As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker! 6.1 releasing April 12th

• DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    H97uGwd.png

The Fishing Squad!
    The grim specter of death that hovers over your shoulder, every catacomb breath befouling the air? Check!
    Me! oh there was a really good Chocobo dance on Aethertube. Check!
    Kwehvin. Wark.

Midnite
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    WoL: hey G’raha you’re an academic can you explain something. Why is it when I beat up a primal or a dragon or whatever they always drop a box with a weapon that looks like them in it

G’raha: They. They do what

WoL: hmm ok I’ll be going now

BahamutZERO.gif
    destroyah87Polaritie
  • SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    kq7ivtwt7hk0.png

nidhogg gamer status achieved

SYhhzZG.jpg?2?8605
    admanbSkeithBahamutZERO
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    shoulda tank lb'd

• SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    good content

• DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    y8nouvpy8zx6.png

Finally checked out GShade. I'm liking the results so far!

DonnictonAnzekayDepressperadoBahamutZERO
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    I've been leveling each class to 50 just to get rid of my anxiety about turning green gear into GC seals. I was always thinking "well if I start leveling BLM, I could use it...". I've got everyone to 30, just cracked open the HW classes since they start there. I actually waited until my other classes were 30+ and vendored my 30 gear. I figured they'd be like RDM, which starts with a decent full set. Been leveling ninja and since it's one of my later DoW classes, I'm ending up with full gear sets from most dungeons. The Stone Vigil and Dzemael Darkhold sets are actually cool and piratey, might stash them in the glamour chest.

Anyways, Ninja is 44 now. Adding one mudra was nice, now I can do lightning single-target or fire AOE. I hope adding the third doesn't make things overly complicated, it's fun right now.

Pretty much all the classes are kind of snoozey up to 30, then start getting interesting sometime during 30-50. I really think they need to move more stuff down into 1-50, it's ok if you don't get something every 2 levels from 50-70. Smooths out the progression.

• SegSeg Registered User regular
    The gear that the game gives you for the HW jobs is not great. Haukke Manor (level 28) will give you better stuff than the chest and pants you get from the unlock quest. I am sure that the RDM and SAM starting stuff is a result of people complaining about how frustrating the start is for the HW jobs.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited May 11
    NIN mudras aren't too bad - all that matters is how many buttons you hit and what the last one is.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    Kana
  • WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Ninja's reputation for complexity is overblown, in my experience. If you can count to three forwards and backwards you're most of the way to mastering mudras already.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
    Midnite
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    The only point it ever throws a wrench in really is Hyosho Ranryu, since that one upgrades Hyoton (the 2-mudra move you literally never use) instead of Raiton (the one you always use for single-target nuking).

TCJ seems complicated until you solve it and realize you just hit Ten-Chi-Jin in order every time for Fuma>Raiton>Suiton. Technically you can do Jin-Ten-Chi (Fuma>Katon>Doton) for AoE damage but the use cases for that are tiny considering TCJ is a 2m cd.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    BahamutZERO
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Mudra aren't that hard

Doing mudra while also doing everything else NIN does while also doing mechanics though...

X22wmuF.jpg
    BahamutZERO
  • I needed a gnome to post.I needed a gnome to post. boom Registered User regular
    yeah it's like, take for example the recent ultimate. you show me every phase, you tell me how to do every mechanic, i could probably, within a day or two, do every mechanic

doing those mechanics while doing other things like hitting the boss, though...

liEt3nH.png
    destroyah87MadicanKanaBahamutZEROBloodsheedNeveron
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    yeah it's like, take for example the recent ultimate. you show me every phase, you tell me how to do every mechanic, i could probably, within a day or two, do every mechanic

doing those mechanics while doing other things like hitting the boss, though...

And this is why I had to stop Savage raiding, it was just too much stress keeping track of everything happening while also trying to keep track of all the cooldowns and effects of my own abilities.

Kevin Crist
    Wyvern wrote: »
    Ninja's reputation for complexity is overblown, in my experience. If you can count to three forwards and backwards you're most of the way to mastering mudras already.

The complexity of ninja isn't memorizing mudras, it's high APM and doing all of your damage in a small burst window with little margin for error.

PolaritieDonnicton
    g6ur3zgk5532.jpg

Just me and the boys having a night out

CormacBahamutZEROCrippl3admanbIronKnuckle's GhostMidnite
    This preset doesn't do it so heavily but I also like the tiltshift one that makes everyone look like action figures

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Wait can you do gpose with the trust NPCs?

• AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Wait can you do gpose with the trust NPCs?

you can always include NPCs in gpose! You just do it with them in a trust dungeon like you would anywhere else :)

• Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Echo wrote: »

That's EVERY DAY for me right now.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
    I hit 90 with WHM tonight, meaning that for the first time ever, I have a job in every role at cap, and I was able to do the role capstone quest.

It's good! Really feels like part of the MSQ, but in a way that makes it easy to gloss over if they want to build on it in the actual MSQ.

Polaritie
    edited May 13
    I liked the shadowbringers role quest capstone more, should go back and do that one if you haven't
    also all of Unukalhai's quests in the rising stones if you haven't already

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    AldoNeveron
    I had to unfollow our sister thread in G&T because it's been like 3 pages of longposts about mods. At this point I'm praying for like... any news about anything.

