Options

Xenoblade Chronicles: You Will Know Our Games

• Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    Both Switch games have camera zoom options. But I'm not surprised if they are pulling back due to trying to keep track of 6/7 player parties, even if only for trailers.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Sweet! That means likely they still will have the option. I just couldn't remember. I love being zoomed in during combat.

Visibility be damned I just wanna see cool animations up close haha.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Oh also another new tweet. There are Special Arts now that charge up by doing actions that match the characters current role.

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Ursula is a wonderful design and it annoys me that more of them aren't that good.

she was designed by the same artist as Dahlia, btw.
    and the artist is a woman :D

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Ursula is a wonderful design and it annoys me that more of them aren't that good.

she was designed by the same artist as Dahlia, btw.
    and the artist is a woman :D

*facedesk*

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    I've been trying to get as much gameplay related details as I can but trying to avoid visual spoilers as much as possible so on that process may have just missed this..

Bit has anyone seen any specific information on the whole "class switching" thing? Basically wondering if its weapon linked and if the classes are just the 3 roles?

Ideally I'd like each group of 2 to be the same role. Curious if that seems possible/if it requires being stuck with eachothers weapons.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Late XC2 question - if I just barrel through the last few bits of the story, will I end up with a postgame save I can jump back into to finish up any Affinity Charts I wanna do, or does it force you into NG+?

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Late XC2 question - if I just barrel through the last few bits of the story, will I end up with a postgame save I can jump back into to finish up any Affinity Charts I wanna do, or does it force you into NG+?

You get a postgame save you can go around knocking stuff out on, yes.

• Options
    edited May 2022
    I've been trying to get as much gameplay related details as I can but trying to avoid visual spoilers as much as possible so on that process may have just missed this..

Bit has anyone seen any specific information on the whole "class switching" thing? Basically wondering if its weapon linked and if the classes are just the 3 roles?

Ideally I'd like each group of 2 to be the same role. Curious if that seems possible/if it requires being stuck with eachothers weapons.

Each class has not only a specific weapon, but an entire outfit. One of the trailers also shows Noah wearing Taion's clothes and shooting oragami.

While there appears to be three roles (just like XC2), there still appears to be at least six classes. The classes do have more specific names, it's been revealed that Noah is a "Swordfighter" while Mio is a "Zephyr." It has also been made clear that Mio's class is an evasion-based tank while Lanz just takes the hits. There are a bunch of NPCs seen using other weapons like Bows so it's possible they represent other classes, some of them might even be recruitable. (Then maybe your whole party can learn their class?)

I6D7IfHyEoL3tCZW6l1gEd7lfEWIKXa13oI8bhxkilY.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=7da03a32c96fef3162829f74d0f624cf27706e01

rahkeesh2000 on
  • Options
    Oh weird. So can you fill time them wearing the others clothes or is that like a momentary switch?

Seems kinda strange that if you were to swap someone's role they would just be wearing a teammates outfit forever haha.

Although I guess Mio and hammer girl would look fine outfit swapped but it would still feel a little weird.

• Options
    Well I guess if we look above it's basically only changing your jacket. And as far as I've seen if you're using a different weapon, you're wearing the matching jacket.

It seems that you can set up one active class at a time (and therefore have one appearance), although you get to combine with some of the arts of an inactive class. (Arts Fusion) Each class also needs to be leveled independently to some degree like jobs in Final Fantasy.

• Options
    Ohh the job leveling sounds rad.

I wonder if there are other weapon types /classes outside each appearance we've seen.

Because I'm not sure I want Mio with a big hammer. But if I can have her on some other kinda DPS weapon(not Noah's that feels wrong and I dont want duplicates) that could be really cool.

Damn I'm getting way too hype for this game haha.

• Options
    Ohh the job leveling sounds rad.

I wonder if there are other weapon types /classes outside each appearance we've seen.

Because I'm not sure I want Mio with a big hammer. But if I can have her on some other kinda DPS weapon(not Noah's that feels wrong and I dont want duplicates) that could be really cool.

Damn I'm getting way too hype for this game haha.

I think they should have an unrevealed class that brings back the giant laser cannons from 2.

• Options
    Speak of the devil, here's some evidence of Sena (from the main 6) using Zeon's sword+shield (a "hero" aka. recruitable 7th slot.) It also looks like, when you use a fusion art from a non-active class, you temporarily use the weapon from that class for the art.

• Options
    Oh hells yes!

Gonna be really fun seeing how this shakes out and looking like making lanz/sena both tanks and Mio/Noah both dps dream is alive!

Will make the party size feel much better to me that way.

• Options
    Super secret tech: All DPS.

• Options
    SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    Well I started up Torna tonight, and so far I'm liking it. The changes to the combat system feel like they'll make it more interesting and dynamic, and no gacha is of course pretty welcome. I feel like I should go back and review what happened in 2. By the time we got to the details of Jin's story I was pretty well checked out (or at least not invested enough to remember all the details), so I'm not sure I'll recognize the significance of everything.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Well I started up Torna tonight, and so far I'm liking it. The changes to the combat system feel like they'll make it more interesting and dynamic, and no gacha is of course pretty welcome. I feel like I should go back and review what happened in 2. By the time we got to the details of Jin's story I was pretty well checked out (or at least not invested enough to remember all the details), so I'm not sure I'll recognize the significance of everything.

Eh, wait for it to come back to you I say.

• Options
  • Options
    Who fucking wanted that.

Some people seem to think the displayed system is closer to Xeno 2 aux cores though so, maybe it won't be a complete trashfire.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Who fucking wanted that.

