Options

Xenoblade Chronicles: You Will Know Our Games

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    I am very confused at all the angry 'Nintendo fans' being angry at this over at Twitter/etc.

Looking forward to this Direct myself.

Because this direct obviously means they are not going to do a general direct. So they must be angry!

Even though all signs point to a general direct happening very soon, if not next week.

I'm confused. Directs are just advertisement showcases. There's obviously gonna be general directs showing off stuff before they come out.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    I am very confused at all the angry 'Nintendo fans' being angry at this over at Twitter/etc.

Looking forward to this Direct myself.

Because this direct obviously means they are not going to do a general direct. So they must be angry!

Even though all signs point to a general direct happening very soon, if not next week.

I'm confused. Directs are just advertisement showcases. There's obviously gonna be general directs showing off stuff before they come out.

People have been expecting a Nintendo Direct for E3 season sometime this month.

When they saw that this is a single game focused direct they think its in place of a general direct for upcoming games and got mad because gamers fucking LOVE being mad.

• Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    Nintendo could always be a little more transparent about their schedule instead of expecting everyone to chase rumors.

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Meh, my life doesn't revolve around needing to have new games announced at every corner so I personally don't worry about it. I like that they don't tell us about Directs until a couple days before. We already know much of what Nintendo has going on this year that I'm sure a new direct isn't really needed yet. They could probably safely wait until September to do a direct for the last few months of the year and early next year.

I'm super stoked we are getting a XB3 direct as I'm curious about some of the systems/gameplay they have added for this game. Wednesday just got a lot more fun for me.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Just tell me when I can the damned special edition.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    they don't expect anyone to chase anything. this fomo culture we live in is ludicrous.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    Pushed through on the community levels. Torna beat! Very good, despite all that.

Next up I've got Future Connected and I'll be all prepped for XC3. I'd like to do an XCX replay at some point but feel like starting that before 3 would be dangerous, the absolute worst thing would be having to put it down unfinished to start up 3 when it launches. So that'll probably wait until after.

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    edited June 2022
    YT livestream of the Direct here:

https://youtu.be/0L-VW-7dJds

Andy Joe on
    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    Ooh, hadn't put it together before but the class change setup means we get to avoid the Sharla problem (i.e. the shoehorned healer who can't do anything else and becomes irrelevant eventually)

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Oh fuck yea. You can keep the characters original outfit and just change weapons when class changing.

This game is looking so god damned good.

August is gonna be a goooood month!

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    I like how one of the combined forms is basically just Eva 01

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    There are definitely going to be late-game, post-game, or DLC quests to recruit previous Xeno- characters as Heroes, like they were with the Blades in 2.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    OK, yeah, I guess this Direct sold me on XC3.

Although I am slightly annoyed you can't swap out any of the main cast for any of the supporting cast. I mean, I get why, I just wish it wasn't the case.

• Options
    I couldn't see because it was on my phone but did it look like you can choose not to use the 7th slot?

I'm sure there are plenty of story scenarios where you need a specific character but now seeing that you can use them whenever id much rather just... not use them at all during those times.

• Options
    That was a mighty fine direct. This game looks so good!

I'm also excited for the expansion pass. The one for XB2 was well worth it. I wonder if the expanded story dlc will be anywhere near as big as Torna's was.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    There are definitely going to be late-game, post-game, or DLC quests to recruit previous Xeno- characters as Heroes, like they were with the Blades in 2.

Yep, I'm thinking so also. Getting to use Shulk, Fiora, and Elma as blades in XB2 was fantastic. Looking forward to seeing them as heroes in this one.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Looks like Vandham is dying another pointless death again in 3.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Only this time you don't get his awesome Bird Blade. I loved that bird. :cry:

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    edited June 2022
    So far I'm not seeing any gacha garbage and related skinner box systems being advertised, so that's good. The world and music also seem like they will be great again. The characters are doing absolutely nothing for me again though. Actually, the main character not being 15 is a big plus.

Talith on
    7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Seeing all the classes there im also gonna double down on the main characters each getting another class later on or something.

