Options

The [Bad Food] Thread is dead and gone forever

12467100

Posts

  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Cream of Wheat scratches a very deeply programmed itch in the deepest core of my lizard-brain.

  • Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    I eat hella bowls of Bob’s Red Mill Old Country Style muesli. I like to make it hot, with unsweetened almond milk, and then with a fruit add-in + a drizzle of honey.

  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Lizards love creamed wheat, it is true.

  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    God had no hand in the invention of dry cereal, that was all on loony health food cults.

    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I saw a documentary about that with Matthew Broderick

    Also apparently one of the cereal people invented the vibrator

    “I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    I made some perfect baby back ribs for dinner tonight. Tender without being mushy, just the right amount of smoke and seasoning, and the ribs were nice and meaty.

    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    Cream of Wheat scratches a very deeply programmed itch in the deepest core of my lizard-brain.

    That's me with Total. I think because it reminds me of my grandmother.

    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    AtheraalAtheraal Registered User regular
    In general I love spicy, heavily flavoured food

    But I also love plain ass corn flakes with 2% milk, somehow. It's just like.. The platonic ideal of cereal, perfectly balanced

    In other bad food breakfast news, I recently put an egg and hollandaise sauce on a slice of pizza and ate it with a knife and fork. I called it the bene pizzerit. It was good

  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Hell yeah, leftover pizza with a fried egg on top is so good

  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    We need a dry cereal tier list, and Captain Crunch (any flavor pretty much) is up there

    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    It's not cereal but I used to eat it dry with a spoon like cereal. Stove Top brand stuffing.

  • Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    I should make the spicy lamb pizza again, that was good
    It was also a jillion calories though

  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    V1m wrote: »
    I should make the spicy lamb pizza again, that was good
    It was also a jillion calories though

    You mean Lahmajun , or something else?

    It was never spicy when we made it with my grandparents, but my mom doesn't eat spicy so that might be why. I imagine Lahmajun with some heat would be even more amazing

  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Cinnamon Toast Crunch is my favorite cereal, I'm not saying it's definitely the best, but it might be.

  • Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Atheraal wrote: »
    In general I love spicy, heavily flavoured food

    But I also love plain ass corn flakes with 2% milk, somehow. It's just like.. The platonic ideal of cereal, perfectly balanced

    In other bad food breakfast news, I recently put an egg and hollandaise sauce on a slice of pizza and ate it with a knife and fork. I called it the bene pizzerit. It was good

    "What's in the bawx?"

    "Egg."

    Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    V1m wrote: »
    I should make the spicy lamb pizza again, that was good
    It was also a jillion calories though

    You mean Lahmajun , or something else?

    It was never spicy when we made it with my grandparents, but my mom doesn't eat spicy so that might be why. I imagine Lahmajun with some heat would be even more amazing

    I mean pizza but with lamb spiced with cumin and paprika picante in place of the usual pork products

  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    V1m wrote: »
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    V1m wrote: »
    I should make the spicy lamb pizza again, that was good
    It was also a jillion calories though

    You mean Lahmajun , or something else?

    It was never spicy when we made it with my grandparents, but my mom doesn't eat spicy so that might be why. I imagine Lahmajun with some heat would be even more amazing

    I mean pizza but with lamb spiced with cumin and paprika picante in place of the usual pork products

    It's funny to me that this barely helps to clarify!
    Lahmacun is a round, thin piece of dough topped with minced meat (most commonly beef or lamb), minced vegetables, and herbs including onions, garlic, tomatoes, red peppers, and parsley, flavored with spices such as chili pepper and paprika, then baked.

    We always called it lamb pizza, but it doesn't have tomato sauce or cheese, so not really pizza

  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    Cinnamon Toast Crunch is my favorite cereal, I'm not saying it's definitely the best, but it might be.

    It's real good

    But you can't quite grab it by the handful and munch, it gets your hands all gross.

    It's definitely more of a bowl and spoon cereal.

  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    My favourite dry cereal is honey nut cornflakes. I ate so much of that stuff straight from the box in my stoner teens.

  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Sterica wrote: »
    We need a dry cereal tier list, and Captain Crunch (any flavor pretty much) is up there

    Captain Crunch is definitely high tier on flavor. Which you pay for as it rips the roof of your mouth to shreds.

    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Sterica wrote: »
    We need a dry cereal tier list, and Captain Crunch (any flavor pretty much) is up there

    Captain Crunch is definitely high tier on flavor. Which you pay for as it rips the roof of your mouth to shreds.

    The saltiness of your own mouth roof blood complements the sweetness of the Captain's razor biscuits so well. Really makes the experience.

  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Cheese in a Hole [3:23]

    https://youtu.be/l2FFwNauUoQ

    sig.gif
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    Cheese in a Hole [3:23]

    https://youtu.be/l2FFwNauUoQ

    I’m not sure what I was expecting.

  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    Sorce wrote: »
    Cheese in a Hole [3:23]

    https://youtu.be/l2FFwNauUoQ

    I’m not sure what I was expecting.
    Yeah, it's not complicated.

    sig.gif
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    That appears to be cheese in two holes

  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    And a man whose curse is that he orgasms every 2 seconds.

  • Options
    ChallChall Registered User regular
    Instead of wasting time making 2 holes, just dunk your hotdog bun directly in a bowl of queso

  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    That appears to be cheese in two holes

    What if the hole is connected under the bread? Is it one hole or two?

    /Throws mathematical grenade into discussion, runs away

    [Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Man has strived for the perfect combination of cheese and bread. Civilization can only progress with this goal in mind.

    Putting that aside what the fuck ?

    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I am reducing my intake of Monster Ultra White as this morning I noticed I only had two cans left in my garage and casually, unconsciously uttered, "Runnin' low on Ketracel-white..."

    Probably not a good sign.

    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    Man has strived for the perfect combination of cheese and bread. Civilization can only progress with this goal in mind.

    Putting that aside what the fuck ?

    Kachapuri (sp?) Is the ultimate expression of cheese in bread

  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Chall wrote: »
    Instead of wasting time making 2 holes, just dunk your hotdog bun directly in a bowl of queso

    I am sorry to inform you there are health codes

  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Chall wrote: »
    Instead of wasting time making 2 holes, just dunk your hotdog bun directly in a bowl of queso

    I am sorry to inform you there are health codes

    Fuck all that, drown me in queso.

  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    Saru got kicked into a vat of queso at the acme chemical plant

    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    Cheesiest origin story ever

  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    I am reducing my intake of Monster Ultra White as this morning I noticed I only had two cans left in my garage and casually, unconsciously uttered, "Runnin' low on Ketracel-white..."

    Probably not a good sign.

    First Zonugal, can you vouch for the loyalty of your men?

  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    V1m wrote: »
    Cheesiest origin story ever

    Queso Con Carnage will not stand for this denigration of their origin.

  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    I am reducing my intake of Monster Ultra White as this morning I noticed I only had two cans left in my garage and casually, unconsciously uttered, "Runnin' low on Ketracel-white..."

    Probably not a good sign.

    First Zonugal, can you vouch for the loyalty of your men?

    We pledge our loyalty to the Founders from now until death.

    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
This discussion has been closed.