As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Kim kong wants to make a comic…

Kim kongKim kong Registered User regular
edited February 12 in Artist's Corner
…and a has made one.

SUPRISE!

Ok, for the new year, one of my crazy resolutions for myself, was to make a comic. Not just a comic, but a one of those new-fangled webcomics. Some maybe have heard of them.
But since I have no experience and certainly no training doing this I was totally insecure to even try.
But hey, since it has been given away by the mere concept of me making this thread, I have now finished a short try-out chapter.

Enjoy,

Starring these two

e3ox2hoyvvy2.jpeg

vg93mngcknln.jpeg
x92ylkqpu7qa.jpeg
4fdqp25xvyqt.jpeg
41c9hrhslzc0.jpeg
g27kuscdxw2c.jpeg

Kim kong on
Angel_of_BaconDidgeridooYoshisummonsDisruptedCapitalistEchoacadiaEndless_SerpentsOctirinDoodmannmegados

• Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    Nice! I know comic making is a ton of work so always huge respect for anyone that can make it to the finish on one. :+1::+1:

XaquinDoodmann
  • barcsbarcs ireland Registered User regular
    great work! really nice story telling and body language! is it traditional? getting a comic finished is one of the best things you can do to kick your skills up a level or two! one of my favourite past times is finding web comic artists i like and going back to their first page and seeing the jump in skill!

Xaquin
  • Kim kongKim kong Registered User regular
    It is done in Procreate.
    This was also trying to find a correct (digital) workflow, that works for me. I have the bad habit to write stories without the dialogue in mind. So I do the thumbnails and experiment with the layout. Then sketch it out, then ink it all and finally write all the text.
    This is not the way.
    But hey, as I said, this was a learning experience. And although it is (a bit) rough around the edges, I had fun with it.

• barcsbarcs ireland Registered User regular
    i find i cant write without thumb nailing and the dialogue is usually the last stuff i add! if this is not the way i have no way!

Kim kong
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Nice! Keep it up! I’ll be reading it regular once it’s underway.

I too thought it was traditional art; it’s good look.

• Kim kongKim kong Registered User regular
    Some settings in Procreate are just too good to ignore, from a workflow standpoint. If I were to make rough guess, it cuts off about a third in time, from really rough sketch to acceptable ‘finished’ drawing.