Options

The [Bad Food] Thread is dead and gone forever

19495969798100»

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Does anyone eat those banana peppers they put in the box with Papa John's pizza?

I never did

But I haven't had their pizza in like a decade because it upset my tummy really bad and Marcos is better

I refuse to allow any sort of vegetable within a 5 foot radius of my pizza

So no

What about garlic garlic is a vegetable

Don't you do this to me don't you fucking dare

Your whole life is a lie, it's high time you accepted it.

• Options
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    S tier food hack time

Next time you make yourself a tuna sandwich, dice up a couple pepperoncinis and mix them into your fish and mayo. Great texture, good acidity and a bit of bite.

I think sarkun gave me a pass when I didn't know it was a bit and I said the place by me does pepperocinis in their cubanos rather than pickled cucumber.

I got one of those for lunch today, after someone in here said it was national cubano day. Didn't look to see if it was true, but I ain't mad about ordering it, either way

I have seen this done elsewhere and I feel like if you're adding it to a cubano then it's a cuban with pepperocinis and that's fine.

If you replaced the pickles with them, you're a thought criminal and the Party will be by shortly to rectify the situation.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    That's effed up, tynic.

We don't even have district attorneys in Canada.

If you lick a queens counsel they actually dissolve

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Heh heh, yeah, most people do when I really go to town licking them.

On account of the acid glands in my mouth.

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Went grocery shopping, checked out the clearance shelves in the frozen food section because there are almost always some fun things there. Tonight’s find was “cheesy pizza” flavored corn dogs. These are not pizza rolls with a cornbread crust, no they are actual corn dogs with cheese stuffed in the hot dog and some amount of pizza flavor.

I will probably warm some up for lunch tomorrow and report back on how good/terrible they are.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I have always wanted to munch on packing peanuts

Nutritional value? Vitamins?

Sounds like high falutin nonsense to me

You get those biodegradable packing peanuts now which are made from potato starch. Most of my regular tarantula shops use them. I usually test if that's what they are by putting one in my mouth, because the biodegradable ones dissolve when they get wet. They almost taste good, just really bland. I reckon with some salt on they'd be nice.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    edited August 2022
    ...tarantula shops
    ...regular tarantula shops
    ...most of your regular tarantula shops

knitdan on
    “I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Does anyone eat those banana peppers they put in the box with Papa John's pizza?

I never did

But I haven't had their pizza in like a decade because it upset my tummy really bad and Marcos is better

So no

What about the tomato sauce?

And if you want to claim it's a fruit so it doesn't count, then a) so is the banana pepper and b) bring on the pineapple.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    ...tarantula shops

For all your tarantula and tarantella needs.

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular

I never did

So no

And if you want to claim it's a fruit so it doesn't count, then a) so is the banana pepper and b) bring on the pineapple.

I'll fight every goddamned one of you

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Mmmm I do love enriched corn products.

Keeps me from jerkin it all the time.

This is the most on brand SE++ post

• Options

I never did

So no

I'll fight every goddamned one of you

Killing me won't change the truth, Juggernut.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    I'd advised caution about poking the Juggernut, he just bought a waxed work apron, which is perfect for wearing to clean up evidence.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    The capricciosa is my favourite pizza so I have already sided against Juggernut on this topic.

This is the hill I will almost certainly die on, because I have seen photos of Juggernut and he is more than capable of ripping my arms off and beating me to death with them.

Karl on
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    You got lucky.

Because after eating a Papa John's Epic Pepperoni Stuffed Crust Pizza I have very little time left to live.

• Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    I'm going to have another go on my tonkatsoup tonight and I am ok with that. I have some work occasion tomorrow that is highly likely to culminate in a curry, so some gentle, sustaining food today is an advance apology to my unsuspecting, trusting guts for tomorrow.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    pimento wrote: »
    ...tarantula shops

For all your tarantula and tarantella needs.

"Ah sell tarantulas and tarantula accessories."

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    jgeis wrote: »
    Went grocery shopping, checked out the clearance shelves in the frozen food section because there are almost always some fun things there. Tonight’s find was “cheesy pizza” flavored corn dogs. These are not pizza rolls with a cornbread crust, no they are actual corn dogs with cheese stuffed in the hot dog and some amount of pizza flavor.

I will probably warm some up for lunch tomorrow and report back on how good/terrible they are.

Trying these now, they don't really evoke pizza per se, but are more like what if you made a corndog out of mild Italian sausage instead of a hot dog? Which is not bad at all.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    ...tarantula shops

I know, it's disappointing that not all of them use the biodegradable ones, but I'm sure they'll get there

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    My big confusion is what they are for

Are these tarantulas you eat or are they for some other purpose

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2022
    Does that include Club Soda?
    My big confusion is what they are for

Are these tarantulas you eat or are they for some other purpose

Industrial applications, mainly: (Spiders! Warning)
    https://news.rice.edu/news/2022/rice-engineers-get-grip-necrobotic-spiders

MichaelLC on
  • Options
    You got lucky.

Because after eating a Papa John's Epic Pepperoni Stuffed Crust Pizza I have very little time left to live.

If you’re telling me I owe a life debt to motherfucking Papa John’s, then I’ll just go ahead and die, if it’s all the same to you.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    You got lucky.

If you’re telling me I owe a life debt to motherfucking Papa John’s, then I’ll just go ahead and die, if it’s all the same to you.

In the cosmic sense our lives are so infinitesimally small that there's no difference between the time we live and the time we don't exist, so we can generally be averaged out as dead and have never been alive to owe life debts, therefore if we assume a perfectly spherical space/time cow--

This discussion has been closed.