Daimar wrote: »
    Soulstone Survivors just updated with a big patch. New character, the Monkey King, (Wukong if you've played Warframe) and tons of other changes.

And it has been rolled back due to lots of negative feedback from the community.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    edited March 30
    Wow, that's interesting for sure. Skimming the patch notes, it was definitely a huge change to...everything, which is going to be divisive for a game that's already hit 1.0. I enjoyed it a lot but haven't played much recently -- apparently they nerfed level up rewards on a lot of the more impactful effects pretty heavily, which doesn't sound like it would be super fun.

Sounds like the overall impact is the game plays slower and level ups don't feel as impactful, which probably isn't the way to go. A lot of complaints about basically feeling weaker as the game goes on due to enemy scaling outpacing the new player scaling. But a lot of cool stuff in there too -- hopefully they can keep the good stuff when they rework it, but yeah I definitely don't want an update that slows the game down and lowers player damage drastically like that. Find other ways to make the top end more difficult if you really want to.

Fiatil on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Isn't the Entire Point of games like this to become ridiculously OP as fast as possible?

• Options

And it has been rolled back due to lots of negative feedback from the community.

The new patch is out and Monkey King is back in for anyone that wants to Wukong it up. Seems a bit better in terms of damage and survivability than the initial patch, but only tried it on my favorite build which did take a kick in the teeth due to losing half of its summons (fiery blades went from 12 max to 6 max).

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tgn_XyvtOro

Got everything but the secret unlock; trying to figure it out without looking it up. New weapon seems very similar to Summon Night.

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    I've been playing HoloCure - Save the Fans, a free VS clone, and I've been enjoying it.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1XEXZevEbI

This one feels meatier than the last DLC, after one run. It doesn't hurt that the Contra tie-in resonates with me in a way Among Us did not. New weapons so far feel like more than re-skins, and having some new drops from light sources is great.

• Options
    OK, here me out.

They've got the Konami tie-in with Contra. Now what if, and stay with me here, they do a cross-over with...Castlevania?!

I know I'm dreaming big here, but this would bring everything full circle.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    OK, here me out.

They've got the Konami tie-in with Contra. Now what if, and stay with me here, they do a cross-over with...Castlevania?!

But that would inevitably involve a vampire being around and visible in Vampire Survivors.

Do you see where the issue lies?

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    edited May 9
    Hmmm...you're right! Scratch everything I said above, instead of Castlevania, let them add Gradius into VS.

It's basically a perfect fit. Weapons, options, shields, power-ups. Give me that awesome Vic Viper in all it's pixel glory.

For more fun, add the little orange upgrade bar across the bottom and you select your weapons/upgrades from it. New mechanics go!!

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    I think they should add Dig Dug/ Mr. Driller instead.

• Options
    I won't be happy until there's a Burger Time tie in.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    OK, here me out.

But that would inevitably involve a vampire being around and visible in Vampire Survivors.

Do you see where the issue lies?

Just call the character eripmaV.

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Since a robot King Ghidorah, Gyoruntin, was added, Metal Gear Solid as DLC checks off the right boxes. Weapons, characters, and even the cardboard ones.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    ADD ALL MY CHILDHOOD ARCADE FAVORITES INTO VS!!

Rush N' Attack! Black Tiger! Robotron! Gauntlet! Road Blaster! Pole Position! Space Invaders! Ikari Warriors! Tiger Heli! Shaolin Road!

Actually, a lot of those would translate over pretty well. Now I'm bummed they'll never happen.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    I'm looking forward to Bionic Commando, MERCS, Rolling Thunder, and... NARC Survivors.

None of which will likely ever happen either, alas.

"now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    I've been playing Nordic Ashes and it seems to be a good one of these.