Options

The [Bad Food] Thread is dead and gone forever

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Justice for the chili cheese burrito

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    And the Wawa Buffalo Chicken Pizza!

sig.gif
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    And that one sandwich from Arby's from 25 years ago that had three different cheese sauces and bacon!

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I refuse to install the app of any fast food franchise. I don't need to be seeing their brands cluttering things up because they've all got to have their individual ones.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Wendy's had a hamburger with diced jalapenos and queso "cheese" slime stuff on it like 15 years ago and I still think about it

I haven't been able to recreate the taste of it, despite numerous attempts

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Wendy's had a hamburger with diced jalapenos and queso "cheese" slime stuff on it like 15 years ago and I still think about it

I haven't been able to recreate the taste of it, despite numerous attempts

The wendy's spicy chicken jalapeño popper sandwich was pretty fucking good and sounds about the same, except cream cheese instead of yellow queso.

It was a special item, but then it ended up on the real menu for a while, not sure if it's still there.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Every day Taco Bell doesn't bring back the caramel apple empanada is a crime against me, personally.

Also the grilled stuffed burrito circa 2006.

• Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    I want a fruit by the foot or something

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I'm a simple man, the nacho fries are close enough to the old Mexi-nuggets to make me happy

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    I refuse to install the app of any fast food franchise. I don't need to be seeing their brands cluttering things up because they've all got to have their individual ones.

I installed the Five Guys app for a while during the pandemic because it was easier to order curbside pickup that way. They were busy, I felt bad bothering them on the phone.

Now that shit's gone. The only store app I keep on my phone now is Dunks.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    I went to Taco Bell tonight.
    They had no nacho fries.
    This is the worst thing to happen to anyone ever.

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    I miss living in a market where the chili cheese burrito still exists on some Taco Bell menus.

I'd like to see McDonald's bring back the Cheddar Melt (not to be confused with the grilled onion double cheese burger they also offered for a while).

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    I went to Taco Bell tonight.
    They had no nacho fries.
    This is the worst thing to happen to anyone ever.

Taco Bell tonight
    The nacho fries were a dream
    Tears on my pillow

• Options
    AntoshkaAntoshka Miauen Oil Change LazarusRegistered User regular
    edited March 2022
    jgeis wrote: »
    I miss living in a market where the chili cheese burrito still exists on some Taco Bell menus.

I'd like to see McDonald's bring back the Cheddar Melt (not to be confused with the grilled onion double cheese burger they also offered for a while).

Their was a brief period here where McDonald's did build your own burger, and you could construct an excellent vege burger for around $3. It was a good time, and I wish they would bring it back

Antoshka on
    n57PM0C.jpg
  • Options
    ThegreatcowThegreatcow Lord of All Bacons Washington State - It's Wet up here innit? Registered User regular
    I have committed a culinary abomination that I'm not sure how or why it worked, but it did somehow and a I am conflicted by my creation

So I have several portions of left over corned beef from St. Paddy's Day along with the boiled cabbage, carrots and potatoes. I saved a bunch of the broth from the instant pot when I cooked the veggies and the beef and have them in my fridge.

I was going to do the leftovers of one of these portions when suddenly I was struck by the urge for Udon based on the conversation about it in the last thread

So taking the portioned out meat and veggies, I roughly chopped them all, sauteed them quickly in a pot to give them flavor, poured the cooking broth I had saved for each portion, added 2 cups of water along with a pack of udon noodles and frozen corn and peas and simmered everything together along with several generous dashes of Maggi seasoning and have somehow created an amazing Corned Beef Udon stew that's mind blowingly tasty and I don't know why or how.

But it existed. And now is in my tummy. And all is right with the world.

• Options
    ....wait St Patricks day already happened?

• Options
    ThegreatcowThegreatcow Lord of All Bacons Washington State - It's Wet up here innit? Registered User regular
    Yee It's today if I recall correctly. I scored some discount Corned beef from my local winco and instant potted it along with some baby carrots/potatoes/shredded cabbage. 80 minutes at high pressure and it was golden. Followed by 10 minutes at high pressure for the veggies

• Options

I just looked it up because I was confused.

Apparently I have about 2 hours left to celebrate

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    edited March 2022
    Yeah it was today

Thursday

The 17th of March, 2022

I had Irish Cream ice cream to celebrate

knitdan on
    “I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    As far as fast food apps, all I have installed are Taco Bell and Little Caesars. And really, isn't that all you need?

sig.gif
  • Options
    What does the little caesars app do for you?

You just walk in a buy a hot n ready and leave, it only takes 5minutes without the app

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    I actually have a decent number of restaurant apps installed on my phone because most of them have rewards programs and deals, and every once in a while you get to eat for almost free by combing a freebie from redeeming rewards points with a deal coupon. Sometimes you get free upgrades as well, like the Burger King app will usually let you upgrade your drink size one tier for no additional cost.

Except for the McDonald's app, which sucks and won't let you redeem a reward and use a deal in the same transaction.

• Options
    Yee It's today if I recall correctly. I scored some discount Corned beef from my local winco and instant potted it along with some baby carrots/potatoes/shredded cabbage. 80 minutes at high pressure and it was golden. Followed by 10 minutes at high pressure for the veggies

Wow I almost missed it completely. I don't celebrate it, per se, but usually I don't just forget there's a holiday either.

• Options

Wow I almost missed it completely. I don't celebrate it, per se, but usually I don't just forget there's a holiday either.

Haha yeah I mean I pretty much only pay attention to it for the cheaper/suddenly prominent brisket and corned beef available in the butcher cases and the variants of tye-dye green cookies and cakes and soda bread that sprouts up alongside it

Goddamn I should go to the store tomorrow and see if there's any discount soda bread. Toasted Soda Bread with kerrygold butter is the devils temptation I'll tell ya what.

• Options
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    What does the little caesars app do for you?

You just walk in a buy a hot n ready and leave, it only takes 5minutes without the app
    I can be assured that there will be a pizza when I arrive, especially if I want something that isn't a Hot and Ready. Also I don't have to interact with anyone since I can also pay with the app.

sig.gif
  • Options
    I can do that too, via their website.

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Aren't most fast food apps just glorified websites that want your phone's contact list?

• Options
    I can do that too, via their website.
    Aren't most fast food apps just glorified websites that want your phone's contact list?

Ding ding ding, correct. And everything else the app demands permissions for.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I know that you can't get a quesarito at Taco Bell unless you order through their app now

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    which is bullshit

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I have a few fast food apps on my phone because they keep their coupons in there.

• Options
    sponospono Mining for Nose Diamonds Booger CoveRegistered User regular
    I am dangerously close to installing the 7-11 app

I should really break the habit of going to 7-11 on the drive in to work

640qocnq4ske.gif
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Like I literally don't care what the app demands permissions for. I can say no.

I can turn off notifications, I can keep it hidden in a folder. And if it'll give me half price food it's welcome.

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Buffalo Wild Wings is the only one I have since it's a quarter of a mile down the road and I can earn free wings.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I would have thought wild wings were free wings, but what do I know

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    I would have thought wild wings were free wings, but what do I know

If you've got the time to hunt them down, but if I haven't eaten any wings yet I don't have that kind of energy.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    The sad fact is that these days it's mostly Buffalo Feral Wings from escaped domesticated buffalo.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    The sad fact is that these days it's mostly Buffalo Feral Wings from escaped domesticated buffalo.

And they STILL cost two tanka.

This discussion has been closed.