As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Sansa e200R Rhapsody not connecting to the computer

LardalishLardalish Registered User regular
edited June 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Ok, Decided to reuse this topic, just got my MP3 player, a SanDisk Sanso 3200R Rhapsody.

I stuck the CD into the computer, loaded the Best Buy Digital Music Store Media Manager and the Sansa Media Converter. The little booklet I have says that I should connect the MP3 Player to the computer using the USB port connector, so I did that. The player shows up in the My Computer area, but it is not reconized in either of the programs from the CD. The player says "Disconnected" on its screen and I have no idea what to do. I already authorized the computer on the Best Buy program, and it says I need to authorize the player, but it tells me to click on its icon in the program, but there is no icon.

Help? I kinda need to get this all working before tuesday because I leave then.

Also: all the instructions tell me to select the player and choose "Manage the Device using Best Buy Music Manager" and I have no idea where to do that, cause right clicking in the My Computer window doesnt give me that option.

Lardalish on

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Okay, the most important thing to consider is how much space do you want?

5-8 gigs okay? Go for a flash based player. Usually anything by creative zen is great, and they are cheaper.

Want more? You're going to be spending more.

Personally I have the Zune and love it. The biggest knock agaisnt it is that it's software can be a pain sometimes, and it's slightly bigger than the IPod. Though I never really been bothered by that fact, as it's still comfortable enough to carry in my pocket.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    FirstComradeStalinFirstComradeStalin Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Get a flash player if you're going on a 12-hour flight. Better battery life.

FirstComradeStalin on
    Picture1-4.png
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Is flash a brand or a type of tech? Whats the difference?

Lardalish on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    It's a type of tech. Basically all those really slim players like the iPod nano are flash, and have no moving parts, so are more reliable and have better battery life. The normal iPod, which is hard-drive based, however, can hold significantly more.

FirstComradeStalin on
    Picture1-4.png
  • Options
    Chake99Chake99 Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    For the same price. 8 gb flash ipod and the 30 gb ipod were around the same price last time I checked.

I got a 30 gb archos 440 for $20 more than the ipod 30 gb and am loving it.

Chake99 on
    Hic Rhodus, Hic Salta.
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Oh yeah, flash is expensive. I personally have a normal iPod and love it, but only use it when walking, in the studio, or in the car. You can't run with it, though, and for some people that matters.

FirstComradeStalin on
    Picture1-4.png
  • Options
    GrimmGrimm Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I used to have a creative zen touch. 40 gigs of space and over 24 hours on a single charge. I loved that thing till i dropped it in the street about 5 times. Im actually thinking of picking up a new mp3 player myself. Anyone have any suggestions for something with a bit more storage capacity?

Grimm on
  • Options
    Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I'm pretty positive that the Zune is $199 on the Best Buy website. I saw it advertised somewhere.

I have a Zune, and I would heartily recommend it.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I'd recommend the iRiver T10 2gb

It just works so perfectly.

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    pacbowlpacbowl Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I don't know about that flash players = long battery life.

I have (had) a 1gb Sandisk mp3 player with built-in FM tuner. Runs on 1AA battery. That piece of crap wont run more than 8 hours, even if im just listening to the radio! Even less if i play some mp3s.

Recently I also got a 6gb Rio Carbon hard-drive mp3 player. this baby will easily do 12 hours of constant playing on its rechargable battery and if you accidentally leave it on, but not playing, it will last over 48 hours.

pacbowl on
    steammicro.php?id=pacbowl&pngimg=background&tborder=0
  • Options
    Draco_AuricDraco_Auric Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    pacbowl wrote: »
    I don't know about that flash players = long battery life.

I have (had) a 1gb Sandisk mp3 player with built-in FM tuner. Runs on 1AA battery. That piece of crap wont run more than 8 hours, even if im just listening to the radio! Even less if i play some mp3s.

Recently I also got a 6gb Rio Carbon hard-drive mp3 player. this baby will easily do 12 hours of constant playing on its rechargable battery and if you accidentally leave it on, but not playing, it will last over 48 hours.

That's because regular batteries suck when compared to Lithium-ion. This is why you rarely see HD based players with AAs and the like.

Draco_Auric on
    brick2jv6.jpg
  • Options
    contrabandcontraband Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I'd recommend the iRiver T10 2gb

It just works so perfectly.

does iriver not make larger players any more? Years ago, I thought they made very nice large-storage music players.

contraband on
    sigxw0.jpg
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I never got the problem with running with HD-based iPods. i've jogged with mine loads of times and haven't had a single problem - just don't drop it.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Sony's new Walkmen are really solid players

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    New OP, please help if you can.

Lardalish on
  • Options
    GrimmGrimm Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Dont mean to hijack the thread but i didn't see a point in making another mp3 player thread when we already have one.

So im trying to decide between the zune and the creative zen vision m.
    Any thoughts? Also open for suggest on other players along those lines.

Edit: I don't really plan on buying music online ever. I just want to rip cds to my computer and transfer them to the player. Also at the moment, im kinda leaning more towards the zune.

Grimm on
  • Options
    Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I've heard of this happening to many Sansa players. You may have to take it back and get a new one, or just get a different player all together.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]