Options

The [Bad Food] Thread is dead and gone forever

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    A reminder that today is Pi Day. Go get some dessert.

I was just at the grocery store and remembered the date and got an apple pie to share with my family. Fuckin pie day, y'all.

• Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    I had a pizza pie

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    I had empanadas for lunch, which are special little pies just for you.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    V1m wrote: »
    My local supermarket does a hummus with dates and a vaguely North African spice mix blended in which is kind of savoury-sweet, and it's pretty OK if you're in the mood for that kind of thing.

But straight up chocolate cheesecake hummus? Why? Just have chocolate cheesecake!

It says vegan on the package. I'm pretty sure it is just a vegan version of cheesecake

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    We ate tacos the other night. This morning, I combined all the leftovers into a large tortilla and ate it for breakfast

Pretty good, especially with smashed hard taco shells mixed in

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited March 2022
    Tacos? I saw some interesting taco related food stuffs at the local pharmacy that are just prime for this thread.
    wejfxw3jfoae.png

Margarita flavor? Sounds tasty.
    Churro flavored jelly beans? Hell yeah
    Salsa flavor? Errr...
    Guacamole? No, stop
    Beef taco? Go back...
    Horchata? Okay, now we're back to talking

Edit: I did not buy these.

see317 on
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I saw those on twitter and I thought they were some kind of novelty with an extremely limited run

Apparently not

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    V1m wrote: »
    My local supermarket does a hummus with dates and a vaguely North African spice mix blended in which is kind of savoury-sweet, and it's pretty OK if you're in the mood for that kind of thing.

But straight up chocolate cheesecake hummus? Why? Just have chocolate cheesecake!

It says vegan on the package. I'm pretty sure it is just a vegan version of cheesecake

I've got a brownie recipe that uses chickpeas, so I guess I can see where they're coming from

Maybe we need a term other than hummus once it's sweet, though

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    My guess is that they're aiming for the part of the Venn diagram where "want to be able to claim they're eating hummus" and "want to eat something super bad for you that tastes nothing like hummus" overlap.

• Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    There's enough fighting about who makes proper hummus in the Middle East without escalating things with that nonsense.

Though maybe we can foster peace through having them all band together against a common enemy.. hmm.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
  • Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    Muhamarra??

That would be lovely, yes please

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited March 2022
    What veggie sides are good with boudin? I'm making peppers and onions, but my kids (7 and 11) don't care for them.

I'm drawing a complete blank. My usual go to is brussels sprouts, but I'm already grilling and I don't feel like making them.

edit: going with coleslaw. That way I'll have leftover cabbage for caramelized cabbage socca tomorrow!

Xaquin on
  • Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    I've become a big evangelist for frozen brocoli, peas, or green beans. Especially the microwave in bags ones. Start there, add butter. ok it's sauced. you could in theory be done, or maybe that butter had spices simmered in it, maybe it's a bechamel, maybe some hot sauce shows up. I've gone from "everything i cook must be a project" to a much more relaxed "ok let's commit to making food, but give yourself a break on how much work it HAS to be" Also frozen veg is just so stinkin good now and microwaves beautifully. I'll also stand that beans/brocoli/peas goes with about anything.

I also think roast carrots would be nice with boudin but if you don't wanna oven you don't wanna oven.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I want my broccoli to either be sauteed down some, or roasted. Microwaving is a big no thank you.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Roasted carrots drizzled with honey and cinnamon is a god tier side, my partner makes them with roast dinner.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I like my carrots raw, cooked is no go because they become soft and sweet. Not what I want from a carrot, I desire cronch.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I like carrots raw, but yeah cooked I only like in soups and stews. When they're soft and sweet I really can't get over the hump on them.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    I usually throw a sheetpan with some potatoes and carrots, then halfway through that ill throw in some broccoli.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    I've never been able to do crunchy carrots. They are too hard to bite into comfortably for me.

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    I want my broccoli to either be sauteed down some, or roasted. Microwaving is a big no thank you.

Roasted is better, but I've gotten great results from the steam in the bag stuff that kicks the pants off what I grew up with. If you are thinking microwaved=mushy, it just aint so! you can still get cooked but crunchy. That said, if the issue is anything else, you right. I just want the world to have easy veg ;_;

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Yeah certain brands of those frozen veggies have a pretty decent broccoli

They flash freeze them or whatever

You just have to be careful you don't nuke em for too long

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    Shadowfire wrote: »

Steaming fresh brocc is my preferred brocc method, microwave approximates it but isn't the same.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    Wednesday is my mandatory voluntary "office" day and I got well rained on and pretty cold getting home. Commuting is bad and sucks and is the devil.

The random tub I pulled out of the freezer to eat with some leftover rice and sweetcorn turned out to be some of the lemon and garlic and chipotle chicken I made last year and I can smell it from here and holy shit I am SO READY for this now.

• Options
    I was thinking about maybe getting fish and chips for lunch today.

But then I started thinking about maybe having buffalo wings instead.

And now I'm thinking, am I the first person to ever think about making buffalo fish and chips?

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I was thinking about maybe getting fish and chips for lunch today.

But then I started thinking about maybe having buffalo wings instead.

And now I'm thinking, am I the first person to ever think about making buffalo fish and chips?

spicy crispy fish sandwiches are basically that, but you still might be onto something.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Buffalo fish wings. Combine all the animal types.

• Options
    I'm now thinking maybe the fish would fall apart if you tried to shake it in a bin with buffalo sauce, like you do the wings.

Maybe have to make them nugget/Boneless wing size to make it work.

Or some sorta Krispy Kreme glazing conveyer belt with buffalo sauce instead of sugar

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    no, the wings from a buffalo fish

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Oh you can't roller-skate in a buffalo fish school, but you can be happy if you've a mind to

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    now you've got me thinking about malt vinegar and lemon on fried chicken

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
  • Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    shalmelo wrote: »
    now you've got me thinking about malt vinegar and lemon on fried chicken

Lemon on fried chicken is a common thing in Japan

So is tartar sauce, actually

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
  • Options
    If lemon juice was a complete protein source, it would be more than enough for me to live on.

Maybe throw a lime in a few times a year for variety

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    I'll take them, love the orange ones

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    I usually do broccoli in the air fryer, toss it in olive oil and garlic salt pepper beforehand. Easy peasy.

But darned if I'm not a sucker for steamed broccoli. Still a little crunchy, get some lemon juice on there? Oh yeah.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    I have figured out how to use the Taco Bell app, found a go-to order, and Nacho Fries are back (again).

Oh no.

sig.gif
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    I have figured out how to use the Taco Bell app, found a go-to order, and Nacho Fries are back (again).

Oh no.

@ me when they bring back chilli cheese burritos or the volcano menu =(

This discussion has been closed.