As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Peace[chat]ter

• CaptainBeyondCaptainBeyond I've been out walking Registered User regular
    Another day, another offer on a house blown out the water by a cash buyer to whom chucking an additional 20k in is nothing.

My determination not to move until the 'right' place comes along is wavering slightly, as this loop of 'see something, get excited, get disappointed' is wearing and I can't seen an end to it.

• HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I've been putting in a lot of overtime like 2AM nights and morning starts for the last week. Time stamp aficionados will see I was working til 3AM last night and got up at 6 today.

Turns out the project had a 3 week delay and this was known Tuesday morning but nobody bothered to inform me about it. Which is swell.

They wouldn't have known I've been working these hours, but it would have been great to know - and they should have informed me as the lead content creator for it.

PSN: Honkalot
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    This is the last project I do for this division before I switch to my new role, and I couldn't be more happy I never have to do a job for them again.

PSN: Honkalot
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    hello it is time for contessa pictures

r7mJhzIl.jpg
    0Gyj838l.jpg

rRwz9.gif
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Out of curiosity I just checked Zoopla and apparently our house is worth 2/3 more than the figure we paid for it twelve years ago. We've done zero work on it except to put new windows in. It's a vague estimate and there's a bunch of stuff we need to do (new bathroom, replace the carpets, etc), but still.

House prices are insane.

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    I've just checked Zoopla and my house is apparently worth 24% more than when I bought it 3 and a half years ago

No idea how they've calculated it because no houses in my postcode have been sold in the past 12 months

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i appreciate Contessa has a bearing befitting her title

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • CaptainBeyondCaptainBeyond I've been out walking Registered User regular
    Our house is already worth substantially more than it was 18 months ago, probably helped by the work we've done to it.

The problem is that even with a big increase in equity everything else in this part of the world is being bid up substantially, so the advantage is negated. In the classic location/cost/condition balance we have very little leeway with cost, but anything that meets both of the other conditions is going in a matter of days.

• TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Oh God.

Okay Bogart, so Anderson and Broad dropped for the tour of the West Indies. Scuttlebutt is that Woakes and Wood will be given the new ball and I'm just not looking forward to our bowling attack -also- being shit.

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    it's very cool and good knowing i'll never be able to afford a house

really takes the pressure off

• TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    itEaxGEl.jpg

Look at that mustache. Look at that hair!

• VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    My house buying plan is to wait for an inheritance

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    apparently russia conducting military drills off our coast has spooked a certain kind of weirdo and now ireland is investing in it's defence budget and buying military jets

surely the only response russia has to us buying fighter jets is "awww, that's cute"

Tav wrote: »
    it's very cool and good knowing i'll never be able to afford a house

really takes the pressure off

this is how i feel about retirement

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    guys I read the comments on a politics story on reddit.

just lobotomize me now please

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    VishNub wrote: »

That's how I managed it

And I'm probably going to have to rely on a gift from my parents to move again, as I only have one income this time

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
    VishNub wrote: »

That's how I managed it

And I'm probably going to have to rely on a gift from my parents to move again, as I only have one income this time

yeah my down payment was covered by a small inheritance but my plan to build equity and buy up down the road is now shot because even though my house is now worth significantly more, bigger houses are now even more worth significantly more

jesus this weather

today through Saturday sunny and highs of 19°

Sunday a low of -2° and a 50% chance of snow

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    I think I have food poisoning. This is terrible.

Did you violently vomit while simultaneously shitting and both of them felt entirely out of your control? And then do it enough more times until you felt physically exhausted?

If not you probably don't have food poisoning.

Yep, yep, sounds like food poisoning.

I blame Arby's

• AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    I've just checked Zoopla and my house is apparently worth 24% more than when I bought it 3 and a half years ago

No idea how they've calculated it because no houses in my postcode have been sold in the past 12 months
    I suppose that number is just the average increase for all houses of that size in your city.

I mean, money is just an illusion anyway, so they can do this.

• zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Wiferin and I took a loan from our 401ks for our down payment and closing costs.

edited February 2022
    Guy comes to the lobby and asks where the breakfast area is. I say i give it to him and he takes it back to his room

He just left while I was grabbing my mask, so even if he misinterpreted it as I’ll bring it to your room he never told me his name or room number

Welp he’s going hungry

bloodyroarxx on
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    What I wish we'd done is buy when we first moved in together just before the millenium, when house prices were at least a little sane, but it seemed like a) a bit of a risk given our employment wasn't totally reliable and b) we'd only been together six months. What fools!

• amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Morning cool fun people.

@Hahnsoo1 ran a fucking awesome game of Star Trek Adventures last night.

my Bajoran pilot, Path Benathar, got to say "Prophets take the wheel"

Our Captain has a better deception than most D&D rogues I've played with

Our Science officer is an adorable Ferengi

We've got a counselor who is also a hologram and comes with us on adventures!

Good. Times.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Also I just logged in to check our storage arrays at work and one of them is at 69%

I'mma see if I can add garbage files until I can get it to 69.69

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Chanus wrote: »

I'm not saying it doesn't take skill and lots of training or anything, but... why is that even a sport?

• AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »

I'm not saying it doesn't take skill and lots of training or anything, but... why is that even a sport?

Okay but that’s a question for about half of all Olympic sports

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Echo wrote: »

I'm pretty sure all the Olympic sports are just elaborate jokes

My boxer is snoring in Lamaze breaths. I think he's gregnant

Slipped on some black ice and turfed my knee

Oooowwwww

Slipped on some black ice and turfed my knee

Oooowwwww

Hey in about six months you're gonna remember that when you get out of bed and your knee pops the wrong way.

(also that sucks man, I hope it's not too bad)

• AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    If ski jump is a winter Olympic sport than human cannonball should be a summer Olympic sport

edited February 2022
    Atomika wrote: »
    If ski jump is a winter Olympic sport than human cannonball should be a summer Olympic sport

I think HALO or base jumping should be an Olympic sport personally, especially since Rock Climbing is.

(edit: A HALO jump, not the video game, although e-sports should absolutely get added to the olympics at some point)

amateurhour on

American gladiators theme intensifies

edited February 2022

I think HALO or base jumping should be an Olympic sport personally, especially since Rock Climbing is.

(edit: A HALO jump, not the video game, although e-sports should absolutely get added to the olympics at some point)

ehhhhhhhhh

VishNub on
    The olympics is and should remain a meatspace thing, imo

you can have a separate thing for esports, though that seems to perpetually fail in slow motion

And do you really want to sully the good name of esports by associating it with the IOC

Does MLG still exist

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Halo should be an olympic sport but not as an esport

Real Halo

This discussion has been closed.