As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Bad Food] Thread is dead and gone forever

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Oh I know I cyhild get them easy on Amazon.

If I were in the States.

But as much as I crave the cereal on occasion, not quite enough to pay the shipping.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    I was delighted to discover that I do not crave cereal any more.

I had Cheerios went I went back to visit my folks last month and I was like

I don't hate this, but it's not really scratching any secret itches or anything.

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    If you haven't had a teriyaki burger with grilled pineapple on it, you've been missing out.

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    I was delighted to discover that I do not crave cereal any more.

I had Cheerios went I went back to visit my folks last month and I was like

I don't hate this, but it's not really scratching any secret itches or anything.
    That was me with chocolate, after I didn't have any for months. "Huh. I remember this being better somehow..."

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Plus, I would argue that unexpected secret marshmallows are a fun treat in a way that premeditated bulk marshmallows are not. You can't be blamed if the universe puts a small packet of chalky friends in your path.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Look, UK, I like peas but your obsession with it needs some boundaries.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    I'd try it.

sig.gif
  • Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    Remember, it's only a real peatine if the peas are squeaky.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    Dirtyboy wrote: »

Chips and peas aint a thing.

• Options
    And yet the photographic evidence is here before your eyes. What now?

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    I don't have to take this from a nation which has an obsession with putting everything in aspic.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Oh I know I cyhild get them easy on Amazon.

If I were in the States.

But as much as I crave the cereal on occasion, not quite enough to pay the shipping.

Not even generic? Bummer

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    V1m wrote: »
    I don't have to take this from a nation which has an obsession with putting everything in aspic.

Listen, we were young and we needed the jello tuna.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2022
    I drank a Dr Pepper for the first time in several years yesterday. It was my favorite soda when I drank soda more often than I do now. I did not care for it. I'm pretty sure the "secret" ingredient that makes Dr Pepper taste like Dr Pepper is prunes, and that was all I could taste.

I did very much care for and enjoy some huge chicken wings, which were perfectly breaded and deep fried, then drenched in a surprisingly potent buttery hot sauce.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I got five guys

Breakfast of champions and the extremely depressed

• Options
    Jedoc wrote: »

Real talk: when too goddamb broke to even afford fish and chips proper, a bag of chips and some mushy peas with plenty of salt and vinegar could be a cheap, tasty, fast food meal.

But not loose peas on chips on a plate like that. That is, at best, end-of-term student 'this is literally everything that's left in the kitchen' food.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    I drank a Dr Pepper for the first time in several years yesterday. It was my favorite soda when I drank soda more often than I do now. I did not care for it. I'm pretty sure the "secret" ingredient that makes Dr Pepper taste like Dr Pepper is prunes, and that was all I could taste.

I did very much care for and enjoy some huge chicken wings, which were perfectly breaded and deep fried, then drenched in a surprisingly potent buttery hot sauce.

Whats funny is I'm the exact opposite. Always hated Dr. Pepper, but in the last 18 months or so I've developed a taste for it. It's crazy how tastes shift over time.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    I wonder if one day we will perceive a new colour, as different from all colours yet perceived as the taste of Dr Pepper is different from all other things yet tasted.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    That is a very silly meal and I would like 2 please.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    Dirtyboy wrote: »

Ok this is legit, I've had it a few times

But is there a good recipe for peas in red/brown sauce plus beef, ground or in chunks

Because if you could transform it into some kinda pea-focused chilli-fries dish you've just discovered a new superfood

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Hello bad food thread who’s ready for some truly awful food eaten by the rich

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Nah I'm good

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

Jello aspic anyone? Just straight up suspending cubes in more jello.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I have the ciabatta

I repeat I have the ciabatta

Tomorrow it shall be eaten with fancy olive oil and fancy vinegar

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »

That steak does not look very appetizingly cooked, but sure I'll eat a steak and a bunch of cheese, just not for that price

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Cross-posting from Bad News:

McDonald's is leaving Russia, selling restaurants to local buyers, removing all McD signage, etc.

Article makes it sound like they're doing OK by the 62,000 employees.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-61463876

• Options
    How about you just give me a steak with some nice carrots and potatoes and it'll cost a fraction of that.

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I'd eat a steak and some mozzarella, but I sure wouldn't pay that much for it.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    How about you just give me a steak with some nice carrots and potatoes and it'll cost a fraction of that.

Carbs? ARE YOU INSANE?!

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Magell wrote: »

That steak does not look very appetizingly cooked, but sure I'll eat a steak and a bunch of cheese, just not for that price

Don’t get me wrong, I love me a fancy steak on special occasions.

But a dried up filet and a “caprese salad” no tomatoes at 80 bucks as the go to? No taste whatsoever!

• Options
    Doodmann wrote: »

Carbs? ARE YOU INSANE?!

I do not understand this aversion to delicious potatoes.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I was a little into that when I thought the huge cheese slices were eggs, but no I don't really want a steak and two slabs of cheese

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    Don't forget the 1 basil leaf!

"salad"

Burtletoy on
  • Options

I bought a strip steak from one of the kroger owned grocery stores this weekend at it was $20!

It was more than 16oz and $20 is less than $77, but beef is kinda expensive right now

• Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    I mean it's one basil leaf, Michael. What could it cost? $77?

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    I, too, like to pretend that large chunks of cheese are a salad.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Don't forget the drizzle. It's surprisingly costly.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I, too, like to pretend that large chunks of cheese are a salad.

Charcuterie plate or salad??

• Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    Magell wrote: »

Back in the Before Times when I actually drove to work in a different city, the company I worked for hired a food truck one day a week to serve the multiple buildings on their campus. One of them did grilled cheese sandwiches with various accoutrements, sold, at, y'know, mildly bougie prices.

And then one week, sitting innocuously at the bottom of the menu, was a truffle grilled cheese. For $100 a shot.

Needless to say, I cannot tell you what it tasted like as I refuse to pay that much for any form of a grilled cheese sandwich unless inflation gets seriously fucking out of hand.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
This discussion has been closed.