Some people seem to think the displayed system is closer to Xeno 2 aux cores though so, maybe it won't be a complete trashfire.

Aux cores were pretty bad though, too. Just give me the thing. Don't give me the potential for the thing and then make me go do another thing to get the actual thing.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    i just hope you get friendship moments when using it

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    Who fucking wanted that.

Aux cores were pretty bad though, too. Just give me the thing. Don't give me the potential for the thing and then make me go do another thing to get the actual thing.

Well I won't say they were great, but if I gotta choose, let me farm a bit of junk over pouring over pages of crappy gems to combine.

• Options
    I'm like 15 hours into Torna or so, and I did go back and read the summary of 2 - and I'm really glad I did, if for no other reason than that if not I would have constantly been wracking my brain trying to remember things that I know were covered.

It still feels like an improvement on 2, though the further I go the less different it feels, both for good and bad. I like how they changed the pouch items to be crafted by the different people, but they still feel largely insignificant, and also impossible to actually plan with effectively - I mainly just use them to advance on the blade's affinity charts. It has the same weird over the top comedic bits which always feel jarringly out of place. It has a variety of side quests, some of which are just super basic, but others of which I think have great writing and character bits.

I don't know if I really articulated it before, but I'm also realizing that one of the issues with the combat system to me is the pyramidal nature of the systems involved. Pyramidal in that auto attacks enable arts, arts enable combos, combos enable chain attacks. But the higher up in the pyramid you have to go to to win a fight, the less important and interesting the details of the lower levels are. Auto attacks are one thing, as they are basically just a timer, but if you're just trying to build up combos and get element orbs, then you're just going to rush through the arts without really worrying about the details or timing very much. I don't really care about whether I got bonus damage from cancelling, or if I'm attacking the right facing of the enemy for the specific art, because the benefit is tiny compared to the benefit of just mashing them all as soon as possible. I still try to do those things, because it's more fun to do that way, but I wonder if I'm playing suboptimally for it.

sig.gif
  • Options
    I'm up to Chapter 10 of XC2 and uh holy shit what is happening

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Well hitting the cancels boosts your special guage which helps you place orbs faster. But yeah it can kind of devolve into just cancelling your three arts into each other and then swapping. Heck that's a lot easier to time than trying to cancel the 3rd auto-attack.

rahkeesh2000 on
  • Options
    The gem crafting is definitely different.

I'm always down for a minigame used for character progression systems like that though so I'm excited to see what theydo with it!

• Options
    I mainly remember the gem crafting being kind of inscrutable. I think I did it once, was confused, and then decided to hold off until I needed it and put the time into learning it, and then that never really happened. I think I did it a couple more times to boost affinity, but I didn't really care about the gems it made.

sig.gif
  • Options
    BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    I mainly remember the gem crafting being kind of inscrutable. I think I did it once, was confused, and then decided to hold off until I needed it and put the time into learning it, and then that never really happened. I think I did it a couple more times to boost affinity, but I didn't really care about the gems it made.
    I ignored gem crafting until the end game when I had to use it because the system was so RNG dependent. Even then half of it was save-scumming when Shulk & Reyn failed to get to Mega Heat.

It can be useful early in the game if you already understand it (you can max Shulk & Reyn's affinity by Gaur Plains). Casually you'd only get some crappy gem with a low (rank-based) RNG value. If Reyn stays with a strong flame and Shulk gets a fever or two you can get two gems one rank higher than you could normally craft with their value being the max for that rank.

If you're fighting the super bosses you need good gems. On that note here is a fun fact: Instant Death is prevented with Debuff Resist.

Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2022
    Crafting demanded so much for gems worth a dang that it was basically a tiny boost if you engaged with it during your first playthrough. Seemed more like a New Game Plus min-max thing.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Gem crafting was pretty much just for postgame yeah.

I liked them as a way to upgrade stuff and such, but making them was a pain.

Polaritie on
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    https://topics.nintendo.co.jp/article/a4c0a78d-e993-4fae-8c8e-62c5927040fa

Lots of good info on how classes and arts work. Confirmation on some things that were assumed as well like how the arts recharge differently based on where the character is from.

DemonStacey on
  • Options

Lots of good info on how classes and arts work. Confirmation on some things that were assumed as well like how the arts recharge differently based on where the character is from.

That actually seems like it could be interesting if two people have the same class but different recharge styles.

• Options

That actually seems like it could be interesting if two people have the same class but different recharge styles.

I was actually already planning on having each of the pairs be the same role so, while not the exact same class, I will sorta have that going on!

I'm quite excited to see how this all plays out and hope that its not too horizontal and that there's at least a decent amount of vertical progression that isn't just numbers.

Next month wooo!

• Options
    Finished XC2, that was rather excellent. And now I'm worried about XC3
    Potentially undoing this! They fixed the world, sorta! :<

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    I mean that's just what Zohar Conduits do, ain't it.

• Options
    Post Credits
    UH

HOLY SHIT
    how did that happen!?

Pyra and Mythra both regenerated, split from each other, and seemingly kept their memories!? Ultimate happy ending I guess.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Well, Pnuema's probably still dead. Mythra/Pyra are personalities she invented to deal with drivers, now they are all that is left.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    That ending is just deus ex machina followed by deus ex machina

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    So I only had one blank spot in the blade list and a pile of legendary core crystals leftover, so I burned through em for yucks and unlocked... T-elos! Neat! Go check the library and uh... that wasn't the one I was missing? How many hidden ones are there!?

Don't think I'm quite ready to put this down and start Torna. Gonna finish off the Affinity Charts for every Rare Blade, maybe mess around in the Land of Challenge and kill the superbosses.

Oh brilliant