As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The most badass game ever?

Hotlead JunkieHotlead Junkie Registered User regular
edited June 2007 in Games and Technology
We have a badass gaming protagonist thread already or something like that, but what games take the rank of most 'badass' games ever? To explain what I mean, my vote goes for Doom 2. Yes, it makes you feel pretty badass playing it as you plant a double barrelled shotgun in a demon's face and give his brain a quick dose of lead, but everything about the game just screams 'badass' to me. Chainsaws, leigons of demons, catchy rock music, chainsaws, a lone marine taking on hell itself, chainsaws, hopeless situations that turn into heart poinding firefights, chainsaws, berserk packs and in turn, punching a Cyberdemon so hard it explodes, that glorious 'KA-CLUNK-CLICK!' noise when you reload the double barelled shotgun, the BFG and one more thing I have to point out, a chainsaw on the very first level of the game.

Games can make you feel like a badass as you tear bad guys a new one, but what other games feel as badass as the badass characters that these videogame characters spawn? This thread was ispired by me while playing Doom 2 on the GBA, headphones on full blast and unknowingly to me, headbanging slightly to the gameplay as I made cheesy quotes while tearing shit up.

tf2_sig.png
Hotlead Junkie on

• Options
    KiwistrikeKiwistrike Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I don't know maybe katamari I mean the incredible triumph of the prince is just something to behold!

Kiwistrike on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I haven't played it but that God Hand think may be in there.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    ZenitramZenitram Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I'm guessing there will be replies all over the damn place on this one.

As for me, I'd have to say Metal Gear Solid on PS1. It was the first game where I felt all alone but in control of the situation. The whole snapping necks/shooting down Hinds/running around in boxes was a first for me too.

Zenitram on
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Pokemon

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Inigo MontoyaInigo Montoya Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Metal Wolf Chaos.

Terrorists have taken over the country.

You are the President. Are you a bad enough dude to rescue the country from terrorists?

In a mech?!

Believe Your Justice
    MWC.jpg

Inigo Montoya on
    "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."
  • Options
    JWFokkerJWFokker Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    BATTLE RAPER

BattleRaper.jpg

JWFokker on
  • Options
    Hotlead JunkieHotlead Junkie Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Metal Wolf Chaos.

Terrorists have taken over the country.

You are the President. Are you a bad enough dude to rescue the country from terrorists?

In a mech?!

Believe Your Justice
    MWC.jpg

One of those 'cheesy quotes' while playing Doom 2 was actually 'YOU ARE ALL CHUNKY MUSTARD!' when I blew a chaingunner up at close range with a double barelled shotgun blast

Hotlead Junkie on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    JWFokker wrote: »
    BATTLE RAPER

BattleRaper.jpg

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Man, you gotta love FROM software.

My vote goes to Max payne I guess.
    Also to the burnout series.

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    What was the game where if two players won in a co-op, the President they just saved will command them to fight to the death?

Because I go for that one.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
This discussion has been closed.