Options

Xenoblade Chronicles: You Will Know Our Games

• Options
    BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    So I only had one blank spot in the blade list and a pile of legendary core crystals leftover, so I burned through em for yucks and unlocked... T-elos! Neat! Go check the library and uh... that wasn't the one I was missing? How many hidden ones are there!?

Don't think I'm quite ready to put this down and start Torna. Gonna finish off the Affinity Charts for every Rare Blade, maybe mess around in the Land of Challenge and kill the superbosses.
    If you still need a Blade that you need to pull there's a farming guide here for core chips if you need it. The TL;DW is farm Vampire Bride Marion for Gold Chips then go beat on Cloud Sea King Ken like he is a pinata. Use a custom difficulty to make things easier (raise enemy HP to the max and lower their damage and attack frequency). Playing as Tora w/Poppi QTπ is highly advised for Speedy Sword with the best scope you have to increase the odds of inflicting break.

And in case you didn't know there are also NG+ Blades that you can pull. Notably
    Members of Torna.

Also there are a few "Blades" you can earn in the Land of Challenge.
    Shulk, Fiora, and Elma.

Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Thanks for that, used Custom Difficulty to set his health to max and endlessly Smash the fool over about 50 minutes, got 75 rare cores, 30 legendary, ended up pulling my final rare blade (Zenobia! She seems awesome!) after using two of em. Welp. Got some for NG+ I guess! :P

Also got 15 Mirror Matter Chips which seem pretty dang great!

And then went into the Land of Challenge forgetting about those Custom Difficulty settings, was getting really confused why every battle was taking so damn long.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    That third challenge blade
    so hard to get

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited June 2022
    TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:

XC3 special edition preorders in the US go on sale tomorrow, on the my Nintendo store. Limit 2. UK sales at a later date. No specific time is listed, so just keep an eye on it if you're interested.

EDIT: This tweet was at 9am (mountain time I think, so whatever time that is for you), which may or may not be an indication of when preorders will go live.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Also a new location trailer out but posting that via phone is too annoying.

So go find it of you wanna see some pretty scenes!

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:

XC3 special edition preorders in the US go on sale tomorrow, on the my Nintendo store. Limit 2. UK sales at a later date. No specific time is listed, so just keep an eye on it if you're interested.

EDIT: This tweet was at 9am (mountain time I think, so whatever time that is for you), which may or may not be an indication of when preorders will go live.

No music, no sale. Already got my regular version preordered anyway.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Also a new location trailer out but posting that via phone is too annoying.

So go find it of you wanna see some pretty scenes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5w6ANGPFTw

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Shocking. Who could have seen this coming except everyone?

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I had mine in the cart, it made me sign in again, and now maintenance. I'm about to leave cell range for work so I guess I'm not going to get this one.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    It's still just sitting in maintenance mode, so nobody can order anything. I got blocked before that because it wouldn't register me as logged in on any page. An utterly predictable mess indeed.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Apparently this horribly convoluted method has been working for people:

Go to a browser where you can log in, then Wishlist the item from this page: https://www.nintendo.com/store/game...tendo+Switch&topLevelFilters=Store+exclusives

Go to your Wishlist, hit "Learn more" on the item.

Pre-purchase it.

Then head to the Sales page link: https://store.nintendo.com/sales

Hit the cart icon in the top right and check out.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    Well, it looks like your first link got mangled in the copy/pasting, and the second doesn't come up.

• Options
    edited June 2022
    Can't actually sign in, really. You hit the sign in button, get to sign in and put in the auth code, and then it shunts you back to the last window without being logged in. :P

Edit: signed in, clicked the add to wishlist button, get the heart to pop, but nothing on the wishlist. Really, the whole thing is busted, a.k.a. very Nintendo.

Shadowfire on
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Well, it looks like your first link got mangled in the copy/pasting, and the second doesn't come up.

Sorry, here is hopefully he corrected link for the first part: https://www.nintendo.com/store/games/?p=1&sort=df&f=corePlatforms&f=topLevelFilters&corePlatforms=Nintendo+Switch&topLevelFilters=Store+exclusives

However, it's convoluted and silly. It's crazy how busted the site is.

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    Yeah, here's the original info. I finally got it on the wish list, but the store site is down for maintenance now.

• Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    edited June 2022
    damn, still cant see it to favourite/wishlist it

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    InterpreterInterpreter Registered User regular
    Same. As soon as I try to wishlist it, it pops back to not wishlisted.

Hopefully they'll make sure to have enough of the special edition for people who want it.

• Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    if i recall xbc 2 got a reprint of its collectors and this one isnt even shipping on launch, its shipping in fall so hopefully we can grab it

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    InterpreterInterpreter Registered User regular
    I hope. I've got collectors editions for XBX, XB2, and XB1DF, so I want to keep the set going.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited June 2022
    PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    I hope. I've got collectors editions for XBX, XB2, and XB1DF, so I want to keep the set going.

I never grabbed XCX's collector's edition but yeah, a large part of this for me is completion.

Very frustrating that this all exploded this way.

• Options
    SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    I'm pretty close to the end of Torna. I usually don't completely fill out the affinity charts, but this game's short enough that I figured it would be doable. But...seems like I might have to do some grinding here.
    All that's left is monster granny and the nopon in the sealed cave. Apparently I have to beat every unique monster, including the secret ones from the nopon??? Whyyyy.....I just want to see Mithra's Girl Talk get unlocked.

I had already been going through and beating the uniques as monster granny does give you a clue, and I'm already kind of over it. I think I've done more chain attacks now than I've done in the whole of xc2 (which probably is why I had some issues there), but it's become like the rest of the combat system in that it just feels very rote, like I come up with an optimal path through, and then just do it every time.

At least all the other community missions were good, I enjoyed the twist reveal around the green barrels, and sending people out on a mission for the medicine.

sig.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Polaritie wrote: »

I never grabbed XCX's collector's edition but yeah, a large part of this for me is completion.

Very frustrating that this all exploded this way.

You missed the unwieldy usb key that is laughably small at this point! :lol:

I actually love it, and don't care that I've literally never used it for its intended purpose (and I imported the full soundtrack anyway, so that wasn't even a useful thing, plus, the way the soundtrack is accessed on the key is bizarre, and would have been bizarre in 1997), but you didn't miss much.

I love art books though, but the funny thing is that I refuse to look at them before I play the games because they almost always have some major major major spoilers in them, and then sometimes I actually forget until way later. But then it's usually a nice run through memories and sometimes causes me to do another playthrough. Xeno-games in general have had some pretty excellent art books, even if they are sometimes really weird shapes.

I'm also totally random about whether or not I care about collectors editions. When I used to play WoW and other Blizzard games, I actively got every single CE for every title, because they were really good and the price tended to be fairly reasonable, considering they almost always came with a full soundtrack, behind the scenes stuff, a quality mousepad, and some other do-dad, in neat boxes. I'm honestly not sure if they still do them the same, when I stopped playing WoW I kinda stopped buying Blizzard games because what they were putting out wasn't for me anymore. I think the last CE I got was for Legion and for the second SC2 release, never got the 3rd one.

I'm still hoping to get the XC3 one, for the art book, but I honestly have trouble keeping up with things that are only announced via twitter, because I don't really use it, and these days by the time I actually get the news, even if it's an hour later, it's too late. I wish Nintendo had a more active direct communication system, despite not wanting tons of emails, I'd actually get and email if they sent one out when sales went live, and I'd have more likely been able to grab it before everything shit the bed. Ah well. We will see what happens. As others have said, they put out additional special editions for games, and it might end up being not terribly hard to get your hands on it in the long run; but we're all so used to fighting to the death with the scalper bots for literally anything, these days, that false sense of scarcity that Nintendo loves oh so much, might not pan out to be a big deal here. For all their love of that scarcity, they seem to still be exceptionally bad at actually gauging desire. Which is partly to say I hope all those scalpers (because, I mean, I know Nintendo doesn't have the best online infrastructure, but I know how many copies prior XC games have sold, and while it's great for them, it's still really on the low end of major releases, and normal fan behavior wouldn't have shut down their site) lose money here.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    Speaking of soundtracks, did Torna: The Golden Country ever get an OST release? I'm playing it now and it seems to have a decent chunk of new stuff that isn't on the XC2 or XC1DE soundtracks.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Alright so Taion actually maps the areas with some kinda special eye ability. So the map that the player sees is being projected into their vision by Taion.