At least some kinda special ones for Noah/Mio later.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Noah does seem a bit blank compared to Shulk and Rex, but eh we've barely had any time with em. The whole cast's visual design is excellent. Especially love that one girl with Brighid style flame hair, wonder if there's a connection...

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Overall I'm digging the cast a lot. Noah is about 10,000x cooler than Rex so thats a huge plus for me.

And visually at least the others all look p good!

• Options
    SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    edited June 2022
    Looks a lot like they've fixed most of the complaints I had about 2, so that's good. The class mastery was also something I liked a lot from X, as well as having the chooseable last party slot, so it does look like they're honing in on their ideal formula here.

edit:: It is kind of funny watching the full explanation intended for someone new to the series and thinking '.....that's a lot of systems, isn't it??'

SageinaRage on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Game looks like a complete banger.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Oh damn, I didn't even notice the relationship chart and collectopedia both were confirmed here too.

This is gonna be a long month waiting for this.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Talith wrote: »
    Looks like Vandham is dying another pointless death again in 3.
    0zu6rxn006mk.gif

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Alright. So your current class totally directly affects your stats and they also have some passive skills they unlock as well!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Xenoblade_Chronicles/comments/visc17/on_class_change_system_you_can_notice_master/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Oh man this is gonna be way too fun.

• Options
    edited June 2022
    More pondering... the master passives...

I'm curious which of the following they will be:

Locked to having that class equipped or equippable like the master arts?

And if equippable will they have limited slots like the master arts or are they just active?

I'm assuming if equippable there are limited slots so everyone isn't just trying to get every passive.

DemonStacey on
  • Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    I think you get something like 3 or 4 slots for something from off-classes. So quite a bit of building up different classes is encouraged.

• Options
    I think you get something like 3 or 4 slots for something from off-classes. So quite a bit of building up different classes is encouraged.

Yea thats what I assume. Did they show that specifically anywhere? I know they've shown you get 3 skills but I wasn't sure if they actually showed the interface for equipping the passives.

• Options
    edited June 2022
    Ohhh there's skill trees for the oroborous forms too!

Theres so much progression in this game ahhhhhh this is that shit I love!

DemonStacey on
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    God it had better work right this time.

• Options
    InterpreterInterpreter Registered User regular
    I hope so. Though, I'll be at work most of the day, so hopefully they won't sell out immediately. It would be nice if they took the orders and then made enough afterwards, rather than making a set amount and then selling them.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited June 2022
    Still not up.

I'm not sure how the twitter website works, if a new tweet is posted by the page you're on (Nintendo) will it automatically update the page, or do you have to just reload and see?

edit: oh it automatically updates, still not up.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    And their website has already broken. It's not even available yet as far as I can tell.

• Options
    edited June 2022
    Yeah, I was about to post the same thing. Already telling me I'm in a queue, nothing on their twitter.

Maybe people are just spamming reload in hopes it shows up?

EDIT: Once this page showed up last time they tried to do the sale, I never saw anything past it, even after hours and hours on multiple devices. It would be funny, in a completely unfunny way, if they've managed to screw the pooch again, before they even start. :lol:

Nintendo, people, I dunno; maybe this is a way to try to limit scalping? Which, sure, great if that's the case; noble goal. But ya'll gotta know your infrastructure limitations, and also be reasonable. You can't handle this, and Xenoblade games, even though they're successful, are still super niche, if they press released 1m copies on them months or longer after launch. That's a tiny amount of copies for a corporation that sells 10's of millions of it's mainline games! Upgrade your shit! Or find better partners!

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    Not just the queue, but their auth systems are acting up (I'm not showing as logged in if I load their home page), which is also an issue.

• Options
    I wonder, if they only made the special edition available via the eshop, on the console itself, if that would allow them to handle the load. I can't imagine that the majority of what is happening with their site is bots hammering it. If you had to order it directly from the console, that would alleviate that to a decent degree. But I guess, now that I say it, I'm not even sure if you can preorder anything but digital copies from the eshop.

• Options
    It's up, nothing on their twitter though.