Like, do we know when 6.11 is coming? There were scenes in the 6.1 trailer that aren't in the patch as far as I can tell. One scene of a glowing Hildibrand, and another where there was some kind of elephant street-racing going on?

BahamutZEROKana
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Delzhand wrote: »
    I had to unfollow our sister thread in G&T because it's been like 3 pages of longposts about mods. At this point I'm praying for like... any news about anything.

Like, do we know when 6.11 is coming? There were scenes in the 6.1 trailer that aren't in the patch as far as I can tell. One scene of a glowing Hildibrand, and another where there was some kind of elephant street-racing going on?

Dragonsong Ultimate was 6.11. Next up is 6.15 with all that stuff you mentioned, and it should be next week, assuming the housing troubles don't push it back.

The housing stuff might push it back, wouldn't be surprised now that you mention it.

The housing snafu is scheduled to be cleaned up tomorrow or Saturday IIRC. They put out a statement that if you got a lottery ticket 0 won the plot error and got your refund already, they intend to assign the proper winner and also let you keep you money.

BahamutZERO.gif
    The housing stuff might push it back, wouldn't be surprised now that you mention it.

The housing snafu is scheduled to be cleaned up tomorrow or Saturday IIRC. They put out a statement that if you got a lottery ticket 0 won the plot error and got your refund already, they intend to assign the proper winner and also let you keep you money.

But there will be a vendor where you can voluntarily return the money, which... I don't see many people taking up without some kind of incentive. They least they could do is throw out a fantasia or something.

I suppose that's there just for those who would feel ill at ease feeling like they cheated somehow.

BahamutZERO.gif
    Aldo
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited May 13
    I totally forgot to do the role capstone quest when it was added, I ought to go do that

TheySlashThem on
    Aldo
    So I decided to start trying to catch the elusive Warden of the Seven Hues today, after my FC leader asked me to try and catch one for the FC house and offered to give me a couple million gil if I did.

So I uh... caught it in one 2 hour sitting (4 different windows for the 4 different fish involved in catching one). My first try....

Anyway here's the gay fish I was super super lucky to catch so quickly!

db2duerdctu1.jpg

BahamutZEROreVerseDonnictonMidniteCrippl3AldoIronKnuckle's Ghostdestroyah87BilliardballDepressperadoph blaketurtleantTheySlashThemDarkPrimusNeveronSkeith
    Anzekay you lucky fucker lol

BahamutZERO.gif
    Depressperado
    edited May 13
    Anzekay you lucky fucker lol

I hooked him 6 times and he kept getting away, and then I got him on the 7th with literally 4 seconds left on the intuition buff. I was frankly speechless.

It was a REALLY good window, though, and I was very prepared and had tips from friends. I caught the first two fish you need 3 of each via mooch in triple hook, and then I prepped a full 10 stacks of angler's art and waited for the green fish's window. I caught 3, then caught 1 on its own and hit identical cast. Just had to wait til the green fish window was at less than 30 seconds left, catch the final green to get intuition, and I only had 3 possible fish to hook for the full 3 minutes. Surface Slap one and it was just 1 fodder fish!

Also my FC leader took this very funny gpose and put it in a frame. There's a second fish tank overlapping with the one that the Warden is in, with the prism fish I had to catch to get him.

9739lmpopwfz.png

Anzekay on
    BahamutZERO
  • BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    Oh right, triple hook would make those intuition windows much less annoying than they were, didn't even think of that.

Still got a nasty habit of slipping off the hook though, grats on the catch.

Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Delzhand wrote: »

But there will be a vendor where you can voluntarily return the money, which... I don't see many people taking up without some kind of incentive. They least they could do is throw out a fantasia or something.
    I never even took my 50 million out of the placard. I saw that the winner was 0, knew that had to be wrong, and given the options of "Reclaim your deposit? [Yes] [No]" I just Esc'd out of that menu and it's still in there. Personally I would have preferred a route of them deciding to let every error-struck player keep their deposit as an apology for the month-long wait, but as it is, I got no problem honestly paying the agreed-upon price for the land.

can you withdraw it now? or have they locked them at this point

BahamutZERO.gif
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    It's still there.
    jg5MQsL.jpg

Well it sounds like it's safe to pull it out at this point and you'll get to keep it.
    https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/45bcc794df0db3e4972a877723c3ddd5e6dd1909
    For winning participants who already received a gil refund due to the “Winning Lottery Number of 0” error

Once lottery data has been restored, some participants may discover that they had, in fact, won the lottery, despite already receiving a refund due to the lottery number error. Even if your deposit was refunded due to this system error, your ability to finalize the purchase of a won plot will remain unaffected.

In patch 6.2 we plan to implement an NPC by which you may voluntarily return the deposit you were accidentally refunded.
    As these housing lottery issues have been significant and caused great stress and frustration in many players, we have no intention of performing a data rollback to forcibly rescind any refunded gil. We will make an announcement regarding the voluntary return of housing deposits once the NPC in question is ready to be implemented.

In closing, I would like to thank you all once again for your patience and understanding this past month, and extend my deepest apologies for the trouble and inconvenience these issues have caused. We will do everything in our power to safely restore your data, fix any remaining issues, and bring you all a fair and functional housing lottery system. Thank you for your continued support.

Also I was mistaken, the implementation date for the restored lottery results is the 16th, monday, not the 14th or 15th.

BahamutZERO.gif