Thats pretty fun! Also why the orange UI to match the effect that his ability appears as.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Speaking of soundtracks, did Torna: The Golden Country ever get an OST release? I'm playing it now and it seems to have a decent chunk of new stuff that isn't on the XC2 or XC1DE soundtracks.
    Nintendo rarely releases OSTs, and when they do it tends to be a selection of tracks as opposed to the whole thing. Then they shut down YouTube channels with the songs! It’s very annoying!

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options

They did, in fact!

I think they're on the apple store, but I don't use apple stuff so I can't say for certain.

They're definitely on Amazon:
    Torna
    XC2

For XC1 and XCX, I had to import the physical albums. For XC1:DE they, as far as I'm aware, haven't released it as an album, and the CE's outside of the US had just a sampler. It isn't terribly hard to find, though; do with that what you will.

Hopefully XC3 will get a release, even if it's just digitally.

• Options
    Yeah, I was pretty sure Torna had one. I have physical discs for 1, X, and 2 sitting around.

• Options
    edited June 2022
    More class system details!

If you master a class you unlock special Master Arts that can then be equipped on any other class.

This also opens up the ability to use Fusion Arts which are a combination of 1 of your current classes arts with one of your Master Arts.

So we have a good motivation to level various classes on each character to get specific combinations of skills.

Mmmmm yes yes. Me like-y.

Now I still have to hope there are skills that you only unlock later in the game for that verticality!

Edit: also just a note that was kind of covered before but relates to this: you have left side arts and right side arts. The left side are where you can equip 3 Master arts and right where you get 3 class arts.

So you get 6 slots to mix and match!

DemonStacey on
  • Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    So I've finished my replay of XC1 and 2, doing Torna now for the first time.

Who the heck thought it would be a good idea to be like "ok now go do side quests until you're community level 4". I'm sure it's fine for people who generally do side quests as they come up but I'm just trying to get through the story here. Just a big ol oof, bad design to pad out the DLC.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Kyanilis wrote: »
    So I've finished my replay of XC1 and 2, doing Torna now for the first time.

Who the heck thought it would be a good idea to be like "ok now go do side quests until you're community level 4". I'm sure it's fine for people who generally do side quests as they come up but I'm just trying to get through the story here. Just a big ol oof, bad design to pad out the DLC.

Yeah overall I think Torna is a huge improvement over base XB2, but that part was a big, big oof

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    I gotta do hwat

I have not gotten there yet, oof indeed. I'vs just cracked Community Level 2 at 13 hours in. :I

Also yeah Torna is bloody great!

Tho I do have to question
    why no one suggests murdering Amalthus. He just wanders around all "aw my Blade is doing a genocide, sorry guys!" and no one thinks to try killing the Driver? Like yeah, it wouldn't work, Aegis are special, but no one should know that yet!

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    edited June 2022
    Andy Joe on
    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    Its in 2 days not 1, but still woo!

• Options
    Really excited to see more about how this game works. Hopefully it'll be spoiler free as I've been avoiding most of the videos released about this one.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    Yea im more excited for seeing the info afterwards. I would love to watch but I know they will show things I don't want to see (like combined forms).

• Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    I gotta do hwat

I have not gotten there yet, oof indeed. I'vs just cracked Community Level 2 at 13 hours in. :I

Also yeah Torna is bloody great!

Tho I do have to question
    why no one suggests murdering Amalthus. He just wanders around all "aw my Blade is doing a genocide, sorry guys!" and no one thinks to try killing the Driver? Like yeah, it wouldn't work, Aegis are special, but no one should know that yet!

You're probably pretty close then, would definitely recommend doing side quests sooner rather than later heh. And yeah, tbh it's probably the only bad thing I've found about Torna.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I am very confused at all the angry 'Nintendo fans' being angry at this over at Twitter/etc.

Looking forward to this Direct myself.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    i don't mind the direct at all, but i think i'm gonna pass.
    Game is so close already, I prefer to learn stuff while playing

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    I am very confused at all the angry 'Nintendo fans' being angry at this over at Twitter/etc.

Looking forward to this Direct myself.

Because this direct obviously means they are not going to do a general direct. So they must be angry!

Even though all signs point to a general direct happening very soon, if not next week.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!