Options

[Dying Light 2] Zombie Parkour

2»

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    I love first person melee combat where enemies attack you from off screen and the game doesn't seem to give you any indicator that it's happening. Especially games where it wants you to perform perfect dodges.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    Do zombies still grab you out of the middle of attack animations or when they're like five feet away from you? That was a constant source of irritation for me in the first game.

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Syngyne wrote: »
    Do zombies still grab you out of the middle of attack animations or when they're like five feet away from you? That was a constant source of irritation for me in the first game.

Yes they do, and zombies can also do a roman reigns super man punch on you that knocks you down, its technically dodgeable but good fucking luck dodging it.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    I didn't find it too big of a deal, as long as I wasn't letting them surround me.

I'm basically completely done with the game now. 2 broken quests and their collectables stopping me from making final trophy progress. Besides the absurd $1mil earned and 1mile traveled trophies anyway. So I'll come back in a few patches and hope.

• Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    I suck at the paraglider.

• Options
    Bigity wrote: »
    I suck at the paraglider.

It gets better as you upgrade it, but it's always a little finicky. Particularly getting used to the just right amount of tapping back so you can maintain height before being able to use the boost again.

It's a total miss on Techland's part that you can't use the ziplines while maintaining the paraglider.

• Options
    The paraglider I got used to, but man the top gun challenge was a mother fucker. The grappling hook I hated, it just fucking sucked.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Wait, is there some kind of trick to the paraglider I don't know?

I just hold forward.

And then pull down when I want to descend.

I thought that was it?

• Options
    On controller the paraglider has a boost when you press in L3. You can also sorta tap back to maintain the exact height, just holding back while sorta stall you out.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Wow I missed out on that boost thing entirely. It seems to fly forward enough even without upgrades just holding forward though so I'm not too concerned about trying to finagle pull back at all. Usually seems best to just land on another roof and then start up again.

• Options
    So I picked this up on sale, and having played through it, I feel like I am safe in saying Techland has no idea how to do an end boss encounter.

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    So I picked this up on sale, and having played through it, I feel like I am safe in saying Techland has no idea how to do an end boss encounter.

It wasn't even hard it was just annoying and almost 100% ignores how you as a player got to play the game up to that point. Like the crappy boss fights in the Dues Ex remake.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

It wasn't even hard it was just annoying and almost 100% ignores how you as a player got to play the game up to that point. Like the crappy boss fights in the Dues Ex remake.

In slight defense of Deus Ex: Human Revolution, the GOTY edition at least updated the boss fights with some changes so you could do some sneaky stuff in the fights instead of every boss being too annoying and bland so you just delete all of them with the explosion ability.

• Options
    I just wish open world games would stop going "ok enough of all that fun you were having now for us to shove you into a pigeon holed shit area." Be it forced stealth or ridiculous and boring overly long combat sections. Although some of the parkour sections in 2 were also stupid as fuck, like when you get the grapple tool it just was like "oh now you'll really hate parkour areas." Which sucks because the batman like grapple gun in 1 was amazing.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Best thing about the grappling hook in 1 was the way you could Just Cause 2 your way out of a fatal drop by grappling to the ground before you hit.

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    Best thing about the grappling hook in 1 was the way you could Just Cause 2 your way out of a fatal drop by grappling to the ground before you hit.

And I thought that's what we'd get in two, but no we get this awful rope swing device they expect you to chain rope swing with and it sucks.

Like the paragliding was at least fun/fast, but the grapple sucks and every section with it I hated. Like there are antenna's they expect you to use it on and fuck all of those every last one.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Boy, am I glad I found this thread. Was about to buy the game as I love the first one but was hesitating as the sale price was £45..... seems like it definitely needs to be cheaper for me to grab it.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »
    Boy, am I glad I found this thread. Was about to buy the game as I love the first one but was hesitating as the sale price was £45..... seems like it definitely needs to be cheaper for me to grab it.

I also loved the first one and traded this one back in after about ten hours

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Cynical Old Man Registered User regular
    I just picked it up for $25 at Gamefly. I think that's an okay price. I can get $25 of enjoyment out of it right?

• Options
    urahonky wrote: »
    I just picked it up for $25 at Gamefly. I think that's an okay price. I can get $25 of enjoyment out of it right?

I think so. There were little things that annoyed me, I didn’t really care much about the story/characters, the end boss encounter was terrible, but there was fun to be had in there.

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    I finally fired this up and... I'm really struggling with it. I can imagine the game is way more fun with friends but Jesus this game is hard. I'm always getting my ass kicked. I'm blocking and dodging like I should but everything is unrelenting. I'm currently sitting in a room with UV waiting out the night because I can't fight shit and there's no bed around.

Then they also removed a ton of ways to get exp in the game and that's annoying... And tying all of your skill progression to stamina is baffling.

• Options
    On top of that there is no manual save and I can't seem to find any indication that the game has saved... So I have to just assume that it's saved? Usually games tell you and/or let you view your save so you can be sure but now I'm supposed to trust this game? I've slept in a bed twice... If I load the game tomorrow will it have saved? We'll see I guess lol

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    anyone super over levelled that can join my game and help me get the Halloween stuff before it ends? I'm still only level 2 or whatever the game uses